Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    And he just rage quit the press conference.

Brilliant watching as always

How long was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The media moan about testing. The administration have an hour long presser on testing which shows that they are doing more testing that some of the counties the press heralded as having the holy grail in testing numbers. Leftist media proceed to ask snarky attempted gotcha questions, one even pathetically playing the race card, so he thanks them and leaves. Removing their access to pressers is what he needs to do at this stage, as they are just preventing the much needed information getting to the public by hijacking these pressers in this manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

How long was it?

About an hour, was earlier than previous ones, potentially coming to an end before he rage quit anyway. Just funny, it's the first time? I was waiting for it.

He needs to remove access to some of those journalists. He needs to get it down to a Trump rally kind of crowd as he just looks silly trying to answer actual questions. He hasn't been doing his homework and comes across quite ignorant when it comes to facts and figures. Needs more OAN journalists to pad out the crowd :)

• Advertisement

Anyone know what he meant by:

"DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE -- IN GERMANY AND THE UNITED STATES ARE AT THE LOWEST RUNG OF THAT LADDER, MEANING LOW IS A POSITIVE, NOT A NEGATIVE. GERMANY AND THE UNITED STATES ARE THE TWO BEST IN DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE, -- DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE, WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT NUMBER THERE IS. PLEASE, IN THE BACK."

When I look at worldometers this seems wrong, maybe I am missing something? I'm not stats guy but seems wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

"DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE -- IN GERMANY AND THE UNITED STATES ARE AT THE LOWEST RUNG OF THAT LADDER, MEANING LOW IS A POSITIVE, NOT A NEGATIVE. GERMANY AND THE UNITED STATES ARE THE TWO BEST IN DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE, -- DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE, WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT NUMBER THERE IS. PLEASE, IN THE BACK."

When I look at worldometers this seems wrong, maybe I am missing something? I'm not stats guy but seems wrong?
    That would be Donnie telling big fat porkie pies, sorry, misspeaking, again

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There's a simple test I do with information like this.

Did Don say it?

Yes: It's wrong.

No: It may be right.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    That would be Donnie telling big fat porkie pies, sorry, misspeaking, again

Bah, he seemed so sure this time, he convinced me I was missing something - a dangerous guy to have about the place!

There's a simple test I do with information like this.

Did Don say it?

Yes: It's wrong.

No: It may be right.

Ha maybe, often it's based on some fact, and he has just mangled it up with incompetence.

Someone told him something about Germany and US , I'm sure of it :)

• Advertisement

Darker colour = higher death rate

EXw_fXdWoAA_mO1?format=jpg&name=900x900

He needs to remove access to some of those journalists. He needs to get it down to a Trump rally kind of crowd as he just looks silly trying to answer actual questions. He hasn't been doing his homework and comes across quite ignorant when it comes to facts and figures. Needs more OAN journalists to pad out the crowd :)

"Why is that a global competition to you?" is not a serious question asked for the concern of Americans.

The press start this nonsense by moaning about testing all the time, saying the administration doesn't care and so the only way to obliterate that nonsense is to tell the truth about testing. The media (and anti-Trumpers) are just annoyed that he's making it harder for them to peddle false narratives.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1259959148403458049

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

"Why is that a global competition to you?" is not a serious question asked for the concern of Americans.

The press start this nonsense by moaning about testing all the time, saying the administration doesn't care and so the only way to obliterate that nonsense is to tell the truth about testing. The media (and anti-Trumpers) are just annoyed that he's making it harder for them to peddle false narratives.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1259959148403458049

Are you seriously defending the pillock??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

USA: 246 deaths per million.
    Germany: 91 deaths per million.

He's only wrong by about 270%.

Anyone got any links to the Obama crime? Or is information being released later this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Tbf, I reckon Trump started it by saying it was all nothing and saying it would be down to zero.

Hard to take anything he says seriously after such a massive, and deadly, cock up as that.

