Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

510835.jpeg

PMSL. On Twitter it’s claimed by a nurse that a patient doused his whole body in bleach apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Didn’t someone die after his hydroxychloroquine comments? Wouldn’t be surprised if a few more idiots die after injecting disinfectant.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

MadYaker wrote: »
    Didn’t someone die after his hydroxychloroquine comments? Wouldn’t be surprised if a few more idiots die after injecting disinfectant.

https://twitter.com/lvrn1313/status/1253820244365176832?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CsDwh6J.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    no, hes just thick as fcuk

He does say the most stupid things, but I think other western leader's statements "Masks are not useful in stopping the spread of the Corona virus" is far more damaging then Trump's earlier text. I would be surprised if anyone took that literally and injected bleach into themselves.
    "Is there a way we can do something like that?"
    is a big difference to
    "Is there a way we can do that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,815 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Akrasia wrote: »
    By November Biden will be the next Hitler to anyone who reads breitbart or watches Fox News or listens to conservative talk radio

You mean they'll admire him? :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Trump fans explaining what Trump meant:

giphy.gif

To be fair, an hour a night of bluff and mistruths has been tough for them to keep up with. He's taking some time away from the pandemic now by the looks of it, will give them some much needed respite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Both sides love to fling sh!t at each other look what they tried to do Bret Kavanaugh and all the allegations that have been thrown at Donald. It's nothing new but we can't act like only one side is engaging in the sh!t throwing.

You mean look what Brett Kavanaugh did to himself. He doesn't belong anywhere in the point you're trying to make. Dr. Blasey Ford (a professor of Psychology and researcher at Stanford School of Medicine) was not some sleeper troll activated by Democrats to bring him down. There were also accusations by others against him. Trump also brings it upon himself and the criticism he gets in return is more than justified. We all heard for ourselves what he said on tape. We heard from young girls at a Miss Teen pageant saying that he just walked into their dressing room while some were at various stages of dress. Which matches perfectly what Trump himself said he feels he has the right to do. Please.

"Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it. You know, I'm inspecting, I want to make sure that everything is good.

You know, the dresses. ‘Is everyone okay?’ You know, they're standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Stateofyou wrote: »
    "Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it. You know, I'm inspecting, I want to make sure that everything is good.

zqVBn9Ih.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

here, watch this :p

RasTa wrote: »

There's a lot of idiots out there. Why did the US elect one as president.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

MSM in the States not so bothered when it's liberal states flouting the rules:

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1253873166499250177

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

fryup wrote: »
    here, watch this :p

Not sure what that's supposed to prove?

There was nothing wrong with Trump's question. The conversation was about the disinfectant qualities of UV light, not bleach, and the Healight does exactly what Trump asked would be possible. So his question was astute.

But sure if you want to debate via short video clips, no bother:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Its most defiantly a suicide and using what happened as a political point scoring is disgusting.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Its most defiantly a suicide and using what happened as a political point scoring is disgusting.

“ Wanda told NBC that she and her husband took a teaspoon of fish tank cleaner - that they kept in the house to treat their koi fish - mixing it with soda, hoping it would protect them from contracting the coronavirus.”

Sounds like they wanted to live

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

Scenes in florida of people trying to register for unemployment like something you'd see in India or Africa. People literally jumping over one another to get a slip of paper. This crisis has really exposed the US as a bit of a sham. Tons of money to spend on military and tourist attractions but not a penny spent on having any back ups in place.

No one to blame but themselves and nothing will change afterwards either. Their days as the number one superpower are numbered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

There was nothing wrong with Trump's question. The conversation was about the disinfectant qualities of UV light, not bleach, and the Healight does exactly what Trump asked would be possible. So his question was astute.

Why was it sarcastic and why ask journalists when he had doctors there with him?

If there was really nothing wrong why did he change his story and then run away from questions last night?

• Advertisement

A quick google of "california beaches" proves you're full of **** in under 10 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 55,603 ✭✭✭✭walshb

threeball wrote: »
    Scenes in florida of people trying to register for unemployment like something you'd see in India or Africa. People literally jumping over one another to get a slip of paper. This crisis has really exposed the US as a bit of a sham. Tons of money to spend on military and tourist attractions but not a penny spent on having any back ups in place.

No one to blame but themselves and nothing will change afterwards either. Their days as the number one superpower are numbered.

Read today how if you dig beneath the topsoil in America, and what you find is not shared values and culture, but a callow scramble for money and wealth...

Really being highlighted. These people in power really have no interest in the good in society, and community spirit and community and human goodness and decency; it all seems to be about take take take, and screw whomever is in the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,603 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Why was it sarcastic and why ask journalists when he had doctors there with him?

If there was really nothing wrong why did he change his story and then run away from questions last night?

Waste time asking Pete this. Trump can do no wrong in his eyes..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I didn't know California was 100% liberal Democrat. We learn something every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

There was nothing wrong with Donald Trump's question if he was Donald from Cabra phoning Joe Duffy and rambling on about some notion he took in the pub on Friday night after 10 pints. If it was your mad uncle Donald droning on at a table at a wedding with everyone rolling their eyes, then it would be OK.

The fact that this is Donald Trump, the President of the United States, at a presidential press conference means there is something very wrong with it.

Perhaps we need to send lend the Americans the term GUBU (grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre and unprecedented).

There's no point in defending the indefensible. It was an absolutely barking mad statement to make. I mean, SNL satirical sketches couldn't make this stuff up.

This stuff is bad for the USA. It's bad for the Office of President of the USA. It's terrible for the Republican Party and it's extremely bad for the state of US politics and trust in politics generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Leroy42 wrote: »

I'd be far more of a Trump supporter than most on here and defended him to the last on the HCQ advice.

But there's zero defending this. While I could give him a bit of break for the clumsy nature of what he said, having had 24 hours all he could come up with was the sarcastic defence. Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And let us remember, POTUS has access to the best experts in the country.

So if he is left asking these types of questions it means the US hasn't a scooby do how to deal with this.

That should terrify every American

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

How do you find these YouTube channels. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

He clearly misspoke. Pressers are long. It happens.

Yes, s**t happens, especially when one loves the sound of one's own voice, when one prefers to talk than to listen, prefers not to listen to people who know what they are talking about, and prefers to use a global catastrophe as an election platform than to let the experts deal with it, challenges the authority of state governors, and when called out on his disregard of the Constitution, ( understandable since he's never read it,) incites people to challenge said governors by breaking the law.
    He misspoke to millions on one of the greatest catastrophes in modern history. That clearly makes him an idiot or a liar, possibly both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

The man is clearly insane and to his supporters theres not much point arguing with them anymore, if they want to inject themselves with bleach or do whatever on their cult leader's say so then just let them off.

Advertisement