Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Did he come up with the treatment himself or did someone with a medical/ science degree maybe even PhD tell him about it?
    What do you reckon
    Leo is a sociopath and a liar yet some people believe him.

Good question. I don't know why he promoted it. He's nuts. Apparently he had a small personal financial interest but it doesn't seem enough of an interest to be the main reason behind why he has pushed it. He wanted to be some sort of miracle drug messaiah and thought that was the path? There was early anecdotal evidence so maybe he put all his eggs in one basket, hoping he'd come out on top. When he was confronted he said, "I'm a smart guy," I've been right a lot." Someone in Fox promoted it, as did their FDA, but I'm not sure who or where he got his lead from. He's known for watching Fox and running with their stories he watches. There was some French study on it, but I'm not sure whether Trump took it directly from that, or Fox "news" reporting on that study.

Why do you say Leo is a sociopath and a liar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Have a good evening gents. I'm done on this thread.
    This is just yet another trump bash fest.
    Bash on.

Gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Have a good evening gents. I'm done on this thread.
    This is just yet another trump bash fest.
    Bash on.

Gluck

True to form, can't take the heat, so get's out of the kitchen.

See you on the next thread where you try to fly his flag once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Studies are now showing this treatment has no benefit with Coronavirus and can even cause worse side effects.

Why were people so quick to believe Trump on this? He's a demonstrable pathological liar.

Show me the randomised control trial?

And you're saying the thousands of doctors using it now are all completely wrong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

jibber5000 wrote: »
    Show me the randomised control trial?

And you're saying the thousands of doctors using it now are all completely wrong?

I'm not just saying it- more qualified experts than me by far are saying that. Elon Musk has also promoted the treatment - doctors and others follow influential people. The office of the US President would hold a lot of influence. Simple as that.
    I'll show you that google has all that you could possibly need to read on various scientists and doctors and health authorities who have spoken out on this matter.
    "Thousands of doctors"- doubt that.

Here's the address: www.google.com

Show me the randomised control trial proving it works.

Dr Fauci, on Trump's own coronavirus task team, will not endorse it and has in fact said those studies are anecdotal and that there are no currently known effective treatments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Stateofyou wrote: »
    I'm not just saying it- more qualified experts than me by far are saying that. Elon Musk has also promoted the treatment - doctors and others follow influential people. The office of the US President would hold a lot of influence. Simple as that.
    I'll show you that google has all that you could possibly need to read on various scientists and doctors and health authorities who have spoken out on this matter.
    "Thousands of doctors"- doubt that.

Here's the address: www.google.com

Show me the randomised control trial proving it works.

Dr Fauci, on Trump's own coronavirus task team, will not endorse it and has in fact said those studies are anecdotal and that there are no currently known effective treatments.

So you think doctors forget about all their training and just follow Trump? A link with one doctor who has done this?

"Thousands of Doctors"
    Yes the Americn Thoracic Society, which the RCPI follows, convened a group of physicians, intensivists and academics from around the world to discuss potential treatments as we know there are NO RCT's at present. 75% of this group recommended using HCQ, 15% abstained and 10% did not recommend it.

3/4 recommnding it is pretty strong endorsement considering we don't have the evidence.

https://reachmd.com/programs/cme/covid-19-interim-guidance-management-pending-empirical-evidence-american-thoracic-society/11408/

If you came into hospital in Ireland you would be treated with Hcq and Azithromycin. Would you instruct your doctors not to use it and tell them it's because you don't like Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

January:
    200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47da5ebc983a27ed2d281af13be8621af5f5d32beb&rid=200w.webp

February:

March:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e478db419b80c11d476f6aca886653c10aa2e003475&rid=200w.webp

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47478eba12d8f496f1520b6e9f6279025f37fc1ffa&rid=200w.webp

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ff23b3a33863a1dc45b894fc5330bb5b6691ccb9&rid=200w.webp

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ff23b3a33863a1dc45b894fc5330bb5b6691ccb9&rid=200w.webp

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e474c6da0b5d4bd35c400e951b4acbc3be3600993ac&rid=200w.webp

Some out takes:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e474c6da0b5d4bd35c400e951b4acbc3be3600993ac&rid=200.webp

200.webp?cid=ecf05e478db419b80c11d476f6aca886653c10aa2e003475&rid=200.webp

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47df3e8343c65756770800b8db3669b6d8041c4e52&rid=200w.webp

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47602044dac227f5261546f04ed558c2cc8279f08e&rid=200w.webp

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e478db419b80c11d476f6aca886653c10aa2e003475&rid=200w.webp

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47478eba12d8f496f1520b6e9f6279025f37fc1ffa&rid=200w.webp

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47478eba12d8f496f1520b6e9f6279025f37fc1ffa&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Got a stimulus cheque?

Give it to your local Pastor.

Some people have no shame :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

What is it Trump should have done since January specifically? Is there a record of anyone saying that's what he should have done? (At that time)

Or is it just things that he's said. Has things he's said led to more deaths due to this virus, and if so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did he come up with the treatment himself or did someone with a medical/ science degree maybe even PhD tell him about it?
    What do you reckon
    Leo is a sociopath and a liar yet some people believe him.
    The minister of health thought this was the 19th version of the virus.
    Keep watching Trump though.
    You will get four more years of distraction come end of year

Leo is a sociopath :pac: you live in a fake reality that you've built for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Trumps most recent genuis idea to cure corona virus - Inject your lungs with disinfectant. Why didnt any of the international doctors and medical experts think of it?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-suggests-injection-disinfectant-beat-coronavirus-clean-lungs-n1191216?fbclid=IwAR3ZMRFGldOFEQhBNSdI_qS9HRj-C5RGZY1Lq9k7JtRKrCKJN0MXJ76096Y

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

2u2me wrote: »
    What is it Trump should have done since January specifically? Is there a record of anyone saying that's what he should have done? (At that time)

Or is it just things that he's said. Has things he's said led to more deaths due to this virus, and if so how?

If he was honest to the people of the USA ( and allowed them to follow clear guidance, they may have paid more attention, right now he is using every news report, to say how right he is and is not given any meaningful leadership at all, although his team are.

Now in answer to your question (in Bold) 2 nights ago a journalist asked him that question, Trump shut it down, from Trump saying that "I'm loved and that is the reason, I'm here as president). The general question from the journalist was does he feel responsible for not taking the virus seriously in February, that a whole family became ill, by following his guidance" in generally that was the question, but you can check it out if you wish, it's on his life feed and mentioned through other media outlets

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

On a last note, I missed Trumps speech tonight, and he is suggesting, using things that he heard, heat and light to reduce the virus, and fair enough think this way within in meetings brainstorming, but don't do it when you are doing a press conference, it undermines the whole point of a press conference (particularly at this time) He also throw out there injecting disinfected as a possible cure, he did mention he wasn't a doctor ( and I'm not a doctor but I find it out outrageous that, that was suggested, now some of the population will think that injecting Detol or Bleach will cure them of Co-Vid) he needs to be clearer in what he is saying to the american people, he needs to lead. But I'm afraid he dosn't seem to be able to do that. The american people of the United States of America, need some one who will give them clear instruction in how to deal with this virus, not someone who spitballs half backed and spit ball ideas, on the off chance he is right. and he gets credited for it. Cause right now Trump is trying to write History to say that he (trump) defeated Co-Vid 19. Which simply isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

^^^^^^

Watch this.
    Yet another video that is genuinely OMG for anyone interested in current affairs. This is f*cking crazy!

