Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 090LD

I'm surprised I haven't seen that much speculation of why DK has been on PR drive the last few weeks, massive criminals over in Dubai have been extradited the last few months and its clearly getting to a point that Dk is worried he's next.

Its no coincidence that this has been happening along side numerous members of the cartel being found guilty in the courts the last 2 weeks.

Law firm in UK being hired, speculating the state has tried to kill him -- the next few months will be interesting to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

Noseygit wrote: »
    Where are you going with "there was guards there"? There was no guards there.

Guards were there under cover, for intelligence gathering purposes, they couldn't do anything because they were outnumbered and weren't armed.
    Noseygit wrote: »
    I reckon he's a Scouser

I reckon Barhain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

Guards were there under cover, for intelligence gathering purposes, they couldn't do anything because they were outnumbered and weren't armed.

So I still work for Kinahans even though I said MTK was a front? Haha - I give up

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

If they gardai were there and they were armed and tried anything they would be pushing up daisies now

Mago MVP wrote: »
    So I still work for Kinahans even though I said MTK was a front? Haha - I give up

Relax there's a smile face there. You're from Russia? :)
    Deco Barry wrote: »
    If they gardai were there and they were armed and tried anything they would be pushing up daisies now

Exactly, undercovers have to leave crimes happen, to not break cover. They were there but they could do sweet f all about what was unfolding.

• Advertisement

Relax there's a smile face there. You're from Russia? :)

Exactly, undercovers have to leave crimes happen, to not break cover. They were there but they could do sweet f all about what was unfolding.

So because they were undercover they couldn’t even radio for armed response?
    Not having that mate

And yeah I’m Russian - You got me

So because they were undercover they couldn’t even radio for armed response?
    Not having that mate

And yeah I’m Russian - You got me

If you're undercover, you don't do anything to break that cover, especially if there's guys with ak

The real guards were there within 3 and a half minutes not 23 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Ah lads dont go to WhatsApp. Some of us want to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

090LD wrote: »
    I'm surprised I haven't seen that much speculation of why DK has been on PR drive the last few weeks, massive criminals over in Dubai have been extradited the last few months and its clearly getting to a point that Dk is worried he's next.

Its no coincidence that this has been happening along side numerous members of the cartel being found guilty in the courts the last 2 weeks.

Law firm in UK being hired, speculating the state has tried to kill him -- the next few months will be interesting to say the least.

Yeah and Im thinking this new connection to the Bahrain royal family is significant in that he might see his time in Dubai as coming to an end when other criminals are getting extradited from there.He might be hedging his bets in case the Dubai royal family would ship him back to Ireland. Sheikh al-Maktoum of Dubai has a lot of interests in Ireland, Kildangan Stud in Kildare town and Ballymany Stud outside Newbridge so its not like the Irish government doesnt have a direct line to this guy. The Sheikh makes millions out of Ireland by renting out his stallions for up to 250k a shag to cover mares and its all tax free revenue.

So Bahrain could be Daniels next move if things arent looking good in Dubai. I wouldnt fancy living in Bahrain, its even more conservative than Dubai, theres nothing there and all you'd have to look forward to is the Formula 1 once a year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 rascart

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah and Im thinking this new connection to the Bahrain royal family is significant in that he might see his time in Dubai as coming to an end when other criminals are getting extradited from there.He might be hedging his bets in case the Dubai royal family would ship him back to Ireland. Sheikh al-Maktoum of Dubai has a lot of interests in Ireland, Kildangan Stud in Kildare town and Ballymany Stud outside Newbridge so its not like the Irish government doesnt have a direct line to this guy. The Sheikh makes millions out of Ireland by renting out his stallions for up to 250k a shag to cover mares and its all tax free revenue.

So Bahrain could be Daniels next move if things arent looking good in Dubai. I wouldnt fancy living in Bahrain, its even more conservative than Dubai, theres nothing there and all you'd have to look forward to is the Formula 1 once a year.

yea i think that could be the thinking there.
    is there much from the whistleblower these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 090LD

Bit more of a conspiracy here but RTE has put up an article about last night documentary on the shooting, it mentions that it looks like they used the actual hotel for scenes for it, I noticed it looked very similar to it as well. If that's true, isn't strange the hotel would allow filming there?

Is there any connection between Kinahan and that hotel ? It's been renamed the Bonnington Dublin which is notorious now due to last place Icelandic Jon Jonsson was last located before he went missing after a poker game. Hotel hasn't been blessed with luck in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Something going on in Portmarnock?

A few tweets going that a gang from Darndale has attacked an off duty guard.

No media picked it up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

Would like to see the media in the North take more off it on and put it to the boxers and Sinn Fein.

Strange SF as republicans had mtk fight night as there biggest card on the falls last year.

Bit more of a conspiracy here but RTE has put up an article about last night documentary on the shooting, it mentions that it looks like they used the actual hotel for scenes for it, I noticed it looked very similar to it as well. If that's true, isn't strange the hotel would allow filming there?

Is there any connection between Kinahan and that hotel ? It's been renamed the Bonnington Dublin which is notorious now due to last place Icelandic Jon Jonsson was last located before he went missing after a poker game. Hotel hasn't been blessed with luck in the last few years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/kinahan-hotel-gang-3840678-Feb2018/%3famp=1

Make of that what you.will, the whistleblower has said something about a hotel accepting.drug money.

Obviously the production crew, pasted off they were making a renactment of the day of the shooting, it will all come.out when, who and we already know who.paid for.it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/kinahan-hotel-gang-3840678-Feb2018/%3famp=1

Make of that what you.will, the whistleblower has said something about a hotel accepting.drug money.

Obviously the production crew, pasted off they were making a renactment of the day of the shooting, it will all come.out when, who and we already know who.paid for.it.
    The production definitely had more money put in to in than scarcitys other ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

You're spot on there,i can remember reading something along the lines of daniel helping the hotel out when they were losing business after the regency attack and he was washing money in the process,also the whistleblower mentions quite a lot that veronica guerin's son works for a hotel of the same name in dubai

Lads Nicola tallant twitter is blowing up from Scot accounts foaming at the mouth, because she said she watch the worst movie ever.

Their ebook flopped, the rapper was sh!te, and now their documentary has flopped and is been ridiculed also, it's glorious to watch.

fairly raw

Why was Hatchet whacked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Thethunder

Why was Hatchet whacked?

And Paul aswell, what's the story there?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

The reception area (in the documentary) was definitely made to look like the Regency.
    And if it wasn’t for the ‘R’ logo on the floor pointing in the wrong direction, they might have gotten away with it.
    Does anybody know where the doc was actually made?
    And also, how did word not get out, when it was being filmed?
    Finally, another ‘coincidence’ that I’ve never seen linked, is that the Bonnington Hotel group were investigated in 2017, regarding allegations that they allowed the KOCG to invest laundered money with them. Then at the beginning of 2018, the Regency changed its name to the Bonnington. Oh, and the main Bonnington Hotel just happens to be located in Dubai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Something going on in Portmarnock?

A few tweets going that a gang from Darndale has attacked an off duty guard.

No media picked it up yet

Seen a squad car going down Collins avenue about 8.45. Must have been hitting 70 or 80. Mental

Thethunder wrote: »
    And Paul aswell, what's the story there?

Skimming the kinahans money, a criminal was paying back money, which wasn't getting back to them.

https://m.herald.ie/news/two-brothers-shot-dead-six-months-apart-as-part-of-bitter-gang-cash-row-31424292.html

Suspected shooter of Paul was Gary hutches BEST FRIEND, "This won't end until Daniel Kinahan is dead"

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭John_Gill

Isn't that what someone who was pro MTK / part of MTK would say. First rule of counter intelligence. You knoe. Mislead everyone. I think she doth protest too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Watcher101

New story in the news of the world just posted.

Is there any truth to this ?

NT on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Watcher101

Two stories posted in fact

I’m talking about the Lawlor story

Seems far fetched to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2020/0518/1139184-daniel-kinahan-film/

Seems the video has totally backfired, the heat is on too find out who made it.

What were they expecting.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Closing this thread for a while to tidy some things up

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Opening back up

A large number of posts and one poster removed

Can I remind everyone to read and abide by all the warnings in the Opening Post

If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave teh modding to the mods

Remain civil

Do not make claims about guilt or otherwise of anyone in the absence of a court decision that supports your comments

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

On first viewing of the doc I thought it was actually the Regency reception. But they just showed a clip of the documentary now on Claire Byrne live with Paul Reynolds and the big circie on the ground of the reception area looked to me to be a big sticker rather than the tiles you would expect.
    The production definitely had more money put in to in than scarcitys other ones.

Without a doubt this doc cost serious money. Production crew, set design and construction, 50+ actors and extras, camera men, lighitng and sound technicians, post production and editing, absolutely everything down to even the creation of the fake Garda uniforms for the tactical team meaning costume designers were involved too. This was not a small undertaking and far, far outside what Scarcity have produced before which is nothing more than screenshots of newspaper articles, tweets and drone footage with the Brummie narrator on top.

The media will be trying to out whoever the actor who played Daniel was. I doubt he wants it on his IMDB profile !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement