Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Can't see how anybody could recruit peeps in the name of Republicanism, I mean it's not the 70s or 80s where the Brits were harassing half the country

Drug gangs up North running the Catholic sides of towns, PSNI let them in return for info on dissidents.

Dissidents don't have much support except for a couple of places

Huge power void there now that Provos are supporting politics

They are very capable of sorting a few big players out but the political fallout is too great

Shinners are the biggest party on the island and the price is letting drug gangs run a lot of towns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Joe Kaine wrote: »
    lol they can barely even shoot one another ffs. It's not fckin' mexico city pal.

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

grayzer75 wrote: »
    It was washed diesel he was transporting- apparently he panicked because the cops were in the area, he left the truck and trailer which was then found by the cops later on.

He then had to go back and explain to his bosses what happened and it escalated from there. No matter what happened he didn't deserve the ending he got, it was savage and brutal.

That and I heard he slapped the son of a well known South Armagh Provo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Thethunder

Threads fallen apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SoSolidFool

Thethunder wrote: »
    Threads fallen apart.

shut up you fool...,,,,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

https://magill.ie/archive/murder-impunity

Paul Quinn Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

That was his mother obviously

No there was a young one speaking in it aswel if you listen correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

How much would a tanker of diesal have cost them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Thethunder wrote: »
    Threads fallen apart.
    shut up you fool...,,,,,,

worldburn-top.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Just got word that someone was shot in Rathmullen. Not sure if it's true though.

EDIT.

It seems not, I was just sent this.

Nah they didn’t, podge Johnson was on a mad one smashing up a gaff and Garda came to get him and he tried killing himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Just got word that someone was shot in Rathmullen. Not sure if it's true though.

Haven’t heard or seen anything outside? That bring said I’m taking a ****e at the minute. I’ll check in a few minutes. Let me just think about old regrets.

Update: Seen one of those black jeeps with Garda on the side. What are they just normal police or a special unit. But no sign of anything?

Haven’t heard or seen anything outside? That bring said I’m taking a ****e at the minute. I’ll check in a few minutes. Let me just think about old regrets.

Update: Seen one of those black jeeps with Garda on the side. What are they just normal police or a special unit. But no sign of anything?

How is Rathmullen since the whole KMW incident? Is it still very tense? Are there people still walking around that locals suspect were involved?

How is Rathmullen since the whole KMW incident? Is it still very tense? Are there people still walking around that locals suspect were involved?

Yeah place has been quite enough lately. Mainly due to our lockdown circumstances but yeah a real shock has hit the community since the murder. Obviously the estate has a reputation but this was on another level what happened. Whole place shocked. Yeah all I see are ‘runners’ driving about and walking to the shop. Few kids up to no good but I’m glad to see the major lads all ****ed off mainly. Close knit community sticking together (surprising an older population than most ‘rougher’ estates would have) so that keeps more indoors and all activity noticed as less on the street. Have seen lads that were involved and know information still but yeah personally I actually think lockdown been great for the estate. Slowed the crime and mischief right up.

Yeah place has been quite enough lately. Mainly due to our lockdown circumstances but yeah a real shock has hit the community since the murder. Obviously the estate has a reputation but this was on another level what happened. Whole place shocked. Yeah all I see are ‘runners’ driving about and walking to the shop. Few kids up to no good but I’m glad to see the major lads all ****ed off mainly. Close knit community sticking together (surprising an older population than most ‘rougher’ estates would have) so that keeps more indoors and all activity noticed as less on the street. Have seen lads that were involved and know information still but yeah personally I actually think lockdown been great for the estate. Slowed the crime and mischief right up.

That's interesting. Would those that are involved in crime in the estate be entirely made up of the Anti-Maguire faction or is there independent or even Maguire affiliated people living there?

Is there still a heavy garda presence? Those that are involved and still hanging around have they been challenged? I remember seeing a video of one of them signing on at a garda station and being abused for cutting up the kid. How are the families of those involved in the killing being treated by the local community?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

This Gibbons family in Darndale, shot a neighbour for £3 debt, in 2000. 3 bros involved.
    In today's money about a fiver. Is this the record?
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/two-years-jail-for-man-who-shot-neighbour-in-debt-dispute-1.250229

If you think they learned a lesson, afraid not. Read on.
    In 2007, one of above bros, Paul Gibbon and a pal Ian Daly, tore a man out of his car by side of Dublin airport runway and beat him to death.
    Got unknown years and 11 years respectively in late 2009/ early 2010.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/icrime/man-charged-with-murder-of-estonian-81364.html

These are the current Clayo peers. God help us.
    Maybe they've advise the young bucks to change their ways

That's interesting. Would those that are involved in crime in the estate be entirely made up of the Anti-Maguire faction or is there independent or even Maguire affiliated people living there?

Is there still a heavy garda presence? Those that are involved and still hanging around have they been challenged? I remember seeing a video of one of them signing on at a garda station and being abused for cutting up the kid. How are the families of those involved in the killing being treated by the local community?

Mainly anti-McGuire I’d reckon . But see drogheda has no boundaries basically if that makes sense. KMW lived across the road from the estate maybe about 200m-250m from his death place. So theirs little distinct areas of anti or pro this. I don’t speak to or speak of any crime **** so I wouldn’t know. People are very tight lipped unless you’re in the know. Like I do know people who’s anti-McGuire but I know the mcguires aswell as I lived next door to a few relatives years back while in with the girlfriend. To cut the waffle it’s mainly anti-Mac guire here though.

There’s a boost in Garda presence but obviously it enough but they don’t have the equipment for that constant monitoring. I’d say one car an hour or two would drive by my house. Is that acceptable levels I’m not even sure, maybe it is. That kid in the video is well known to the community. Scumbag. ****e tracksuit on him aswell. They are being ignored from what I can see. People are scared to be associated with them or seen speaking to them. I’d say a quick hello while at the Deli lol waiting for my chicken roll but that’s it. Just keeping my head down and trying to keep my employment in the building trade while hoping to get the **** out of the estate into an nicer area of drogheda so I can allow my kids to play outside without joining a gang or getting chopped up

Mainly anti-McGuire I’d reckon . But see drogheda has no boundaries basically if that makes sense. KMW lived across the road from the estate maybe about 200m-250m from his death place. So theirs little distinct areas of anti or pro this. I don’t speak to or speak of any crime **** so I wouldn’t know. People are very tight lipped unless you’re in the know. Like I do know people who’s anti-McGuire but I know the mcguires aswell as I lived next door to a few relatives years back while in with the girlfriend. To cut the waffle it’s mainly anti-Mac guire here though.

There’s a boost in Garda presence but obviously it enough but they don’t have the equipment for that constant monitoring. I’d say one car an hour or two would drive by my house. Is that acceptable levels I’m not even sure, maybe it is. That kid in the video is well known to the community. Scumbag. ****e tracksuit on him aswell. They are being ignored from what I can see. People are scared to be associated with them or seen speaking to them. I’d say a quick hello while at the Deli lol waiting for my chicken roll but that’s it. Just keeping my head down and trying to keep my employment in the building trade while hoping to get the **** out of the estate into an nicer area of drogheda so I can allow my kids to play outside without joining a gang or getting chopped up

Yeah I saw that KMW even had a tweet where he tagged PC in it and they seemed to be friendly. He was even friends with some of the people accused of being involved in his murder on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Don Logan wrote: »
    He never spent any of that time for murdering people though, that time he done in jail was all for drugs.

Racketeering, but your point stands Don

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Fair play to you pal get out as quick as you can. Cant be easy for decent people bring up kids with that scum next door. Wouldnt take much for kids get involved as it would be seen as cool to teenagers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Thedoors

The provos would get their asses handed to them these days. The average provo is an old man today and they are limited in numbers.

These drug gangs are paying kids as low as 50 euros to do a shooting according to a local at the scene of the shooting yesterday and there is no let up in the kids willing to do it. The kids have absolutely no fear. KMW was tortured and dismembered, his body parts thrown around estates in Dublin and not one of those kids went into hiding and Robbie Lawlor is now dead.

If the provos tried to police Dublin they would meet a similar end to the Real IRA who were easily wiped out.

I've said it before but you Culchies need to understand that the former iRA is just not the force commandeering respect that it once was. Certainly not in the south. These kids are doing whatever they want in the 'Sinn Fein' estates in Dublin and no one is stopping them.

I am sorry to burst your romanticism bubble notions of the all powerful Provisional IRA that could keep things in order in these estates but its a fantasy, these kids would gut them like fish if they came down and tried to enforce rule for the Sinn Fein councillors
    You actually dont know what your talking about.your just convinced you do.the provos still very much exist.they are not to be crossed by any gang in the country and people at the top know that...believe it or believe it not it was the provos who orchestrated the amalgamation of the new ira.the killing of alan ryan the merging of republican groups under one umberella to be controlled from the top.the weeding out of militant republicans north to south and off to jail with them.these are facts.a dirty move yes.but a genius move all the same.to say the provos are gone and are grandas shows you know sweet **** all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Thethunder

Thedoors wrote: »
    You actually dont know what your talking about.your just convinced you do.the provos still very much exist.they are not to be crossed by any gang in the country and people at the top know that...believe it or believe it not it was the provos who orchestrated the amalgamation of the new ira.the killing of alan ryan the merging of republican groups under one umberella to be controlled from the top.the weeding out of militant republicans north to south and off to jail with them.these are facts.a dirty move yes.but a genius move all the same.to say the provos are gone and are grandas shows you know sweet **** all

Yes, very little is spoken about the involvement of the ira in the regency. Ira gunmen and weapons were used as well as a claim of responsibility.

The Monk is also very friendly with older Provos.. There's a reason why the main guys on the hutch side are hiding up north. They haven't gone away.

Would you know Keith C and Nicola k from there both convicted of murder/manslaughter up there done time with keith the chap is cracking up and out of his mind with paranoia ended up going on to protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Many of the people being killed around Coolock are mates with each other or family members. Lawlors, Finns, Deans, Lynch & other disappeared etc. Its always someone ya know. (except Jordan D didnt know, hired lad from Tallaght)
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/4250929/man-remanded-charged-murder-jordan-davis/
    dont know if Wayne Cooney above if sentenced yet.

Btw - Is there a reference place to see who got what sentence? if the papers dont print it.

Greenthumb# mentioned last night, a Leicester connection to RC, assuming its a supply line, that maybe that gang may resurrect. Any word?
    Be amazing if becomes supply line for all gangs. Unfortunate to lose 2 members along the way, but aslong as money keeps coming in.

The whole thing about the RA controlling drugs but not being involved. You simply cannot be in charge or authority with no money, controlling those with money. Hence RA group would have to make money from drugs, else they're no ones boss. Any gang needs all traits, people support and money.
    The only RA or provo gang that will overtake dealers will be a RA gang that deals - like in north.
    I suspect anyone tries rise against dealer gangs, will inevitably need money and end up dealing in order to stay in power.
    Its like real life GAME of THRONES, where they all keep trying to take over.

Yeah I saw that KMW even had a tweet where he tagged PC in it and they seemed to be friendly. He was even friends with some of the people accused of being involved in his murder on social media.

Yeah what’s ****ed is I seen him hanging around near daily with relatives of the people who killed him. See he was basically a Rathmullan lad, was in here every day. Had to tell him to get the **** off my wall on occasion. Haven’t seen that tweet, you got a link? But yeah in short he was friendly with his killers. He was pals with all sides of the fued which is dangerous to be. Think he seriously underestimated the brutality of some people . But then again we all did. I grew up with PC and he was a wronger but the last 5 years I don’t know what happened. To underestimate him like I did is easy I suppose. Small, not massively built.roid and coke head but you wouldn’t be intimidated by him if you didn’t know him. Easy to see why Keane for some reason thought he could outsmart him (not hard lol) but unfortunately for the lad it ended very bad. Keane wasn’t a nice chap in all means but it was excessive what happened to him. Rant over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

DD1518 wrote: »
    Would you know Keith C and Nicola k from there both convicted of murder/manslaughter up there done time with keith the chap is cracking up and out of his mind with paranoia ended up going on to protection.

She the one that burnt the house and killed the woman?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/kavanagh-jailed-after-her-arson-attack-on-home-34726278.html

A Drogheda woman who admitted killing a grandmother she didn’t know in a random arson attack at Chord Road almost two years ago has been jailed for eight years.

Nicola Kavanagh (28), from Rathmullen Park, admitted arson at the home of Eva Berrill, a 73-year-old wheelchair user who was asleep in the front downstairs bedroom in the early hours of August 16 2014

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/babysitter-stabbed-childs-father-with-knife-after-row-27131962.html

THE trial is continuing at the Central Criminal Court of the young Drogheda man who fatally stabbed the father of the young girl he and his girlfriend were babysitting

Keith Cunningham (19), of Halpin's Terrace, Drogheda, Co Louth, has pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty of the manslaughter of Martin Desmond 'Des' Kimmins (41) at Rathmullen Park, Drogheda, on December 30th, 2007.

In the latest evidence, the court was told that Cunningham told the man he is accused of murdering 'he was going to stick a knife in his face'.

She the one that burnt the house and killed the woman?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/kavanagh-jailed-after-her-arson-attack-on-home-34726278.html

A Drogheda woman who admitted killing a grandmother she didn’t know in a random arson attack at Chord Road almost two years ago has been jailed for eight years.

Nicola Kavanagh (28), from Rathmullen Park, admitted arson at the home of Eva Berrill, a 73-year-old wheelchair user who was asleep in the front downstairs bedroom in the early hours of August 16 2014

Yeah that's the one is she any relation of the kavanagh involved in the feud ?

Fair play to you pal get out as quick as you can. Cant be easy for decent people bring up kids with that scum next door. Wouldnt take much for kids get involved as it would be seen as cool to teenagers

Thank you, trying my best for my son. Yeah like 90% of the estate I’d say are bang on . Honest working people , even if on the dole. They are good people , no harm to me or my family. Obviously I’ll keep myself to myself to avoid trouble from the scumbags. Rather not be in a car boot. Lot of peer pressure for sure. Plenty of kids that were lovely little kids playing football on the green now days wouldn’t think twice about firebombing my home. Disgraceful the hold these junkies in charge have on these kids. Parents turning blind eyes to their kids. Look at al’ Kathy who is on the dole and her son has a Canadian goose jacket worth triple her dole payments. get outta here. Whole thing is ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Un happy in rush

Thedoors wrote: »

There will always be some fool who will belive the opposite,,,,,

DD1518 wrote: »

Know Keith. Now he has to be one of the ugliest men I’ve ever seen. I’m not brad Pitt but **** me , makes PC look good. Nicola never knew her only until that murder. All junkies anyways that’s all I’ve heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Noseygit wrote: »
    Racketeering, but your point stands Don

Yeah that was it actually forgot about that, seen on some English some fellas YouTube channel (Shaun Atwood) that when he ran an ecstasy ring over in Arizona Sammy the bull was his competitor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement