Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

https://twitter.com/Nicoxw1/status/1263244665647697921

How have they not got an earpiece in him permanently at this stage and just tell him what to say?

If Joe Biden was being filmed talking like this Trump would be hammering his phone tweeting how Biden is senile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

just wow - talk about fraud.
    but thats faceless greedy corporations for you. all about the money
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/27-gop-senators-ask-ag-barr-to-investigate-planned-parenthood-getting-ppp-checks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I notice the death rate in Georgia starting to tick up as the experts had warned. It's been in the low 20's most of the week (was in the teens last week) but it's up to 57 today.

Be interesting to watch some of these states in the week ahead.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/27-gop-senators-ask-ag-barr-to-investigate-planned-parenthood-getting-ppp-checks

This has no relation to the topic... Any reason you don't want to discuss Trump's response?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,494 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This has no relation to the topic... Any reason you don't want to discuss Trump's response?

If Trump deflects why would his cheerleaders be any different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Erm, are you in the right thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

EHSbAe3WoAEfCpM?format=jpg&name=small
    Stephen Miller: "President #Trump's the most gifted politician of our time, and he's the best orator to hold that office in generations."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

https://twitter.com/Nicoxw1/status/1263244665647697921

How have they not got an earpiece in him permanently at this stage and just tell him what to say?

If Joe Biden was being filmed talking like this Trump would be hammering his phone tweeting how Biden is senile.

There are many per capitas. Testing per capita. Patients per capita. Earnings per capita. GDP per capita. Etc etc

He is right. Also the question is left out. Wonder why.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    There are many per capitas. Testing per capita. Patients per capita. Earnings per capita. GDP per capita. Etc etc

Q How does our testing compare per capita

THE PRESIDENT: Sure.

Q — to those nations?

THE PRESIDENT: You want to do that, Deborah?

DR. BIRX: Yeah.

THE PRESIDENT: Per capita.

DR. BIRX: Yeah, our — you know, our testing now, we’re almost up to 4 percent. So some of the state — some of the European countries are at 4 to 5 percent. And I think our goal is to ensure that we can find the asymptomatics. And I think that’s really our focus right now, working with every state to really help them identify where these clusters came from historically, and then proactively going for those clusters, identifying them early, and finding the asymptomatic individuals before. And no one is intending to spread the virus. I always want to be very clear about that. Asymptomatic patient — people don’t know they’re infected. And so, together, we’re really working to find them.

And I think it’s a — it’s a unique challenge, and I think together we’re really making progress.

THE PRESIDENT: And, you know, when you say “per capita,” there’s many per capitas. It’s, like, per capita relative to what? But you can look at just about any category, and we’re really at the top, meaning positive on a per capita basis, too. They’ve done a great job.

• Advertisement

Q How does our testing compare per capita

THE PRESIDENT: Sure.

Q — to those nations?

THE PRESIDENT: You want to do that, Deborah?

DR. BIRX: Yeah.

THE PRESIDENT: Per capita.

DR. BIRX: Yeah, our — you know, our testing now, we’re almost up to 4 percent. So some of the state — some of the European countries are at 4 to 5 percent. And I think our goal is to ensure that we can find the asymptomatics. And I think that’s really our focus right now, working with every state to really help them identify where these clusters came from historically, and then proactively going for those clusters, identifying them early, and finding the asymptomatic individuals before. And no one is intending to spread the virus. I always want to be very clear about that. Asymptomatic patient — people don’t know they’re infected. And so, together, we’re really working to find them.

And I think it’s a — it’s a unique challenge, and I think together we’re really making progress.

THE PRESIDENT: And, you know, when you say “per capita,” there’s many per capitas. It’s, like, per capita relative to what? But you can look at just about any category, and we’re really at the top, meaning positive on a per capita basis, too. They’ve done a great job.

Thanks for proving blueshoes point.
    Like pulling teeth on here

• Registered Users Posts: 21,558 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It didn't prove Blueshoes point. It negated it entirely.

The question was 'How does our testing compare per capita'.

In that context, there is only one element to consider. Testings. Per Captia. Not patients, earnings or any other nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

Blueshoe wrote: »

Why would gdp per capita be part of the question. The dude is rambling because he doesn't have a clue what anyone is talking about. I would not have called their testing on a per capita basis positive either.

Especially when the testing numbers many states have released is flat out wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/611935/

Sorry, what point was proven?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Comical :pac:

I notice they didnt even touch the rambling positive /negative test interview . Id say they were pm'ing back and forward trying to come up with some way to twist it to being ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He tested positive in a negative way.

Pretty easy to understand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

They'll never get him to wear a mask :pac:

He tested positive in a negative way.

Pretty easy to understand.

He was laughing at the media Saying that. Obvs an inside joke with his closest confidants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Christy42 wrote: »
    Why would gdp per capita be part of the question. The dude is rambling because he doesn't have a clue what anyone is talking about. I would not have called their testing on a per capita basis positive either.

Especially when the testing numbers many states have released is flat out wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/611935/

The number of antibody tests would be exceptionally small compared to the numbers of PCR tests being carried out. That isn't the gotcha article in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

He was laughing at the media Saying that. Obvs an inside joke with his closest confidants
    And you just jumped the shark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

jibber5000 wrote: »
    The number of antibody tests would be exceptionally small compared to the numbers of PCR tests being carried out. That isn't the gotcha article in reality.

Then why mix them in? It is dishonest and quite frankly I don't know that it will be insignificant going forward. The US testing number is now untrustworthy at a time Trump is trying to claim it is great.

I don't know if it is dishonest or incompetent but it looks like parts of the US don't know what they are doing.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Then why mix them in? It is dishonest and quite frankly I don't know that it will be insignificant going forward. The US testing number is now untrustworthy at a time Trump is trying to claim it is great.

I don't know if it is dishonest or incompetent but it looks like parts of the US don't know what they are doing.

All countries have issues recording tests. It's not just the US.

Look at the Mater here hiding over 200 positive cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

My god his narcisissim seems to be just as infective as covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I doubt any other American president response to this pandemic would have been much better . It’s all about the dollar and the economy . Democrat or republican doesn’t matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hey guys look over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I doubt any other American president response to this pandemic would have been much better . It’s all about the dollar and the economy . Democrat or republican doesn’t matter.

Really? You think Obama or Bush would have spent weeks on twitter telling everyone it will "just dissapear" as it spread freely around country?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Hiding? :)

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Hiding? :)

What would you call it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

Really what struck me is that the USA have 5% of the population and yet seem to have 1/3 of the deaths, that to me seems alarming, but in fairness, their figures are similar to the rest of the world and what you would expect, for example deaths per 100,000 isn't far off the average in the world, neither is their testing per 100,000. So I just wondering why a country with 5% of the population is actually showing 33.3333% of the deaths in the world, but yet still feels they should open up. This isn't a question about trump, but one about how does this maths add up?

Advertisement