Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A President is supposed to LEAD. He's supposed to marshall resources, listen to his advisors, give them the tools they need to solve the problems that affect the people that he was elected to lead, not stand there day in and day out spouting utter bullsh1t and then throw a tantrum and storm off like a little bitch when he's asked difficult questions.

Now maybe a wanker like that is good enough for you but I have higher standards for people in positions of responsibility.

Harry Truman, not the greatest of US presidents by any measure but he had a plaque on his desk which read "The Buck Stop Here". In other words he knew that he was the one who had to take responsibility. Can you imagine Trump even acknowledging that he was responsible for fcuking anything?

Spot on....

He is simply like a 3 year old out of control on sugar....and has been since day 1...

It's the most bizarre thing that has ever hit the mighty U S of A.......

Jesus the democrats have to put someone decent up againt this clown. The thoughts of 4 more years of utter scutter from him because of Joe Biden's memory loss issues is frightening.

Could the U.S. not just bring in an emergency law and say for the next 4 years we'll juts do without?

Biden is no great shakes.....but jaysus, anything is an improvement on the maniac that is there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

walshb wrote: »
    Spot on....

He is simply like a 3 year old out of control on sugar....and has been since day 1...

It's the most bizarre thing that has ever hit the mighty U S of A.......

Throughout my career I had some good managers and some not so good managers. The good ones listened to all your recommendations, gave you the freedom to pursue your ideas, treated you like an adult and trusted your technical expertise and your ability to get the job done. The crappy ones were delegators, micro-managers. But one quality they all shared was that they didn't throw anyone under the bus. They defended their teams when things went wrong and a customer or a higher-up was exploding down the phone. Even the crappy managers had the spine to take it on the chin.

Not Trump. Nooooo! This dick is not a man. He has absolutely no strength of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I see Dr Anthony Fauci was speaking to the Senate today. Trump will not like that not that he is taking any advice from him now.

Could the U.S. not just bring in an emergency law and say for the next 4 years we'll juts do without?

Biden is no great shakes.....but jaysus, anything is an improvement on the maniac that is there at the moment.

Nope constitution will not allow that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Get Gemma in there to argue the constitution for them, she's pulling a blinder here :p:p:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What time is he on TV tonight at?

I was being a wee bit facetious!!

I was being a wee bit facetious!!

I had a feeling you were but you never know we some here

Edit: There is a lawyer I follow on youtube and he did a video on the president election and what happens if an election was postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What time is he on TV tonight at?

Depends, he may sulk for a few days and not do any pressers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Anyone know when the travel ban from EU is going to end?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,624 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Depends, he may sulk for a few days and not do any pressers.

Or quit after 70 seconds if asked a question by a female.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭Christy42

I see Dr Anthony Fauci was speaking to the Senate today. Trump will not like that not that he is taking any advice from him now.

Wasn't he just talking to republican controlled panels? They blocked him from talking to Democrat controlled groups because the administration would just come out looking horrifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Harry Truman, not the greatest of US presidents by any measure but he had a plaque on his desk which read "The Buck Stop Here". In other words he knew that he was the one who had to take responsibility. Can you imagine Trump even acknowledging that he was responsible for fcuking anything?

“I don't take responsibility at all,”

- Trump on the US handling of the coronavirus, just last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Could the U.S. not just bring in an emergency law and say for the next 4 years we'll juts do without?.....

This is the guy that needs to be in The Whitehouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIvwtbqvi2M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Boggles wrote: »

Your hero , hitler, would be happy with your work.

You see how that makes you sound like a child?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    What did he mean by 'ask china', how did that answer her question? I think it was a silly question but don't see how the answer made any sense?

I'd agree it was a silly answer but the answer in context makes perfect sense. It's the mind-set of an adolscent in a school-yard from a narcissistic self-aggrandizer.
    "You said many times that the US is doing far better than any other country when it comes to testing, Why does that matter? Why is this a global competition to you when everyday Americans are still losing their lives and we’re still seeing more cases everyday?” -Jiang

Her two questions were:
    Why does that testing matter
    Why is this a global competition to you.
    “Well they’re losing their lives everywhere in the world and maybe that’s a question you should ask China, Don’t ask me, ask China that question? When you ask them that question you might get a very unusual answer”-Trump
    "Sir, why are you saying that to me specifically that I should ask China?"-Jiang

He wasn't saying it to her specifically. He was answering her question and addressing more people than just her. By linking her identity with the question answer given she knows exactly what she's doing. Rage baiting identity division.

Just look at all the responses here on boards and all the headlines:

"Trump berates female reporter"
    "Trump tells Chinese American to 'ask China'"

etc..etc..

In a time of panic, mass hysteria, when the press should be doing their job, she decides to divide the country more with hate; completely unjustified. She had no reason to imply her identity had anything to do with the answer; and if she really believed so she could have asked a pertinent follow up question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

Christy42 wrote: »
    He has repeated it often enough. He knows it is complete lie at this stage. No way it hasn't been pointed out to him as wrong. I am sure he was joking, isn't that usual excuse. 10k + jokes in under 4 years, no wonder people call him the clown president

https://mobile.twitter.com/lNaora_/status/892738070629552128/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

2u2me wrote: »
    I'd agree it was a silly answer but the answer in context makes perfect sense. It's the mind-set of an adolscent in a school-yard from a narcissistic self-aggrandizer.

No I said it was a silly question, not a silly answer, I don't understand the answer. Why would she ask China? What did he mean? You won't insult me by explaining it like I'm five here!
    Her two questions were:

Yep, I understand the questions, and don't agree with her etc.

He wasn't saying it to her specifically. He was answering her question and addressing more people than just her. By linking her identity with the question answer given she knows exactly what she's doing. Rage baiting identity division.

etc..etc..

In a time of panic, mass hysteria, when the press should be doing their job, she decides to divide the country more with hate; completely unjustified. She had no reason to imply her identity had anything to do with the answer; and if she really believed so she could have asked a pertinent follow up question.

I never suggested any of these things.

All I asked was what did he mean by ask China, how does it apply to her question?

and what does "you might get a very unusual answer" mean.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

Her two questions were:

etc..etc..

The absolute gall of you to claim a reporter is dividing the country by asking a question with the sh2t Trump has pulled over the last 4 years and 4 months particularly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The prefered White House (or maybe it's the medical group) modeling now predicts 147k dead come early August

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The prefered White House (or maybe it's the medical group) modeling now predicts 147k dead come early August

Dunno how much more winning we can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I read the other day another major model is predicting 3,000 plus deaths per day on average through June with a good chunk of that due to states trying to open prematurely and against advice.

If people start going around in groups they will get infected, some will end up in hospital, some in ICU and some dead.

It's not a complicated equation unless you're a strange democrat or average republican governor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the only time Trump will take it seriously is if he gets it himself (or a member of his immediate family)

Christy42 wrote: »
    Wasn't he just talking to republican controlled panels? They blocked him from talking to Democrat controlled groups because the administration would just come out looking horrifically.

They still come on with what he said just not as many questions asked

Did not know it was only Republicans, I thought any committee would have to have both

Child

Running away from 2 female reporters like a little baby

Hey MAGA guys, this is your hero

Why mention the sex of the reporters? Do you know how they identify?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The fact that Trump is still in contention to win in November says a lot about the incredible stupidity of vast numbers of the American electorate. Not them all and not necessarily the majority, but enough to be a major concern.
    No other western democracy would keep an imbecile like Trump in power.
    Did you hear him last week in the meeting with the nurses blaming the previous administration for lack of PPE.
    He has been in power for three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Why mention the sex of the reporters? Do you know how they identify?

Well, Trump assumes one identifies as Chinese - even though she is from West Virginia.

joe40 wrote: »
    The fact that Trump is still in contention to win in November says a lot about the incredible stupidity of vast numbers of the American electorate. Not them all and not necessarily the majority, but enough to be a major concern.
    No other western democracy would keep an imbecile like Trump in power.
    Did you hear him last week in the meeting with the nurses blaming the previous administration for lack of PPE.
    He has been in power for three years.

I think you might not be able to see the forest for the trees. If you think the years of hot potato between FF and FG show the Irish electorate in a better light, you are sorely mistaken or have bought into a fallacy

• Advertisement

Well, Trump assumes one identifies as Chinese - even though she is from West Virginia.

That in no way answered my questions. I asked why did YOU mention their SEX? Do you know how they identify?

Advertisement