Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The purge 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Sowing forum that way 》》》》》》

Gardening forum is that way >>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

We have a change at the top.

Top 5: 15, 14, 12, 12, 11

Gap down to 6 votes, so it looks like a battle between 5 to be crown AH biggest loser #2.

Two people on 0 votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Whenever one of the mods wakes up from their stupor sorrounded by empty cans of energy drink after a marathon online gaming session can they post the results so far. Good lads.

Wouldn’t hold my breath, P.

“Traffic” will be a bit slow today, you’re going to have a lot of users of this site observing their own, unsavoury, version of “Palm Sunday”.

I predict a lot of aggressive “sniping” around late afternoon, followed by an exhausted “lull” on into the evening.

For now, most will still be in bed but won’t be too long before they’re back “at themselves”, on today of all days.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

“Traffic” will be a bit slow today, you’re going to have a lot of users of this site observing their own, unsavoury, version of “Palm Sunday”.

I predict a lot of aggressive “sniping” around late afternoon, followed by an exhausted “lull” on into the evening.

For now, most will still be in bed but won’t be too long before they’re back “at themselves”, on today of all days.

And this is why all mods should be female, less ''distractions' and not obsessed with the ban hammer.

#mamformod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CommonNeedyBrownbear-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Omackeral wrote: »
    CommonNeedyBrownbear-size_restricted.gif

Have you anything to offer other than linking to GIFs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Have you anything to offer other than linking to GIFs?

Hopefully he isn't Greek....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Given how close it is, I suppose it will be safer to have a victory speech ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So when will I find out if I made the band? That’s what this is right? I was a bit drunk when I signed up last night but I’ve been practicing all morning and I’m really good

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    We have a change at the top.

Top 5: 15, 14, 12, 12, 11

Gap down to 6 votes, so it looks like a battle between 5 to be crown AH biggest loser #2.

Two people on 0 votes.

Ted, there's a difference of 4 votes between first and fifth by my maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What’s with all the quotation marks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Collie D wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's some sort of "joke".

Ted, there's a difference of 4 votes between first and fifth by my maths.

From 5th @ 11 the next person is on 6 votes is what I meant.

Ficheall wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's some sort of "joke".

Thanks for using them in an appropriate manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I’ve been practicing all morning and I’m really good.

Oh have you now?

<Insert Mr. Bean creepface>

You're hired.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

It's like waking up on Christmas day.
    Who's going to get the prize?

Isn't there a general accepted rumour around here that at least two (possibly three) of the candidates are the same person?

A cynical attempt to split the vote perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

No Mr. F in the poll.
    It's like the world cup without Brazil.

So when will I find out if I made the band? That’s what this is right? I was a bit drunk when I signed up last night but I’ve been practicing all morning and I’m really good

tenor.gif

If you were drunk & being good, this award is not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Isn't there a general accepted rumour around here that at least two (possibly three) of the candidates are the same person?

A cynical attempt to split the vote perhaps?

Next will be the rumour of bots for votes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I don't want to purge any of these posters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No Mr F they only take part in threads they themselves started or so the legend foretold

It’s a “certain” poster’s “calling card”.

I reckon there’s probably 5 of them in this thread right now. One is a simple and dim curmudgeonly Walter Mitty type, one is a selfish alcoholic creep allegedly back from Cheltenham, one is based off a run-into-the-ground irrelevant meme from about 3 years ago. Then there’s one “obsessed” with “quotation marks”. There’s another person who is just a guy but he hasn’t quite nailed down a character yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

No Mr F they only take part in threads they themselves started or so the legend foretold

They don't even do that.

I reckon there’s probably 5 of them in this thread right now. One is a simple and dim curmudgeonly Walter Mitty type, one is a selfish alcoholic creep allegedly back from Cheltenham, one is based off a run-into-the-ground irrelevant meme from about 3 years ago. Then there’s one “obsessed” with “quotation marks”. There’s another person who is just a guy but he hasn’t quite nailed down a character yet.

I only know who one of those refers to :(

Wonder what people say about me.

Or maybe I'm not even worth talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There’s a reason you’re a prison officer grunt and not a detective. You wouldn’t be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I voted before I scrolled all the way down... damnit... could have gotten Persepoly her first ban!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I still haven’t voted yet. I’m in three minds, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I still haven’t voted yet. I’m in three minds, to be honest.

Is your theme song Me., Myself and I ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Is your theme song Me., Myself and I ?

Maybe it's a multiple personality thing. I kinda suffer a bit that way myself. Bit sensible, bit anxious, a lot lunatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jesus :D
    And tell me, how do you really feel Mack???

There’s a reason you’re a prison officer grunt and not a detective. You wouldn’t be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, dude.

I heard the main reason most of them sign up for that position is to spy on the lads riding each other in their cells at night.

You wouldn’t be the brightest bulb in the chandelier,dude.

Says the goon that went to Cheltenham during a pandemic.

I only know who one of those refers to :(

Wonder what people say about me.

Or maybe I'm not even worth talking about.

I’d have “voted” for you twice if I could, B.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Maybe it's a multiple personality thing. I kinda suffer a bit that way myself. Bit sensible, bit anxious, a lot lunatic.

Think there's a lot with multiple personalities around here alright ..

I heard the main reason most of them sign up for that position is to spy on the lads riding each other in their cells at night.

That’s where your mind goes to automatically! You are forever talking about handling my arse and now you’re bringing this fantasy up? You’re so deep in the closet you’re finding Christmas presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I voted for myself. I wouldn't usually masturvote, but this is an exception.

I’d have “voted” for you twice if I could, B.

Thanks Spiceland! :) Unfortunately you didn't get my vote this time. Better luck next time.

Also thanks for clearing up who the quoter is.

You're absolutely right.

• Advertisement

Absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Most of them are failed gardai.

Perks of the job include getting 'matey' with knackers and junkies by being sound to them, lubing up and sliding Nokia 3310s up their arse and drinking cans on night duty.

At least 80% of screws are overweight or obese as well.

Would be funny if a person with multiple horses in the race filled the top three spots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

tumblr_pjqlbltCwn1xg4dh0o1_500.gifv

Thanks Spiceland! :) Unfortunately you didn't get my vote this time. Better luck next time.

Also thanks for clearing up who the quoter is.

Poor form, B.

I was under the impression I could rely on your vote after my “criticism” of that, dreadful, “Games” forum.

Not angry, just disappointed.

Woke/Pintman/Johnny are like marmite. I get more entertainment over your ability to wind up others with your mad posts. Keep it up :D

Looks like I’ve successfully triggered the majority of the horde!

That’s where your mind goes to automatically! You are forever talking about handling my arse and now you’re bringing this fantasy up? You’re so deep in the closet you’re finding Christmas presents.

It’s what I heard, pal. It’s supposed to be considered a common “perk” of the job.

As for that “closet” remark, I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with homosexuality so I won’t rise to any of your homophobic comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Woke/Pintman/Johnny are like marmite. I get more entertainment over your ability to wind up others with your mad posts. Keep it up :D

Are you trying to compliment them. Marmite is vomit.

so I won’t rise

No change there so. Poor Mrs H.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement