Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 UrbanGuerrilla

Agenda setting tripe.
    Blue eyed boy, never did anything to anyone.
    No Garda there to protect him, didn’t even answer the phones.
    Then it’s all that gob****e Endas fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

So Fine Gael were behind the regency hotel shootings? Are they behind the countless murders that happened as a result of event too?

Some people have way too much time on their hand (especially these days.) Anyone who takes this nonsense seriously needs their head checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭2PLUS2EQUALS10

Blatant propaganda!

Discover the truth it was titled? ��

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭2PLUS2EQUALS10

Blatant propaganda!

Discover the truth it was titled? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

https:/ /youtu.be/Ds3p6p2UCYg

Enjoy The Regency Documentary it’s up

Comical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Daniel concerned at the lack of police and the safety of boxing fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

This made me laugh the most lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Concerned about himself and funnily enough as he’s in talks with Bahrain boxing about bringing it to a global audience. Anyone who doesn’t see the connection then they need to examine their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What I still don't get about the Regency is that the Kinahan side have never addressed the allegation that they accepted a payoff from The Monk to spare Gary Hutch's life, and that they then reneged on this and had him shot anyway without further provocation. This was ultimately why, even before the one-sided bloodbath from the Byrne side began, so many people had already made of their minds that Daniel was the villain in the story and not any of the Hutches.

How true is any of that? The Hutches literally released a statement about it to the Sunday Times in the days after the Regency which is very unusual in itself. The truth is almost always more complicated than media reports especially when the primary source is people directly involved in such a feud, but when combined with the all-out slaughter of Hutch relatives in the months following the Regency attack, a surprising number of people I talked to about it formed the view that the Kinahan side were out-and-out dishonest scumbags and that the Regency was deserved comeuppance, despite the fact that from all accounts David Byrne had nothing to do with whatever happened between Daniel and Gary and was targeted simply because he was a close friend and they hadn't managed to get their actual target.

Do any of the folks who seem to have a lot of knowledge about this whole feud happen to know if this statement from the Hutches is accurate or is there more to it? It seems odd to me based on everything I've read about Christy Snr that he'd do something like accepting a bribe such as this and then going ahead with a shooting without further provocation towards doing so. But this is the statement which set the tone for how a lot of people came to view the overall feud once it was underway.

In a statement to The Sunday Times, the Hutch family accused the Kinahan cartel of also murdering Eddie Hutch at his Ballybough home last Monday night.

Associates of Gary Hutch were behind an attempted hit on Daniel Kinahan during the audacious gun attack at the Regency Hotel in north Dublin on February 5 that saw drug dealer Byrne whacked.

The Kinahan cartel struck back just three days later as Eddie Hutch died in a hail of bullets.

In their statement, the Hutch family accused the Kinahan cartel of going back on a “truce” agreed between both sides to avoid further bloodshed.

The family said: “Gary had a falling out with the Kinahan organisation. This matter was resolved and €200,000 in cash was paid over to the Kinahans. We shook hands and agreed to walk away. Gary was then murdered for no reason. You cannot trust these people.”

Daniel and Fat Freddie try to escape Irish Sun reporter's questions

The Hutches said they met Kinahan members in the past two weeks at an undisclosed location in Europe.

The statement claims a second demand for another €200,000 cash payment was issued, adding: “The Kinahan organisation have attempted to kill Gerard (‘The Monk’ Hutch) on several occasions in recent months. We are being terrorised by the cartel. Kinahans’ representatives said members of our family would be killed, or forced to leave their homes and Ireland if their demands for money were not met.

“We believe the Kinahan drugs cartel murdered Eddie at his home in Dublin last Monday having approached him days before with demands for money.

Our extended family are under threat from these people.” The Hutches also denied any of the family were involved in the drugs war and insisted that they did not want to get embroiled in violence.

The statement continued: “We are well known in the north inner-city and have no involvement in drugs.

“Our family are involved in various charitable, religious and sports groups which help young people. We are not involved in drug dealing.”

Source is The Sun purely because the Times article is behind a paywall, but I've linked that as well. The statement was originally given directly to the Times and the Sun as usual just copied and pasted it.

https://www.thesun.ie/archives/irish-news/143204/kinahan-boys-are-whack-in-town-mob-brothers-jet-in-for-gangland-burial/

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hutch-family-paid-200-000-to-settle-feud-xqf3h5cwm

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭jay1988

That was literally the biggest pile of ****e I've ever watched.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

In fairness the lack of convictions is a bit funny. The man in the wig is easily identifiable.

What other Country would he not be convicted in ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Well,That's 15 odd minutes we wont get back-BS imo

blinding wrote: »
    In fairness the lack of convictions is a bit funny. The man in the wig is easily identifiable.

What other Country would he not be convicted in ? ? ?

The collapse of that trial is itself shrouded in mystery:

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/02/21/whats-in-the-emails/

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/collapsed-hutch-murder-trial-transcripts-to-be-given-to-gsoc-1.4055279

Of all the controversial and intriguing cases over the last few years, this is one I sincerely hope they manage to get to the bottom of and publish findings some day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Patrick hutch getting off could only happen here
    Was as corrupt a move as any you'd read about anywhere in the world
    The world could see Patrick hutch and flat cap
    State got away with it as it could have poured petrol on that fire that was dying out by then

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Patrick hutch getting off could only happen here
    Was as corrupt a move as any you'd read about anywhere in the world
    The world could see Patrick hutch and flat cap
    State got away with it as it could have poured petrol on that fire that was dying out by then
    There was some collusion somewhere !

Did the state want the Kinahans killed and the Sinn Fein tarnished before the Election ! ! !

Two birds killed with One stone ! ! !

One very true thing is the cops had a deep connection in this, they hoped The Hutch Gang would do their work for them. How they didn’t complete the job when Daniel was within firing distance is still amazing. They paid big time for it and I’m sure the K’s wasn’t to finish this with The Monk as the head to end this. I still always go back to interviews about The Monk that he’s one of the best in the business of long term planning and will wait in the shadows for years to act. Hard to cut the head off the snake in Bahrain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I downloaded it and watched on TV.

The funniest part is they got someone that sounds like highly respected reporter Trevor McDonald to norate the pile of sh1t.

I was kinda expecting the Daniel Kinahan character to fly up and save Lois Lane from falling down the side of a Sky Scraper

and do some sort of Jesus / Mother Theresa Miracle ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭jay1988

Should have known it'd be awful when the sponsors where introduced by that bloke with horrific brummie accent.

One very true thing is the cops had a deep connection in this, they hoped The Hutch Gang would do their work for them. How they didn’t complete the job when Daniel was within firing distance is still amazing. They paid big time for it and I’m sure the K’s wasn’t to finish this with The Monk as the head to end this. I still always go back to interviews about The Monk that he’s one of the best in the business of long term planning and will wait in the shadows for years to act. Hard to cut the head off the snake in Bahrain though.

I heard a rumour at the time (on one of the Boards threads, indeed) that they were supremely unlucky not just in that the weigh-in had been moved, thus foiling their plan to sneak in through the side doors, but also that Daniel had just happened to be outside taking a phone call or something at the moment they decided to storm the function room, and was pulled into a car by a bodyguard when he heard the commotion coming from inside. Again no idea if this is accurate, but it would make sense since as you say, the idea that they didn't get him if he was front and centre at the event is absurd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

How the f that Patrick Hutch got off with that is a madness. He’s been papped walking out! I know it’s him so if they used facial mapping etc there’s no way out of it.
    Ireland is a crazy place

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

jay1988 wrote: »
    Should have known it'd be awful when the sponsors where introduced by that bloke with horrific brummie accent.

Sponsor is also located conveniently located in the same area as the homes of bomber and Byrne

I heard a rumour at the time (on one of the Boards threads, indeed) that they were supremely unlucky not just in that the weigh-in had been moved, thus foiling their plan to sneak in through the side doors, but also that Daniel had just happened to be outside taking a phone call or something at the moment they decided to storm the function room, and was pulled into a car by a bodyguard when he heard the commotion coming from inside. Again no idea if this is accurate, but it would make sense since as you say, the idea that they didn't get him if he was front and centre at the event is absurd.

I think Kevin Costner pulled him into the car

Mago MVP wrote: »
    How the f that Patrick Hutch got off with that is a madness. He’s been papped walking out! I know it’s him so if they used facial mapping etc there’s no way out of it.
    Ireland is a crazy place
    Obviously if any of the gang were convicted then a lot more was going to come out. Just too much $h!t to be thrown / blown.

Some of the Gardaí must be outside the Law ! ! !

Mago MVP wrote: »
    I think Kevin Costner pulled him into the car

With Whitney Houston in the back :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

What I still don't get about the Regency is that the Kinahan side have never addressed the allegation that they accepted a payoff from The Monk to spare Gary Hutch's life, and that they then reneged on this and had him shot anyway without further provocation. This was ultimately why, even before the one-sided bloodbath from the Byrne side began, so many people had already made of their minds that Daniel was the villain in the story and not any of the Hutches.

How true is any of that? The Hutches literally released a statement about it to the Sunday Times in the days after the Regency which is very unusual in itself. The truth is almost always more complicated than media reports especially when the primary source is people directly involved in such a feud, but when combined with the all-out slaughter of Hutch relatives in the months following the Regency attack, a surprising number of people I talked to about it formed the view that the Kinahan side were out-and-out dishonest scumbags and that the Regency was deserved comeuppance, despite the fact that from all accounts David Byrne had nothing to do with whatever happened between Daniel and Gary and was targeted simply because he was a close friend and they hadn't managed to get their actual target.

