Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

threeball wrote: »
    All of his companies are technically broke and survive on the whims of investor confidence. He claims not to take a salary as such but has taken a total of $61 million in mortgages over 5 homes. A very frugal existence it must be said. Then he had the episode of insider trading and the latest tweet which would have made a stock buy back very attractive to him if he can now manage to convince people that he will now meet another set of targets which he then fails to meet. But its all for the good of mankind, sending people to mars will save the human race.

Hahaha the last line of your post is more nonsense I'd tell you to listen to the podcast but your hatred for Elon is too strong. Going to Mars is one of many projects his companies are undertaking. If you listened to the podcast you'd hear that they're close to being able to use brain implants to restore brain functions for people that have had traumatic brain injuries but, go on tell me how that is still all for his benefit because his a big bad greedy billionaire like the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

Nice shifting of the goalposts there I never mentioned anything about the environment. Fairly sure you and everyone in this thread has flown via air travel so you might want to come down off that high horse. I'd hazard a guess and say that you'd do the exact same to avoid the mental LA if you could afford to.

Yes I fly once or twice a year which is the equivalent of taking a private jet across LA whenever I feel like it. That rates up there with your other stupid arguments. And unless you're trying to say your statement "He's trying to help and improve the world around him" doesn't relate to environment then I'd love to know what it relates to. Perhaps digging big fcuk off tunnels in a fault zone is improving the world around him?

Hahaha the last line of your post is more nonsense I'd tell you to listen to the podcast but your hatred for Elon is too strong. Going to Mars is one of many projects his companies are undertaking. If you listened to the podcast you'd hear that they're close to being able to use brain implants to restore brain functions for people that have had traumatic brain injuries but, go on tell me how that is still all for his benefit because his a big bad greedy billionaire like the rest of them.

Musk says a lot of things. When he actually achieves it come back to me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2018/06/06/elon-musk-has-been-missing-deadlines-since-he-was-a-kid/

Yes I fly once or twice a year which is the equivalent of taking a private jet across LA whenever I feel like it. That rates up there with your other stupid arguments. And unless you're trying to say your statement "He's trying to help and improve the world around him" doesn't relate to environment then I'd love to know what it relates to. Perhaps digging big fcuk off tunnels in a fault zone is improving the world around him?

So I guess getting people to use electric cars that will hopefully source their energy from renewable sources in the future instead of using petrol or diesel cars won't be improving the world and the environment around him?

So launching the first rocket that they were successfully able to return to it's platform after launch. Isn't something he and his company has achieved?

• Advertisement

So I guess getting people to use electric cars that will hopefully source their energy from renewable sources in the future instead of using petrol or diesel cars won't be improving the world and the environment around him?

So you're backtracking again and now saying you did refer to the environment. You're not very consistent. Lithium ion batteries are in no way sustainable or the future btw. Its too rare and extremely poisonous to mine. Maybe when they get zinc or solid state batteries that can hold a substantial charge you may see a significant change to our transport infrastructure.

So you're backtracking again and now saying you did refer to the environment. You're not very consistent. Lithium ion batteries are in no way sustainable or the future btw. Its too rare and extremely poisonous to mine. Maybe when they get zinc or solid state batteries that can hold a substantial charge you may see a significant change to our transport infrastructure.

No backtracking here you are the one that shifted the goalposts in your original reply talking about the environment when I didn't mention it all. So nice attempt there but better luck next time. So are you willing to admit that electric cars even in their current format are more environmentally friendly than petrol or diesel cars or would it hurt your ego too much to admit that Elon is actually doing some good for the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

biko wrote: »
    The United States has far more Covid-19 deaths than any other country - as of 4 May, a total of more than 69,000 deaths.
    But the US has a population of 330 million people.

If you take the five largest countries in Western Europe - the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain - their combined population is roughly 320 million.

And the total number of registered coronavirus deaths from those five countries, as of 4 May, was over 115,000 - far more than that of the US.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/52311014

It just goes to show the arrogance and galactic ineptitude of so called Western "powers". They talk about how they are the best at everything while pi$$ing all over everyone else but when the time comes to test their ability to get a job done they're woefully lacking unlike countries who don't go mouthing that they are Numero-effing-Uno, and let their professionalism do the talking. Take Japan, a population of 125 million, a much higher density than places like the US or UK/France/Germany. They are also a lot closer to the original source of the virus, i.e. China and they recorded their first case weeks before the US or UK.

Japan's COVID death toll......624

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Ffs. Where have you been? Flattening the curve means spreading out the rate of infection so that everyone doesn't get infected at once and that hospitals don't get overwhelmed. That's pretty much the entire reason for it.

Anyway, I'm off out to buy some paint and do a bit of shopping, while wearing my mask of course. Probably go for a swim after that and enjoy the sunshine.. Enjoy your day of angrily ranting about America ðŸ‘

Jesus, it's like non-sequitur city with you. Hospitals being overwhelmed is a symptom of rising infections but it is NOT an indicator of the status quo.

You could use the analogy of pubs being packed as an indicator of a country having a drink problem but if those pubs are empty that doesn't mean a thing if everyone is at home drinking themselves to death on cheap vodka.

They've been consistently adding 25k cases per day now for the guts of a month. Now either thats the limit of their testing or they're playing with numbers because the consistency of cases rates is implausible. When you start questioning the cases then you have to question the deaths. Theres states that want to open up and want to see Trump re-elected. Are those states being open and honest. Florida was already found trying to repress the number of deaths being reported.

Plus all deaths reported are hospital deaths. In other countries deaths outside hospitals have been as much as 50%. That would put the US at 120k dead as of now. Will we ever know the true figure.

Don't you know..."We're the YOO-ESS-AY. We don't do bodycounts. "

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    Nobody shuts down for all of those things. To follow your reasoning we should all wear masks, and continue to social distance; but not shutdown. I can understand the rationale of not trying to overrun the hospitals, but at this stage continued shutdown in states of 3million plus where they have 300 cases is ludicrous.

To follow your dim-witted, Mad-Hatter's Tea Party logic we should fcuking ban water because people drown each year in their thousands.

NSAman wrote: »
    Large farms? Hauling large amounts of goods for the Ranch? hauling the family?

If you are suggesting small penis size... perhaps you should investigate...;)

I don't think a pickup truck would suffice. Maybe a crane.

I used to have great respect for Elon a few years ago but ever since his Star Link sats populated the sky I have gone off him.

His bullsh1t stunt with the mini-sub to rescue the trapped lads in the Thailand cave was fairly weak too. And then he went and called one of the rescuers a paedophile for dismissing Musk's retarded recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

To follow your dim-witted, Mad-Hatter's Tea Party logic we should fcuking ban water because people drown each year in their thousands.

You're getting confused. That seems to be the dim-witted arument that you are advocating for.

You're getting confused. That seems to be the dim-witted arument that you are advocating for.

Not really. You're talking about deaths from accidents in the course of day-to-day life, are you not? Your rationale is to question the circumstances surrounding those deaths and implement bans therein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Not really. You're talking about deaths from accidents in the course of day-to-day life, are you not? Your rationale is to question the circumstances surrounding those deaths and implement bans therein.

No it's not. I told you you were getting confused.
    Go back and read it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

When people condemn Trump-Pence for not wearing masks, they need to understand that they (the administration) have pretty much been taking their lead from Dr.Fauci from the get-go and his stance on masks is (ignore the 'Masks are Bull****' header):

https://twitter.com/FuctupMike/status/1257868855986307072

This is an old video. He recommends them now, as does the CDC but a certain percentage of Americans will never accept that.

No it's not. I told you you were getting confused.
    Go back and read it again.

Perhaps I am getting confused. Would you care to clarify the point then whereby you brought up road deaths, bicycle deaths, pedestrian deaths?

What was the point you were making there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

See Cuomo is now calling it a "European Virus":

https://twitter.com/BryanDeanWright/status/1259927178751258624

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

I don't think a pickup truck would suffice. Maybe a crane.

That personal flight airplane is popular here too. Flying and owning an aircraft is pretty common on large Ranches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

Your Lord and master is on CNN live now....

He really is very good. Seems to have got everything build or bought in very fast time. Only 80k died - so many lives saved - really top performance.
    War is over and now transition to greatness is starting
    See Cuomo is now calling it a "European Virus":

https://twitter.com/BryanDeanWright/status/1259927178751258624

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

kyote00 wrote: »

He really is very good. Seems to have got everything build or bought in very fast time. Only 80k died - so many lives saved - really top performance.

There is only one problem (apart from Trump) that he has to deal with.. that is the idiot that is DeBalsio

Has anyone witnessed this thundering dimwit, Kayleigh McEnany who now comes out onto the podium to grace us with her "Uhm, like, totally, whatever, like, wisdom" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_nY5jOOFHI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Has anyone witnessed this thundering dimwit, Kayleigh McEnany who now comes out onto the podium to grace us with her "Uhm, like, totally, whatever, like, wisdom" ?

At least she is quicker at not answering the question and get the lies out there nice and quick. Good at what she does ha!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

The spat between Steve mnuchin and axl rose at the weekend brought a smile to my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

kyote00 wrote: »

He's a Grade A gob****e

Trump was asked what crime he was accusing Obama of committing. Relating to his tweets over the weekend. :pac: Need to get the transcript of his answer

His answer reminded me of this from Michael Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Trump is keeping his distance from everyone today. When did the reporters start wearing masks?

And he just rage quit the press conference.

Brilliant watching as always

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Just watched on YouTube and he walked off stage after a question.
    It went great I imagine?

Advertisement