Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

threeball wrote: »
    That wouldn't be a debate. That would just be Trump throwing personal insults and acting like a petulant child. I've never seen him engage in a coherent conversation or even stay on a single point.

True. He would just drag any debate down to the lowest common denominator and the MAGA idiots would lap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

What we all need to remember now is that...

Viruses don’t kill people.

People kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭threeball

CNN didnt show the Donald but are showing Pence, have they finally decided to cut off his oxygen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Not very Presidential to do a disappearing act. Probably gone to get pumped up on more drugs?? He looks like S*!t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

cilantro54 wrote: »
    Your statement is factually incorrect, though. Bernie was not presented to 'the Americans.' He was presented to the Dems and they shafted him. Big difference.

But go ahead, condemn 'Americans' en masse.

If Bernie was "too far left" for the dems, then he is way, way, way too far left for independents. That's not an indictment of Sanders at all who would be centre left in most of Europe, it's a damning statement about the US. FF and FG would both be outright communists in many of their eyes.

The USSR might have "lost" the codl war, BUT THE USA onky lost tgo a slightly lesser degree - it broke their collective minds as a nation. Their only hope are the millennials and Gen Z crowd rectifying it in the future, if there's a democracy or much of a nation left to salvage at all at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

What we all need to remember now is that...

Viruses don’t kill people.

People kill people.
    And now this is stuck in my head.

How the hell are they still all working off the same podium 2 months on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Great to see Fauci being allowed to talk and explain things to everyone without that Orange F)ckwit standing there....

If Bernie was "too far left" for the dems, then he is way, way, way too far left for independents. That's not an indictment of Sanders at all who would be centre left in most of Europe, it's a damning statement about the US. FF and FG would both be outright communists in many of their eyes.

The USSR might have "lost" the codl war, BUT THE USA onky lost tgo a slightly lesser degree - it broke their collective minds as a nation. Their only hope are the millennials and Gen Z crowd rectifying it in the future, if there's a democracy or much of a nation left to salvage at all at that point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it splinter. The west coast states break away, the north east as well. They're as different from people living in Tennesse and Arkansas as we are from Australians. We probably have more in common with Australians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

https://twitter.com/hwinkler4real/status/1251284547934621696?s=20

I'm glad there's the Atlantic between us and them

• Advertisement

There are plenty like them here, just mainly online at the moment thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

lol fcuk me iv seen it all:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Jesus lads, do any of ye think Biden is going to beat Trump next November ?

I can't see it happening but at least you'll all have 4 more years of getting yer nickers in a twist and lecturing the American taxpayers how they should spend their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Good to see Democrat money wasted on paying for stunts like this. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Yes it's all a lie to make Trump look bad, paid for by political rivals.

I fuccking despair

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

EV1sbLLU0AAjiAH?format=jpg&name=medium

Yes it's all a lie to make Trump look bad, paid for by political rivals.

I fuccking despair

So, you've never seen the Antifa crowd hurl missiles at crowds all while CNN were begged to turn on their cameras only to say, nah.

There are plenty of false actors out there.

Danno wrote: »
    So, you've never seen the Antifa crowd hurl missiles at crowds all while CNN were begged to turn on their cameras only to say, nah.

Conspiracy forum is >>>>>>>> that way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Anyway back on topic...

Interesting he's done a disappearing act before Q&A tonight. Think that's a first?

Hopefully reporters have some good questions ready tonight, although don't think it will take much to push him over the edge this evening going by his afternoon's tweeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

All entirely relevant to the man's actions daily in the role of leading one of the most powerful countries on earth.

Sure it's grand, whatever he does and says, it's all someone else's fault.

• Advertisement

Conspiracy forum is >>>>>>>> that way

Nice deflection, hat tip to you sir.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world is busy figuring out how to contain and deal with Covid-19 instead of finding cheap political shots to be fired across the brow of those actually working on the ground.

All entirely relevant to the man's actions daily in the role of leading one of the most powerful countries on earth.

Sure it's grand, whatever he does and says, it's all someone else's fault.

Has he the power to tell the governors to shut down their states?

Has he the power to tell the governors to open back up their states?

Is he the "all powerful" or should I use dictator there? Am I speaking your language yet?

Nice deflection, hat tip to you sir.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world is busy figuring out how to contain and deal with Covid-19 instead of finding cheap political shots to be fired across the brow of those actually working on the ground.

Says the lad who brought a conspiracy theory to the forum.

Yes loads of people are working to get the better of this thing. Not Trump, hes to busy watching Cuomo and others on TV and tweeting inciting crap.

Is he the "all powerful" or should I use dictator there? Am I speaking your language yet?

He said he had, presidential power is absolute. His words.

He certainly seemed to think that he did not so long ago, probably until someone sat him down and explained reality to him.
    Seems to be having a bit of a huff about it since however when some governors won't do what he wants and he can't get his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Pence is at one side of Fauci nodding, and Trump on the other side with a face like a smacked arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Pence is at one side of Fauci nodding, and Trump on the other side with a face like a smacked arse.

If he was standing there smiling you would say he isn't taking it seriously.
    Some people just want to complain

THE PRESIDENT: Peter, I just have to say that, as we see a hotspot possibly developing — maybe not — but if we see a hotspot developing, we’ve learned a lot. We’ll be able to suppress it, whack it. We’ll be able to do things that people weren’t even thinking about because nobody has ever gone through this.

Whack it! Do things people weren't even thinking about.

Interesting times ahead!

He said he had, presidential power is absolute. His words.

So you don't really know then, do you?

Or is it, you don't want to know? What a conundrum that original question posed for you.

You can always take a walk down Chinatown with Pelosi if you want. It's lovely there and nothing to fear - her words.

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1251190517142114304

Cuomo would have my vote.

It's great to see someone in the States call out Trump publicly on his BS.

This was a very good listen.

Don't know much about Cuomo, what's the dirt on him :)

Can string a sentence together anyway in comparison with Donald.

I like the bit about, I'm done ha, cause that's how Donald sounds at the moment, like its all over.

Advertisement