Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Christy42

That was not the point of the exercise
    I have 3 to Obama a president I don’t rate
    You couldn’t give one to trump
    The brutal honesty is you could not give 1 to any of trump both bushes and Reagan
    Whereas I could give credit to Clinton and even Carter

You asked about Trump though? Certainly I wouldn't be putting the Bushes or Reagan into the same category as Trump. From what I have seen and read about them (I would not have been alive for Reagan's terms) they knew what they were doing. They knew what their policies were and how to implement them. I feel like plenty such as the war on drugs or trickle down economics have been a failure as well as the policy of deregulation which helped lead to the 2008 crash. However I would suspect they could have talked about the details of their various economic plans. I think they could have given strong summaries about all major wolrd leaders and the US's history with each of them. In short I believe they were competent individuals who I disagree with (and potentially had some bad motives with regards the war on drugs, Iraq). I do believe Reagan did well in talks with the soviet Union during a difficult time if you want something positive but as I said I was not around. Bush Junior did incredibly well in the aftermath of 9/11 of helping a nation heal and really bringing it together as a nation. Up until Iraq obviously. I couldn't name anything from Bush snr off hand, positive or negative.

Thry seem to have commanded respect from world leaders. I don't believe any would have needed to be instructed by world leaders on the basic workings of the European Union.

None of the above applies to Trump. I get the impression world leaders are all seeing him as an easy target and he has come off badly from many meetings. Many world leaders have earned great political capital from standing up to him. Trump looks meek next to world leaders which is in contrast to when he stands by himself.

Aside from Trump's statements there is no real evidence that he knows what is going on. He obviously doesn't know the testing numbers since he keeps repeating false statements about them. He isn't even playing with the statistics like say the UK talking about tests done vs people tested. He is just flat out wrong. He got he Michigan mail in ballots wrong. I don't think he is actively lying. I just don't think he knows or cares what the truth actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

Can;t be new to him.... people been calling him a 'thick' **** for years....:D
    "that medication may not be safe for someone obese/ coronavirus could be more dangerous for an obese person" - OMG you cant say hes obese. So it doesnt matter that it could kill him or make him sick as long as his (or anyone elses )poor feelings dont get hurt?

(regardless that its prescription and he doesnt suffer from what the prescription is for so is basically telling a doctor to give him whatever drugs he wants)

Prescriptions surged after he started going on about it. Whats the point of keeping potentially dangerous drugs prescription only if you can just walk in and pay a doctor to give you what you want? Have they no morals?

BTW, did she not also mention his age bracket? Wheres the ageist outrage because she dared mention he's in that at risk group?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

He's reportedly embassingly bad at golf also ... no surprise I suppose.
    For people claiming Trump is not obese/morbidly obese. Time to face facts, despite the lies he told about being fit his own medical report has him as clinically obese, he takes medication for high cholesterol, he also has a heart condition and doesn't exercise in fact he "doesn't believe in exercise".

Heres Trump

TRUMP-GOLF_grande.jpg?v=1486064923

Obama was well known for exercise

452px-Barack_Obama_basketball_at_Martha%27s_Vineyard.jpg

George W Bush

run2-398h.jpg

Clinton

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTnOxdQjyjPNVZqWCtJmvpz6nhwFJaYEAQzEUEyVf2H35gm0SmV&usqp=CAU

George H W Bush

george-hw-bush.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Ronald Reagan

5a79eec6193a7a1d008b467f?width=600&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Jimmy Carter

jimmy_carter_jogging.jpg

The fact is that every president for decades has exercised, looked healthy and was active.

Like it or not Trump is at best obese and more than likely morbidly obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Get your Pepsi branded test. Dont accept lesser brand tests.

https://twitter.com/Firr/status/1263183121706598404

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

There is no denying since trump had solemani killed Iran has backed off greatly and a monster who murdered women and children is dead

Trump has proudly backed Hong Kong and Taiwan. Not so long ago protestors in Hong Kong ran through the streets waving American flags

How about what he is doing on lowering drug prices. Something he is nearly fighting alone as dems and reps are not really backing him which is a shame

How about his permanent tax cuts - has put money back where it belongs and has led to huge growth.

But his best policy was cutting planned parenthood and hopefully he finishes it off.
    I agree with abortion and the rights of women to decide but planned parenthood targets minorities
    Since 1973 of the 44 million abortions black babies account for 19 million but make up only 13 % of the population
    This is true racism and amounts to genocide , trump is right to defund him and more and more black people in America are agreeing with trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

There is no denying since trump had solemani killed Iran has backed off greatly and a monster who murdered women and children is dead

Trump has proudly backed Hong Kong and Taiwan. Not so long ago protestors in Hong Kong ran through the streets waving American flags

How about what he is doing on lowering drug prices. Something he is nearly fighting alone as dems and reps are not really backing him which is a shame

How about his permanent tax cuts - has put money back where it belongs and has led to huge growth.

But his best policy was cutting planned parenthood and hopefully he finishes it off.
    I agree with abortion and the rights of women to decide but planned parenthood targets minorities
    Since 1973 of the 44 million abortions black babies account for 19 million but make up only 13 % of the population
    This is true racism and amounts to genocide , trump is right to defund him and more and more black people in America are agreeing with trump.
    There's some retarded thinking in that post:rolleyes:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Ok, so the policy that you think that Trump deserves most credit for is that of denying choice to minorities?

Despite abortion being legal in the US. You think that it is right that a POTUS policy is aimed at reducing that right.

I won't bother trying to tell why you minorities make up a disproportionate amount of abortions, I suspect you know it has nothing to do with racism, except that many minorities tend to be those discriminated against.

Taiwan and Hong Kong are in the same place they were a year ago (well Hong Kong is worse off but that is due to China). He has practically forced Iran to work on nuclear weapons while also earning US hatred in the fledgling Iraq state by randomly bombing their land to carry out an assassination. Ryan's tax plan, let's be fair Trump had no idea what was written in it, was frequently used for stock buy backs and pumped US debt into rich peoples hands. The US had huge growth already.

I mean I like the idea of supporting Taiwan and Hong Kong but I don't see the US actually helping them anytime soon. I notice you didn't name anything from the pandemic either. Another 22k cases and 1.4k deaths at a point when the EU is below 6k a day and 700 deaths.

I would strongly suspect socio economic factors would play a part in abortion rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Plenty of opinion there and no facts. Re: lowering drug prices, the Democrats actually passed a bill in December to allow the government to negotiate prices, which Trump threatened to veto. So trying to say he's doing it alone is rubbish. It's just another campaign promise that he hasn't followed though on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

kyote00 wrote: »
    He's reportedly embassingly bad at golf also ... no surprise I suppose.

2.8 handicap :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Billy Mays wrote:
    2.8 handicap

And that's probably a lie as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Billy Mays wrote: »

Remove him from office for obesity and poor golf skills.
    That shot was horrendous in fairness

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Ok, so the policy that you think that Trump deserves most credit for is that of denying choice to minorities?

Despite abortion being legal in the US. You think that it is right that a POTUS policy is aimed at reducing that right.

I won't bother trying to tell why you minorities make up a disproportionate amount of abortions, I suspect you know it has nothing to do with racism, except that many minorities tend to be those discriminated against.

trump is trying to give minorities real choice - planned parent hood only gives one choice.
    if trump and the republicans are the racists they are portrayed to be they would quadruple planned parenthood funding, not try and offer women of colour a choice to keep their babies.
    think about it, it is democrats and liberals who push for abortion constantly.

Fine, I really don't care what your views on abortion or even planned parenthood as an organisation is. It is a devisive issue in the states, and elsewhere, and I can understand both sides of it and that there will likely never be a point where it is resolved to everyone's tastes.

You asked for policies that we would give Trump credit for, and I said that while I agreed with some of his ideas he had done very little policy wise.

You can only come up with one policy, which is to defund a NFP organisation. I get it you don't like their views, but really, this is all he has achieved? Remember, this was the man that was going to MAGA, going to turn the inner city carnage around, going to drain the swap, clear out the elites from Washington DC, bring back telling it like it is and gets manufacturing back to the US.

But after 3 years he has achieved nothing of note policy wise. He has done lots of EO, which can be overturned at at the whim of the next POTUS, despite having full control of the House and Senate. He has made lots of noise, he certainly has made a major impact on the impartiality of the judicial system but in terms pf policies, then he has very little.

Hence why the economy is so vital to him. Why is bragged about the stock market. Because he has done little else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Remove him from office for obesity and poor golf skills.
    That shot was horrendous in fairness

How much of a failure as a human being would you have to be to spend so much of your time - and your citizens' taxes - playing golf and still be that bad at it?

Just on the tax cuts, but sooner rather than later taxes will have to be raised to pay for the massive deficit that he said he would erase. Of course Trump and the GOP don't care about this now but if Biden wins and has to deal with it I'm betting you and the other Trump fans won't shut up about it next year.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Fine, I really don't care what your views on abortion or even planned parenthood as an organisation is. It is a devisive issue in the states, and elsewhere, and I can understand both sides of it and that there will likely never be a point where it is resolved to everyone's tastes.

You asked for policies that we would give Trump credit for, and I said that while I agreed with some of his ideas he had done very little policy wise.

You can only come up with one policy, which is to defund a NFP organisation. I get it you don't like their views, but really, this is all he has achieved? Remember, this was the man that was going to MAGA, going to turn the inner city carnage around, going to drain the swap, clear out the elites from Washington DC, bring back telling it like it is and gets manufacturing back to the US.

But after 3 years he has achieved nothing of note policy wise. He has done lots of EO, which can be overturned at at the whim of the next POTUS, despite having full control of the House and Senate. He has made lots of noise, he certainly has made a major impact on the impartiality of the judicial system but in terms pf policies, then he has very little.

Hence why the economy is so vital to him. Why is bragged about the stock market. Because he has done little else.

i get it. you hate trump.
    until this virus the economy was humming and he deserves credit for that.
    he has stood up to china and stated russia should be americas Ally and he is 100% right.
    trump and obama both have changed who can be elected president. they have that in common.

gone are the days of bush senior and gerry ford and jimmy carter - there will never be a normal run of the mill president again.
    to be elected now you will firstly have to play the race card.

i dont think obama and trump are racist, but they both wore the cap when required to ensure they got elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

How much of a failure as a human being would you have to be to spend so much of your time - and your citizens' taxes - playing golf and still be that bad at it?

If much of the media are to believed the more time he spends playing golf the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

trump is trying to give minorities real choice - planned parent hood only gives one choice.
    if trump and the republicans are the racists they are portrayed to be they would quadruple planned parenthood funding, not try and offer women of colour a choice to keep their babies.
    think about it, it is democrats and liberals who push for abortion constantly.

You do know that abortion facilities are only a small amount of the services PP provide right?

Trump was racist well before he decided to run for president. See his birthed campaign. The complete failure of that seems to have inspired his run at the presidency.

Obama was a usual style president. He had policies and ways to enact them. Check out Biden's website for similar. Check out Trump's for campaign rhetoric.

You can see the difference in Obama talking about how the US needs to be prepared for pandemics. Even now the thought of being prepared for a pandemic doesn't seem to cross Trumps mind. It is just a case of how can I blame everything on someone else.

The US will eventually recover from Trump. Someone with an understanding of what policies they are signing will get in eventually. Hopefully it is in November when they look at 90k+ dead they will look to someone with an actual plan instead of merely giving them someone to blame but that might be too much to hope for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Billy Mays wrote: »

An notorious golf cheat apparently.

Hardly surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

he has stood up to china and stated russia should be americas Ally

A couple of very distorted comments here.

First please tell me What did Trump do to help the economy, pre-COVID? Absolutely Nothing! Can you read a GRAPH? If you could, you would see that the economy was on the rise due to programs implemented under Obama, after the Financial Crash caused by another incompetent GOP president GWB! So Trump deserves 0 Credit for an economy he didn't trigger, but he does deserve BIG credit for letting the economy crash and crash so badly, because of the way he has Completely mishandled the Pandemic!

Second, he hasn't stood up to China! First off he started a Trade War that did nothing except cause US farmers to need a $28 billion bailout. What a Genius move that was. The deal has done nothing about China’s unfair economic practices.The deal wasn't that great and it's very unlikely China will live up to its promises. I could hear the crazy lying Fox News Talking Heads now if Obama had cut such a pathetic deal with China!

Finally, are you actually praising Trump for making Russia our ally? Is this the same GOP that used to chant kill a Commie for your Mommy? Do you really think Russia is or will be our ally any time soon? The only thing Trump has done, is to give Russia Carte Blanche to interfere in our elections again and undermine our Democracy.

So Pathetic! Wake up and see what a useless, incompetent, selfish, psychopath embarrassment Trump is!

SeamusFX wrote: »
    A couple of very distorted comments here.

First please tell me What did Trump do to help the economy, pre-COVID? Absolutely Nothing! Can you read a GRAPH? If you could, you would see that the economy was on the rise due to programs implemented under Obama, after the Financial Crash caused by another incompetent GOP president GWB! So Trump deserves 0 Credit for an economy he didn't trigger, but he does deserve BIG credit for letting the economy crash and crash so badly, because of the way he has Completely mishandled the Pandemic!

Second, he hasn't stood up to China! First off he started a Trade War that did nothing except cause US farmers to need a $28 billion bailout. What a Genius move that was. The deal has done nothing about China’s unfair economic practices.The deal wasn't that great and it's very unlikely China will live up to its promises. I could hear the crazy lying Fox News Talking Heads now if Obama had cut such a pathetic deal with China!

Finally, are you actually praising Trump for making Russia our ally? Is this the same GOP that used to chant kill a Commie for your Mommy? Do you really think Russia is or will be our ally any time soon? The only thing Trump has done, is to give Russia Carte Blanche to interfere in our elections again and undermine our Democracy.

So Pathetic! Wake up and see what a useless, incompetent, selfish, psychopath embarrassment Trump is!

Recheck the trade war and who is winning it.
    It's not the civilian massacring, virus cover-uping Chinese government

Recheck the trade war and who is winning it

trade wars, where everybody loses!

Recheck the trade war and who is winning it.
    It's not the civilian massacring, virus cover-uping Chinese government

You better check your facts. In 2019 the US had a $345.6 billion trade deficit with China. I guess that's Trump winning, just how he thinks 90,000 Americans dead is also winning. If you're going to make a statement that Trump is winning the trade war, please state some True Facts and don't just be a parrot spewing Trump's lies and propaganda!

when i post here i could get 5 plus responses. i dont have the time to answer all of them.
    trump is a good president and will be remembered as such - he will walk it against Biden who is a complete joke.
    my advice to trump if i had his ear - constant revving up of the attacks on china and i mean get it real hot and keep linking biden to china.
    but i think that his is plan anyway. 4 more years is on.

when i post here i could get 5 plus responses. i dont have the time to answer all of them.
    trump is a good president and will be remembered as such - he will walk it against Biden who is a complete joke.
    my advice to trump if i had his ear - constant revving up of the attacks on china and i mean get it real hot and keep linking biden to china.

what age are you?

SeamusFX wrote: »
    You better check your facts. In 2019 the US had a $345.6 billion trade deficit with China. I guess that's Trump winning, just how he thinks 90,000 Americans dead is also winning. If you're going to make a statement that Trump is winning the trade war, please state some True Facts and don't just be a parrot spewing Trump's lies and propaganda!

China makes cheap consumer goods for the western world. Of course the Us is buying more from China than vice versa. Chinese goods are cheaper and made under slave like conditions with workers working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Nobody can compete with that.

In January both leaders signed a deal with China agreeing to buy 200 billion dollars worth of extra Us made goods.
    It has also been signed that the existing tariffs on 360 billion worth of goods will remain with the threat of further sanctions if China doesn't live up to its agreement to buy the extra 200 billion.
    Check the signed deal yourself. Its fact.
    Winnie the Pooh backed down. Trump won biggly
    90k dead from a global pandemic has nothing I do with the trade war. It did originate in China though.

Beijing now slapping tariffs on Australian goods because of calls for an independent investigation into Coronavirus origin.

i get it. you hate trump.
    he has stood up to china and stated russia should be americas Ally and he is 100% right.
    trump and obama both have changed who can be elected president. they have that in common.

gone are the days of bush senior and gerry ford and jimmy carter - there will never be a normal run of the mill president again.
    to be elected now you will firstly have to play the race card.

i dont think obama and trump are racist, but they both wore the cap when required to ensure they got elected.

I don't hate Trump, I hate that he has made a mockery of the position he holds, that he has abused the trust given to him and that he places the security of every person in the world at jeopardy.

I don't like that he looks to divide rather than get consensus, I don't like how he has gleefully used the already wide divisions within the country for his own ends rather than looking to actually make things better.

I don't like that he avoids taking any form of responsibility, that he enables the blame culture so prevalent already. It is never his fault, it is always someone, or something else that is to blame.

I already stated that I have some agreement with his ideas, but he fails to deloped them into anything beyond a slogan and then resorts to petty name calling and self pitying to try to hide the fact he hasn't a clue.

I don't like the way that people like yourself, and many others, are seemingly content to excuse anything and everything in pursuant of your narrow agenda. The very idea of society is thrown out in pursuit of getting what I want.

Throughtout his time as POTUS, he failed to plan or prepare for anything. He has no plan to deal with Russian election interference. No plan to deal with the terrible effect that money has on US politics. Despite running on a mandate to change the current system, he has done almost nothing to actually make that happen. Although he was given forearning of the Covid situation, he did nothing in advance. It ended up with the US being the worst impacted country in the world.

He has done nothing for workers rights, minorities, to increase the numbers involved in the democratic process. He has no policy on education, he has no plan to deal with climate change (regardless of whether one believes it is man-made or not he has done nothing to prepare for it).

If he fears the rise of China as much as he does, he should he driving alliances with other countries, instead of making enemies of them.

He has done nothing to curb Saudi Arabia. He was the POTUS when a SA army officer carried out a terrorist attack on a US army base in the US itself and did nothing about it.

He has no policy on obesity, on student loans, on corporate fraud, on racism, on sexism. Nothing. He failed completely to Repea,l and Replace Obamacare, instead just defunding it to reduce it ability to do what it set out to, which people will pay the price for.

He as not driven any policy on domestic abuse, he has done nothing to try to curb the increasing issue of online abuse (how could he it is what he trades in).

He has not undertaken any large scale review of military spending, instead simply giving them 50bn more to waste. He has done nothing to deal with inequality.

His term will be remembered for nothing more than choas.

• Advertisement

The only way Trump will ever be remembered as a good president, is if he cancels the election, declares himself King and has all of his cronies to write the history books, falsely declaring himself a great President. Yet the truth is, Trump has been a complete failure as President on every level.

Advertisement