Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

FYP. Now it's true.

Haha, even you couldn't bring yourself to say he was doing well. "As well as could be expected " is the worst type of support you could give.

Whats the term? Damn with faint praise or something.

Wow Pete, even you are starting to lose faith in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Not using the pandemic guide the Obama administration had prepared. Then firing the pandemic response team.

Pushing people to take hydroxychloroquine even though it did f*ck all.

Suggesting disinfectant via injection.

Saying the virus would "go away".

Stealing PPE from other countries.

Need I go on, Outlaw Pete?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

He just says what he likes. It doesn't have to be true, just has to sound good. All that matters is that people believe it.

And obviously some people will just believe it, so job done.

Others will wonder because the media contradict his claims, but hey, lamestream media, so job done.

And he has his acolytes on social media and discussion forums to take his words and shamelessly contort them into the most unlikely interpretations, so job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

No matter that what he said was wrong, you will defend him anyway.

I didn't defend him when he publicly called the Bidens corrupt (asking Zelensky to cooperate with AG Barr is all he should be doing imo). I didn't defend him when he, imo, disrespected the Kurds leaving many of them to their own devices given how loyal they had been to the US and I didn't defend him when he reversed Obama's executive order, revoking a policy set by him which required the publishing of the number of civilians killed in drone strikes outside war zones, to name three examples where I took issue with his actions as POTUS.

I just don't go in for the constant Level 11 anti-Trump faux outrage, where no matter what the guy does and says, he's the devil incarnate. When someone is at Level 11 constantly, with regards to their fury at the man, no matter how bloody trivial the perceived offence, well then I have to question how genuine it all is, and I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,546 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

osarusan wrote: »
    He just says what he likes. It doesn't have to be true, just has to sound good. All that matters is that people believe it.

And obviously some people will just believe it, so job done.

Others will wonder because the media contradict his claims, but hey, lamestream media, so job done.

And he has his acolytes on social media and discussion forums to take his words and shamelessly contort them into the most unlikely interpretations, so job done.

I'm actually starting to think zealot would be a better description for some of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I didn't defend him when he publicly called the Bidens corrupt (asking Zelensky to cooperate with AG Barr is all he should be doing imo). I didn't defend him when he, imo, disrespected the Kurds leaving many of them to their own devices given how loyal they had been to the US and I didn't defend him when he reversed Obama's executive order, revoking a policy set by him which required the publishing of the number of civilians killed in drone strikes outside war zones, to name three examples where I took issue with his actions as POTUS.

I just don't go in for the constant Level 11 anti-Trump faux outrage, where no matter what the guy does and says, he's the devil incarnate. When someone is at Level 11 constantly, with regards to their fury at the man, no matter how bloody trivial the perceived offence, well then I have to question how genuine it all is, and I do.

Good points.

Would you agree he was "peddling fake narratives" at tonight's presser?

E.g. The Germany stuff, would you consider labelling that as "fake news" to be fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Are you seriously defending the pillock??

Guessing you’ve never visited the thread in politics forum :pac:

If trump said the sky was in fact brown, not blue, Pete would agree and blame leftist lamestream deep state media for trying to twist what poor ol, dumb Donnie was saying.

fullstop wrote: »
    Guessing you’ve never visited the thread in politics forum :pac:

If trump said the sky was in fact brown, not blue, Pete would agree and blame leftist lamestream deep state media for trying to twist what poor ol, dumb Donnie was saying.

Or would claim that don "misspoke" and what he really meant was........

FYP. Now it's true.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.

Hahaha!! COMEDY GOLD PETER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Would you care to clarify the point then whereby you brought up road deaths, bicycle deaths, pedestrian deaths?

What was the point you were making there?

I was trying to make the point that there is acceptable risk in normal everyday life.
    Where is that acceptable amount of risk when it comes to coronavirus. Is 1 death too many?

The initial projections of how deadly this virus is seem off nearly by an order of magnitudue.

• Advertisement

And true to form, never missing a sanctimonious race-baiting trick, CNN have chyron up suggesting Trump's response was racist:

cnn.jpg

And true to form, never missing a sanctimonious race-baiting trick, CNN have chyron up suggesting Trump's response was racist:

It was racist though, he would never have said that to another reporter, that's why he ran away like a squawking chicken because he knew he had crossed the line.

Yup he really set it up for them with that. He needs to curate his audience even more. He can't handle it. It got to him this evening, evident by storming off.

Either that or go for a few days off again, and a few days off without tweeting nonsense or they will just bring that up at the presser and he'll look silly again and rinse and repeat.

You might have missed my Q earlier, the Germany thing we were discussing, would you consider labelling that as "fake news" a fair label?

It was racist though, he would never have said that to another reporter, that's why he ran away like a squawking chicken because he knew he had crossed the line.

lol. He had just ridiculed China to the a previous reporter, who was white.

https://twitter.com/KingsleyCortes/status/1259953396909576194

Course if he had said that to the Asian American, they'd/you'd have said that was racist too. Please.

Course if he had said that to the Asian American, they'd/you'd have said that was racist too. Please.

And true to form, Peter defends the indefensible.

Is this the same fool who was thanking China a few weeks ago for the “great job” they had done?

