Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

Firstly Biden won zero debates
    Bernie was treated as badly this time as in 2016 the dem leadership and their backers don’t want a radical like sanders In the White House

Also ted Cruz is liked in Texas where O’Rourke put up a good show
    My point was in a O’Rourke v trump race O’Rourke would have a some chance
    Biden has zero chance because he has early dementia and looks old
    As opposed to the fresh looking Trump who is aware of what is going at any times? Biden comes across a lot more knowledgeable than Trump. Not that that is a bar worth talking about. Biden does not have dementia. We had the same tripe about Hilary 4 years ago. Stick a new record on.

Bernie was treated fairly. People didn't vote for him which I disagree with but the dnc did nothing to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What is this rubbish about Biden being old and senile when he's only 4 years older than Trump?! If anyone is showing signs of losing their mental faculties then it's Trump not Biden.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

Did you see his interview where he stated America had millions of deaths and 85000 lost jobs

When questioned about the sexual attack allegations and his own previous held belief all women should be believed he responded with - if you believe her then don’t vote for me
    He is goosed

But is Biden a ringer - is this smoke and mirrors and he will be replaced
    I cannot believe Biden is the dems best chance at Beating trump
    Or maybe the dems don’t want to win but want to win both houses and then win in 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Just from general chats with people here, Sanders would have had a way better chance at beating Trump, just like last time. I don't understand why the democratic party won't give him a chance, how there is such a disconnect between the party and a lot of their base. The people I know all would prefer Bernie as the candidate over Biden. It will be the same as last time, people throwing away their vote by voting for an independent over the sub par democratic candidate and Trump will end up winning again

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Just from general chats with people here, Sanders would have had a way better chance at beating Trump, just like last time. I don't understand why the democratic party won't give him a chance, how there is such a disconnect between the party and a lot of their base. The people I know all would prefer Bernie as the candidate over Biden. It will be the same as last time, people throwing away their vote by voting for an independent over the sub par democratic candidate and Trump will end up winning again

You should possibly talk to the people that voted for Biden then. He got a lot more votes than Bernie. Again this seems really really obvious to me but maybe there is a disconnect between the people you talk to and the Democrats base? I am presuming you don't know the majority of them?

Let's be fair about this Trump is responsible for thousands of deaths and can't get the US working again but his dysfunctional administration couldn't respond in a meaningful way quick enough. That is who Biden is up against. Now as well Trump has dragged Obama into it who is still incredibly popular which Trump has never been. Any who throw their votes away should be made explain why they want a repeat of this regime to mess up the next 4 years for the US as well.

The dnc gave him a chance. Biden isn't the greatest candidate imo however his greatest flaw is that he is right wing which is likely a help in the largely right wing US.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I'm gonna blame it's early of a Sunday, but you've lost me !

You made the point that his detractors were laughing at him. I was merely pointing out how they weren't laughing. they were taking the video as close to literally as they possibly could.
    hetuzozaho wrote: »
    we are laughing at him as we do not have a lot of respect for the man.
    ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I actually cannot believe some of the replies. There are people in there who believe he's actually made that speech.

The replies to that tweet were mostly from Trump's detractors outraged at that video. Outraged, not laughing.

Hence why I said political correctness is the death of comedy; that's exactly what an outraged reaction to that video is, political correctness gone mad.

Its a joke, laugh, move on. All these cries of being mentally sick are not just unfathomably ridiculous, but disrespectful to those with genuine mental illness'.
    (Not saying from you specifically, there are dozens of examples in this thread)
    Christy42 wrote: »
    Trump and his base are not anti political correctness.

What makes you think that exactly? Political correctness are his two favourite words.

‘Donald Trump made opposition to political correctness one of his flagship election policies.’ The Guardian.
    'The problem with Trump's assault on political correctness is that...' CNN
    "And this political correctness is just absolutely killing us as a country. You can't say anything. Anything you say today, they'll find a reason why it's not good."-Trump
    "We've become stupidly politically correct which has become the death of comedy. It's not good for comedy. Comedy has to walk a thin line, take risks," Regarding the portrayal of racial prejudice in his film 'Blazing Saddles' from 1974 the director said "Without that the movies would not have nearly the significance, the force, the dynamism and the stakes that were contained in it". -Mel Brooks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Did you see his interview where he stated [/b]America had millions of deaths and 85000 lost jobs [/b]

When questioned about the sexual attack allegations and his own previous held belief all women should be believed he responded with - if you believe her then don’t vote for me
    He is goosed

But is Biden a ringer - is this smoke and mirrors and he will be replaced
    I cannot believe Biden is the dems best chance at Beating trump
    Or maybe the dems don’t want to win but want to win both houses and then win in 2024

So he meant to say 85000 deaths and millions of jobs lost, he mixed up a couple of numbers and this proves he has dementia? How many Times has Trump messed up and said the wrong thing? Covfefe anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭dogbert27

28501368-8328527-image-a-38_1589735559413.jpg

Cuomo again showing leadership. You wouldn't see Trump doing this for the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭dogbert27

The Trump family are truly disgusting.

Say anything you want about anything and anyone and then at the end say you were being sarcastic or you were only joking. This is called bullying in any other sphere.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8328671/Don-Jr-calls-Biden-pedophile-Instagram-brother-Eric-says-coronavirus-Democrat-ploy.html#comments

"Don Jr, 42, on Saturday posted a meme calling Joe Biden a pedophile
    Eric Trump told Fox News that Democrats are 'milking' COVID-19 to hurt his dad
    He said his father was prevented from holding rallies in stadiums during crisis
    Don Jr on Sunday claimed he was joking, but then doubled down on claims"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

dogbert27 wrote: »
    28501368-8328527-image-a-38_1589735559413.jpg

Cuomo again showing leadership. You wouldn't see Trump doing this for the people.

Of course you wouldn't, him visibly allowing himself be tested would be completely at odds with the lies and propaganda his supporters are eating up.

Kinda ironic considering hes a notorious germaphobe and is undoubtedly being tested multiple times per week since this started.

• Advertisement

So he meant to say 85000 deaths and millions of jobs lost, he mixed up a couple of numbers and this proves he has dementia? How many Times has Trump messed up and said the wrong thing? Covfefe anyone?

your right, it is an easy mistake to make if you are suffering from dementia.

Trump must have dementia for the last 4 years if we are going by your standards.

I had thought this was a different thread. What does Biden's health have to do with the US response to the coronavirus pandemic?

I had thought this was a different thread. What does Biden's health have to do with the US response to the coronavirus pandemic?

Nothing

Trumps zealots just like to throw out this idiotic "Biden has dementia " line when ever they can.

Trump must have dementia for the last 4 years if we are going by your standards.

that makes no sense. this link does.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1895156,00.html

enjoy

Nothing

Trumps zealots just like to throw out this idiotic "Biden has dementia " line when ever they can.

this thread is to discuss Americas response to the virus?

i thought it was so posters could make themselves feel good by attacking the president of a foreign country?

this thread is to discuss Americas response to the virus?

i thought it was so posters could make themselves feel good by attacking the president of a foreign country?

Attacking an American president for doing a bad job of organising the American response to the coronavirus. Or to be fair most of the damage he did was in gutting various departments who might have been able to help.

I am not sure why you need to point out foreign. We are hardly going to discuss what effect Higgens has had on the American response so I really would have thought the foreign was implied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

2u2me wrote: »
    You made the point that his detractors were laughing at him. I was merely pointing out how they weren't laughing. they were taking the video as close to literally as they possibly could.

Well I was laughing at him, as were others, as in he is a fool for putting up such a Tweet.

I misunderstood and looks like you found comedic value in the tweet. Apologies.

Attacking an American president for doing a bad job of organising the American response to the coronavirus. Or to be fair most of the damage he did was in gutting various departments who might have been able to help.

I am not sure why you need to point out foreign. We are hardly going to discuss what effect Higgens has had on the American response so I really would have thought the foreign was implied.

ireland death rate per 1m pop 313
    usa death rate per 1 m pop 275

please point me towards thread which discusses the bad job leo the dope is doing and the damage caused by leo in gutting various departments who could have helped.

all the anti trumpians like you and timberrrr are easy to spot and easy to wind up - you just have to state facts.

weirdly anti trumpians actually use trumps own play book to get their point across.
    like trump, truth and facts are whatever they say they are.
    very funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

please point me towards thread which discusses the bad job leo the dope is doing and the damage caused by leo in gutting various departments who could have helped.

all the anti trumpians like you and timberrrr are easy to spot and easy to wind up - you just have to state facts.

weirdly anti trumpians actually use trumps own play book to get their point across.
    very funny

Why are you so upset with the criticism of the leader of a different country, but ok with the ciriticsm of the leader of this country. Is your mind so colonised that you think you are American, and a MAGA hat wearing one at that? Sad.

It is of course possible to be critical of both, and bear in mind Ireland is twice as densely populated as the US.

FVP3 wrote: »
    Why are you so upset with the criticism of the leader of a different country, but ok with the ciriticsm of the leader of this country. Is your mind so colonised that you think you are American, and a MAGA hat wearing one at that? Sad.

It is of course possible to be critical of both, and bear in mind Ireland is twice as densely populated as the US.

perfect example of trumpian speak. your post made me a smile, thanks.
    why do some of us always imitate what we secretly admire.

very funny

I believe that would be in the general coronavirus thread. I mean did you really come I to the Trump thread to complain about a lack of discussion about Leo Varadkar? Somehow I question this pretty heavily. Kind of weird people here want to discuss anything but what Trump has done.

I see you failed to mention the facts that Ireland has been incredibly aggressive at counting suspected deaths. Or indeed that Ireland is more densely populated. Or that deaths per million over the last few weeks has been much higher in the states than in Ireland and so it is worryingly catching up. Or that testing per million is much lower in the US than in Ireland and so we are more likely to catch these figures. Since you like stating facts.

By the way for all your giving out about people not talking about Varadkar. Your original discussion was trying to get everyone talking about Biden instead. Now suddenly we shouldn't be so preoccupied with foreign politics?

very funny

Ermmmm

You do realise I don't live in ireland right?

Embarrassing rant is embarrassing.

I believe that would be in the general coronavirus thread. I mean did you really come I to the Trump thread to complain about a lack of discussion about Leo Varadkar? Somehow I question this pretty heavily. Kind of weird people here want to discuss anything but what Trump has done.

I see you failed to mention the facts that Ireland has been incredibly aggressive at counting suspected deaths. Or indeed that Ireland is more densely populated. Or that deaths per million over the last few weeks has been much higher in the states than in Ireland and so it is worryingly catching up. Or that testing per million is much lower in the US than in Ireland and so we are more likely to catch these figures. Since you like stating facts.

Is new york city more densely populated place then ireland. ???

i only use the facts i get from worldometers.com
    while worldometer is not perfect there is zero factual basis for your post suggestions above. zero.

maybe in time when he have full reviews and inquiries into the figures you may be proved right - but now you are posting what you hope is true.
    the more that die in america the better to make your point that trump is responsible for everyone.
    actually quite sad.

Ermmmm

You do realise I don't live in ireland right?

Embarrassing rant is embarrassing.

how would i realise that? i dont go around checking peoples profiles and snooping their post history.

where are you based and you better say USA or else it will moot your point.

the tension is quite real. please dont say america

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The generic threads have a lot of discussion on Irish response. Probably best place for them?

Then there's more specific ones e.g. one on the UK, Sweden specific too.
    There's this one on US.

Seems logical enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So Lord, is your position that Trump is handling the crisis reasonably well? It is hard to tell from your posts which more intent on talking about anything else.

Is new york city more densely populated place then ireland. ???

i only use the facts i get from worldometers.com
    while worldometer is not perfect there is zero factual basis for your post suggestions above. zero.

maybe in time when he have full reviews and inquiries into the figures you may be proved right - but now you are posting what you hope is true.
    the more that die in america the better to make your point that trump is responsible for everyone.
    actually quite sad.
    Great. To make your point you use the death rate for the entire US. The population density of New York and we are just throwing the testing numbers out the window (note that they are on worldometer.). That seems like a totally legit way of looking at this and not at all entirely dishonest. I am just surprised you didn't mix in the absolute value of tests done on top.

You only use evidence from worldometer and yet you decide my facts from worldometer have no factual basis? Check the testing numbers again and tell me they have no factual basis. Check the historical numbers deaths for Ireland and the US and tell me the US hasn't had a higher death rate over the last few weeks.

Come on then. I gave you several facts. Which of them has no basis in factual truth.

It isn't my fault your source doesn't agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

lets look at another stat shall we?

Irelands test rate is 52486 per 1 million
    The US is 35943 per 1 million

A lower test rate couldn't possibly be affecting the death rate though.......

Well the main coronavirus thread which is on its 17th iteration at this stage would be a good first start.

Its funny how those who support the tories are as equally obsessed with deflection and whataboutery in the UK thread as you are in here.

Advertisement