Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

I live here in one of the worst affected states, heading back to Ireland at end of the month, have had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1261747580666552320

What can you say at this stage? He's not well.

It's best for the world that this debasement of leadership, common sense and basic decency ends in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I mean I just don't see a gun as a solution to being mugged for example. I would rather have my wallet stolen than shoot the perpetrator, that is ignoring the increased danger of me getting shot because I've introduced an extra gun to the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Gun control is not the issue.

They are bringing their guns to these protests to intimidate. The tough guy with the gun.

And yet it never even crosses their minds that they are the ones going against what is best for America. Instead of toughening it out over this time, they have to bitch and moan about how awful it all is. For themselves.

No consideration of their fellow Americans, no care for their fellow Americans that have died or become seriously I'll or lost a loved one.

No, it's all terrible because they have to make a sacrifice. Poor me. I can't go to my favourite bar!

And they like to think themselves as patriotic, as soldiers. They wouldn't last 2 minutes as a soldier acting like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: There are other threads to discuss gun control - this is not it. Back on topic please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's best for the world that this debasement of leadership, common sense and basic decency ends in November.

To not quote hedda hopper "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about".

He has no self awareness or indeed awareness at all. He is his own lead character in a film/TV series/comic book.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The man is actually POTUS. He doesn't need to make believe.

He needs to ask himself, why when faced with a common enemy and threat to the whole world does he have to use a movie instead of video of himself?

Where is his speech urging the people to greater than than themselves? Instead he has spent hours lying, making stuff up and in some cases even denting there is a problem.

Imagine that scene, but instead of the speech, the POTUS stands up and says it's all Chinas fault and no point doing anything because even if he helps the media are just out to get him.

Of yeah, and thanks for trying to help, but let's forget about the aliens, it's time to get back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,136 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Wow, didn't think he could get there, but that is another level of fúcking creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

That's just exceptionally weird, but his base will lap it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The president of the USA tweeting that as tens of thousands of people are dying during one of the biggest crisis in the country's history

Not one f*ck does he give about them

The MAGA morons will lap it up I suppose *shrug*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

How can you not laugh at that. Hilarious stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Billy Mays wrote: »
    The president of the USA tweeting that as tens of thousands of people are dying during one of the biggest crisis in the country's history

Not one f*ck does he give about them

The MAGA morons will lap it up I suppose *shrug*

Who are the maga morons though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The people who lap that up

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    That's just exceptionally weird, but his base will lap it up

What do you mean his base will lap it up?

I'm not his base and I found it hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I like the "from Mad ObamaGate Liberals" link. What is going on in the White House!

2u2me wrote: »

I guess his base actually respect the guy. We laugh at him and find it hilarious to watch it unfold. But they actually respect him and think he's great!

At this stage, given the crisis that the US is facing. I honestly can't find his ineptitude funny. It honestly seems like he doesn't care about those who are dying. His priority is solely November.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I guess his base actually respect the guy. We laugh at him and find it hilarious to watch it unfold. But they actually respect him and think he's great!

I don't think his base see it as a reflection of reality. It's funny that his detractors are taking it as such.

It's funny precisely because it doesn't reflect reality.

Trump would never make a speech like that.
    We are not facing annihilation.

The entire twitter feed is lit up with comments about 'this is how he sees himself', not from conservative types.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The problem with that line of thinking is that you can't pick and choose which parts of the constitution you should respect.

Freedom of the press is in the constitution but many seem to be happy enough to call them enemy of the people and say they should not report this way or that way.

If you accept the constitution for guns then press freedom must also be accepted.

This is Trumps America, Remember in 2017 when NPR was accused of being anti Trump for tweeting the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/07/05/us/npr-twitter-declaration-trnd/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭threeball

The mental health crisis in the US is finally playing itself out in the Whitehouse

I don't think his base see it as a reflection of reality.

I meant more, they are laughing with him as they have a lot of respect for Trump and we are laughing at him as we do not have a lot of respect for the man.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Clicks and views pay the bills nowadays not advertising.

What do you mean by this?

I meant more, they are laughing with him as they have a lot of respect for Trump and we are laughing at him as we do not have a lot of respect for the man.
    Some of the responses to the meme in this thread:
    • "he's not well"
    • "he has no self-awareness"
    • "He doesn't need to make believe"
    • "another level of fúcking creepy"
    • "exceptionally weird"

I don't see his detractors laughing. I guess its true what they say;
    Political correctness is the death of comedy.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

QED

• Registered Users Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If you have ever watched Trump being questioned by the media most of the questions are normal enough. Then some journalist looking for a gotcha moment will ask something stupid hoping for a reaction.
    Something to generate clicks and revenue. As bad as the like of rte are they are not a patch on American media.

That goes both ways with fox news too. They are divisive and deal in sensationalism.

The big difference is that RTE/TG4 is state owned. They do not have to be sensationalist to sell a message. Whereas CNN/Fox do. They are privately owned. It is a similar mindset to the British red top tabloids.
    So the serious message gets lost.

You only have to look at the nature of programmes Virgin Media/TV3 pushes out to show the majority demographic and types they aim for. Lots of 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' Traveller Programmes. British soaps and so on. Fluff stuff mostly.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

The big difference is that RTE/TG4 is state owned. They do not have to be sensationalist to sell a message. Whereas CNN/Fox do. They are privately owned. It is a similar mindset to the British red top tabloids.
    So the serious message gets lost.

You only have to look at the nature of programmes Virgin Media/TV3 pushes out to show the majority demographic and types they aim for. Lots of 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' Traveller Programmes. British soaps and so on. Fluff stuff mostly.

Pretty much spot on. Some folk think the like of CNN or fox is "news".
    Fox going to town on Fauchi the other evening. That tucker Carlson is a horrible individual. People will lap it up.
    CNN and MSNBC have a horn for Trump bashing. It's relentless.
    They are all dirt

What do you mean by this?

Apologies I misspoke. I meant that advertising during the broadcasts is way down. Money is made now by publishing the most sensationalistic clips possible to attract likes and views. The ads featured in these clips are where the money is made. Boring news doesn't make money. It's got to be divisive, exciting and fit right into people's confirmation bias.
    Trump is a news organisations dream.

The journal loves a trump article. It's paying the bills.
    "Trump says vaccine may come soon"
    Comments: He so stupid. Americans are dumb. He is orange etc etc.
    It's garbage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

Pretty much spot on. Some folk think the like of CNN or fox is "news".
    Fox going to town on Fauchi the other evening. That tucker Carlson is a horrible individual. People will lap it up.
    CNN and MSNBC have a horn for Trump bashing. It's relentless.
    They are all dirt

Why is tucker Carlson a horrible individual?

• Advertisement

Why is tucker Carlson a horrible individual?

He's a divisive POS who happily pushes half stories and biased opinion as "news"

The left v right corporate owned media are half the problem with American politics.

Left v right are like enemies now. The media pushes it for financial gain

Advertisement