Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

2u2me wrote: »
    There aren't many journalists with much integrity left in the US. Fox news or otherwise. Fox actually have one of the best journalists going in Chris Wallace.

That is a pretty bog claim to make. Do you know how many journalists there are in America. Have you gone through their work to ascertain whether they have integrity or not?

Do you have anything to back up that statement?

Please define what what consider to be a journalist. What do you mean integrity?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,661 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There aren't many journalists with much integrity left in the US. Fox news or otherwise. Fox actually have one of the best journalists going in Chris Wallace.

They had Shep Smith too who regularly talked negatively about Trump (which repeatedly annoyed Trump) until Bill Barr met with Rupert Murdoch and then Shep Smith suddenly "decided" to leave Fox the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Look can we stop doing this calling everyone who disagrees with you a Trump supporter. It just seems so childish, especially when people make it clear that they are not.

There is zero hypocrisy here, we expect politicians to lie and journalists to tell the truth.
    Trump the politician is a narcissist who lies all the time.

The journalists are now getting down in the mud with him. That's my problem.

The CBS journalist could have asked him about the deaths per 100k , but she decided to call him a racist instead.

Look can we stop doing this calling everyone who disagrees with you a Trump supporter. It just seems so childish, especially when people make it clear that they are not.

There is zero hypocrisy here, we expect politicians to lie and journalists to tell the truth.

The CBS journalist could have asked him about the deaths per 100k , but she decided to call him a racist instead.

Which journalist called him a racist?

I assume that the person looking to defend Trump is a Trump supporter. When one picks one side over another in a two way debate, then I think it is reasonable to say that one is a supporter of one side. However, maybe you are just very anti journalist and see the Trump thread as the best outlet to get your point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Christy42

So that's a no on holding them to the same standard then. No I don't expect politicians to lie. I look out for it and am aware they have a tendency to but no one has taken it as far as Trump outside of dictators saying they did a round of golf in 18 shots. But no I expect them to tell the truth and for people to hold them accountable when they don't.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Which journalist called him a racist?

"What do you mean ask China, why are you asking me that question?"

If you want to play the game of not knowing what she's implying I'm too bored for that malarky.

If you want to play the game of not knowing what she's implying I'm too bored for that malarky.

Ah, so we are back to implying what people are saying.

OK, because we have been down this rabiit hole so many times where Trump says its a Chinese virus but that wasn't being racist. Trump appears to mock a journalist but that was just an interpretation.

So the journalist didn't say he was a racist, just want to make sure we both agree that that it never actually happened. Maybe that is what she meant, neither you or I know for sure as we are not either Trump or the journalist.

You said that she decided to call him a racist instead, can we agree that she didn't call him a racist and that asking someone to explain themselves is not the same as calling someone a racist.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Ah, so we are back to implying what people are saying.

OK, because we have been down this rabiit hole so many times where Trump says its a Chinese virus but that wasn't being racist. Trump appears to mock a journalist but that was just an interpretation.

So the journalist didn't say he was a racist, just want to make sure we both agree that that it never actually happened. Maybe that is what she meant, neither you or I know for sure as we are not either Trump or the journalist.

She asked him a question.

He answered 'ask China' which was pertinent to that question.

She then questions why would you say ask China, why would you ask me that question, when it was already an answer to her question- a question she just asked him.

I see you do want to play the game of not knowing what she meant, and denying everybody in the world knew what she meant, denying the very existence of reality itself. So I'm out peace

If it can be implied she called him a racist, it can be implied by that very same metric that he was being racist in saying that to her.

So either they're both innocent, or they're both guilty. If they're both guilty of what they implied, then his comment was far worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,907 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That's been a racist? She could have been asking as was the 1 asking the question. You seem very quick to dismiss any criticism of Trump as a well he is a narcissist and a politican he is meant to lie and have no integrity. That is just wrong as another poster said they are meant to have some integrity and not to think he can get away with it. If this was any politican you did not like you would not give them so much latitude.

• Advertisement

She then questions why would you say ask China, why would you ask me that question, when it was already an answer to her question- a question she just asked him.

I see you do want to play the game of not knowing what she meant, and denying everybody in the world knew what she meant, denying the very existence of reality itself. So I'm out peace

Why not? We have had to play that game for every single piece of random nonsense that comes out of Trumps mouth. So come on then. Was it not obvious what he meant by fine people or they're rapists or injecting disinfectant into lungs. How is that drug he tried to shill for working out? Why do all these get reinterpreted to death and back but we can assume what a journalist meant. You can try and have it both ways but you will absolutely get called out on ridiculous hypocrisy.

It wasn't a good answer. The US should be able to withstand a pandemic in its own right. Not need favours from China to do it. Plus how did Germany and South Korea do so much better. Where they getting better help from China to defeat the exact same virus.

The US is more than double the deaths of any other country (Trump doesn't want to describe testing in per capita numbers so deaths will have to be totals as well).

All you are trying to do is say journalists have to be perfect and if Trump messes up oh well he is just a politician. People die when Trump messes up and have been dieing for months because of his failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,907 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

How the hell was ask China an answer to her question. As she asked the question she asked was that aimed at her. You can't say she was implying he was a racist. I have seen some mental gymnastics to defend or attract Trump but that's the worst I have seen in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Thank goodness for this latest Trump drama, the Trumpers have something to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

What did he mean by 'ask china', how did that answer her question? I think it was a silly question but don't see how the answer made any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Your big bad Orange daddy disagrees.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249424452477235200

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Don is having a meltdown on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

ALL CAPS MELTDOWN!!!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1260169616510386176

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

He actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Jesus the democrats have to put someone decent up againt this clown. The thoughts of 4 more years of utter scutter from him because of Joe Biden's memory loss issues is frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Still peddling this rubbish misspeaking about a particular statistic. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1260166181513842688

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Jesus the democrats have to put someone decent up againt this clown. The thoughts of 4 more years of utter scutter from him because of Joe Biden's memory loss issues is frightening.

To be honest it doesn't matter who they put up, you would be hearing the same-same-only-different about them emanating out of the same Cambridge Analytica style messaging centres. We're it sanders, it would be a case of "if only they didn't nominate the sexist communist". If buttigieg "if only they didn't nominate the unqualified racist". If Warren, "if only the didn't nominate the elitist compulsive liar". And on and on.

All would have several sexual assault and corruption/conspiracy cases of dubious origin against them had they won the nomination as well. And that all of the above tags are entirely applicable to Trump would have little relevance, such is the effectiveness of the likes of CA on the wider public, and Fox News/'the intellectual dark web'/'alternative' news sites and so on when it comes to building up narratives out of thin air (or "alternative facts" as the Trump admin literally refers to them as).

I don't think Biden was the strongest candidate myself, but the above is just the cold truth of the matter as far as I can see. They have developed a cult built on hatred, and that always needs a common enemy to vent said hatred on to.

To be honest though, none of this is very relevant as there is not going to be a fair and open election come November unless Trump gets a huge bump in his approval figures before then. What has gone on in North Carolina, Georgia, Wisconsin, etc recently are examples of why, and Trumps rush to get a sycophant of his in charge of the postal service while railing against postal voting (which tends to benefit democrats) despite using it himself is entirely because of this.

Most likely, the best the US can hope for later this year is a Russian style election that at least pretends to be fair and open, though they are so brazen about not caring about the law at this point that I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to just cancel it, some deep red states comply (as states run their own elections) and the judiciary/DOJ claim that without all 50 states taking part, any election results are invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

osarusan wrote: »
    Still peddling this rubbish misspeaking about a particular statistic. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1260166181513842688

Thats not misspeaking of misrepresenting, it's just point blank lying. Germany, Italy and Russia combine for more tests done than the US, that's only three countries. You might as well say Ireland has done more tests than thd rest of the world combined.

The ignoring of per capita figures is misrepresentation, this is just de Ying reality in a way that cult leaders tend to do towards their followers, and I can guarantee they will lap it upans regurgitate it - the ones on here too most likely, over teh coming weeks if/when they think they might get away with citing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It can't be lying if Daddy believes it's correct icon14.png

Child

Running away from 2 female reporters like a little baby

Hey MAGA guys, this is your hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What a time to be alive :pac:

Thats not misspeaking of misrepresenting, it's just point blank lying. Germany, Italy and Russia combine for more tests done than the US, that's only three countries. You might as well say Ireland has done more tests than thd rest of the world combined.

The ignoring of per capita figures is misrepresentation, this is just de Ying reality in a way that cult leaders tend to do towards their followers, and I can guarantee they will lap it upans regurgitate it - the ones on here too most likely, over teh coming weeks if/when they think they might get away with citing it.

He has repeated it often enough. He knows it is complete lie at this stage. No way it hasn't been pointed out to him as wrong. I am sure he was joking, isn't that usual excuse. 10k + jokes in under 4 years, no wonder people call him the clown president

Child

Show some respect for the office he holds!

He's President Little Baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Child

A nasty question....?

God help the U.S.

It's the stuff of nightmares that from circa 330 million people, they came up with him to lead...

I heard him describing the tests as beautiful the other day...........he's so devoid of articulation and devoid of any capacity to orate in a dignified and skillful manner....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

The MSM pretends to be the shining light that saves democracy.

Trump basically admits to being a narcissist.

To be elected president you just have to be popular. No credentials required.

To be a proper journalist you should have integrity.

A President is supposed to LEAD. He's supposed to marshall resources, listen to his advisors, give them the tools they need to solve the problems that affect the people that he was elected to lead, not stand there day in and day out spouting utter bullsh1t and then throw a tantrum and storm off like a little bitch when he's asked difficult questions.

Now maybe a wanker like that is good enough for you but I have higher standards for people in positions of responsibility.

Harry Truman, not the greatest of US presidents by any measure but he had a plaque on his desk which read "The Buck Stop Here". In other words he knew that he was the one who had to take responsibility. Can you imagine Trump even acknowledging that he was responsible for fcuking anything?

Advertisement