Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,543 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Boggles wrote: »
    He has gone from telling people to take an unproven lethal drug to telling them go on Sunbeds and inject yourself with bleach.

Bleach is tremendous medicine. Bleach and sunbeds. When you have an uncle who was in MIT you know these things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Christy42 wrote: »
    I think he misspoke. By disinfectant he actually meant a magic cure that only he was smart enough to come up with and needs to be injected into the lungs. All this is out of context.

Yeah I really have no idea how you spin this into anything. Even with misspeaking it is so bad it should have been immediately corrected.

They could go with the "he's just being positive" , America's cheerleader thing. With a sprinkling of well Nancy pelosi was in ChYyyynatown.

They are really struggling with the live conferences and people watching them in their entirety. As it would be great to use the "MSM have just taken him out of context" with here's a tweet from twitter user "Jimmy Jim text TRUMP to 54656" to explain where the lamestream media are lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tonight he'll probably suggest intravenous use of Capri Sun will counteract the symptoms Covid 19.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

510737.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,543 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Christy42 wrote: »
    I think he misspoke. By disinfectant he actually meant a magic cure that only he was smart enough to come up with and needs to be injected into the lungs. All this is out of context.

Yeah I really have no idea how you spin this into anything. Even with misspeaking it is so bad it should have been immediately corrected.

You don't even need bleach or disinfectant. Seawater does the same thing. It's a tremendous cure. It is a scientific fact that if you give the lungs a good rinse with seawater, preferably by immersion for about 10-15 mins, that you won't die from corona virus. It's the salt or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

You don't even need bleach or disinfectant. Seawater does the same thing. It's a tremendous cure. It is a scientific fact that if you give the lungs a good rinse with seawater, preferably by immersion for about 10-15 mins, that you won't die from corona virus. It's the salt or something.

Saline waterboarding sounds like the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,775 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

threeball wrote: »
    Saline waterboarding sounds like the way to go.
    It might kill you but your sinuses will be tip top!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Nobody is shocked anymore. Trump could come out saying the moon landings were faked or the earth is flat at this point and his supporters will believe and defend him.

Having said that China is still being let off the hook by Europe and parties like the Anti Austerity Alliance and PBP supporters are defending them.

Its looking like Europe will have to put our differences aside and be the leader of the “free world”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

i dont believe the whole injecting yourself with TCP thing, sounds like quack science to me......
    On the other hand bringing the UV light inside the body could be done by sticking a light bulb up ones anus for a series of 5 minute phototherapy sessions. Might be interesting I will put myself forward for trials:cool:

• Advertisement

i dont believe the whole injecting yourself with TCP thing, sounds like quack science to me......
    On the other hand bringing the UV light inside the body could be done by sticking a light bulb up ones anus for a series of 5 minute phototherapy sessions. Might be interesting I will put myself forward for trials:cool:

Everyone should have a little bit of Trumps orangeness inside them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Boggles wrote: »
    No he didn't.

He had just watched a "presentation" about what disinfectant does to the virus on surfaces, his "genius brain" then decided live to the American people that injecting your lungs with disinfectant would do the same thing.

The man is an absolute dangerous lying imbecile and a grave mistake the America people have to fix.

Did you not read anything but the first sentence of the post you quoted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I have a handy 16" UV-C wand that destorys 99% of germs, viruses, dust mites and bacteria in 5-10seconds.
    The 5w of simple AA powered light wavelengh is ideal for keyboards and mouse mats, perfect for smelly boots too.

However there is zero chance on earth, that this will be be inserted anywhere internally.

On the other hand heading out now to catch some peak natural vitD from the sunlight, to boost immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Having said that China is still being let off the hook by Europe and parties like the Anti Austerity Alliance and PBP supporters are defending them.

Solidarity/PBP regard China as a 'capitalist regime' and were supportive of the Hong Kong protests last year. Have you any sources for the claim that they're 'defending' China?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

We’ve reached a new level of bonkers. Has he lost his mind or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Expect an uptick in deaths from a few red hat wearing AR15 toting clowns who will inject them selves with disinfectant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

is that a panic attach? i'd love to see her heart activity as he was talking

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

At some point the adults in the room have to step up and say stop. The claim of "I was just doing my job" is not sufficient.

Sure, she may lose her job, but she took the oath to protect her patients, and her current role effectively makes everyone in the US her patient.

At what point does her just sitting there, when she knows that this is wrong, not a wrong in itself?

• Advertisement

She looks like she's about to throw up.

Then stand up and say it. Shes only supporting him by sitting there in silence. Stand up, call him out and say you can't work with this level of incompetence any more. But no, sit there and give the odd polite nod. Both Fauci and Birx should walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This reminds me of bill burrs steve jobs joke

"i think light and bleach will cure Covid 19" trump points to room full of scientists "get onnnnn it"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Anyone defending this from this point on really does not deserve to be listened to

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

At the start I was sympathetic to the view that they were better inside trying to make a difference rather than stand up for what was right.

But as he has he has continued to throw out these falsehoods and dangerous misinformation, I have come to the conclusion that whilst it may have made sense at the start it is now clear that nothing they are doing is going to make a difference. They can continue to pretend that working in the background they can overcome these dangers but at this point I am of the view that, for example, her jumping up and screaming

"Stop, for the love of God, stop. You have no clue what you are talking about. I took this job to help the nation and you are going out of your way to make it harder. Get off the stage, you are making things worse. 50,000 people have died and you are talking this rubbish. I will always respect the office of POTUS, but you sir are an active danger to the people of this country."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They need to find a way to sideline him somehow. I thought he hated press conferences? Can they not distract by telling him to go have a campaign rally on zoom or someting?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

Possibly the stupidest thing I've read on RTE ever: Do we really need this sort of "advice"?

The company that makes Dettol has urged people not to try injecting disinfectants as a way of treating Covid-19 after Donald Trump said "it would be interesting to check that".

During his latest press conference, the US president noted that researchers were looking at the effects of disinfectants on the virus and wondered aloud if they could be injected into people, saying the virus "does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that".

Anyone else see anything stupid during corona virus lockdown? Maybe something that can give everyone a laugh?

MadYaker wrote: »
    They need to find a way to sideline him somehow. I thought he hated press conferences? Can they not distract by telling him to go have a campaign rally on zoom or someting?

Thats the problem. These are his campaign rallies in the absence of mass gatherings. Trump could probably shoot someone on the podium tonight, look up and call it fake news and he'd still have 70million people who'd back him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭con747

Just about everything that comes out of Trumps mouth makes you laugh or cringe.:rolleyes:

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I can't believe that guy is allowed to stand in front of a nation and speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

The President of the United States giving this advice was stupid.

A major manufacturer of a disinfectant coming out immediately to publicly tell people not to do so certainly is not stupid. It is responsible behavior which should be applauded.

Advertisement