Do any of the folks who seem to have a lot of knowledge about this whole feud happen to know if this statement from the Hutches is accurate or is there more to it? It seems odd to me based on everything I've read about Christy Snr that he'd do something like accepting a bribe such as this and then going ahead with a shooting without further provocation towards doing so. But this is the statement which set the tone for how a lot of people came to view the overall feud once it was underway.

In a statement to The Sunday Times, the Hutch family accused the Kinahan cartel of also murdering Eddie Hutch at his Ballybough home last Monday night.

Associates of Gary Hutch were behind an attempted hit on Daniel Kinahan during the audacious gun attack at the Regency Hotel in north Dublin on February 5 that saw drug dealer Byrne whacked.

The Kinahan cartel struck back just three days later as Eddie Hutch died in a hail of bullets.

In their statement, the Hutch family accused the Kinahan cartel of going back on a “truce” agreed between both sides to avoid further bloodshed.

The family said: “Gary had a falling out with the Kinahan organisation. This matter was resolved and €200,000 in cash was paid over to the Kinahans. We shook hands and agreed to walk away. Gary was then murdered for no reason. You cannot trust these people.”

Daniel and Fat Freddie try to escape Irish Sun reporter's questions

The Hutches said they met Kinahan members in the past two weeks at an undisclosed location in Europe.

The statement claims a second demand for another €200,000 cash payment was issued, adding: “The Kinahan organisation have attempted to kill Gerard (‘The Monk’ Hutch) on several occasions in recent months. We are being terrorised by the cartel. Kinahans’ representatives said members of our family would be killed, or forced to leave their homes and Ireland if their demands for money were not met.

“We believe the Kinahan drugs cartel murdered Eddie at his home in Dublin last Monday having approached him days before with demands for money.

Our extended family are under threat from these people.” The Hutches also denied any of the family were involved in the drugs war and insisted that they did not want to get embroiled in violence.

The statement continued: “We are well known in the north inner-city and have no involvement in drugs.

“Our family are involved in various charitable, religious and sports groups which help young people. We are not involved in drug dealing.”

Source is The Sun purely because the Times article is behind a paywall, but I've linked that as well. The statement was originally given directly to the Times and the Sun as usual just copied and pasted it.

https://www.thesun.ie/archives/irish-news/143204/kinahan-boys-are-whack-in-town-mob-brothers-jet-in-for-gangland-burial/

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hutch-family-paid-200-000-to-settle-feud-xqf3h5cwm

There was no money paid over.

You'll have to go back to go forward.

St stephen green robbery 2009, moneies invested to cancer who wasn't paying it back

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Bank_of_Ireland_robbery

August 3rd, 2014 jamie Moore shot outside cancers house, cancer was the target.

15 August 2014 a Patrick was shot twice in the legs.
    https://www.rte.ie/amp/637504/

November 2015, red cow shooting, Daniel was the target, but papers said it was tango.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/gangland-tensions-mount-as-fat-freddies-cousin-escapes-botched-hit-outside-hotel-34181834.html

December 2015 the monk targeted in Lanzarote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/2111937/jailed-sunset-house-hitman-eamonn-cumberton-tried-to-kill-gerry-the-monk-hutch-at-lanzarote-pub-in-2015/amp/

5 February 2016, the regancy Daniel was the target,

The theory is that David was the one told to shoot the Patrick in 2014, and that's why he was coldly taken out, while Sean McGovern and Aaron Bugler was only injured.

The day after the regancy the supposedly 12 names involved were leaked to Jaws Byrne and the bloodshed started by Daniel and the Byrnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Apart from Flatcap & Patrick Hutch, who else were the gunmen at the Regency?
    Mago maybe? Any of the other Hutches?

It was obviously well planned in parts by the Monk except they didnt plan well enough to make sure they got DK.

Why did they try and take him out like that?
    As the documentary said wouldn’t it have just been easier to do it as he entered?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

In fairness the whole thing is Hollywood stuff..

The target escaped with his life saved by something as trivial as a phone call

The shooter was literally photographed by journos smoking gun in hand and walked Scott free from court

The detective blew his brains out in a suicide..

If I was a yank reading all that I'd def be thinking Ireland was as corrupt as Mexico...

• Advertisement

The fact they got the wrong room first was some balls and very unlucky for The Hutches, I think similar would of happened even if they had killed Daniel but maybe even on a bigger scale but it would of hit the K’s harder long term. From what I’ve read of Daniel was his security pulled him out the minute the hustle and bustle started. The killers weren’t very good who were in the room at the time, the guys disguised as Garda should of been the ones in the room to take him out. They would never get a better chance but I think the whole thing was supposed to be a message to storm a place and get the job done. They could of taken Daniel out when he was outside originally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement