Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you following the Lockdown rules?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Told by whom? The whole fake crisis is a textbook case of mass propaganda. Literally Orwellian.

I'm kind of hoping the virus does cause billions of deaths as the human race has proven itself to be so easily manipulated into obsequious compliance with absurd and entirely disproportionate diktats, all propaganised for by so-called free media, that it doesnt deserve to survive.

5 years ago most of youse were on yer high horses about the perfidy of Putin, ye really are hilarious.

There’s definitely an element of unquestioning compliance that I find rather disturbing. I broadly support the measures but the “extra powers “ given to the Gardai were too far for me and I’m anxious they be repealed soon.
    I don’t see what business they have checking people’s car boots for groceries or directing them to supermarkets they deem closer. It appears I’m in the minority on this which is fine. In a free democracy we are supposed to be allowed the space to have opposing views and the freedom to express them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I literally have not left the house in days.

I am sticking to the lockdown rules most of the time unless i am out marathon training. Live in a small town and when i am out running i go a couple of kilometres outside the 2km restriction so i dont come across any people. Most of the roads i run are quiet country roads.I dont see any issue with this

I am sticking to the lockdown rules most of the time unless i am out marathon training. Live in a small town and when i am out running i go a couple of kilometres outside the 2km restriction so i dont come across any people. Most of the roads i run are quiet country roads.I dont see any issue with this

I am not saying it makes a difference but why not just loop around a smaller area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I am not saying it makes a difference but why not just loop around a smaller area?

Full Time Mad Bastard I'd say

• Advertisement

Or just OCD about his routes.

Definitely not a full time mad bastard lol

If i stuck to the 2km restrictions there is more chance i bump into people. As i said i live in a small town and loads of people and families are out walking so i find it better just to go out the country roads to avoid people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

The 2km rule is illogical and is only there to control the population. What difference does it make to spreading the virus if I go somewhere 2km away from my house or go somewhere 50km away so long as social distancing is maintained.

If i stuck to the 2km restrictions there is more chance i bump into people. As i said i live in a small town and loads of people and families are out walking so i find it better just to go out the country roads to avoid people

Good point I am finding the same. I run but only like a mile or two. I stick around my area ..always bumping into people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

pgj2015 wrote: »
    some people would lock themselves away in their attic for 2 years if told by the government.

Or if chased by a nazi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

OEP wrote: »
    I go further than 2km for my run, I probably go 3/4km radius away. I am always distant from people, the chance of catching or spreading in this circumstance is slim to none so I don't see an issue. Besides that I am compliant with the rules

And I think this was what Leo alluded to on his speech on Friday asking citizens not to be reporting someone just because they ran a little over 2km from their home. It's about being smart and sensible. Running in an isolated place 3km from your home is surely safer than running in a busy park full of walkers 1km from your home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

GT89 wrote: »
    The 2km rule is illogical and is only there to control the population. What difference does it make to spreading the virus if I go somewhere 2km away from my house or go somewhere 50km away so long as social distancing is maintained.

I think this is the mindset of all those who breached the rules at the weekend to go to their holiday homes or caravans in seaside resorts. Let's say for example the seaside towns of Courttown, Ballybunion, Lahinch, Dunmore East and Bundoran had no coronavirus cases up to now. Using your logic, let's say 50000 residents from the cities of Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Waterford where the virus already has taken hold and where a percentage of the 50000 have it but are asymptomatic decide to travel the distance to their nearest respective resorts I listed. They shop, hang out, and those with the virus unwittingly spread it to natives of those resorts (and to other fellow visitors). Expecting everyone to maintain constant social distancing at all times is not realistic. Someone coughs while buying milk in the village shop or touches the door handle etc etc.

You now have cases introduced to more and new parts of Ireland whose residents in turn risk infecting all the people they may interact with if they merrily travelled 50km here, there or everywhere. If everyone stayed within 2km, it contains and ultimately reduces the spread in the long term. More importantly, those towns, villages and parishes across Ireland that never had it up to now would continue not to have it if strict 2km adherence was maintained

“I didn’t see any problem with this” = “**** everyone else, I’m suiting myself and they can all follow the rules instead”.

The amount of times.

Advertisement