Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

what happened CNN?
    i used to live in the states 15 years ago - CNN was a fairly straight forward news channel, yes it leaned left but i used to watch it for my news.
    what will they do when trump goes? when he goes will CNN shut down?

Nothing happened to it. This is a republican talking point, all news is bad, but "their" news is worse.

You can head up onto the fox news and cnn website at any time and see the differences. CNN reports on what Trump says, highlighting past contradictory statements and actions by Trump. Fox News leaves out the contradictory stuff or gives it a one liner followed immediately by a rebuttal from Trump.

What is weird is how this morally corrupt thinking has spread to places like Ireland. Its like a cancer in how it spreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

sure it does

especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group -- what is it, morbidly obese they say

trump never said it was a cure for corona virus - that is not factual. he never said it was a cure.

Indeed. But he absolutely pushed it as a cure without stating it was one. I never said he said it was a cure. So you may stop putting words in my mouth. And yes he absolutely is pushing it. He isn't claiming to be on medication in case of malaria. He is claiming he taking it for corona virus which is pushing it.

Again she used a medical term. Not an insult like miss piggy. Granted she does seem to be mistaken that Trump is merely an obese man instead of morbidly obese.

I think it a relevant talking point. If the president is taking drugs that interact badly with his weight then it is a severe health issue. And he claims he is taking drugs that interact badly with his weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Nothing happened to it. This is a republican talking point, all news is bad, but "their" news is worse.

You can head up onto the fox news and cnn website at any time and see the differences. CNN reports on what Trump says, highlighting past contradictory statements and actions by Trump. Fox News leaves out the contradictory stuff or gives it a one liner followed immediately by a rebuttal from Trump.

What is weird is how this morally corrupt thinking has spread to places like Ireland. Its like a cancer in how it spreads.

You can't be serious?

Even the dog in the street knows that CNN's coverage is more supportive of the Democrats!

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

https://cbs12.com/news/local/woman-who-designed-floridas-covid-19-dashboard-has-been-removed-from-her-position?fbclid=IwAR0_vzXJgyqSoLe0T7nNjsyFOBtJbAkZsu5UGlrYG_UTCEfUaL-AH7ThHVU

Looks like there's an attempt to cook the books in Florida to show data supporting re-opening. An official who was key in showing open data has been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not Trump/America related as such because it's twitter on both sides of the atlantic but the anti vaxx right wingers are outdoing themselves on the hydroxychloroquine stuff. Apparently "big pharma" dont want it getting out about it being a cure and are just anti Trump. Without any sense of irony that Sanofi produced the drug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

VinLieger wrote: »
    There is no way he is the combination of weight and height he claims he is

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/01/16/doctor-says-trump-is-6-3-239-pounds-and-the-internet-has-so-many-athlete-comparisons/

He lies about everything

He is no Mary Harney or Cyril Smith, he certainly could lose a few pounds though

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    He is no Mary Harney or Cyril Smith, he certainly could lose a few pounds though

The issue isn't the weight. The issue is that he is claiming to be on medication that interacts badly with his weight. People can be fat. Trump is not the fattest person nor the first fat person in politics.

Though it has to be said it requires a special type of thick to be that fat and still insult others for being fat (miss piggy etc.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

There is no way he is the combination of weight and height he claims he is

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/01/16/doctor-says-trump-is-6-3-239-pounds-and-the-internet-has-so-many-athlete-comparisons/

He lies about everything

shock horror - person lies about his weight. call the cops.

Christy42 wrote: »
    The issue isn't the weight. The issue is that he is claiming to be on medication that interacts badly with his weight. People can be fat. Trump is not the fattest person nor the first fat person in politics.

Though it has to be said it requires a special type of thick to be that fat and still insult others for being fat (miss piggy etc.)

miss piggy insult was allegedly - meaning no proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Trump's announcement that he's taking Hydroxychloroquine has done what its supposes to do, it has flushed out those Politicians and Media personalities that are on the payroll of Big Pharma.
    These same Politicians and Media personalities are all pushing the story that a new cure or vaccine will be needed, no doubt a expensive one, meanwhile acknowledged expert in this type of virus, French Doctor Didier Raoult has stated from day one that hydroxychloroquine is both a preventative and cure treatment.
    Hydroxychloroquine is a old drug, no patent, and can me made for pennies, so do you see now why some Politicians and Media personalities are freaking out? No big pay day coming for them once Hydroxychloroquine is show to work on a very public figure

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Fantastic by Pelosi.

That will drive him and his mindless supporters round the bend.

He has called women fat, slobs, pigs and dogs so...

Fantastic by Pelosi.

That will drive him round the bend.

exactly - they are as bad as each other. just look at pelosi's reaction to bidens sex assault allegations. whatever happened to believe all women?

miss piggy insult was allegedly - meaning no proof.
    Yes and when he talked about it he talked about her weight gain and didn't deny it.

We can go with fat, ugly or horse faced if you like here. I am really not sure where you expected a reply to go but further into his many insults...

Fantastic by Pelosi.

That will drive him and his mindless supporters round the bend.

just Rosie O'Donnell :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

exactly - they are as bad as each other. just look at pelosi's reaction to bidens sex assault allegations. whatever happened to believe all women?

No they are not as bad as each other.

Trump is on a whole different level of debased.

just Rosie O'Donnell :pac:

just beat me to it. one of the greatest comedic lines ever uttered.

just beat me to it. one of the greatest comedic lines ever uttered.

It was essentially an escape room with no exit but he found the exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I hope she tweets vitriol about Trump every day from now until November. Its veracity is of no relevance. Just destroy the egotistical manchild and his corrupt administration.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
    -Mark Twain

Michelle Obama tried to warn everyone too. "When they go low, we go high."
    “Going low is easy, which is why people go to it,” Obama said. “It’s easy to go low. It’s easy to lead by fear. It’s easy to be divisive. It’s easy to make people feel afraid.

“That’s the easy thing and it’s also the short-term thing,” Obama said.

“For me, what I learned from my husband, what I learned from eight years in the White House, this life, this world, our responsibility in it is so much bigger than us. When I want to go low, it’s all about my own ego. It’s not about solving anything.... It’s about seeking revenge on the thing that happened to you.”
    Here

By going low, they stand less of a chance of beating him, not a greater chance.

It was essentially an escape room with no exit but he found the exit.

and exactly why he is an intelligent man. very quick mind.
    people might say he is a sexist, a bully, a coward, a liar and a thicko.
    trump is an enigma - who is he? what does he truly believe?

but he worked in construction in new york in the 1980s. i have family in new York and 2 of my cousins are retired nypd.
    they back up claims that the irish westies and the mafia were big players in the 80s in construction - running protection rackets and unions.
    trump played in their waters with killers and survived. to survive you would have to have no fear of these gangs.

how those gangs acted and behaved influenced greatly how trump acts and behaves.
    add in Roy Cohns and roger stones geniuses , many people might despise what they stand for but they were very clever political fixers.

Trump knows roy cohn was made suffer greatly near the end and will not make the same mistake as cohn. one of the best descriptions i read of trump is "trump a user of users".

he will make sure all both democratic and republican hands are filthy when he leaves

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
    -Mark Twain

Here

I would highlight that they went no where near Trump's level. Pelosi was stating medical facts about how the malaria drug Trump is trying to push interacts with weight. She wasn't going around calling anyone miss piggy here.

Taking the highroad and just accepting it when the bully hits you in the mouth every day doesn't always work. Sometimes you could gotta stand up to the bully. We know he is a cowardly man. He has tended to fall apart in 1 on 1 meetings with opposing leaders. He goes to pieces on twitter whenever he feels insulted.

I don't think meekly accepting whatever Trump throws at them is going to win it for the Dems. Trump is a bully and should be treated as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/boston-delays-reopening-due-to-coronavirus-antibody-study/

Interesting results from Boston. Antibody study there suggests that ony 10% of the population has been exposed to the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/health/coronavirus-antibody-prevalence.html

Slightly higher in NY at 20%. That's still an awful lot of people who can still be infected. Does anyone know what levels of contact tracing they are doing in the USA? From talking to my family there it seems not much and most people still aren't wearing masks. It would seem inevitable to me that with so many people still ripe for infection if schools and offices etc open back up they are going to see big increases in cases. They're still very much in the early stage of this pandemic. Is there a plan to avoid second and third waves?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And the other question they need to ask.

If Trump is so certain that this drug is the saviour, why has he not mandated that every vulnerable person gets it? Surely this is the answers, not only to save lives but to reopen the economy.

Get it to every person that could potentially suffer from this disease. Give it to all health care professionals so that they are not scared to go to work. Give it to their friends and families.

Why has he not done this yet? If he knows it works to even reduce the effects, then he is being negligent to not ensure that the rest of the country has access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

shock horror - person lies about his weight. call the cops.

No the president lied about his health

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No the president lied about his health

Every president in the last few decades has been seen out having early morning runs/cycles, never see Trump move at a slow pace onto a podium or towards his helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭threeball

Christy42 wrote: »
    Indeed. The amount of pics I saw showing his record vs h1n1 was astonishing. They disappeared when Trump blew past the death count from that for some reason.

On the random drug Trump has chosen to push he isn't taking it. He is a proven liar and he simply has money coming in from this somewhere or a friend does. Who knows. There is no medical reason to take it so it is not on advice from Fauci he is pushing it. So it is either he is making money off of it or he just believed some random YouTube video he watched.

Hes pushing it for one reason, if he can get enough fools convinced that it does good and big government is actually hiding it from you, it agitates his base and the headers that vote for him and also makes him seem likes hes not a full on headcase himself.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    And the other question they need to ask.

If Trump is so certain that this drug is the saviour, why has he not mandated that every vulnerable person gets it? Surely this is the answers, not only to save lives but to reopen the economy.

Get it to every person that could potentially suffer from this disease. Give it to all health care professionals so that they are not scared to go to work. Give it to their friends and families.

Why has he not done this yet? If he knows it works to even reduce the effects, then he is being negligent to not ensure that the rest of the country has access to it.

Leading the witness your honor! . Its more a risk management thing, there is no opportunity cost and the most you could do is guess a % like 40% chance it might be useful.

Some of the studies look like they want it to fail, like it giving it to the worst cases near death and then concluding it doesnt work , no sh1t Sherlock. Or not including the Zinc which is the working ingredient.
    The studies should test 2 things, does H+Zinc have prophylactic effect? or does it have any value at the early onset of symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

2u2me wrote: »
    -Mark Twain

Here

Trump tore up the rule book. He's continuing to do it right now by politicising the pandemic. They have more deaths than any other country but he blames China, WHO, the Democrats etc. ad nauseam. Recently, he's conjured up the farcical lie that is Obamagate to deflect from his corrupt incompetence. He doesn't care about people. He only cares about re-election. Nothing else matters.

Because he is a slave to his ego, he has no empathy and no principles. Therefore, playing by the rules when you are competing with him, simply won't work. He's a dangerous and mentally unwell man. He needs to be taken out of the White House and if that means going as low as him then so be it. It's for the greater good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Trump tore up the rule book. He's continuing to do it right now by politicising the pandemic. They have more deaths than any other country but he blames China, WHO, the Democrats etc. ad nauseam. Recently, he's conjured up the farcical lie that is Obamagate to deflect from his corrupt incompetence. He doesn't care about people. He only cares about re-election. Nothing else matters.

Because he is a slave to his ego, he has no empathy and no principles. Therefore, playing by the rules when you are competing with him, simply won't work. He's a dangerous and mentally unwell man. He needs to be taken out of the White House and if that means going as low as him then so be it. It's for the greater good.

He's good tv and people love reading articles about him.

He'll be a big loss to a lot of people when he goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

He's good tv and people love reading articles about him.

He'll be a big loss to a lot of people when he goes.

Only to the terminally stupid.

Advertisement