Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Speaking of which, I see you know who is using the Coronavirus as a political tool and pushing the false narrative that Trump doesn't listen to experts.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1258763760413683714

Dr. Fauci made it quite clear that Trump always took his recommendations:

Dr. Birx backs that up:

Shame Fauci doesn't take orders himself:

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backed-controversial-wuhan-lab-millions-us-dollars-risky-coronavirus-research-1500741?fbclid=IwAR16iugvOCpG4DyXMKuBO3WYHxBuIITn4EOku-lT65mHVBSz02hBzl-jTiQ

• Registered Users Posts: 19,556 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That's exactly the kind of thing that the Kenyan would say!
    Oh ffs here we go again with this cràp :rolleyes:
    ChikiChiki wrote: »
    What does Obamas Kenyan heritage have to do with anything?

Bizarre comment Tbh.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/cb6183f2a29d779f34e8bb25ed231156/tenor.gif?itemid=14391548

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    birther11.jpg :pac: Do you have the other 10?

They're on Hilary's email server obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Speaking of which, I see you know who is using the Coronavirus as a political tool and pushing the false narrative that Trump doesn't listen to experts.

Are you saying Trumps performance in dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic should not be considered by the electorate when the time comes to vote in November?

If not, why not?
    Be specific please.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Ffs. Where have you been? Flattening the curve means spreading out the rate of infection so that everyone doesn't get infected at once and that hospitals don't get overwhelmed. That's pretty much the entire reason for it.

Anyway, I'm off out to buy some paint and do a bit of shopping, while wearing my mask of course. Probably go for a swim after that and enjoy the sunshine.. Enjoy your day of angrily ranting about America ðŸ‘

Eeeeeeewww.....nice tantrum.

Just read that a Smithfield Georgia meat-packing plant has offered a $500 "responsibility bonus" to those who don't miss a shift. The place is rife with infection.

"We're America and we do things the best and bigly. Never mind that we have no social protections and our prez is a fcuking liar. We are just better even though our responses to crises are sh!t"

Enjoy the beach, pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Are you saying Trumps performance in dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic should not be considered by the electorate when the time comes to vote in November?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

US death toll is now increasing by 10,000 every 4 days.

*Time to open up* :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Christy42

US death toll is now increasing by 10,000 every 4 days.

*Time to open up* :eek:

They have had under 9000 in the last 4 days?

I mean still high but curious where you are getting those numbers from.

Worldometers

1 : Feb 29
    10,000: Apr 4
    20,000: Apr 10
    30,000: Apr 14
    40,000: Apr 19
    50,000: Apr 23
    60,000: Apr 29
    70,000: May 5 (Tuesday)
    80,000: May 9

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

Christy42 wrote: »
    They have had under 9000 in the last 4 days?

I mean still high but curious where you are getting those numbers from.

They've been consistently adding 25k cases per day now for the guts of a month. Now either thats the limit of their testing or they're playing with numbers because the consistency of cases rates is implausible. When you start questioning the cases then you have to question the deaths. Theres states that want to open up and want to see Trump re-elected. Are those states being open and honest. Florida was already found trying to repress the number of deaths being reported.

Plus all deaths reported are hospital deaths. In other countries deaths outside hospitals have been as much as 50%. That would put the US at 120k dead as of now. Will we ever know the true figure.

• Advertisement

Get back to the meat packing plants you scum!!

UN calls for a cessation of global hostilities in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.

United States vetoes the motion.

Stay classy, America.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No.

So, you are saying that Trumps performance throughout the Pandemic should not be a factor when people vote for their next President?

Two things I can take from that

A - You obviously finally recognize he has done a terrible job in that respect.
    B - You are living in make believe land if you think that how they perform during the biggest crisis of their Presidency should not be judged.

I asked already and you declined to answer but I think it's important that you explain yourself or else it just confirms you never have been looking at him objectively, Why should they not judge him on how he has performed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Eeeeeeewww.....nice tantrum.

Just read that a Smithfield Georgia meat-packing plant has offered a $500 "responsibility bonus" to those who don't miss a shift. The place is rife with infection.

"We're America and we do things the best and bigly. Never mind that we have no social protections and our prez is a fcuking liar. We are just better even though our responses to crises are sh!t"

Enjoy the beach, pal.

No beach. Swimming pool in the back garden. Its a godsend and great for the aul social distancing. And tbh its more lounging than swimming lol.

Not sure what all the rest of your post has to do with anything I said. We all know that flattening the curve is so that the hospitals don't get overwhelmed. Thats literally the point. You said it wasn't, I posted evidence to the contrary. But sure just ignore that and post something about meat plants.

threeball wrote: »
    They've been consistently adding 25k cases per day now for the guts of a month. Now either thats the limit of their testing or they're playing with numbers because the consistency of cases rates is implausible. When you start questioning the cases then you have to question the deaths. Theres states that want to open up and want to see Trump re-elected. Are those states being open and honest. Florida was already found trying to repress the number of deaths being reported.

Plus all deaths reported are hospital deaths. In other countries deaths outside hospitals have been as much as 50%. That would put the US at 120k dead as of now. Will we ever know the true figure.

My state wants to open up, and started to do so today, and definitely doesn't want to see Trump reelected. It is a blue state. Not that it should matter. Its not one or the other. I'd rather it not be based in politics and more about the actual figures for that state, which thankfully is the case mostly. Do you really think a state of over 3 million people should remain closed because of 300 deaths? 87% of those diagnosed in my county, which also has the majority of cases, have recovered. Theres no reason not to start reopening.

Its not the case that only hospital deaths are being reported for the whole of the US btw, it varies by state.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

I had a read of this article which in short claims that the Trumps administration stance in the pandemic changed as it became clearer which demographics were affected worse.

https://amp-theatlantic-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/611389/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways.

Better in future if they all cycle.
    Oh wait, 1,024 die on bicycles every-year, no good either.

Let's all walk.... wait... 6,227 pedestrians die every year in the US.

Forget this virus, the US should have shut long ago! Trump has blood on his hands!

2u2me wrote: »

Forget this virus, the US should have shut long ago! Trump has blood on his hands!

Come back to us when you have evidence that being in a car crash can be caused by being sneezed on a few days earlier on the bus to work.

I also don't know why they bother their arses scanning for bombs and weapons at airports. The twin towers was only about 3000 people killed and sure that was nearly 20 years ago. About 150 a year average.

Sure there's probably more people killed per year from getting bitten by dogs and the wound getting infected. Lets start a petition to halt all security checks at airports etc. until the US government kills all dogs! (Am I doing it right?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I also don't know why they bother their arses scanning for bombs and weapons at airports. The twin towers was only about 3000 people killed and sure that was nearly 20 years ago. About 150 a year average.

Sure there's probably more people killed per year from getting bitten by dogs and the wound getting infected. Lets start a petition to halt all security checks at airports etc. until the US government kills all dogs! (Am I doing it right?)

Nobody shuts down for all of those things. To follow your reasoning we should all wear masks, and continue to social distance; but not shutdown. I can understand the rationale of not trying to overrun the hospitals, but at this stage continued shutdown in states of 3million plus where they have 300 cases is ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Its not the case that only hospital deaths are being reported for the whole of the US btw, it varies by state.

That says a lot in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

You need to stop mindlessly parroting month old talking points, there are over 80,000 dead now.

At around 2,000 dead a day in the US you're looking at over 700,000 dead per year, and that is if death rates do not grow as estimates from the FBI say they will.

700,000 dead puts coronavirus as thebkeading cause of death in the USA, above cancer and heart disease.
    Nobody shuts down for all of those things. To follow your reasoning we should all wear masks, and continue to social distance; but not shutdown. I can understand the rationale of not trying to overrun the hospitals, but at this stage continued shutdown in states of 3million plus where they have 300 cases is ludicrous.
    There are no states with 300 or less cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

My state wants to open up, and started to do so today, and definitely doesn't want to see Trump reelected. It is a blue state. Not that it should matter. Its not one or the other. I'd rather it not be based in politics and more about the actual figures for that state, which thankfully is the case mostly. Do you really think a state of over 3 million people should remain closed because of 300 deaths? 87% of those diagnosed in my county, which also has the majority of cases, have recovered. Theres no reason not to start reopening.

Didnt the mayor of your city want to offer you up as a control group only a few weeks ago. Granted she doesn't call the shots but it shows that there is people of this mentality around people who do. Hardly what you would confidence inspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Christy42

So the US has been actively trying to limit the spread of the virus. And still within 3 months it has over doubled the number of car crash deaths for a full year. How does that not scream serious to you?

threeball wrote: »
    Didnt the mayor of your city want to offer you up as a control group only a few weeks ago. Granted she doesn't call the shots but it shows that there is people of this mentality around people who do. Hardly what you would confidence inspiring.

Not my city. The jurisdiction of the mayor is tiny and doesn't even cover the strip. She calls not even a fraction of a shot. There is a petition to have her recalled. She is not representative of vegas at all. Look up Steve sisolak, he is the one with actual power.

The mayor means ****. Everyone hates her for her outburst on tv

Not my city. The jurisdiction of the mayor is tiny and doesn't even cover the strip. She calls not even a fraction of a shot. There is a petition to have her recalled. She is not representative of vegas at all. Look up Steve sisolak, he is the one with actual power.

What did she ask for that those who want the economy reopened are so against though?

What did she ask for that those who want the economy reopened are so against?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcYjXbSJBN8

Skip to around 58 min for a few words on CV19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Get back to the meat packing plants you scum!!
    Trump classified meat-packing plants recently as "critical infrastructure". FFS.

Get yer vegan burgers out.

Advertisement