The floundering idiot doesn’t know his arse from his elbow at this point. Like a 2 year old lashing out at anything and everything for self preservation, knowing he’s in so far over his head there’s no other way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Christy42

https://twitter.com/KingsleyCortes/status/1259953396909576194

Indeed. Standard look over there response to hide from the failures the US has had in dealing with the pandemic.

Not sure what good blaming China has to do with anything. Everyone knew a pandemic was possible and we knew about this one long before it started ramping up in the US. China has nothing to do with the US deaths. Italy I can see the Chinese cover up affecting since they were hit so soon. The facts are that a pandemic happened and the US was found wanting in its response. If it wants to say China didn't do enough to stop it, well it is a bit rich for America First to turn around and say China didn't do enough to help the US. The US needs to stand on its own feet with regards to pandemic response.

Germany did and South Korea did so you can't just blame China.

Still at least he has copped the Chinese response wasn't great. Outside of people in coma he was certainly the last given he was complimenting the Chinese response in late March.

EXxf5QLUEAA44cQ?format=jpg&name=small

:pac:

I think the calls of racism from the media are a bit much. The reporters really stuck together though!

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1259966016009973765

Woke types may project faux outrage but we all know it's not real. They're starting to consider Asian Americans as just as 'privileged' as white people because the gap in earnings, education etc.. isn't anywhere near that of 'other minorities'.

The ‘Whitening’ of Asian Americans

Harvard and other institutions put a cap on the amount of Asians allowed into their schools. This was because apparently Asians were over represented.

The judge who ruled on the case said:
    “the court will not dismantle a very fine admissions program that passes constitutional muster, solely because it could do better”.

Where was the outrage then? Non-existent.

Race-conscious admission policies were embraced by the wokes to the detriment of Asians. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

The big cardboard signs - "America leads the world in testing" mounted on the white house is a very classy touch.

512650.png

• Advertisement

kyote00 wrote: »
    The big cardboard signs - "America leads the world in testing" mounted on the white house is a very classy touch.

Well, when the liberal mainstream media constantly suggest testing levels are abysmal, that narrative needs to be tackled.
    fullstop wrote: »
    And true to form, Peter defends the indefensible.

Which was what exactly? Oh don't tell me, you feel he was being racist too. Colour me surprised.
    Is this the same fool who was thanking China a few weeks ago for the “great job” they had done?

This is May 12th, the comments you're referring to were in Jan (so not "a few weeks ago") a time when we were all still being told by the WHO that China had indeed done a great job and we had no reason at that time to think they had not. As far as I know, there is no crystal ball in the Oval.
    Like a 2 year old lashing out at anything and everything for self preservation, knowing he’s in so far over his head there’s no other way out.

Nope, he calmly walked off while certain leftist sections of the media (with an eye on November) chose to attack him while carrying water for the country that is actually responsible for the deaths of over 80,000 Americans, and counting.

kyote00 wrote: »

512650.png

I reckon he asked for the sign to say:

"Trump leads the world in testing"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,505 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

America also leads the world in cases and deaths too, lets not forget about that.

Arghus wrote: »
    America also leads the world in cases and deaths too, lets not forget about that.

Not according to Trump's ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Christy42

Well, when the liberal mainstream media constantly suggest testing levels are abysmal, that narrative needs to be tackled.

Which was what exactly? Oh don't tell me, you feel he was being racist too. Colour me surprised.

This is May 12th, the comments you're referring to were in Jan, a time when we were all still being told by the WHO that China had indeed done a great job and we had no reason at that time to think they had not. As far as I know, there is no crystal ball in the Oval.

Nope, he calmly walked off while certain leftist sections of the media (with an eye on November) chose to attack him while carrying water for the country that is actually responsible for the deaths of 80,000 Americans.

The comments refer to Trump's tweet on March 27th. So not January.

Again. Does the US require China to do work for them in pandemic response. China has its issues but we knew of them long before this. Why was the US so vulnerable to China simply not informing the world about something (which is China's speciality)?

Why were Germany, South Korea and New Zealand all able to mount so much more effective measures against the exact same virus? Viruses will happen and if it happens again most of the world will be more ready. Not the US which is unable to admit to its own failings.

Even in comparing to the EU as a whole. Why does the US have double the number of active cases the EU ever had. Why do they have so many more cases than the EU (and the EU has more people than the US so it isn't because of per capita).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

hetuzozaho wrote: »

With his sexual history, he probably should.

He'd never allow his name on such a small sign

Looking at worldometers they are around 40th in the world for tests per million?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

This is May 12th, the comments you're referring to were in Jan (so not "a few weeks ago") a time when we were all still being told by the WHO that China had indeed done a great job and we had no reason at that time to think they had not. As far as I know, there is no crystal ball in the Oval.

Nope, he calmly walked off while certain leftist sections of the media (with an eye on November) chose to attack him while carrying water for the country that is actually responsible for the deaths of over 80,000 Americans, and counting.

It is abysmal. Even our testing is better and we don't even have labs. Donnie claims they are the best at everything, when they're only really better than the UK who gave up weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

Fixed that earlier fake news....

(Faeroe Islands (sic) lead according to Worldometers) :eek:

Maybe he will try to buy the islands ?

512651.png
    Looking at worldometers they are around 40th in the world for tests per million?

Advertisement