Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy screen

Options
  • 04-04-2020 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi, heres a photo of my garden. The builders really cheaped out on the low level fences. Any ideas on an economical way to screen and five more privacy? Ideally I’d like to grow something rather than extend the panels so theres something nice to look at.

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Cant attach image in first post for some reason.. here it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You in Oz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I planted willow to form a trellis hedge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I have a lovely rambing rose called the Albrighton rambler. Planted it 2 years ago over a wall and its flying it....it repeats flowering and I had Rose's on it all the way up to Christmas. Loads of ramblers only flower once so watch that if getting one. I have star jasmine on my shed and that is evergreen so you could grow it alongside the rose. I have created loads more jasmine plants by layering. You can get an evergreen honeysuckle as well. Honeysuckle looks fab entertained with roses!

Personally I would add a good strong trellis to the top of the fencing area to support climbing plants but I'm sure stringing two lengths of strong wire across the top will help provide support and will end up being covered by the plants if you are on a budget. Get the plants in now if you can as it's the start of the growing season. There are still a good few garden centres selling online!

Advertisement