Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SoSolidFool

dec1892 wrote: »
    Reading back through this thread and the Alan Ryan gang that was operating in Dublin back in the early 2010's, since that particular IRA unit was been wiped out, has another IRA unit (NIRA, CIRA) stepped in taxing or doing racketeering in around Dublin these days? Don't hear too much on it, although Saoradh seem to be quite active on social media.

Would you Culchies ever stop going on about the IRA in this thread?

They are not relevant anymore and the drug gangs would wipe those splinter groups into oblivion if they so wanted.

The IRA of the 70s and 80s are mostly pensioners now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Unless they made a direct allegation against them, can they be?

They heavily implied that members of the Mansfield family kept some odd company despite (to my knowledge) none of them having serious convictions, but never followed it with the caveat of "no involvement in crime".

No convictions yet
    Jim jnr is before the courts on serious charges
    The Mansfield saga is one of the biggest scandals in the state

Would you Culchies ever stop going on about the IRA in this thread?

They are not relevant anymore and the drug gangs would wipe those splinter groups into oblivion if they so wanted.

The IRA of the 70s and 80s are mostly pensioners now.
    Exactly.
    It does be embarrassing seeing them mentioned here
    Their bull**** died when Alan Ryan died and Mr big lived

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Haladmirer wrote: »
    The Mansfield saga is one of the biggest scandals in the state

forget about mickey mouse documentaries

a Hollywood crime blockbuster could be made out of that story

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

All this stuff - Mansfield’s, Cartel, Regency, Fox will make a quality film

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 rascart

Sound very jealous. For a guy who could’ve very easily ended up down that path he seems to have stayed out of trouble. You can’t pick who your parents are.

he wasnt allowed get involved

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Is that really his father?

irishtimes.com/news/five-years-for-raping-prostitutes-1.194502+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

For that to be true, he would have had to have been released from prison 12 months into what would have been a (with remission) 45 month sentence (3/4ths of 5 years), as TP was born in Feb 2002. Meaning he would have had to have been back on the streets by circa June 2001.

Unless he was on remand for 3 years prior to his trial, with sounds highly unlikely, the maths don't seem to add up on that one.

I know back in the day young lads sometimes got a "sentence review" which wiped the slate clean, but a double rapist would sound like one of the least deserving cases for it.

Just gone off the lad who gave me the name. Is the same case, so I presume it’s the same lad who died. Didn’t go into that too much to find release dates and calculate numbers. Feel for Troy when the media find that out, could be messy to be honest. Not many footballers are the offspring of someone like that.

Just gone off the lad who gave me the name. Is the same case, so I presume it’s the same lad who died. Didn’t go into that too much to find release dates and calculate numbers. Feel for Troy when the media find that out, could be messy to be honest. Not many footballers are the offspring of someone like that.

fairly sure thats hes dad alright.
    jack byrne is related to the byrnes too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Codswallop.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Hasnt Paul Williams written about Mansfield and Weston?
    Can't remember
    Just to know how much to say

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

rascart wrote: »
    Just our luck that two talented football lads could have those sort of connections.:mad:

Its not as if they are growing on trees in Ireland. I wonder if this has anything to do with Jack Byrne not making it in England ?

Didn’t Jose Mourinho say something a bit worrying about Troy Parrott in this regard as well !:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

Just gone off the lad who gave me the name. Is the same case, so I presume it’s the same lad who died. .

It's definitely the same AB who was murdered in 2009, the reports at the time mentioned his prior conviction.

Not to doubt you but the maths seem very strange. A year is a ridiculously small sentence to serve for a double rape, and 3 years would be a ridiculously long time to spend on remand.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Thats interesting.. With himself and Graham Burke both playing for Rovers. Didnt the Kinahans/Byrnes try to shoot Burkes father outside the boxing arena or that is what was reported. Wonder does it be awkward between the lads. Your relations trying to kill a teamates father.

Mago MVP wrote: »
    All this stuff - Mansfield’s, Cartel, Regency, Fox will make a quality film

I always thought the main trafficker in The Guard was inspired by the late Mansfield.

blinding wrote: »
    Just our luck that two talented football lads could have those sort of connections.:mad:

Its not as if they are growing on trees in Ireland. I wonder if this has anything to do with Jack Byrne not making it in England ?

Didn’t Jose Mourinho say something a bit worrying about Troy Parrott in this regard as well !:mad:

jack’s a bit off the rails for someone in his line of work. can understand what happened at city, but wigan,oldham,kilmarnock ran him. heard he enjoyed himself in holland. and blackburn couldnt deal with him either

jack’s a bit off the rails for someone in his line of work. can understand what happened at city, but wigan,oldham,kilmarnock ran him. heard he enjoyed himself in holland. and blackburn couldnt deal with him either
    Once or maybe twice can happen but when it keeps happening then Maybe the Man is the Problem ! ! !

Once or maybe twice can happen but when it keeps happening then Maybe the Man is the Problem ! ! !

its a pity. he was quality at u-18
    good to see him playin league of ireland tho, at least hes still playin

Most young Irish players were sessioners in their teens and throughout their career until very very recently, and a handful still are. Even the greats, both Keanes, Richard Dunne etc. It only becomes more magnified when the PL is filled with continental kids and ones of African background that wouldn't have the same excessive drinking culture Irish and British youth have.

Most of us were on the sauce 4 nights a week when we were working in McDonalds, stacking shelves or on apprenticeships. Imagine what you would have done with four figures a week back then.

Thats interesting.. With himself and Graham Burke both playing for Rovers. Didnt the Kinahans/Byrnes try to shoot Burkes father outside the boxing arena or that is what was reported. Wonder does it be awkward between the lads. Your relations trying to kill a teamates father.

jack would of been first cousins with david

Most young Irish players were sessioners in their teens and throughout their career until very very recently, and a handful still are. Even the greats, both Keanes, Richard Dunne etc. It only becomes more magnified when the PL is filled with continental kids and ones of African background that wouldn't have the same excessive drinking culture Irish and British youth have.

Most of us were on the sauce 4 nights a week when we were working in McDonalds, stacking shelves or on apprenticeships. Imagine what you would have done with four figures a week back then.
    A good chance I would have ended in jail but that does not make it a pity.

If young Irish lads are behaving that way now, why would the better clubs put up with that when they can pick lads from all over the world that won’t carry on that way !

• Advertisement

Sure TP is best mates with the Byrnes son. Which must be mad considering that with where he's from TP must surely be friendly with people who have lost family or good friends on the Hutch side.

A good chance I would have ended in jail but that does not make it a pity.

If young Irish lads are behaving that way now, why would the better clubs put up with that when they can pick lads from all over the world that won’t carry on that way !

Absolutely. Opening the EPL borders is a prime reason we don't have players at top clubs any more.

Richard Dunne was a top class player but his drunken antics in his early days wouldn't have seen him last with any top 5 team in 2020 unless he was a top 3 in the world level defender.

Christian Vieri once told of how he went to a teenage Robbie Keane's flat in Milan and found 200 beers in the fridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

its a pity. he was quality at u-18
    good to see him playin league of ireland tho, at least hes still playin

He's still class and is an international for Ireland. Could make it at Championship level now I'd say. Sometimes you just can't settle away from home despite having talent and it affects your game.

I saw Burke's da and Froggy Fagan at Dalymount not long after the shooting at the boxing stadium. The crowd chanting, ''shot in the morning, you're getting shot in the morning!''. Bloody mad.

Omackeral wrote: »

I saw Burke's da and Froggy Fagan at Dalymount not long after the shooting at the boxing stadium. The crowd chanting, ''shot in the morning, you're getting shot in the morning!''. Bloody mad.

I was there at the next Bohs Rovers match, we were shouting it at Burke as he took a corner as I recall :D

Codswallop.

Elaborate ?

Elaborate ?

i wouldnt even bother.
    a certain type of individual comes out with that word. thats is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

"When the media find out" you can bet your bottom dollar if it is true they already know about it

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Jamie Moore was shot at K villa in Aug '14.
    Supposedly mistaken identity or just bad aim.

Is it known who tried to shoot who?
    Does that explain - who started this feud leading to Gary Hutch in Sep '15?

i wouldnt even bother.
    a certain type of individual comes out with that word. thats is all.

I had to google it lol felt like my leaving cert all over again :/

• Advertisement

I had to google it lol felt like my leaving cert all over again :/
    Refresh our memories ! I can’t be bothered searching the thread !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement