Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

No he's talking about another Nathan. If you google LB's Son, you'll see him in a few pictures. No disrespect to him but he's a chubby simple looking guy who I assume is not a serious player in the whole scene

I'm sure no right minded person would find that description disrespectful at all, at all Figel.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Un happy in rush

kotou2 wrote: »
    Yes. Ridiculous.
    I am not fan of Ks but....you'll miss them when they are gone. It's not as if any less drugs will be consumed. Are you living in fairyland?

You are all talking sh1te to consider H are good. 100s convictions, in/ out prison. Shootings, hits.
    Supplying and dealing drugs.
    In partnership with Ks.
    Then tell a story how they fell out. Which you all believe. Incredible.

I'd rather spend a day with Ks than Hs.
    You would retaliate same as Ks. Invite someone to your house and they try do you. Come on!

Why you all choose ignore....
    FIRST GH tried shoot & kill DK in his garden but hit the boxer. But you all get upset that DK got GH done a year later. Incredible.

Again you have no problem with H gang fatal shooting of David B, cos linked to DK, but cant accept when Ks shoot other Hs. Incredible.

H crew also sell cigs and tabs, have city streets full of undesireables. Making fortune, loss to revenue. Cost state in solicitor fees and rooms in joy.

Hs rob everything, even robbed the money to invest with Ks. At least Ks provide a product that you choose to buy or not.

Remember why Gary h tried to kill him in Spain?? Dk was keeping his money from the bank job,, so in my opinion gary h had every right to take DK out

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

I'm sure no right minded person would find that description disrespectful at all, at all Figel.

You're right, I was being a bit harsh, he's the handsome fella who looks like he has an IQ higher then Einstein. My apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

His surname is the same as NCH, The C part. Rest assured he's related to the Hutches

I'd imagine he's related to the coakleys wouldn't you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Thethunder

Ucntcme wrote: »
    I'd imagine he's related to the coakleys wouldn't you

He's related to Harry. And he's a nephew of Derek Hutch. I'd say he's related to the hutches.

• Advertisement

Thethunder wrote: »
    He's related to Harry. And he's a nephew of Derek Hutch. I'd say he's related to the hutches.

so he's related to one hutch if I'm correct then??

Thethunder wrote: »

and harry is dereks son by the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Mago was in on most if not all of Gary's jobs,how ever many tiger kidnappings that is
    Those violent tiger kidnappings where families were terrified that were planned meticulously by that likeable aul' rogue the monk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

John_D3 wrote: »
    He had legitimate businesses, a few grocery shops at a stage. He only stayed in Newry an hour outside the city, though there was reports he landed in the country of a flight from china once,

Smarter than the average bear our Mago

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Hatwearer

Found something interesting re that Regency film: it has links to a wealthy Iranian businessman, codirector of a boxing promotion company with a connection to MTK - His company promotes Hughie Fury who is also partnered with/sponsored by them.

He has another business registered at the same address as the company behind the Regency film. He personally knows the director of that company and may be related/a business partner.

Anyone who's into Northern Irish soccer might know him, he bought out Glentoran FC last year with a significant investment and saved it from bankruptcy. There was a good bit of news coverage about it. Incidentally, as of this month the club is under investigation for financial irregularities.

Also, a man with the same name was listed in the Panama Papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

One thing that always s interested me is how did Mago make so much cash relative to other members of the faction? He is obviously much smarter and more ruthless. Various armed robberies and he would have received decent pay outs for some of the big hits. But even so he still seems to operating in a much higher bracket then the rest of the mob...even the way he was able to live away in Belfast and stay alive. I mean think how much it must cost to avoid being killed by Cartel for a year period as one of their top targets

Obviously paid per hit & he will have his own graft. Let’s face it if you sell drugs and he knocks on your door and says he’s your new supplier you’re probably going to do what you’re told aren’t you?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭JoeFritzl

The Monk is the reason the H side are so liked. He was always a likable villain. His interview on Prime Time years ago is a great watch. I agree though that his nephews and the rest of the H side like mago are no better than the Ks.

I think any clout the H side had before can be negated at this stage. The new gen of gangsters don't give a damn about monk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Hatwearer wrote: »
    Found something interesting re that Regency film: it has links to a wealthy Iranian businessman, codirector of a boxing promotion company with a connection to MTK - His company promotes Hughie Fury who is also partnered with/sponsored by them.

He has another business registered at the same address as the company behind the Regency film. He personally knows the director of that company and may be related/a business partner.

Anyone who's into Northern Irish soccer might know him, he bought out Glentoran FC last year with a significant investment and saved it from bankruptcy. There was a good bit of news coverage about it. Incidentally, as of this month the club is under investigation for financial irregularities.

Now that’s an interesting link, you wouldn’t know who the K’s are in bed with, allot of these Middle East countries are up to all sorts and incredibly dark histories. Put it this way nobody that goes into business with the likes of DK are squeaky clean in their lives, boxing has to be one of the murkiest places underneath it all.

https://www.glentoran.com/news/investment-deal-marks-new-era-glentoran

JoeFritzl wrote: »
    I think any clout the H side had before can be negated at this stage. The new gen of gangsters don't give a damn about monk.

They don’t but he’d outsmart then in a millisecond if they crossed his path. He wouldn’t even cross their minds now anyway so they have no direct connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

https://www.glentoran.com/news/investment-deal-marks-new-era-glentoran

Same address as production company.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/PvFz7ySYlDDKWcs9AzP8ejghmCg/appointments

Panama papers
    https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/12222737

Film.he producted directed by Director: Caradog W. James
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3622110/?ref_=m_nmfmd_prd_1

Cant find the boxing promotion company.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

They don’t but he’d outsmart then in a millisecond if they crossed his path. He wouldn’t even cross their minds now anyway so they have no direct connection.

Like the Kinahans ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Hatwearer

Yes he's involved in the movie business too, he gets around.

The boxing promo company is Hennessy Sports, whose founder Mick Hennessy was the promoter of Tyson Fury during his rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

Yes he's involved in the movie business too, he gets around.

The boxing promo company is Hennessy Sports, whose founder Mick Hennessy was the promoter of Tyson Fury during his rise.

Good man. I read that link, but bypassed it because I had so many tabs open :)

Ali pour co owner
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08208626/officers.

So he's MTKs front man do you "suspect".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Good man. I read that link, but bypassed it because I had so many tabs open :)

Ali pour co owner
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08208626/officers.

So he's MTKs front man do you "suspect".
    Maybe DK is the proud owner of a football club so. And it wouldn't surprise me for a minute either.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sausage_blaa

DK is going to ruin the boxing world..sorry DK HAS ruined the boxing world..as much as I love watching the boxing that c*nt is after making me think their all fixed fights..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It's mad how bad this PR stunt has gone for Danny and is highlighted in the media when celebs are trying to get noticed but very little coverage.

Great IMO.

There is a name for it that I can't remember what it is where you try lie your way out of something and make it worse.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sausage_blaa

Jeff2 wrote: »
    It's mad how bad this PR stunt has gone for Danny and is highlighted in the media when celebs are trying to get noticed but very little coverage.

Great IMO.

There is a name for it that I can't remember what it is where you try lie your way out of something and make it worse.:)

Digging a hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Digging a hole?

No,there is a specific name for after a company made a mess of trying to get out of a problem.

Carioco wrote: »
    Like the Kinahans ?

Day to day I’m sure they wouldn’t have anything to do with them, I’m sure it’s only the top lads are involved in that feud. The low level wouldn’t have the smarts for the likes of The Monk. I’m sure everything would need to be approved by DK for any action so doubt they’d have everyone ready for action, could be wrong of course.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    No,there is a specific name for after a company made a mess of trying to get out of a problem.

MTK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

John_D3 wrote: »
    Do you justify the killing of Noel Kirwan? Simple way of dealing with it would of been take there time and get Patrick/ Mago and possibly Nathan for the regency. They took it all to a complete new level.

While Kirwan was definitely an 'easy' and petty target, the media did seem to go out of their way to portray him as a squeaky clean innocent childhood friend of The Monk. He did have a past. Kirwan did two years inside in the early 1980s for running protection rackets in the North Inner City and in the 1990s he was charged but not convicted of firearm possession. He was also a brother-in-law of Eamon Kelly (killed 2012). Not that any of that would make him come close to being a 'legitimate' target in the feud but I think he more 'connected' to that world than the media portrayed him at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

1968 wrote: »
    While Kirwan was definitely an 'easy' and petty target, the media did seem to go out of their way to portray him as a squeaky clean innocent childhood friend of The Monk. He did have a past. Kirwan did two years inside in the early 1980s for running protection rackets in the North Inner City and in the 1990s he was charged but not convicted of firearm possession. He was also a brother-in-law of Eamon Kelly (killed 2012). Not that any of that would make him come close to being a 'legitimate' target in the feud but I think he more 'connected' to that world than the media portrayed him at the time.

Interesting. I’d love to know how many “self made men” from the inner city have had their businesses grown through washing money of contacts they grew up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

The Monk is the reason the H side are so liked. He was always a likable villain. His interview on Prime Time years ago is a great watch. I agree though that his nephews and the rest of the H side like mago are no better than the Ks.

While the Monk certainly enjoys the ODC and "likeable villain" image, he and his crew are considered the chief suspects in gangland hits in Dublin going back to 1982 (Gerard Morgan, his brother was the actual target) and 1987 (Mel Cox, allegedly got in a fight with the Monk and/or his family in a pub). He may not have drank, smoked or did drugs but he wasn't a non-violent person by nature either.

In regards to the Kinahans, journalist Stephen Breen in 'The Cartel' (2017) has stated that the first person killed under their orders was Kieran Smyth in Dundalk (2001) who helped with transport logistics but who they thought was informing to the authorities. Fairly interesting reveal as the press pointed the finger at the Real IRA at the time AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Michael O'Toole
    @mickthehack
    ·
    3m
    BREAKING: some €700,000 in cash and drugs seized by
    @gardainfo
    Drugs and Organises Crime Bureau in Whitehall, north Dublin. Three arrests.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

The monk financed Gary's early drug deals and planned his tiger kidnapping jobs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement