Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Wheety wrote: »
    Last time Trump suggested something people tried it with serious consequences.

Some people might think that the President of the United States knows what he's talking about and attempt to try this so Dettol coming out with this warning is not stupid.

Absolutely. When he was plugging hydroxychloroquine, a man died and his wife became critically ill and was hospitalized after consuming fish tank cleaner with a similar ingredient. She was later interviewed and confirmed Trump's words were influential in them taking it.

From https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/us/chloroquine-poisoning-coronavirus.html:
    NBC: Did you see the President's press conference? Where did you hear about--

Patient: Yeah. Yeah, we saw his press conference. It was on a lot, actually.

NBC: And then did you did you seek out Chloroquine?

Patient: I had it in the house because I used to have koi fish.

Just think how many more people have Dettol on hand.

Actually - I've now just seen this, which is even more alarming: A bleach manufacturer actually wrote to Trump plugging this imbecility! I'm actually gobsmacked.
    Grenon styles himself as “archbishop” of Genesis II – a Florida-based outfit that claims to be a church but which in fact is the largest producer and distributor of chlorine dioxide bleach as a “miracle cure” in the US. He brands the chemical as MMS, “miracle mineral solution”, and claims fraudulently that it can cure 99% of all illnesses including cancer, malaria, HIV/Aids as well as autism.

Since the start of the pandemic, Genesis II has been marketing MMS as a cure to coronavirus. It advises users, including children, to mix three to six drops of bleach in water and drink it.

In his weekly televised radio show, posted online on Sunday, Grenon read out the letter he wrote to Trump. He said it began: “Dear Mr President, I am praying you read this letter and intervene.”

More details here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-leader-group-peddling-bleach-cure-lobbied-trump-coronavirus

So even more important for doctors and scientists to get out ahead of this.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Yeah I really have no idea how you spin this into anything. Even with misspeaking it is so bad it should have been immediately corrected.
    hetuzozaho wrote: »
    They could go with the "he's just being positive" , America's cheerleader thing. With a sprinkling of well Nancy pelosi was in ChYyyynatown.

They are really struggling with the live conferences and people watching them in their entirety. As it would be great to use the "MSM have just taken him out of context" with here's a tweet from twitter user "Jimmy Jim text TRUMP to 54656" to explain where the lamestream media are lying.

Well here's your answer: Apparently he was just being sarcastic to test the media. pic.twitter.com/feUu3T7d62

EWYvzucXQAEOm0K?format=png&name=4096x4096

And yet in today's same Oval Office meeting he also said:

“Sun and heat, and humidity wipe it out. And this is from tests - they’ve been doing these tests for ... a number of months. And the result - so then I said, ?Well, how do we do it inside the body or even outside the body with the hands and disinfectant I think would work.’”

it would make you cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I just PM them a photo of me knob.

Nobody wants to see your knob Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

US Navy recommends reinstatement of fired captain
    Navy recommends reinstating fired captain

Officials with the US Navy recommended the reinstatement of the commander of the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt.

Roosevelt was fired after he pleaded for help with a coronavirus outbreak onboard. Reuters reports the officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the recommendation to reinstate Captain Brett Crozier was made during a meeting on between Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Navy leaders.

The decision is still pending Esper’s approval.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/apr/24/coronavirus-us-live-news-trump-cuomo-georgia-cases-latest

Another blow coming to the Trump administration's credibility

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

radia wrote: »
    Well here's your answer: Apparently he was just being sarcastic to test the media. pic.twitter.com/feUu3T7d62

EWYvzucXQAEOm0K?format=png&name=4096x4096

And yet in today's same Oval Office meeting he also said:

“Sun and heat, and humidity wipe it out. And this is from tests - they’ve been doing these tests for ... a number of months. And the result - so then I said, ?Well, how do we do it inside the body or even outside the body with the hands and disinfectant I think would work.’”

it would make you cry.

That back and forth is gas to read!!

That's whetting my appetite for tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

In debt to China. In debt to the Russians. Is there anyone hes not compromised by in order to keep his billionaire illusion going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its his lack of vocabulary that i find galling, he speaks like a teenager sometimes just winging it...all those advisors must be cringing anytime he takes the podium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

fryup wrote: »
    its his lack of vocabulary that i find galling, he speaks like a teenager sometimes just winging it...all those advisors must be cringing anytime he takes the podium

Yeah, my thoughts too. Never knowing if and when he's going to just go off on some weird tangent, start rambling about stuff that just came into his head.

It's like a light came on in his head, 'If this works outside the body, I wonder if it can work inside the body' and immediately blurts it out, reagardless of where he is and who is listening.

Your insulting teenagers, his use of language is shocking. I can't think of a worse speaker. He's funny though.

Got to go, he's on.

osarusan wrote: »
    Yeah, my thoughts too. Never knowing if and when he's going to just go off on some weird tangent, start rambling about stuff that just came into his head.

It's like a light came on in his head, 'If this works outside the body, I wonder if it can work inside the body' and immediately blurts it out, reagardless of where he is and who is listening.

I read an article that speculated that he may have adult ADHD. Apparently he has a very short attention span and throw in the mood swings, impatience and outbursts, it's a possibility. Not being able to stay on message could be due to his brain not being able to process information in this way. We'll never know because he's too narcissistic to ever consider that he may have a mental health disorder.

We'll never know because he's too narcissistic to ever consider that he may have a mental health disorder.

and that in itself is a mental disorder

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I have some Cillit Bang here. Should I drink it neat or is it better to use a mixer?

Mr President - when i use a sunbed should i spread my buttcheeks so the uv rays go inside me?

I have some Cillit Bang here. Should I drink it neat or is it better to use a mixer?

I didn't know what that was so googled it. You gave me a laugh:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Look back at old video of him. He speaks like an adult even if his thoughts are low grade. Love to know if the change is something he realised worked for his prospects, a better connection with what became his core vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

Better if taken with a 12 pack of hydroxychloroquine in very bright sunlight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

BANG! and the virus is gone

• Advertisement

Look back at old video of him. He speaks like an adult even if his thoughts are low grade. Love to know if the change is something he realised worked for his prospects, a better connection with what became his core vote.

His ramblings are something else but he's sharp when he needs to respond. He knows the price of oil.

I take back what I said, that's a dissapointment. No questions tonight, he's rattled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

He has just run away from normal questiontime .......

Giant orange chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

What the hell? He just legged it, the Bleach controversy must have hurt his feelings!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Cluck cluck cluck

Apparently he tried to have the CNN correspondents moved from the front row to the back. Pathetic.

not answering questions tonight, his advisors probably told him not too...best not to dig a deeper hole

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Whatever about Trump I actually am dumb founded with Mike Pence who comes across as very articulate. Why he isn't able to influence Trump to stop him from this car crash tv, from purely a Republican party politics point of view is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Apparently he tried to have the CNN correspondents moved from the front row to the back. Pathetic.

He spends his day "Hate watching" CNN....

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/andymcgeady/status/1253760632014409728?s=19

On the rocks!

Advertisement