Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Licence Drivers during pandemic

Options
  • 04-04-2020 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know if a provisional license driver still requires full licence driver beside them when driving.

My fiance is a health care assistant who only has a provisional license. Is she allowed to drive to work (30 km away) on her own or can i accompany her still and not get in trouble with guards for any reason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres no provisional licence. Theres a learners permit. I havnt heard of any law change to allow learners to driver unaccompanied.

A learners permit is not a driving licence.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You can accompany her. If questioned simply state the facts

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Mutant wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone know if a provisional license driver still requires full licence driver beside them when driving.

My fiance is a health care assistant who only has a provisional license. Is she allowed to drive to work (30 km away) on her own or can i accompany her still and not get in trouble with guards for any reason

No change, as stated above there's no such thing as a learners license, just a permit, she doesn't have a license and needs to be accompanied.
    If stopped just state the fact you were dropping / collecting a front line worker. You wouldn't get in trouble anyway just be told to turn around if your journey is non essential.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I cannot imagine the Gardai turning round anyone who is going to pick up a frontline worker

Advertisement