Wouldn't be so bad if was able to be honest and how he got it so unbelievably wrong. I mean zero instead of 1million +?

No deaths against 80k? Don't buy this rubbish about less than 200k is success. He said he there would be none. That he wouldn't let a boat dock coz he made his, he specifically said his, numbers look bad.

So, sure Pete, blame the press so asking bad questions. But this one is entirely down to Trump and is ability, even for a second, to think of anyone but himself.

That you are fighting a made up enemy instead of demanding that Trump do his job should cause you to rethink your priorities.

If Trump was so worried about the message, why no spent his 100+ tweets at the weekend getting that message out rather than dealing with his own issues?

USA: 246 deaths per million.
    Germany: 91 deaths per million.

He's only wrong by about 270%.

Cheers, was just giving him the benefit of the doubt, starting to look like more rubbish alright. Shame.

What a waste of everyones time. What a drain he must be on the task force.

The media (and anti-Trumpers) are just annoyed that he's making it harder for them to peddle false narratives.

He was peddling a few false narratives himself tonight!! :p

Well, tbf, neither Germany nor the USA are in the top ten countries in the world for deaths per capita. Wouldn't call that 'the lowest rung' myself now mind but that hardly makes the comment a lie, as others have suggested.

Lot of positives from tonight's presser. Damn shame the public will not see much of it.

Well, neither Germany nor the USA are in the top ten countries in the world for deaths per capita. Wouldn't call that 'the lowest rung' myself but that hardly makes the comment a lie.

Lot of positives from tonight's presser. Damn shame the public will not see much of it.

His storming off like a whinging man child you mean?

• Advertisement

Oh, they'll see that bit alright ;)

Tis the rest I was obviously referring to.

Well, tbf, neither Germany nor the USA are in the top ten countries in the world for deaths per capita. Wouldn't call that 'the lowest rung' myself now mind but that hardly makes the comment a lie, as others have suggested.

What do you think he meant when he said "GERMANY AND THE UNITED STATES ARE THE TWO BEST IN DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So in other words, you accept he was lying, some people call it fake news, but other countries are worse so that's ok.

Maybe if he stuck to the message, you know the one the MSM is working against him to stop him from getting out, instead of lying he might get his message out better.

Oh, they'll see that bit alright ;)

Tis the rest I was obviously referring to.

Yup

They will see their president, the man who is supposed to be leading them in a time of crisis, a man who is responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of US citizens storming off like a petulant child because a reporter hurt his feelings with a valid question that he did not like.

What do you think he meant when he said "GERMANY AND THE UNITED STATES ARE THE TWO BEST IN DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE"

Well, like I said, neither country are in the top ten for deaths per 100,000. So, could be simple as that.

That coupled with the fact that both Germany and the USA are both in the top three for total tests, most likely is why he highlighted them.

That would be fake news :(

USA are no. 9

Well, like I said, neither country are in the top ten for deaths per 100,000. So, could be simple as that.

That coupled with the fact that both Germany and the USA are both in the top three for total tests, most likely is why he highlighted them.

Would you consider it to be "fake news"?

So he just basically spouted a load of shìte, yet here you are bang on cue to defend what he said.

No matter that what he said was wrong, you will defend him anyway.

They will see their president, the man who is supposed to be leading them in a time of crisis, a man who is responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of US citizens who has (along with his administration) done as well as could be expected to mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus storming off like a petulant child thanking everyone and then going back to work because a reporter because a liberal activist masquerading as a reporter hurt his feelings with a valid question that he did not like. tried to turn a very important presser into yet another episode of 'Get Trump' as tens of thousands die and then laughably played the race card when called out on it.

FYP. Now it's true.

• Advertisement

FYP. Now it's true.

Nope, it's there for everyone to see, the man child had a hissy fit and stormed off like a child. It's not like it's the first time he has done it either.

You defend his behaviour, you defend his lies, there is nothing he can say/do that you will not defend.

Advertisement