Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Not to mention that deaths in America are still increasing daily. Won’t be long before they pass everyone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

how would i realise that? i dont go around checking peoples profiles and snooping their post history.

where are you based and you better say USA or else it will moot your point.

the tension is quite real. please dont say america

Nope I live in the UK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Irish people have a look over there mentality. Trump and Brexit are great distractions.

Boris has long hair. Trump is orange.

How's all in Ireland? Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Irish people have a look over there mentality. Trump and Brexit are great distractions.

Boris has long hair. Trump is orange.

How's all in Ireland? Not great.

Things bad everywhere. Politically, which country has better governance? For me, Ireland by a country mile.

Things bad everywhere. Politically, which country has better governance? For me, Ireland by a country mile.

Wait until the austerity kicks in. Won't be any austerity in the US. Congress about to drop another 3 Trillion into the economy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

Nope I live in the UK.

So my original post stands ?
    Will you apologise?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

this thread and thousands of other related posts.

This is my first and last contribution...

https://youtu.be/-8aiUI0eyDs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Will you apologise?

From quick glance at your posting history you seem to have been discussing other countries rugby teams in both a positive and negative light.....

How very dare you have an opinion and proceed to discuss the performance of teams from another country on a discussion forum and in threads related to that very topic......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

Wait until the austerity kicks in. Won't be any austerity in the US. Congress about to drop another 3 Trillion into the economy.

I bloody well hope not!!

Food prices are already going up dramatically.

People are loosing their homes and their rental property and this will only get worse.

Food banks (yes in the richest country in the world) are crying out for money.

The Dems want to drop another 3 trillion on the tax payers and devalue the Dollar making imports (food etc) MORE expensive???

Absolutely crazy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not sure the almost 40 million people that already live in poverty there would agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

When the republicans in the Senate swat that $3tn bill down will you be blaming them for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

NSAman wrote: »
    The Dems want to drop another 3 trillion on the tax payers and devalue the Dollar making imports (food etc) MORE expensive???

Absolutely crazy!!!

It might actually go to good use in a crisis. What are your thoughts in the debt rising $6tn in the last 3.5 years of Trump and the use of said debt increases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Will you apologise?

You are asking him to apologise about posting about the American response to the virus in a thread thats designed to talk about the American response to the virus?
    It might actually go to good use in a crisis. What are your thoughts in the debt rising $6tn in the last 3.5 years of Trump and the use of said debt increases?

The trump deficit is ok because MAGA.

FVP3 wrote: »
    You are asking him to apologise about posting about the American response to the virus in a thread thats designed to talk about the American response to the virus?

The trump deficit is ok because MAGA.

First part of your post is factually incorrect
    My original post was why were people so angry and emotional about a president of a foreign country

He responded that he was not in Ireland implying he was in America etc etc

Turns out he is in England and so my original post still stood and I jokingly asked for an apology

Will you now apologise for sticking your oar in without taking the time to fully grasp what was going on

VinLieger wrote: »
    From quick glance at your posting history you seem to have been discussing other countries rugby teams in both a positive and negative light.....

How very dare you have an opinion and proceed to discuss the performance of teams from another country on a discussion forum and in threads related to that very topic......

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/1262479591211499527?s=19

Of course he has :rolleyes: Hopefully the side effects include him losing his ability to talk and tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Of course he has :rolleyes: Hopefully the side effects include him losing his ability to talk and tweet.
    Why is he pushing this drug so hard? It seems to do very little for the virus, and has some serious side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Here's a clip of the bit where he said it:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1262481828910444550

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

First part of your post is factually incorrect
    My original post was why were people so angry and emotional about a president of a foreign country

Discussing the American response is literally what this thread is about. Very little of the posting is angry and emotional except the cretinous defenders of Trump..
    He responded that he was not in Ireland implying he was in America etc etc

He didn't imply that at all. He responded to your question about why "people in Ireland" need to discuss this by pointing out he wasn't in Ireland. There are hundreds of countries that aren't the US or Ireland. Buy a map, or a globe.
    Turns out he is in England and so my original post still stood and I jokingly asked for an apology

He didn't say he was in England. The UK is not England. You cant even get that right.
    Will you now apologise for sticking your oar in without taking the time to fully grasp what was going on

Quit asking people to apologise to you for pointing out the inanity of your posts. And I wont ask you to apologise for trolling a thread about the American response by asking why people are talking about the American response, because that takes me to your level of inanity..

That said I am inclined to report such posts as they are clearly against the spirit of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

hydroxychloroquine is not at all recommended for anyone with heart conditions, Trump has coronary artery disease due to elevated plaque levels in the blood supply lines to the heart, typical of his age. It can also make you blind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

hydroxychloroquine is not at all recommended for anyone with heart conditions, Trump has coronary artery disease due to elevated plaque levels in the blood supply lines to the heart, typical of his age. It can also make you blind

Must not say it....must not think it....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If this was Obama in power could you imagine the different tack Fox News would be taking?

You'd have a 24/7 death toll counter in the corner of the screen and they'd be screaming incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I was going to say could you imagine any other world leader doing something so potentially dangerous against his own medical teams advice - then I remembered....! That stunt landed Boris Johnson in hospital and he still looks worse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

If this was Obama in power could you imagine the different tack Fox News would be taking?

You'd have a 24/7 death toll counter in the corner of the screen and they'd be screaming incompetence.

Indeed. The amount of pics I saw showing his record vs h1n1 was astonishing. They disappeared when Trump blew past the death count from that for some reason.

On the random drug Trump has chosen to push he isn't taking it. He is a proven liar and he simply has money coming in from this somewhere or a friend does. Who knows. There is no medical reason to take it so it is not on advice from Fauci he is pushing it. So it is either he is making money off of it or he just believed some random YouTube video he watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

So fox would be doing exactly what CNN is doing now then? Yeah, no ****. It bothers me that I can't just watch the news here, or even a fecking late night talk show without it being non stop political propaganda. Both sides are as bad as each other really. Its very annoying.

FVP3 wrote: »
    Discussing the American response is literally what this thread is about. Very little of the posting is angry and emotional except the cretinous defenders of Trump..

He didn't imply that at all. He responded to your question about why "people in Ireland" need to discuss this by pointing out he wasn't in Ireland. There are hundreds of countries that aren't the US or Ireland. Buy a map, or a globe.

He didn't say he was in England. The UK is not England. You cant even get that right.

Quit asking people to apologise to you for pointing out the inanity of your posts. And I wont ask you to apologise for trolling a thread about the American response by asking why people are talking about the American response, because that takes me to your level of inanity..

That said I am inclined to report such posts as they are clearly against the spirit of this thread.

You yourself are posting in an angry and emotional way which I find very strange
    Why do you care so much about Donald trump
    The aggression in the rest of your post is I think very weird and personal
    I will say this - what is the spirit of this thread. Obviously it’s just another anti trump thread.
    It’s creepy really creepy To see so many posters not discussing America’s response but just posting non factual, gossip and dare I say it fake news

Ireland has a higher death rate then America from this virus
    A real Fact that cant be explained away easily by jibber jabber

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You yourself are posting in an angry and emotional way which I find very strange
    Why do you care so much about Donald trump
    The aggression in the rest of your post is I think very weird and personal
    I will say this - what is the spirit of this thread. Obviously it’s just another anti trump thread.
    It’s creepy really creepy To see so many posters not discussing America’s response but just posting non factual, gossip and dare I say it fake news

Ireland has a higher death rate then America from this virus
    A real Fact that cant be explained away easily by jibber jabber
    Stick to the topic which is not other users (and you seem to be getting more "personal" than others), nor the Leo/Ireland response

• Registered Users Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    So fox would be doing exactly what CNN is doing now then? Yeah, no ****. It bothers me that I can't just watch the news here, or even a fecking late night talk show without it being non stop political propaganda. Both sides are as bad as each other really. Its very annoying.

Doesn't make them any less a bunch of monumental hypocrites.

Plus Fox News would have gone after a Dem in a much more underhanded, obnoxious and low brow way than either MSNBC or CNN go after Trump.

That's their audience - generally on the ignorant side of the spectrum. Fox' agenda is to keep them that way.

NSAman wrote: »
    I bloody well hope not!!

Food prices are already going up dramatically.

People are loosing their homes and their rental property and this will only get worse.

Food banks (yes in the richest country in the world) are crying out for money.

Absolutely crazy!!!

If you don't put money back in in the form of grants then people won't have jobs to go back to. Business fail. Game over.

See how the Dow has recovered much of its dump yet the economic news is getting worse? That's bailout money trying to keep the markets positive.
    Federal reserve and central banks are hoping to keep this fake "stability" going until business gets going again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,558 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

ceadaoin. wrote: »

CNN are not perfect, they have their own opinions, but I don't think you can compare the 2 just so to say both sides are at it.

It's a spin on Trumps' There are good people on both sides comments'.

Advertisement