Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Also donates his salary to charity every year. He changes the beneficiary every quarter. What a scumbag.

Also did you know that Ivanka was awarded "young gobal leader " by the world economic forum in 2015.
    This is before Trump was even president so she wasn't just handed all.
    She actually has a huge list of personal achievements.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/people/ivanka-trump/

Do you?

Isn’t the salary donation yet to be proven because he won’t release his tax returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Beholders wrote: »
    I would disagree with you there, based on what principle how are you coming to this conclusion?

Also disagree there any country heavily dependent on natural resources is going to be a big win, in the next 3 to 6 months. You do understand economics it is basically supply and demand (basically if you have 450 size 1" screws, when I need 375 3/4" screws your are no good to me, I might be able to make it work, but you will be my last call)

The dollar is the world's reserve currency. That's a fact.

Well they're certainly not winning now. Look at currencies from Latin American nations.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Carfacemandog is banned from posting in this thread

Everyone else back on topic, which is not the election, not Trump in general, but the Trump/American response (to Covid-19)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭NSAman

Stimulus package my arse!

The PPP and SBA have been a con on the American people again. Thousands upon thousands of Small businesses have not been able to apply , thanks to the large banks. Apparently, only wages of those with up to 500 employees could apply, yet Pot Belly has seen its wages covered under this program with 6000 employees.

Sickening and maddening is not the word. yet the POTUS thinks this all went without a hitch? BS!!!

I am talking with local Small Business People daily and not one of these people locally received this funding if they were with the larger banks (guess who got bailed out before?). Small local and community banks have been superb ......... so much for looking after small business “the backbone” of America...HA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If Trump really wants out of lockdown then he needs to get testing ramped up. Id love to see him really throw his weight behind it, write executive orders, divert funds from other places, poach scientists from other countries, whatever, pull out all the stops and do whatever he can get away with. He has no problem bending rules and ignoring protocall when it comes to lining his own pockets and those of friends and I can't help but feel that if he were to approach coronavirus with the same attitude he'd be a lot more effective. Look what he did for the wall. Maybe I'm wrong and its not an option but it seems to me he's doing a lot of blaming others and fcuk all else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Canada has decided to keep the border closed for another 30 days in the interests of safety :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭threeball

NSAman wrote: »
    Stimulus package my arse!

The PPP and SBA have been a con on the American people again. Thousands upon thousands of Small businesses have not been able to apply , thanks to the large banks. Apparently, only wages of those with up to 500 employees could apply, yet Pot Belly has seen its wages covered under this program with 6000 employees.

Sickening and maddening is not the word. yet the POTUS thinks this all went without a hitch? BS!!!

I am talking with local Small Business People daily and not one of these people locally received this funding if they were with the larger banks (guess who got bailed out before?). Small local and community banks have been superb ......... so much for looking after small business “the backbone” of America...HA!

Trump has never done a thing that wasn't for the sole benefit of big business and billionaires. He wants the average joe to vote for him but after that he doesn't give a toss about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Canada has decided to keep the border closed for another 30 days in the interests of safety :)

Smart people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

DJT on CV response live on BBC NEWS TV channel at this time
    :eek:
    God Help America

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    DJT on CV response live on BBC NEWS TV channel at this time
    :eek:
    God Help America

Is he really that stupid and inciteful or is he really and truly Putins puppet. Up to now i thought he was a useful idiot for the russians but the latest statements of liberating states makes me wonder if theres more to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

threeball wrote: »
    Is he really that stupid and inciteful or is he really and truly Putins puppet. Up to now i thought he was a useful idiot for the russians but the latest statements of liberating states makes me wonder if theres more to it.

The Americans ( and people who think they are living there) are always deflecting blame. Trump and his supporters blame China for the virus, the American left blames Russia for Trump. America is both responsible for Trump and his (and their) response to the virus. Russia isn't organising protests against the lockdowns.

FVP3 wrote: »
    The Americans ( and people who think they are living there) are always deflecting blame. Trump and his supporters blame China for the virus, the American left blames Russia for Trump. America is both responsible for Trump and his (and their) response to the virus. Russia isn't organising protests against the lockdowns.

Not directly but its in their interest if the President is stirring the pot and creating division. Trump has a long history with the Russian mafia and the russian mafia and russian government go hand in glove. Its hard to imagine he isn't severely compromised. After all he would be completely bankrupt if not for the Russians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

The blanket statements agains 330 million people are getting tiresome.

First of all people all over the world are blaming China right now. Even right here in Ireland. The "American left" do place some blame on Russia for Trump's election as post investigations show (and some 19 American gov't institutions agreed) they took various actions to meddle in the US elections (Trump HIMSELF publicly appealed for them to interfere and hack which is outrageous)-but the left also place the blame where it belongs on the political machine of the day and ignorant/racist Americans to whom he appealed to.
    Trump is a **** stirrer, he's causing those protests at that level. Because his approval ratings went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Stateofyou wrote: »
    The blanket statements agains 330 million people are getting tiresome.

First of all people all over the world are blaming China right now. Even right here in Ireland. The "American left" do place some blame on Russia for Trump's election as post investigations show (and some 19 American gov't institutions agreed) they took various actions to meddle in the US elections (Trump HIMSELF publicly appealed for them to interfere and hack which is outrageous)-but the left also place the blame where it belongs on the political machine of the day and ignorant/racist Americans to whom he appealed to.
    Trump is a **** stirrer, he's causing those protests at that level. Because his approval ratings went down.

But America claims itself to be one nation. They interact with the world on that basis, not as 330m individuals.

So when people talk about Americans,they of course, are using the very general sense of the word. Nobody thinks they all think the same, or act the same, or agree on everything.

Nobody thinks that Trump is what every American is or thinks like. But he was chosen as the best representative of their nation, that he was the leader they wanted.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But America claims itself to be one nation. They interact with the world on that basis, not as 330m individuals.

So when people talk about Americans,they of course, are using the very general sense of the word. Nobody thinks they all think the same, or act the same, or agree on everything.

Nobody thinks that Trump is what every American is or thinks like. But he was chosen as the best representative of their nation, that he was the leader they wanted.

What are you getting at with the part above that I put in bold?

You have to stop doing that, do you even realise that you are, and there are other ways of getting an idea across without making blanket statements? You say "not every American" yet that is how you consistently refer to them.

3 million more Americans wanted Hillary, actually.

You have to stop doing that, do you even realise that you are, and there are other ways of getting an idea across without making blanket statements? You say "not every American" yet that is how you consistently refer to them.

As I said in another thread

Thats hilarious. The US is at war with about 7 or 8 countries right now, its population is trained to hate the Russians, or China, or Syria, or Libya, or Iran, or Iraq, or Yemen, or Venezuela or any country that stands up to the empire. Not that any of them can find it on a map. They also hate Europeans in general.

The Russian interference in the US election is nonsense, on the other hand the US quite deliberately interferes everywhere. One of the most recent examples is Venezuela where the clearly unelected Guaido is their man. Just recently they stole central bank money (which was held on account in citibank) and transferred it to the personal account of Guaido. Just think about that for a moment, raiding a private bank to get the funds of a country to transfer to your guy to impose him on a different country. The Us "left" is full on with this too, the day after the clown show where she tore up Trump's speech, Nancy Pelosi met with Guaido.

There was a candidate in the last election who was left wing and anti-war and also a woman, and a woman of colour at that, and an ex marine ( so she could also appeal to a conservative base and not be accused of being a traitor).

She got <2% of the Democrat vote.

As I said in another thread

Thats hilarious. The US is at war with about 7 or 8 countries right now, its population is trained to hate the Russians, or China, or Syria, or Libya, or Iran, or Iraq, or Yemen, or Venezuela or any country that stands up to the empire. Not that any of them can find it on a map. They also hate Europeans in general.

The Russian interference in the US election is nonsense, on the other hand the US quite deliberately interferes everywhere. One of the most recent examples is Venezuela where the clearly unelected Guaido is their man. Just recently they stole central bank money (which was held on account in citibank) and transferred it to the personal account of Guaido. Just think about that for a moment, raiding a private bank to get the funds of a country to transfer to your guy to impose him on a different country. The Us "left" is full on with this too, the day after the clown show where she tore up Trump's speech, Nancy Pelosi met with Guaido.

There was a candidate in the last election who was left wing and anti-war and also a woman, and a woman of colour at that, and an ex marine ( so she could also appeal to a conservative base and not be accused of being a traitor).

She got <2% of the Democrat vote.

Ah jaaaaysus.

The Americans aren't trained to hate anyone. Many look at things with eyes wide open and are SICK and disgusted to their back teeth of the war machine and all the money being spent on it to the detriment of their own country. When I lived there off and on I saw this for myself, and in one of the cities I lived in, a group of protesters gathered in front of the courthouse almost every weekend with their signs and protested the interferences of their gov't.
    Many of those countries you just mentioned have people of those cultures living in the US as immigrants or first generation in the US. I knew many of them. Many of my acquaintances there regularly spoke up and posted on their social medias the disgust of the US military industrial complex. Many US politicians and groups regularly speak up about it. Everyone I knew there LOVED Europe and Europeans. Many of them claim to have ancestry from Ireland (lol) or Western Europe so they're fascinated by it and the sheer scope of history we have here.

On the contrary Russian interference in the US election is a fact determined by their intelligence community. But sure, you know better! lol.

Bernie was also anti-war and ran one of the most successful presidential campaigns there was. He was incredibly popular. Unfortunately other things have worked against him.
    Having said all this I just remembered a mod warned against political bs talk and told us to stay on topic about the Trump response to Coronavirus. So I won't be commenting further on this.

Ah jaaaaysus.

The Americans aren't trained to hate anyone.

Of course they are. No American should have any beef with Iran, or Iraq or Syria, or Venezuela, none of whom have any effect on their lives. However online the hatred is unreal.

Whenever the US has enemies the population rushes in to hate those enemies. To believe that Iran is an enemy of the US you have to believe that the interests of the US go into Persia, and yet most Americans can hardly find Iran on the map.
    Many look at things with eyes wide open and are SICK and disgusted to their back teeth of the war machine and all the money being spent on it to the detriment of their own country. When I lived there off and on I saw this for myself, and in one of the cities I lived in, a group of protesters gathered in front of the courthouse almost every weekend with their signs and protested the interferences of their gov't.

Minor protests aside there is no significant anti-war movement in the US.
    Many of those countries you just mentioned have people of those cultures living in the US as immigrants or first generation in the US. I knew many of them. Many of my acquaintances there regularly spoke up and posted on their social medias the disgust of the US military industrial complex. Many US politicians and groups regularly speak up about it.

As Will Self pointed out recently the US has to promote tolerance for its minorities and hatred for the same people overseas. The latest example is China.
    Everyone I knew there LOVED Europe and Europeans. Many of them claim to have ancestry from Ireland (lol) or Western Europe so they're fascinated by it and the sheer scope of history we have here.

In the right wing states there is clear hatred of Europeans. In the Left wing the hatred is of "eurocentrism" as if Europeans were dominating the world.
    On the contrary Russian interference in the US election is a fact determined by their intelligence community. But sure, you know better! lol.

I think the last time I heard that argument was pre Iraq war when I doubted WMD.
    Bernie was also anti-war and ran one of the most successful presidential campaigns there was. He was incredibly popular. Unfortunately other things have worked against him.
    Having said all this I just remembered a mod warned against political bs talk and told us to stay on topic about the Trump response to Coronavirus. So I won't be commenting further on this.

Bernie is only kinda sorta anti-war. He wants Assad overthrown for example.

• Advertisement

Of course they are. No American should have any beef with Iran, or Iraq or Syria, or Venezuela, none of whom have any effect on their lives. However online the hatred is unreal.

Whenever the US has enemies the population rushes in to hate those enemies. To believe that Iran is an enemy of the US you have to believe that the interests of the US go into Persia, and yet most Americans can hardly find Iran on the map.

Minor protests aside there is no significant anti-war movement in the US.

As Will Self pointed out recently the US has to promote tolerance for its minorities and hatred for the same people overseas. The latest example is China.

In the right wing states there is clear hatred of Europeans. In the Left wing the hatred is of "eurocentrism" as if Europeans were dominating the world.

I think the last time I heard that argument was pre Iraq war when I doubted WMD.

Bernie is only kinda sorta anti-war. He wants Assad overthrown for example.

They don't-I don't know what online forums you frequent but maybe don't. You'll always find hatred if that's what you want to find.

That whole post is so full of sh*t so tell you what, don't quote me again and mind what the moderators say. There's nothing I can say in response to someone who continually paints an entire culture of people in one brush stroke, of which you are neither an expert or a direct participator in. When you say an entire culture of people are or think a certain way, it says more about you than it does them.

Look to our own country for hatred towards China. There's an article about it on RTE right now actually. Put your nose back on your own face there in that regard. Plenty of posts here on the Coronavirus posts here on boards and in my social media feeds showing animosity or hatred toward the Chinese. Most of my friends do not post that stuff. As I said, you will find hatred and ignorance wherever you want to look and focus on.

Even in the "right wing" states, aka republican majority, there are still Democrats, liberals and many other views. Stop painting people with one brush.

The fact that you said that Russian interference conclusions were pre Iraq war shows just how much you lack any knowledge about what is actually going on there. Russian interference and 2016 election: google it and learn something. Wow....

I would appreciate it if you would not engage with me on this thread again about this. If you want to start your own post about the American people and how much you hate them and you believe they're all the same, then start a new post and we'll go toe to toe there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

HaHa, Pelosi says looks to the Chinese for the answers and criticizes everyone else for underestimating Coronavirus but fails to see how did too.

https://twitter.com/Jali_Cat/status/1251897337703796737

Dr. Brix calls it as it should be ...

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1251883843176390659

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Is this real? Surely not.

Funny when Trump was questioned about the protesters potentially protesting his own social distancing guidelines :)
    Q Do you feel, though, some of these protesters are protesting your social distancing guidelines?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t know. I mean, I notice there were a lot of protests out there. And I just think that some of the governors have gotten carried away.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-2/

He is tying himself up in knots each night.
    Looking forward to tonight's mess already, few beers in the fridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I am really struggling to understand what your point is? Are you suggesting that in any discussion about Anerica, or indeed Americans, one must take account of every opinion.

Governments, or POTUS, are elected by whatever version of the democratic process the people in that country have accepted. The result is what the country wants.

Should the EU set up separate diplomatic teams for both Trump and Pelosi as dealing with Trump doesn't include everyone? That would be insane.

As I said, I fully understand that there are huge variances in opinions with the country, the states, even within the same family.

But you have to draw a line somewhere otherwise we would never get anything done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

edited

30000 dead now so they've got plenty of headroom for this to be considered a fantastic, tremendous success.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

20000 dead now so they've got plenty of headroom for this to be considered a fantastic, tremendous success.

20000? You're a mite off there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

It's the "Blame Game" and here is your host, Donald Trump as "The President"

10 points for ventilators
    20 points for China Travel ban
    30 points for the Democrats

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

edited

30000 dead now so they've got plenty of headroom for this to be considered a fantastic, tremendous success.

Lol

Try editing again there Harold...

edited

41,379 deaths. But its april and its going away in april apparently. It better hurry up. Less than 2 weeks left to head off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Americans are actually just stupid.

I just spend the last 20 mins arguing with a crazy trumper about Medtronic. I said i was surprised there wasn't something in the US media about the company the fact they have shared designs etc. And they were to sell emergency compact ventilators to the us etc.

For some reason he thought Ireland wouldn't have the capability to make ventilators.

I dunno.

Advertisement