This second video could be the trailer for a film on the pandemic, except, its real life. The president of the US said this today , and one of the Dr's on his staff had this response while he was doing so.

https://twitter.com/NC5PhilWilliams/status/1253487743046385670?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭threeball

Beholders wrote: »
    On a last note, I missed Trumps speech tonight, and he is suggesting, using things that he heard, heat and light to reduce the virus, and fair enough think this way within in meetings brainstorming, but don't do it when you are doing a press conference, it undermines the whole point of a press conference (particularly at this time) He also throw out there injecting disinfected as a possible cure, he did mention he wasn't a doctor ( and I'm not a doctor but I find it out outrageous that, that was suggested, now some of the population will think that injecting Detol or Bleach will cure them of Co-Vid) he needs to be clearer in what he is saying to the american people, he needs to lead. But I'm afraid he dosn't seem to be able to do that. The american people of the United States of America, need some one who will give them clear instruction in how to deal with this virus, not someone who spitballs half backed and spit ball ideas, on the off chance he is right. and he gets credited for it. Cause right now Trump is trying to write History to say that he (trump) defeated Co-Vid 19. Which simply isn't true.

His brain is like a leaky washing machine. Hes involved in meetings and this information is given to him. It churns around in his limited brain and he starts to spit out his version of what he just heard and it continues to spit out until his limited brain has to make way for another load of information and we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

^^^^^^

Watch this.
    Yet another video that is genuinely OMG for anyone interested in current affairs. This is f*cking crazy!

This second video could be the trailer for a film on the pandemic, except, its real life. The president of the US said this today , and one of the Dr's on his staff had this response while he was doing so.
    https://twitter.com/NC5PhilWilliams/status/1253487743046385670?s=19

The Second video is great and betrays what they really think of him.

She must be thinking now that she will have no credibility left if she stays after his latest suggestion.

He put her on the spot last night and she's now caught between saving her job or saving her credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

For him to be mulling over the idea of injecting disinfectant during the actual press conference is bizarre.

It really suggests that these things aren't prepped at all, no clear idea of 'these are the 3 key points we need to get across and this is how we will do it and who will say what'.

But maybe it is just impossible to keep him on track and stop his weird rambles and ponderings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,775 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

osarusan wrote: »
    For him to be mulling over the idea of injecting disinfectant during the actual press conference is bizarre.

It really suggests that these things aren't prepped at all, no clear idea of 'these are the 3 key points we need to get across and this is how we will do it and who will say what'.

But maybe it is just impossible to keep him on track and stop his weird rambles and ponderings.
    How long before the first death by some eejit trying this?
    People already gargle bleach to "cure" autism ffs!

If enough Trump supporters inject themselves with bleach the collective IQ of the states will go up 50pts.

The Second video is great and betrays what they really think of him.

She must be thinking now that she will have no credibility left if she stays after his latest suggestion.

He put her on the spot last night and she's now caught between saving her job or saving her credibility.

No chance they walk out. They're like the co-pilots on the nipponair plane that crashed in the 90s. They knew they were going to crash but none could bring themselves to question his authority out of deference.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,105 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He has gone from telling people to take an unproven lethal drug to telling them go on Sunbeds and inject yourself with bleach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

I think he misspoke. By disinfectant he actually meant a magic cure that only he was smart enough to come up with and needs to be injected into the lungs. All this is out of context.

Yeah I really have no idea how you spin this into anything. Even with misspeaking it is so bad it should have been immediately corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,105 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Christy42 wrote: »
    I think he misspoke. By disinfectant he actually meant a magic cure that only he was smart enough to come up with and needs to be injected into the lungs. All this is out of context.

Yeah I really have no idea how you spin this into anything. Even with misspeaking it is so bad it should have been immediately corrected.

No he didn't.

He had just watched a "presentation" about what disinfectant does to the virus on surfaces, his "genius brain" then decided live to the American people that injecting your lungs with disinfectant would do the same thing.

The man is an absolute dangerous lying imbecile and a grave mistake the America people have to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Christy42 wrote: »

I hear he has been touch with J.K Rowling to see if she can put him in touch with the nurses from Hogwarts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

EWN2UcoXQAAKqIw?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

EWPZ3OFXsAcuizY?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,775 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

EWPZ3OFXsAcuizY?format=jpg&name=small
    He avoided the draft 5 times....once for having "bad feet"...

Advertisement