Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single parent payment, self employed tax return

Options
  • 04-04-2020 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there,
    Hoping to get a few pointers, I am keeping an eye on my own books. I am a self employed yoga teacher, registered as a sole trader since the beginning of the this year. I was teaching two weekly classes, which I declared to the welfare (so it is all fully legitimate) and in receipt of a single parent payment. I am hoping to do my own books and tax return as I will be making so little from my business for this year anyway. I want to know if my single parent payment and the maintenance I get of €35 weekly from my ex for our sons care should be included as income for my tax return. I am guessing so but finding it hard to get a definitive on this. Also do I continue to keep copies of payments and expenses for the period where I am on this covid payment?
    Any help hugely welcome.
    Thank you

Comments

Advertisement