Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you following the Lockdown rules?

Options
  • 04-04-2020 12:37pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Curious as to what the adherence is to the lockdown at the moment. I realise I won't get a balanced view in this forum but I don't think it can be posted elsewhere. So how much in adherence have you been?

EDIT: Poll added

At what level are you adhering to lockdown? 452 votes

Fully. Only leave the house for shop and brief outdoor exercise
    62% 282 votes
    Mostly. Go to the shop more than I should and/or go out to 'exercise' more than I should
    27% 123 votes
    Sorta. I'm good but travel outside the 2km restriction for non shopping & non work stuff
    6% 28 votes
    Occasional type 1. I have visited friends or family's homes during this period
    2% 10 votes
    Occasional type 2 I don't visit their houses but I do meet them outdoors
    1% 5 votes
    Seldom. Regularly flaunt it but I don't really tell people
    0% 3 votes
    Lockdown scmockdown. Getting the ride in me other half's gaff, meeting friends etc
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Most of the time in house or when i needed to do shopping,needed petrol or meds and when i went to garage to collect certs.So most of the time is inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

faceman wrote: »
    Curious as to what the adherence is to the lockdown at the moment. I realise I won't get a balanced view in this forum but I don't think it can be posted elsewhere. So how much in adherence have you been?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Yes, a quick walk for approx 30 mins for the last few days, observing social distancing and avoiding paths that would be busy, avoiding park as it is still busy.

Have walked to the local supermarket twice since the stricter restrictions, will probably go tomorrow or Monday night as fruit and milk running out.

Otherwise, staying in, no exceptions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm on the list for vital services so do go driving, but never cross the thresholds of homes or businesses and practice precautions like distancing, masks and gloves on top of that. Otherwise two runs to the shop per week and the occasional walk, taking precautions as I do.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Out for a cycle once a day and walk the dog once a day. Don't meet anyone while out. Up to my partners house every second day to see her and my son in the front garden for 15 minutes.

I'll go shop whenever I need to go it's only across the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Walking within 2km of home, though they are not always 'brief' and solo trips to the shops.

Only time I left the house not to go walking or shopping was to give blood.

I still have to go to the office to work which I resent greatly. Other than that I stay in the house, go to the shop twice a week, go for a walk once a day and go for a quick spin about the town in the car the odd time to clear the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Over 70 - quite fit, but cocooning. Complying fully - not even walking in a park 30 metres from my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes I think so.
    Two big walks a day with dog within 2km luckily live near two parks.
    Big shop once a week.
    Working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Probably a good thing the weather is dull, more likely to keep people from gathering on this Saturday. London is looking at 21c and sunny tomorrow and during the week, probably the last thing they need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I think some younger people are out drinking / drugging and driving. One such tard , wrote off his car just outside my house last night, a quick call to guards who were down in a minute or two, took him away in a van, delighted!

He was speeding for a start, if he was on something, I dont know. But I have no tolerance for this kind of bull****! I notice many drivers, driving way over the speed limit!

They need guards out at least on the friday / saturday nights for drink / drug testing. A lot of people will be meeting up , doing whatever and then driving, as there are no taxis...

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Pistachio19

Going to the shop every 4 days. Get a mixture of nerves and excitement - nervous to be out and about, trying to avoid standing near other shoppers, but excited to get out of the house. Local supermarket was busy today so need to amend my strategy so as to avoid weekends. Noticed more people wearing masks/scarves today. Husband volunteered as a delivery man for local supermarket so he'll get out for a spin 3 times a week as well as a run each day. 3 kids - one hasn't left the house at all in a few days, the other 2 go out to kick ball.

Feel so sorry for the over 70's. My aunt dared to walk up and down the length of her front wall (on the footpath side) during the week and her neighbour pulled her up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I’m just back from a 2 hour dog walk around the city centre. Mostly just me and the down and outs. Plenty of Garda around. Stopping cars on the quays. A good few people along Meath st and James.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I’m just back from a 2 hour dog walk around the city centre. Mostly just me and the down and outs. Plenty of Garda around. Stopping cars on the quays. A good few people along Meath st and James.

thats good, they need them out at night though aswell, particularly weekends. To stop people bored out of their minds, taking drugs / alcohol and driving, which is going to continue increasing, the longer this goes on in my opinion...

I'm working frontline so go to work & home.
    On my days off I fully follow the rules. Walk the dog once a day beside me in the park.

Haven't seen my mother for 6 weeks, haven't seen my niece & nephew for about 4 weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Yes because they're designed to limit contagion and protect you. However I see so many assholes still flippantly ignoring social distancing and I do berate them if they get too near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

The only times I have not followed it was taking the mother in law's dog out for a walk most days. It involves me meeting her outside the house. Although she only lives across the road.I walk him for 5KM a day through the fields beside the house so very little contact.

Have been guilty of going to the shop around the corner for colouring books for the kids and chocolate for herself but again that's for my own sanity. In fairness the shops round here are quiet in the evenings.

The only worry is the big shop but as we get paid monthly we usually do one a month and just nip round the corner for bread and milk.

My OH has MS so she hasn't left the house in two weeks. Her mother is 60 so she hasnt left her house either. Although by OH would call over to check on her once or twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

JamesM wrote: »
    Over 70 - quite fit, but cocooning. Complying fully - not even walking in a park 30 metres from my door.

You should maintain your exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

McCrack wrote: »
    You should maintain your exercise

Thanks. I try, but difficult in a small back garden. I was doing an hour in the park most days. I would also be sailing or kayaking by April other years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lusocu

You need another option in the pole. Only leaving the house for a big shop once every 2 to 3 weeks or so. "Exercise" or getting out because you fancy some air, or popping down for more milk isn't a good enough reason to leave the house. You could encounter all kinds of scenarios where you can pick it up and pass it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

JamesM wrote: »
    Thanks. I try, but difficult in a small back garden. I was doing an hour in the park most days. I would also be sailing or kayaking by April other years :(

Go out and walk in the park is what I mean, it's important for everyone that are well to maintain exercise and it can be done sensibly. Don't feel you are a prisoner in your own home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Feel so sorry for the over 70's. My aunt dared to walk up and down the length of her front wall (on the footpath side) during the week and her neighbour pulled her up on it.

busybody neighbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I notice many drivers, driving way over the speed limit!
    yep i've notice a lot more speeding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Broke the rules today. Drove alone more than 2km to the closest Bottle Bank. Obviously not essential. No-one else there.
    Needed to get away from the house.
    Haven't left home since March 12th - the day the schools closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The 2km thing is for being out walking/ exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

Trying our best but Have to venture to the shop every day here for paper, fresh bread etc for parents.
    Big shop every few days for meat and veg from butchers for us aswell. Kinda head wrecking having to go to every day when your not used to it.

Go late in evenings and it’s grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Fully. I am into my 6th week at home and kids the 3 weeks at home. One person to shop as little as possible every 10-14 days and trying to steer clear of supermarkets. Depending on butcher and a small local shop. If we catch this we have no contacts only ourselves in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Fairly good to be honest.
    There isn’t many places to go really.
    We just get our main shop once a week and if we’re stuck we might get a few bits.
    I did have to do a few banking, post offices things during the week but that was sorting out somebodies pension for somebody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Shop every 7/10 days. Daily walk for about 30 mins.

unfortunately I have to go back to work in a few days so not looking forward to that. Quite happy to be at home and very nervous when I do have to go out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The 2km thing is for being out walking/ exercise

Driving to a bottle bank would fall under the non-essential journeys and is not permitted.

Advertisement