Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Which backs up what I said, he's clearly misspeaking and absolutely believes what he's saying to be accurate. Like I said, on Sunday night he read "As of today, we’ve tested 4.18 million Americans. That’s a record anywhere in the world. The United States has now conducted more total tests than all of the following nations combined and then followed it with a list of countries. Clearly he believes he's saying the same thing again and whilst that's wrong, there's a difference between being wrong and lying.
    giphy.webp

You're actually brainwashed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

I didn't imply he was the only one there. My issue is that he is the one incapable of speaking simple sentences. And that is the best view of it. He has a job there like the rest of the speakers and he is letting the side down. This is an important part of the job and he is absolutely incompetent at it at best.

I wasn't referring to last night's presser but I was unclear about that. I was thinking of LIBERATE x. And he has had plenty of time to clear up those statements or get someone to word it better so don't try that misspeak nonsense.

Trump has absolutely downplayed the virus. He talks about liberating states. Talks about ratings. Repeatedly says we will reopen Easter or this date or that date. He talks about the cure being worse than the disease. That is his focusing on reopening. He needs to focus on the virus instead of how bad the shutdown is. You can argue that the media are taking selecting statements but that is because they are the most noteworthy.

Certainly no world leader wants the cure to be worse than the disease but other world leaders focus on the virus. It sends the message about what is important. They make the focus of their message clear and they put effort into this because public participation is important.

If he is misspeaking so often then he needs to correct himself when it is pointed out. He has twitter. They even increased the word count. If you don't correct yourself then it isn't misspeaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Which backs up what I said, he's clearly misspeaking and absolutely believes what he's saying to be accurate. Like I said, on Sunday night he read "As of today, we’ve tested 4.18 million Americans. That’s a record anywhere in the world. The United States has now conducted more total tests than all of the following nations combined and then followed it with a list of countries. Clearly he believes he's saying the same thing again and whilst that's wrong, there's a difference between being wrong and lying.

Yes there is a difference between being wrong and lying. He is CLEARLY trading in the former. He's been challenged on this numerous times and he cuts off and insults reporters instead of taking that opportunity to say something like "I'll look into that and issue a correction if inaccurate. Thank you." Please. He won't do that because the truth doesn't matter to him. He has teams of people (or should have) who can ensure he has the most accurate data and then write his announcements for him.
    He has a responsibility to put forward correct information to the public and indeed the wider world. The average person on boards could put forward better and more accurate press releases. He's doing it on purpose because that's what he does. He knows that his base will believe him regardless. There's probably a part in him due to his narcissism that believes if he tells a lie enough times it becomes reality or truth. He lives in his own reality. Rich to accuse China and the WHO of not being accurate or better in response and look at this absolute **** show on display. He's there for the spin. If he actually cared about accuracy that wouldn't happen night after night. Day after day since fact checkers have been on that guy's ar*e. For years going back decades even. Because he has a history and pattern of LYING.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I'd have to agree here it does seem to be more incompetence with this one than his spoofing and lying.

Imagine being so unfamiliar with whats going on though to think it could be true. He knows the price of oil though.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Apparently some people who need anti malaria drugs are unable to get them because following Dr Trump's advice, people who don't need them have been stockpiling.

Anyone know if this is fact?

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    I didn't imply he was the only one there. My issue is that he is the one incapable of speaking simple sentences. And that is the best view of it. He has a job there like the rest of the speakers and he is letting the side down. This is an important part of the job and he is absolutely incompetent at it at best.

I wasn't referring to last night's presser but I was unclear about that. I was thinking of LIBERATE x. And he has had plenty of time to clear up those statements or get someone to word it better so don't try that misspeak nonsense.

Trump has absolutely downplayed the virus. He talks about liberating states. Talks about ratings. Repeatedly says we will reopen Easter or this date or that date. He talks about the cure being worse than the disease. That is his focusing on reopening. He needs to focus on the virus instead of how bad the shutdown is. You can argue that the media are taking selecting statements but that is because they are the most noteworthy.

Certainly no world leader wants the cure to be worse than the disease but other world leaders focus on the virus. It sends the message about what is important. They make the focus of their message clear and they put effort into this because public participation is important.

If he is misspeaking so often then he needs to correct himself when it is pointed out. He has twitter. They even increased the word count. If you don't correct yourself then it isn't misspeaking.
    This is a guy who, rather than admit he got the projected path of a hurricane wrong, did this

800.jpeg

He probably just misdrew that extra black bit though

• Registered Users Posts: 40,105 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Did he mis speak the 15,000+ lies he has told?

Pete could you give a break down of all them?

I'm joking, you would wouldn't you?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Livvie wrote: »
    Apparently some people who need anti malaria drugs are unable to get them because following Dr Trump's advice, people who don't need them have been stockpiling.

Anyone know if this is fact?

This is the article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5129896002

This is the fault of doctors prescribing it in the community or suppliers if there is an issue.

What I mean is that there's 1.5 million lupus patients. Approx 76% of them will be taking HCQ. That's 1.2 million doses of 200mg twice daily for 365 days.

In Covid patients the recommended dose is 400mg twice daily for one day then 200mg twice daily for 4 days. If there's 800k cases of Covid in the US and 30% of them need hospitilisation that's circa 250k doses for 5 days. An absolute minimal amount of extra HCQ.

That's why any shortage makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭threeball

Billy Mays wrote: »
    giphy.webp

rteofy24hzr11.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Billy Mays wrote: »
    giphy.webp

Trump feels like a movie that is actually so bad it has passed beyond what a normal bad movie is like to the point that some people actually like it...

I think the difference is that most people who like an awful movie are aware that its a bad movie ...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Trump has criticised the governor of Georgia for his decision to reopen certain businesses such as bowling alleys and hair salons. It is in violation of phased federal guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Trump has criticised the governor of Georgia for his decision to reopen certain businesses such as bowling alleys and hair salons. It is in violation of phased federal guidelines.

This is just Trump maneuvering, scream consistently for one thing, then suggest maybe something else should be done.

Whatever the outcome, him, his supporters and Fox can play the footage of what turned out to having been the best path.

FFS, he spent the last few weeks saying states should open ASAP. Remember the open by Easter Sunday plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭briany

threeball wrote: »
    rteofy24hzr11.png

What has science ever done for us?

TV off.

This is just Trump maneuvering, scream consistently for one thing, then suggest maybe something else should be done.

Whatever the outcome, him, his supporters and Fox can play the footage of what turned out to having been the best path.

FFS, he spent the last few weeks saying states should open ASAP. Remember the open by Easter Sunday plan?

I do. Then the situation changed. No different to any country. There are no crystal balls.

Because it's Trump no matter the outcome or decision he will always be wrong. No free passes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I do. Then the situation changed. No different to any country. There are no crystal balls.

Because it's Trump no matter the outcome or decision he will always be wrong. No free passes

How did the situation change?

When he does something right we can test your theory, 3.5 years in and still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Yeah it's hard to keep up with him, is he kind of just sitting on the fence in a way.

Tuesday:
    Question: Mr. President, what — what do you say to the concerns — like, Georgia is opening up barbershops and bowling alleys and the like? And you saw Lindsey Graham is saying he’s concerned that Georgia may be going too far too fast, and it could affect people in South Carolina. Obviously, people travel back and forth between states. How do you protect the people of South Carolina, for example, from a potentially bad decision by a governor in Georgia?

THE PRESIDENT: So he’s a very capable man. He knows what he’s doing. He’s done a very good job as governor — Georgia

Then Wednesday:
    I told the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia

but then goes on with:

But, at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he’s doing. But I want to let the governors do — now, if I see something totally egregious, totally out of line, I’ll do.

Hmmm.. "I'll do" ?

then
    So I told the governor, very simply, that I disagree with his decision, but he has to do what he thinks is right.

Goes Well: As I said, I trust the governors to do what's best for their people, they love their people, great people. Great Governors. Great ships.
    Goes Bad: I told them not to. No one knows Georgia better than me. 22 million great people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

This is it. Remove any hint of accountability.

It's so blatant I have no idea how people don't cop it for what it is.

Tweet by Trump
    April 22nd (yesterday)
    States are safely coming back. Our Country is starting to OPEN FOR BUSINESS again. Special care is, and always will be, given to our beloved seniors (except me!). Their lives will be better than ever...WE LOVE YOU ALL!

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Tweet by Trump
    April 22nd (yesterday)
    States are safely coming back. Our Country is starting to OPEN FOR BUSINESS again. Special care is, and always will be, given to our beloved seniors (except me!). Their lives will be better than ever...WE LOVE YOU ALL!

Within federal guidelines.

When Eamon Ryan is taoiseach here and you all finally focus your attention on this country it will be too late.

The situation didn't change. It progressed exactly how the medical experts said, and had been saying loudly, it would!

• Advertisement

Within federal guidelines.

When Eamon Ryan is taoiseach here and you all finally focus your attention on this country it will be too late.

He literally mentioned nothing about federal guidelines. Are you his mind reader? Why should the leader of one of the most powerful countries even need people to say what he "really" meant? The standard is seriously so low here. As I said before, the average boards person could communicate better.
    And I am not aware of any other references to federal guidelines he has made, could you point it out?

I am and can be focused on different situations around the world simultaneously. It's not difficult! Assuming most of us with a functioning brain can do so. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This is it. Remove any hint of accountability.

It's so blatant I have no idea how people don't cop it for what it is.

I heard a clip of James O'Brien talking yesterday about how Trump is like someone who shouts both Heads and Tails when someone flips a coin. He'll say things with enough qualifiers that means he's actually saying both things at once. I'll allow something but I don't think it's a good idea = If it goes bad, I said I didn't think it was a good idea so I was right, but if it goes well, it's because I allowed it so I was right.

jibber5000 wrote: »
    This is the article.

This is the fault of doctors prescribing it in the community or suppliers if there is an issue.

What I mean is that there's 1.5 million lupus patients. Approx 76% of them will be taking HCQ. That's 1.2 million doses of 200mg twice daily for 365 days.

In Covid patients the recommended dose is 400mg twice daily for one day then 200mg twice daily for 4 days. If there's 800k cases of Covid in the US and 30% of them need hospitilisation that's circa 250k doses for 5 days. An absolute minimal amount of extra HCQ.

Just to clarify, it's not just people with lupus who use it. Eg people with arthritis also use it. So once again the number increases. Plus you know, no proven benefit..

The situation didn't at all. Half the world was saying it wasn't realistic to open for Easter.. He's a buffoon who lies and is completely incompetent at handling this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,266 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

This is the article.

Some doctors here were prescribing it to their friends and family and even themselves and hoarding it. I remember reading that a while ago. Very unethical

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-treatment-drug-hydroxychloroquine-doctor-prescription-family-friends/

https://www.propublica.org/article/doctors-are-hoarding-unproven-coronavirus-medicine-by-writing-prescriptions-for-themselves-and-their-families

Just to clarify, it's not just people with lupus who use it. Eg people with arthritis also use it. So once again the number increases. Plus you know, no proven benefit..

But that weakens your argument? If 2 million use it twice daily that's 4 million tablets per day = 1460 million tablets per year

If more than half the number of Covid patients have been prescribed it say 500k and they received 12 tablets total - Which is what's recommended = 6 million tablets

And if we scale that back for the two months it's been prescribed that means usual demand in the US is 243 million tablets

So overall there's been a 2.5% increase in demand for HCQ and that has meant no one can get their tablets? Makes no sense.

ceadaoin. wrote: »

Obviously you can't guard against that.

I think everyone is hoping this doesn't work solely because Trump championed it.
    There still would not be tens of thousands of doctors using it worldwide today, just because Trump said to do it.

Obviously you can't guard against that.

I think everyone is hoping this doesn't work solely because Trump championed it.
    There still would not be tens of thousands of doctors using it worldwide today, just because Trump said to do it.

Studies are now showing this treatment has no benefit with Coronavirus and can even cause worse side effects.

Why were people so quick to believe Trump on this? He's a demonstrable pathological liar.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Studies are now showing this treatment has no benefit with Coronavirus and can even cause worse side effects.

Why were people so quick to believe Trump on this? He's a demonstrable pathological liar.

Did he come up with the treatment himself or did someone with a medical/ science degree maybe even PhD tell him about it?
    What do you reckon
    Leo is a sociopath and a liar yet some people believe him.
    The minister of health thought this was the 19th version of the virus.
    Keep watching Trump though.
    You will get four more years of distraction come end of year

Dr Laura Ingraham told him about it iirc

• Advertisement

Did he come up with the treatment himself or did someone with a medical/ science degree maybe even PhD tell him about it?
    What do you reckon
    Leo is a sociopath and a liar yet some people believe him.

Would you even try to keep your argument on some level of reality.

According to Health.com, these are the traits of sociopaths.
    I think Donald fits the bill as I have outlined.
    • Lack of empathy - Interrupted a lady who was telling him about her family being killed, to ask how she had gotten the Nobel Prize
    • Difficult relationships - 2 Failed Marraiges, serial cheater
    • Manipulativeness - Currently trying to incite unrest in various states via 'Liberate' Tweets
    • Deceitfulness - Has lied over 12,000 times while in office
    • Callousness - Said that John McCain wasn't a war hero because he was captured.
    • Hostility - Threatened Iran with military action over the slightest reason
    • Irresponsibility - He literally said it himself he takes no responsibility for the US response.
    • Impulsivity - Ad hoc bans on various muslim countries
    • Risky behavior - Will not wear a mask, will still shake hands

I am sure you will not disagree that I could have chosen more than one example for each point.

Why don't you give comparable real world events that indicate Leo is more closely definable as a sociopath.

Advertisement