Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Gates Foundation spending an additional $150 million on coronavirus relief after Bill Gates slammed Trump for withdrawing support for WHO

https://www.businessinsider.com/gates-foundation-spending-additional-150-million-on-coronavirus-aid-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Maybe Trump can Use this in his bid for re-election.

March 2020 is the first March in 18 years that there has not been a school shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The f*cking state of them

200415-michigan-protest-video-tease__415481.focal-760x428.jpg

Local public transit announced on Twitter its service was disrupted downtown and in nearby areas because of the gridlock and that it was "unable to accommodate life-sustaining and medically necessary trips to or from these areas."
    At one point, there was a "lock her up" chant in reference to Whitmer.
    And Trumper's wonder why these people are called idiots :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

Billy Mays wrote: »
    The f*cking state of them

200415-michigan-protest-video-tease__415481.focal-760x428.jpg

And Trumper's wonder why these people are called idiots :rolleyes:

I knew the militias would be at the heart of these protests. Give it another couple of weeks and you'll see a few of them losing the head and firing at cops. The irony is these muppets haven't changed their lifestyle one bit so what are they protesting about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1250483205599195136

Is there a case to let Darwin work it's healthy process here?

EVqcufDWkAAHf5x?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1250483205599195136

Is there a case to let Darwin work it's healthy process here?
    Amazing how they managed to fit 'thousands' of people into few dozen cars, about 50 by my count.

Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

Amazing how they managed to fit 'thousands' of people into few dozen cars, about 50 by my count.

Clowns.

Nearly every one of them a pick-up. It wasn't the soccermoms out protesting anyway.

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭NSAman

threeball wrote: »
    Nearly every one of them a pick-up. It wasn't the soccermoms out protesting anyway.

While I agree that Americans in general are the dumbest people on the face of the planet, you do realise that most households in the mid-west have two cars, most have at least one pick-up truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

A picture says a thousand words...

It's astounding how humans can have such differing opinions when faced with the same facts.

EVqyAcYXgAAhNaK?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Scotty # wrote: »
    A picture says a thousand words...

It's astounding how humans can have such differing opinions when faced with the same facts.

EVqyAcYXgAAhNaK?format=jpg&name=medium
    Reminds me of that picture of those f*ckwits up north screaming outside Belfast city hall about their union flegs

A similar number of brain cells between I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Since 1985 The Gates Foundation has spent 36 billion dollars on vital works, he is well placed to fire off a few tweets against that multiple bankrupt president if he so chooses.

Currently has 90 billion in his bank account...but I suppose he probably needs that much in case of emergencies, they do say everyone should have some savings incase of unforseen emergencies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

JJayoo wrote: »
    Currently has 90 billion in his bank account...but I suppose he probably needs that much in case of emergencies, they do say everyone should have some savings incase of unforseen emergencies

Yeah, that’s how he got rich. By keeping his fortune in his bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Wooosh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Gates Foundation spending an additional $150 million on coronavirus relief after Bill Gates slammed Trump for withdrawing support for WHO

https://www.businessinsider.com/gates-foundation-spending-additional-150-million-on-coronavirus-aid-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

Ask yourself a very simple question. Try to not be made a cretin of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Trump really going after WHO last night
    You see what happened to France. WHO’s guidance had failed to control their borders at a very crucial phase, quickly unleashing the contagion around the world. That was a horrible, tragic mistake — or perhaps they knew.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-26/

What will tonight's car crash bring I wonder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

I mean wrong but I am not sure why you are giving out about people agreeing with the president. Though still 6 days short of Trump still saying it was no big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

If the virus does come back and start another hotspot in a re-opened state - Trump says they'll be able to "whack it".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Christy42 wrote: »
    I mean wrong but I am not sure why you are giving out about people agreeing with the president. Though still 6 days short of Trump still saying it was no big deal.

Posted it in another thread, but the US has lost 7,000 people to this in the last 72 hours, or one about every 25 seconds.

Quite the elaborate hoax, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

Although I thought Trump was a little more humbling tonight, by allowing the people that have some expertise in the field to ask questions. I do find it a little off putting that their amount of people that have the virus is now over 3 times the highest than any other country in the world (including does close to their Population) and that today's death rate is 18.5% higher than yesterdays, although their death rate per 100,000 has grown from 4.5% to 5% (this would lead me to believe that not enough tests are being done and they are starting to tally the home deaths and untested civilians. So mightn't be to bad but still worrisome. as I not sure why the figures are that way.

My question would be though if the open up certain states, example he believes if a restaurant can hold 153 tables they should be 153 tables full, or a football stadium that holds 100,000 should be 100,000 full. ( say West Virginia opens up what's to stop New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland from going there) how are they going to stop cross state infection, is it up to the governors to police boundaries, or the Federal government, this seems like a huge task, because the way the road systems seems to work within the states it appears quite easy to cross State Boards, very much state roads and back roads, cause they are one economy. I bet ya Trump hates the idea of building walls on borders now.

TLTR basically now can you open up the states without cross state infection, I assume border lockdown on states, but now would they do that? honest question

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Trump says WHO is very China centric and they will look into the funding of them. He’s right there.

Also says dollar has got stronger through this while currencies in other countries have weakened. Good vote of confidence for his handling of this thus far.

The dollar is the dominant world currency. People always flock to it in crisis.

Also, any currency of a country heavily dependent on natural resources has fallen. I know myself, from seeing the Colombian peso fall heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

The dollar is the dominant world currency. People always flock to it in crisis.

Also, any currency of a country heavily dependent on natural resources has fallen. I know myself, from seeing the Colombian peso fall heavily.

I would disagree with you there, based on what principle how are you coming to this conclusion?

Also disagree there any country heavily dependent on natural resources is going to be a big win, in the next 3 to 6 months. You do understand economics it is basically supply and demand (basically if you have 450 size 1" screws, when I need 375 3/4" screws your are no good to me, I might be able to make it work, but you will be my last call)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭NSAman

Today saw the SBA and PPP programs run out of money. From what I have gathered, very very few small businesses have been given access to this funding. PPP which should keep people in jobs, for at least 8 weeks, has been no where sufficient and there will be many more people on the dole queues in the States next week and in weeks to come.

The whole “handling it through the banks” has been a disaster. Websites crashing, no confirmation emails being sent to applicants despite them completing it prior to any funding running out. I can honestly say, many customers (myself included) will be changing to local banks in the coming weeks, the larger banks have been an unmitigated disaster to deal with.

From an area with 0% unemployment where I live, nearly every business has closed and laid off their work force. The company I work for have retained all of our staff, and are still working from home. Business for us has been more quiet but still busy THANKFULLY. I know our staff are terrified of loosing their jobs, this has been the knock on effect of everyone else being furloughed or let go. They are safe.

More shocking for me this morning and something that has REALLY upset me today are the queues for the food banks. Literally LINES of people queuing as they have no money for food. Supermarkets locally are reporting it being quiet as lack of money hits the hardest. It honestly upset me today how bad things have become here so quickly.

I can honestly say, normally I would be the glass half full person in any situation, but this has really hit home how badly Americans in my area are being affected. This will continue for weeks to come. With no financial aid for many small businesses, you can expect this to be worse than the depression IMHO. We haven’t even discussed the self employed yet.

With Trump not seeming to be in his whole mental state (I’m being kind), with politicians trying to score points with each other instead of working together, I see little hope that mass evictions, mass debt and mass home repossessions will take place and the homeless situation will be beyond recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

NSAman wrote: »
    Today saw the SBA and PPP programs run out of money. From what I have gathered, very very few small businesses have been given access to this funding. PPP which should keep people in jobs, for at least 8 weeks, has been no where sufficient and there will be many more people on the dole queues in the States next week and in weeks to come.

The whole “handling it through the banks” has been a disaster. Websites crashing, no confirmation emails being sent to applicants despite them completing it prior to any funding running out. I can honestly say, many customers (myself included) will be changing to local banks in the coming weeks, the larger banks have been an unmitigated disaster to deal with.

From an area with 0% unemployment where I live, nearly every business has closed and laid off their work force. The company I work for have retained all of our staff, and are still working from home. Business for us has been more quiet but still busy THANKFULLY. I know our staff are terrified of loosing their jobs, this has been the knock on effect of everyone else being furloughed or let go. They are safe.

More shocking for me this morning and something that has REALLY upset me today are the queues for the food banks. Literally LINES of people queuing as they have no money for food. Supermarkets locally are reporting it being quiet as lack of money hits the hardest. It honestly upset me today how bad things have become here so quickly.

I can honestly say, normally I would be the glass half full person in any situation, but this has really hit home how badly Americans in my area are being affected. This will continue for weeks to come. With no financial aid for many small businesses, you can expect this to be worse than the depression IMHO. We haven’t even discussed the self employed yet.

With Trump not seeming to be in his whole mental state (I’m being kind), with politicians trying to score points with each other instead of working together, I see little hope that mass evictions, mass debt and mass home repossessions will take place and the homeless situation will be beyond recognition.

1 in 10 people in my state are out of work now. The system can't cope, and many can't even get their claim started because its totally blocked. It can't go on like this. And yet people are criticized as heartless bastards for even the merest suggestion of loosening restrictions. Its easy to say that when you aren't in dire straits yourself. There is no safety net here. It has to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    1 in 10 people in my state are out of work now. The system can't cope, and many can't even get their claim started because its totally blocked. It can't go on like this. And yet people are criticized as heartless bastards for even the merest suggestion of loosening restrictions. Its easy to say that when you aren't in dire straits yourself. There is no safety net here. It has to happen

Surely the right thing to do is to properly resource the claim departments. You seen to be suggesting that things are reopened, not on any medical ability, but because the system sucks.

Why is the system so unable to cope you need to ask? Why, since they knew from January, has nothing been done to address this?

Beholders wrote: »
    I would disagree with you there, based on what principle how are you coming to this conclusion?

The dollar is the world's reserve currency.

What do you disagree with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

America landed people on the moon,was one of leading scientific and medical countries of the 20th century (and cultural with tv and internet)

Its like watching the last days of rome,watching them seemingly implode

They did that with foreigners though. Part of the new America is rejecting foreigners.

Advertisement