Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Could you imagine if Obama came out and said what Trump said re disinfectant.

Could you imagine what the the GOP/Fox News etc would do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

When you're explaining you're losing.

Never seen him justify his comments before. I think he knows he just jumped the shark.

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The Democrats are a hoax? What does that even mean?

Anyway, go on, what does he say they lied about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

MSM in the States not so bothered when it's liberal states flouting the rules:

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1253873166499250177

Uh, there's not a lot "liberal" about Orange County.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not much point in his advisers pulling him away from daily briefings if he's still allowed to talk shït on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Why does he have "Miracle" in inverted commas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,266 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

MSM in the States not so bothered when it's liberal states flouting the rules:

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1253873166499250177

Its ****ing hot. 27 degrees already where I am at 11am. This heatwave is also happening in California. People are going to go to the beach no matter their political persuasion. If they keep their distance from others what is the problem? Why does everything have to be about politics? Its just people going to the beach to cool off. I'm not sure if the beaches in California were ever closed so are they breaking the rules? people there have done a good job of reducing the spread over the past month of lockdown, the r0 is now below 1. Let them go to the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Why does he have "Miracle" in inverted commas?

Yes, it's all a bit like the gospel on Sunday. "My dear brethren, the Great One moves and speaks in mysterious ways, but since you're too dumb to understand I, as the representative of his terrestrial vicar Fox News, am going to explain it to you."

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Its ****ing hot. 27 degrees already where I am at 11am. This heatwave is also happening in California. People are going to go to the beach no matter their political persuasion. If they keep their distance from others what is the problem? Why does everything have to be about politics? Its just people going to the beach to cool off. I'm not sure if the beaches in California were ever closed so are they breaking the rules? people there have done a good job of reducing the spread over the past month of lockdown, the r0 is now below 1. Let them go to the beach.

Can't have it both ways.

You say people have done a good job but then say it's ok they do not such a good job now.

This all ends a lot quicker by following the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Could you imagine if Obama came out and said what Trump said re disinfectant.

Could you imagine what the the GOP/Fox News etc would do?

They'd have said "Wow. This Obama guy is coooool. What a massive brain he has". Obviously!

It's a moot point as we all know that the Kenyan wouldn't have had the ability to come up with such a tremendous genius plan

Can't have it both ways.

You say people have done a good job but then say it's ok they do not such a good job now.

In the states they like to pick and choose when they should be in lockdown. Pissin rain, thats ok I'm staying in. Good weather, Fcuk that I'm going boating. I'm going to socially distance in my boat, at the bait shop and in the bar on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Xertz wrote: »
    There was nothing wrong with Donald Trump's question if he was Donald from Cabra phoning Joe Duffy and rambling on about some notion he took in the pub on Friday night after 10 pints. If it was your mad uncle Donald droning on at a table at a wedding with everyone rolling their eyes, then it would be OK.

The fact that this is Donald Trump, the President of the United States, at a presidential press conference means there is something very wrong with it.

Perhaps we need to send lend the Americans the term GUBU (grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre and unprecedented).

There's no point in defending the indefensible. It was an absolutely barking mad statement to make. I mean, SNL satirical sketches couldn't make this stuff up.

This stuff is bad for the USA. It's bad for the Office of President of the USA. It's terrible for the Republican Party and it's extremely bad for the state of US politics and trust in politics generally.

I would consider myself to be of very average intelligence. The scary thing is though, I'm smarter than the president of the United States....

Can't have it both ways.

Celebrating the good job done.

lhYqu1U.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

instead of making it worse for himself by saying he was being "sarcastic"...why couldn't he just put his hands up and say he got it wrong and misunderstood the science briefing he had just before that press conference.....people would have said OK fair enough he's not qualified to understand....but by saying he was being sarcastic to the press reporters he's digging a deeper hole for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

fryup wrote: »
    instead of making it worse for himself by saying he was being "sarcastic"...why couldn't he just put his hands up and say he got it wrong and misunderstood the science briefing he had just before that press conference.....people would have said OK fair enough he's not qualified to understand....but by saying he was being sarcastic to the press reporters he's digging a deeper hole for himself

Because then he would have to admit that he was wrong and that's not something he would be willing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

There’s no digging yourself out of that hole. It’s just gonna be laughing stock stuff for years.

Looks like he's taken his football and gone home anyway :p

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254168730898173953

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shame... Will have to find a new comedy show to watch every night now.

• Advertisement

Shame... Will have to find a new comedy show to watch every night now.

https://twitter.com/skolanach/status/1254061020940660736

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Because then he would have to admit that he was wrong and that's not something he would be willing to do.

True. No one knows more about Covid 19 cures than him so to to admit wrong just doesn’t happen with his vote base.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

His running away on Friday, and now his questioning of the point of any press briefing is quite the turn around.

Only a while ago he was touting how incredible the ratings were and everyone agreed that they were the lockdown version of his rallies.

So, and man driven by popularity has had to admit that he is doing so bad at this that removing himself from the spotlight is the best course of action for himself.

That is a serious scalp for the press Corp, although of course he did it himself, but despite having all the power and control he has to run away.

This must be galling to all his supporters he believed he would stand up for them but turns out the man is too weak to even stand up for himself.

So he has run away to gave a little cry and fire off some 'comebacks' safely tucked away so nobody can challenge him.

It a classic example of a bully that realises that people are no longer scared of them but are laughing at them instead

1000 cadets being brought back so Trump can give a speech :rolleyes:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8257711/West-Point-says-1-000-cadets-fly-Trumps-June-13-commencement-speech.html

How about he shows leadership and delays the commencement speech

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The poor baby!

27651004-8257283-_Was_just_informed_that_the_Fake_News_from_the_Thursday_White_Ho-a-13_1587867785892.jpg

This is a blatant lie!

27651002-8257283-Multiple_outlets_shared_video_of_the_exchange_between_President_-a-19_1587867789327.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

There was nothing wrong with Trump's question. The conversation was about the disinfectant qualities of UV light, not bleach, and the Healight does exactly what Trump asked would be possible. So his question was astute.

But sure if you want to debate via short video clips, no bother:

its kinda suspicious that that video is uploaded on to youtube the very day after Trump made those inane remarks hmmmmmmmm i wonder did Donald or his aides have anything to do with it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Polar101

fryup wrote: »
    instead of making it worse for himself by saying he was being "sarcastic"...why couldn't he just put his hands up and say he got it wrong

"I think apologizing's a great thing, but you have to be wrong. I will absolutely apologize, sometime in the hopefully distant future, if I'm ever wrong."
    -Donald Trump

• Advertisement

Watching Cuomo's live press conference. What a fxxking difference to Trump.

Amazing what an articulate, humble message he gives compared to Trump.

Advertisement