Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

DD1518 wrote: »
    What would he be doing in arbour hill that's only for jockeys and as far as I know he has no previous sexual convictions

I think they mixed it up with cloverhill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 BakingSoda

Yeah sorry Cloverhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Heard CS gave him a hiding in Cloverhill or The Joy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chakr1

A lot of garda currently in Raheny awaiting a warrant to search a parked car, supposedly drug related.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Chakr1 wrote: »
    A lot of garda currently in Raheny awaiting a warrant to search a parked car, supposedly drug related.

Gardai dont need a warrant to search a parked car if they think there are drugs in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Chakr1

Turner wrote: »
    Gardai dont need a warrant to search a parked car if they think there are drugs in it.

Overheard someone saying now there was a body found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

PaddyK2020 wrote: »
    Heard CS gave him a hiding in Cloverhill or The Joy alright.

Minds after going completely blank on CS no clue and I've read all the thread. Doh!

PC did mention that he slapped the head of CP or Nellyboy on de landing whether true or not.

Is he on a general wing or separated for safety does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭rodmn2377

Minds after going completely blank on CS no clue and I've read all the thread. Doh!

PC did mention that he slapped the head of CP or Nellyboy on de landing whether true or not.

Caolan smith... the lie detector lad... charged with shooting mago..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Hows his hair these days?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/3586414/gangster-owen-maguire-hair-transplant-turkey/amp/

Paralysed gangster Owen Maguire went abroad for €11,000 hair transplant months before being blasted six times at Drogheda halting site

Although registered as unemployed, officers have linked Maguire to the ownership of two homes worth €180,000. One of the properties is located in Co Monaghan, and the other in Bailieborough, Co Cavan

You’d wonder why CAB haven’t paid these homes a visit or have they? You’d wand save up your dole for a long time to purchase one never mind two properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    Caolan smith... the lie detector lad... charged with shooting mago..

Cheers Rodmn. Legend ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

BakingSoda wrote: »
    What was he like growing up? Was he always a nutcase and a goer or has he changed? I heard he was battered in Arbour Hill by Kinahan associates a few years back and had to move wing for his own protection but don't know how true that is..

Do you see KMW relatives much? Do they see the relatives of PC and the Kboy/Jboy? I believe they live close to one another.

What is KMW brother and cousins like? Are they the type to take vengeance or did they choose a different path in life?

Did you ever hear the theory that the taxi driver owed money to PC and Kboy/Jboy so PC decided to kill two birds with stone, kill the taxi driver and distract the guards at the same time. Do you think the taxi driver knows more than he's letting on? He says in his interview he was just picking up a fare but then he says he was going to pick up his daughter but then decided not to because of who he was picking up so he obviously wasn't just picking up a random fare....

Are you surprised its PC running the show with the Boylans or were these guys always marked to go to the upper levels of criminality?

Couldn’t tell you about his beating not too sure to be honest . He was a goer, was keen on a fight. As a teen we knew each other well. He wouldn’t scare me to be honest. If he wanted a fight I’d give him one. Most people here would, nothing to fear. Recently don’t know what has happened , maybe his coke addiction hasn’t helped hah. Now days no one would look him in the eye to be honest .
    KMW has a lot of female cousins and relatives , so in theory they wouldn’t really go seeking vengeance. He had a lot of female figures in his life for such a wronger. Not such a ladies man but seemed to have female friends. Also I think the extent and seriousness of his killers isn’t someone to take vengeance on to be honest. Just one of those situations really , harsh but it would be more worse to seek vengeance as it would definitely cause more deaths in the KMW family than already.

They ain’t bad, knackers like the brother I’ve heard but haven’t heard of them fire bombing gaffs . Don’t know them personally only by name , haven’t ever spoken to them so can’t say tbh. Yeah they live fairly close, most likely do see each other (must be awkward) . Can’t say what the atmosphere is like haven’t seen it but can’t imagine its great . Bit like the Quinn situation up north where the parents see their sons killers everyday and avoid eye contact . I do see the relatives of KMW daily.

Heard that theory and I could believe it, heard the son owed two grand. No proof, probably ****e talk. Yeah everyone know CP, wouldn’t surprise me the taxi fella knew him. What was bad is everyone thought the taxi driver was a criminal so he had to go on radio to clear his name after being shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

Couldn’t tell you about his beating not too sure to be honest . He was a goer, was keen on a fight. As a teen we knew each other well. He wouldn’t scare me to be honest. If he wanted a fight I’d give him one. Most people here would, nothing to fear. Recently don’t know what has happened , maybe his coke addiction hasn’t helped hah. Now days no one would look him in the eye to be honest .
    KMW has a lot of female cousins and relatives , so in theory they wouldn’t really go seeking vengeance. He had a lot of female figures in his life for such a wronger. Not such a ladies man but seemed to have female friends. Also I think the extent and seriousness of his killers isn’t someone to take vengeance on to be honest. Just one of those situations really , harsh but it would be more worse to seek vengeance as it would definitely cause more deaths in the KMW family than already.

They ain’t bad, knackers like the brother I’ve heard but haven’t heard of them fire bombing gaffs . Don’t know them personally only by name , haven’t ever spoken to them so can’t say tbh. Yeah they live fairly close, most likely do see each other (must be awkward) . Can’t say what the atmosphere is like haven’t seen it but can’t imagine its great . Bit like the Quinn situation up north where the parents see their sons killers everyday and avoid eye contact . I do see the relatives of KMW daily.

Heard that theory and I could believe it, heard the son owed two grand. No proof, probably ****e talk. Yeah everyone know CP, wouldn’t surprise me the taxi fella knew him. What was bad is everyone thought the taxi driver was a criminal so he had to go on radio to clear his name after being shot.

Have you had many dealings with the other side? If so was there much of a difference in how they get on

Thanks for your responses, very insightful.

How big is the actual Anti Maguire gang? Is it just Kboy/Jboy and PC and then a few misfits or is there quite a number of them?

I was thinking maybe they were only brave with RC and RL behind them but now both are gone they would be weaker. They're coming up against CP and Mr. Big but they seem to be a bunch of kids in their teens and 20s and not on their level so to speak.

I wonder who is supplying them.. Its not CP, its not Mr. Big.... it must be GW's Gucci crew because there are no big suppliers left really. Theres the Family in Ballyfermot I suppose, the Kinahans are wholesalers but they'd hardly be supplying small (relatively) amounts to some lads in Drogheda (Kinahans seem to supply loads in the millions)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

I think main prison sure isn't his buddy kv in there now too with him

Yeah down at the admiral in the town with him the odd time ;) . Character, don’t mention his height though . Big insecurity

Karl Vogelaar, of Oulster Lane in Drogheda pleaded guilty to assaulting the man at The Admiral Bar in Drogheda on August 30th, 2015.

Vogelaar has 19 previous convictions including two convictions for assaults.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/jailed-after-punch-on-man-sitting-at-local-bar-35254733.html

Karl Vogelaar, of Oulster Lane in Drogheda pleaded guilty to assaulting the man at The Admiral Bar in Drogheda on August 30th, 2015.

Vogelaar has 19 previous convictions including two convictions for assaults.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/jailed-after-punch-on-man-sitting-at-local-bar-35254733.html
    yea that bit he was jailed again two weeks ago for robbing a bookies or something

high_tower wrote: »
    Have you had many dealings with the other side? If so was there much of a difference in how they get on

When I lived with my girlfriend a few years back , now that I think of it I lived next door to a few maguires. Only realised as I remembered a few names recently . Loved all them, very good at sport in fact. Left school early and went slightly of the rails . Bear in mind this wasn’t in Rathmullan they would of been driven out straight away. Haven’t spoken to them since I left and I think they moved up to cement road. These are not the main mcguaires you lads hear of but cousins to them

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    yea that bit he was jailed again two weeks ago for robbing a bookies or something

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/four-year-term-for-two-robberies-39029545.html

2 bookies on the same day! With 2 other guys, can't find if they got caught too

Thanks for your responses, very insightful.

How big is the actual Anti Maguire gang? Is it just Kboy/Jboy and PC and then a few misfits or is there quite a number of them?

I was thinking maybe they were only brave with RC and RL behind them but now both are gone they would be weaker. They're coming up against CP and Mr. Big but they seem to be a bunch of kids in their teens and 20s and not on their level so to speak.

I wonder who is supplying them.. Its not CP, its not Mr. Big.... it must be GW's Gucci crew because there are no big suppliers left really. Theres the Family in Ballyfermot I suppose, the Kinahans are wholesalers but they'd hardly be supplying small (relatively) amounts to some lads in Drogheda (Kinahans seem to supply loads in the millions)

No problem. I’d say about 70 strong. That again it’s full of kids really lol. It’s the main lads and a few older lads from 30 about. Then everyone else would be from 14-25. They are only brave when the two were alive/out. But I’ve yet to see to much but that’s mainly due to lockdown . I see the majority just riding those ****ing dirt bikes up and down (see they are that young they still do that) . I can hear them riding them now as I type in the distance in fact . Surprising as it’s lashing lol. On the supplying part, I’d never know and I don’t want to be that involved in which I’d know. They are getting supplies anyway but I couldn’t honestly tell you who. Also drogheda is a bigger supply spot that many would realise, lots of dough to be made up here. Big population (should be a city in my opinion) (hopefully we become one lol)

No problem. I’d say about 70 strong. That again it’s full of kids really lol. It’s the main lads and a few older lads from 30 about. Then everyone else would be from 14-25. They are only brave when the two were alive/out. But I’ve yet to see to much but that’s mainly due to lockdown . I see the majority just riding those ****ing dirt bikes up and down (see they are that young they still do that) . I can hear them riding them now as I type in the distance in fact . Surprising as it’s lashing lol. On the supplying part, I’d never know and I don’t want to be that involved in which I’d know. They are getting supplies anyway but I couldn’t honestly tell you who. Also drogheda is a bigger supply spot that many would realise, lots of dough to be made up here. Big population (should be a city in my opinion) (hopefully we become one lol)

Jesus didn't know the gang was that big. Kids or not, that is serious numbers of impressionable people they have available to do their biding..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭rodmn2377

Wasnt it said that kmw was getting drugs from flashy and selling and this was also one of the reasons he was killed.. it was said he was selling loads and wanted to nip it before he got too big..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    Wasnt it said that kmw was getting drugs from flashy and selling and this was also one of the reasons he was killed.. it was said he was selling loads and wanted to nip it before he got too big..

Had to be more then that to get the killing that he did, I think the double crossing theory has some relevance to it, playing both sides and it makes sense as it does seem he was led down the garden path (pun not intended) he must of known the person well who led him to the slaughter house. GmcK it seems. Anyone getting too big like that would likely get a bullet, it had to be personal, like being the spotter for RC’s Murder or underestimating PC as previously mentioned or all two to have RL included.

Had to be more then that to get the killing that he did, I think the double crossing theory has some relevance to it, playing both sides and it makes sense as it does seem he was led down the garden path (pun not intended) he must of known the person well who led him to the slaughter house. GmcK it seems. Anyone getting too big like that would likely get a bullet, it had to be personal, like being the spotter for RC’s Murder or underestimating PC as previously mentioned or all two to have RL included.

I think we'll never get the full details. I do think he was trusted with information regarding RC and he used that information to help the Maguire faction kill RC and then boasted about it to the Coolock lads. Word got back to RL and then combined with RL being hit and robbed on camera meant he had to do something drastic. I think PC was all too willing to make a point as well and happily obliged. He also seems like a pyscho who probably enjoyed it.

I don't think we'll ever know how many were in the house and who was responsible for it (was it ordered by PC or RL or J/Kboys and why)

I do wonder if on the day RL was attacked by those Coolock lads who were friends with KMW did they also taunt him off camera about KMW being involved in his brother in laws murder?

Jesus didn't know the gang was that big. Kids or not, that is serious numbers of impressionable people they have available to do their biding..

Yeah it’s a big gang. But it’s really the reality if your a young man from Rathmullan, your 75% going to be in it. About 40% will do serious for the gang. The rest will likely just sell or even just help sellers by looking out

The screams from GmCK’s gaff that evening was haunting. A public interaction before he was dragged in. Like in most estates many were on the green only 50 m away seeing everything. Do think he was involved in the PC murder and the KB murder. (Caravan shooting , wasn’t that his initials can’t quite remember) . Also his partnerships were key. Was becoming a bit of a player in the area thinking PC wouldn’t cop on. Silly boy to be honest but didn’t deserve that. Worse people have only got a bullet (I say only like death isn’t bad). Don’t know why the papers won’t show the grass in the garden of the house. Wasn’t green anyways

The screams from GmCK’s gaff that evening was haunting. A public interaction before he was dragged in. Like in most estates many were on the green only 50 m away seeing everything. Do think he was involved in the PC murder and the KB murder. (Caravan shooting , wasn’t that his initials can’t quite remember) . Also his partnerships were key. Was becoming a bit of a player in the area thinking PC wouldn’t cop on. Silly boy to be honest but didn’t deserve that. Worse people have only got a bullet (I say only like death isn’t bad). Don’t know why the papers won’t show the grass in the garden of the house. Wasn’t green anyways

I always wondered if people heard or saw anything odd going on

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PressureDrop

I always wondered too. If people saw a confrontation outside and could hear blood curdling screams.... Surely the killers were taking a massive risk? Someone could have reported it so easily. That is very very brazen. I know people may have been too scared to call the cops, but you can do it anonymously. I find it so hard to imagine how so many people could ignore it for.... Well, they said he was tortured. Torture isn't usually quick.
    If I were someone who witnessed this I would be haunted for the rest of my life knowing I could have called the cops and potentially stopped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

Randam Account - What about the Kavanaghs? Are they still in the shadows or are they quietly active?

I always wondered too. If people saw a confrontation outside and could hear blood curdling screams.... Surely the killers were taking a massive risk? Someone could have reported it so easily. That is very very brazen. I know people may have been too scared to call the cops, but you can do it anonymously. I find it so hard to imagine how so many people could ignore it for.... Well, they said he was tortured. Torture isn't usually quick.
    If I were someone who witnessed this I would be haunted for the rest of my life knowing I could have called the cops and potentially stopped it.
    I was just thinking the same amazing what ppl can turn a blind eye to and say nothing then go on the news then talking bout this is a quiet area we are all shocked by this crime.

• Advertisement

KMW went missing on the 12th. PC was shot at on the 13th literally 24 hours after.

It looks like they must have spent all night in that house cutting up the body and cleaning up. I wonder if PC girlfriend was there if they were in the taxi together, or did PC and the lads go home and come back to the gaf the next day?

You're implying they may have tortured him in the back garden or front garden for a period?

It just seems crazy that they were so blatant. Do you think its true they rang Maguire to taunt him during the ordeal or soon after?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement