Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

CNN are not perfect, they have their own opinions, but I don't think you can compare the 2 just so to say both sides are at it.

It's a spin on Trumps' There are good people on both sides comments'.

No, its not a spin on that all. Not everyone who isn't chomping at the bit to attack trump at every opportunity is a supporter of him you know. I don't watch fox news at all. It wouldn't be my cup of tea. I do watch CNN but I'm increasingly turning it off because of the presenters literally ranting on air. From what I hear, fox are the same. Is that what counts for "news" these days? It just gets tiresome

• Registered Users Posts: 21,558 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    No, its not a spin on that all. Not everyone who isn't chomping at the bit to attack trump at every opportunity is a supporter of him you know. I don't watch fox news at all. It wouldn't be my cup of tea. I do watch CNN but I'm increasingly turning it off because of the presenters literally ranting on air. From what I hear, fox are the same. Is that what counts for "news" these days? It just gets tiresome

You should maybe watch both.

CNN are saying here is what is happening, and here is why it's so bad.
    Fox are not saying what's happening, because it's so bad.

That's the difference. I don't care, I wouldn't form an opinion based solely on either but to excuse Fox because they must all be at it is giving them a free pass.

And this needs to be highlighted so much because the media still is hugely important and Trump is the one trying to undermine that fact and so anything which makes it easier for him to do that, I think is a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Nancy Pelosi just called Trump morbidly obese

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1262548699051364354

Oh he won't like that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Obesity is one of the most at risk groups with corona and Trump is fond of his cheeseburgers; but Pelosi is not a doctor and the reason for this tweet is clearly not to show concern for Trump(or to report news) but to attack his ego.

Childish stuff. Anderson Cooper is a hack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

nobody who is a fair independent thinker should like that.

and what has it got to do with americas response to the covid virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Donnie fanboys getting all upset because Pelosi said something mean about him

Self awareness straight out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

nobody who is a fair independent thinker should like that.

and what has it got to do with americas response to the covid virus?

She is talking about the risks of taking the drug that Trump is pushing as a cure for corona virus.

Should think like what? She is obviously laying out that Donald has health risk factors and taking random medication is a bad idea in this case.

I wouldn't be so worried. There are a team of doctors in the white house who have told Donnie not to take the stuff. My money is on him lieong about taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

2u2me wrote: »
    Obesity is one of the most at risk groups with corona and Trump is fond of his cheeseburgers; but Pelosi is not a doctor and the reason for this tweet is clearly not to show concern for Trump(or to report news) but to attack his ego.

No the reason for it is because morbid obesity is a extremely high risk group with that drug and Trump is in it. If she was in it for cheap shots, there is daily ammunition for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I wonder did Trump blurt that out as the Whistleblowers keep coming to the fore, as questions on US Covid Data begin to emerge. Its not unusual for Trump to say something so utterly stupid before larger news breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,978 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Pelosi is not a doctor

Unlike Doctor Donald who is openly recommending an unproven drug to millions.

Christy42 wrote: »
    She is talking about the risks of taking the drug that Trump is pushing as a cure for corona virus.

Should think like what? She is obviously laying out that Donald has health risk factors and taking random medication is a bad idea in this case.

I wouldn't be so worried. There are a team of doctors in the white house who have told Donnie not to take the stuff. My money is on him lieong about taking it.

some clarity

"As far as the president is concerned, he's our president and I would rather he not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists, especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group -- what is it, morbidly obese they say. So I don't think that's a good idea," Pelosi told CNN anchor Anderson Cooper before he moved on to another question.

some clarity

"As far as the president is concerned, he's our president and I would rather he not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists, especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group -- what is it, morbidly obese they say. So I don't think that's a good idea," Pelosi told CNN anchor Anderson Cooper before he moved on to another question.

This agrees with my post??

She is pointing out that is a bad idea for Trump to be taking medication not recommended by doctors. This is not groundbreaking. Especially when you are at further risk of the side effects. Again not groundbreaking. She says she would rather he didn't take bad risks with his life. Again I don't see an issue.

The relevance to the response is that the unnecessary drug Donald is claiming he is taking is what he has been pushing as a corona virus cure when it isn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I hope she tweets vitriol about Trump every day from now until November. Its veracity is of no relevance. Just destroy the egotistical manchild and his corrupt administration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Completely pointless watching CNN for any level headed discussions on anything. They are just as bad as Fox when it comes to news.

Is she wrong? She used the medical term so it is a fact or not. Telling it like it is is I believe the relevant phrase.

It isn't like she called him miss piggy so something low brow like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

If Trump said that Americans should get more Vit D , black umbrellas would sell out. Its a pity the media cant be reasonable when they ought to be reasonable instead of being partisan hacks all the time.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Completely pointless watching CNN for any level headed discussions on anything. They are just as bad as Fox when it comes to news.

The US has been reduced to a soap opera by Trump, we all wait for the next episode. Pelosi was right to point out the danger of the supposed remedy before half the country’s taking it.
    He might not be taking it but merely have an interest in who’s producing it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,978 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

silverharp wrote: »
    If Trump said that Americans should get more Vit D , black umbrellas would sell out. Its a pity the media cant be reasonable when they ought to be reasonable instead of being partisan hacks all the time.

Fox?

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    This agrees with my post??

She is pointing out that is a bad idea for Trump to be taking medication not recommended by doctors. This is not groundbreaking. Especially when you are at further risk of the side effects. Again not groundbreaking. She says she would rather he didn't take bad risks with his life. Again I don't see an issue.

The relevance to the response is that the unnecessary drug Donald is claiming he is taking is what he has been pushing as a corona virus cure when it isn't one.

sure it does

especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group -- what is it, morbidly obese they say

trump never said it was a cure for corona virus - that is not factual. he never said it was a cure.

Boggles wrote: »
    Fox?

they all are a the end of the day but I think the award should go to CNN and MSNBC

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    they all are a the end of the day but I think the award should go to CNN and MSNBC

what happened CNN?
    i used to live in the states 15 years ago - CNN was a fairly straight forward news channel, yes it leaned left but i used to watch it for my news.
    what will they do when trump goes? when he goes will CNN shut down?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

some clarity

Is there anything untrue in what she said?

what happened CNN?
    i used to live in the states 15 years ago - CNN was a fairly straight forward news channel, yes it leaned left but i used to watch it for my news.

No.

I wonder is he lying about taking the drug? Should be an interesting few days! He really does deliver on the car crash press conferences like no other!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I don't think she should have put in the morbidly obese part. It is exactly the sort of thing Trump does with his silly mocking names, but there is no need to go down to his level.
    It was a cheap shot

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

joe40 wrote: »
    I don't think she should have put in the morbidly obese part. It is exactly the sort of thing Trump does with his silly mocking names, but there is no need to go down to his level.
    It was a cheap shot

It is also true.

what happened CNN?

there is no money in the middle I guess and cable news is dying , but their business model is to be anti Trump. If you were to do cold analysis its clear they they dont give every story a fair shake.

joe40 wrote: »
    It was a cheap shot

Yeah I don't get the making fun of people's appearance being ok when you don't like them. His weight, hair and the whole orange man thing is out of order imo.

• Advertisement

It is also true.

I dont know about the morbid part, thats classed as a BMI of 40

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/shortcuts/2019/feb/15/does-donald-trump-waistline-back-up-claims-hes-the-healthiest-president-ever
    He is? He is. The results of his physical were quietly released on Thursday, and it has revealed that he weighs 243lb.

I don’t know what that means. It means he weighs 110kg. It means he weighs more than 17 stone.

And that makes him obese? Just about. Trump claims to be 6ft 3in tall, and if that’s the case, it means he has a BMI of 30.4. Officially, anything over 30 qualifies as obese.

Advertisement