Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 The enlightened one

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah to think the Star sent a photographer to stake out his house until he left just so they could write a non story, they've little else to be doing except sh1t stirring

Had wondered the same myself. Just looking from the outside Id say Christy is still benefiting financially from the operation but Daniels recent actions would suggest Christy is no longer guiding how Daniel runs things. Christy generally stayed under the radar while Daniel is attracting heat left, right and center. Daniel has gone and got himself and 27 members of his gang onto the FBI narco terrorist list, thats as far away from how Christy operated as you can be.

A much more interesting subject is Daniels relationship with John Cunningham. I can't imagine that it has blossomed over the last few years. I wonder in fact what the future holds for JC? Christie has been said to be not in the greatest of health lately. If Christie were to pass away, why would a ruthless crime lord like DK keep paying JC his share? It could play out very grim for JC. JC is not stupid either, this will have crossed his mind already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

A much more interesting subject is Daniels relationship with John Cunningham. I can't imagine that it has blossomed over the last few years. I wonder in fact what the future holds for JC? Christie has been said to be not in the greatest of health lately. If Christie were to pass away, why would a ruthless crime lord like DK keep paying JC his share? It could play out very grim for JC. JC is not stupid either, this will have crossed his mind already.

Many factors remain, DK’s relationship with his father and other senior figures. The boxing “jobs” he can’t go whacking big fish while trying to legitimize himself in the Middle East and worldwide. Is JC still at the top table and what’s he role these days? Christie, JC, Penguin & Monk are the last of the old guard really. If all goes tits up for DK with the boxing then it’ll unleash hell I’d say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

high_tower wrote: »
    So we’ve had the hutch / k feud , finglas/ coolock and drogheda feuds. Where is next to blow up ? I’ve heard Longford and Sligo mentioned as the next powder kegs.

To be honest I’d still expect the next wave of violence in 2020/21 to be centered around Coolock-Drogheda connection, involving the CL’s, Big and so on. Also depending if the Anti-Mags in Drogheda can muster anything up.

Coolock def seems the most volatile place in the country at present. Longford feud is going on a while between travellers no ? Can’t see Sligo blowing up in same way as say Drogheda soon.
    It was the connection and close proximity to North Dublin that really made Drogheda lit ...I.e. supplies of drugs, guns, manpower, hit men so fast and easily

Haven’t heard as much about Sligo since Patrick Irwin was bossing over there actually, although I have head there are new gangs active up there and there has been a few incidents in recent years that signal it could spill over. The Guinea pig was actually doing a bit of work up there as an enforcer before he was clipped, for one of the main Sligo gangs now

Just reading on Mick The Hacks Twitter , the gun found with the Brazilian 4 was a Mac-10, they weren’t intending on missing whoever the gun was going to be used for, talk about a hail of bullets. That’s a pretty savage weapon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Do you even know which crime journalist I'm on about?

Is that the only comment you're making about my post?

I put no-one.on ignore, even if I disagree with them.
    You quoted what journalist estimates is monks net worth as evidence of him not financing Gary's early drug deals??
    How the **** would a journalist know how much monk is worth?
    A journalist wouldn't know a fellow journalists net worth ffs
    We have seen them take bull**** posts off here and turn them into front page stories
    And i didn't say monk shot dead that kid gerard Morgan some other poster did
    Plus he shot Mel Cox for breaking his jaw with a box
    Another poster had him shooting gerard Lee too
    Stick to printing your dacent rogue monk stories

• Advertisement

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/brazilian-gang-held-in-offaly-had-sub-machine-gun-and-student-visas-1.4263890

"The men’s suspected target is a man heavily involved in the drugs trade in the Midlands and someone who has been involved in feuds with rival Traveller gangs in Offaly, Longford and Westmeath"

Anyone info on the target?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/brazilian-gang-held-in-offaly-had-sub-machine-gun-and-student-visas-1.4263890

"The men’s suspected target is a man heavily involved in the drugs trade in the Midlands and someone who has been involved in feuds with rival Traveller gangs in Offaly, Longford and Westmeath"

Anyone info on the target?

high_tower wrote: »
    So we’ve had the hutch / k feud , finglas/ coolock and drogheda feuds. Where is next to blow up ? I’ve heard Longford and Sligo mentioned as the next powder kegs.

Good call high tower you seem to have got that info on the button now that the Brazilians have been linked to the Traveller gangs in regards to the link provided here. These traveller gangs are powder kegs all over the place, they for the most are a wild beast anyway but now add drugs, even more cash as they love cash, paranoia, grown up living feuds as a normal occurrence. These are absolutely lethal and it’s a hugely explosive mix. Coming from West Dublin I wonder also who the links are in Dublin to this feud?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

To be honest I’d still expect the next wave of violence in 2020/21 to be centered around Coolock-Drogheda connection, involving the CL’s, Big and so on. Also depending if the Anti-Mags in Drogheda can muster anything up.

Coolock def seems the most volatile place in the country at present. Longford feud is going on a while between travellers no ? Can’t see Sligo blowing up in same way as say Drogheda soon.
    It was the connection and close proximity to North Dublin that really made Drogheda lit ...I.e. supplies of drugs, guns, manpower, hit men so fast and easily

Haven’t heard as much about Sligo since Patrick Irwin was bossing over there actually, although I have head there are new gangs active up there and there has been a few incidents in recent years that signal it could spill over. The Guinea pig was actually doing a bit of work up there as an enforcer before he was clipped, for one of the main Sligo gangs now

The Irwins are still very dangerous although have lost the maddest one of them all tommy last year he was ruthless and behind a lot of the stuff that went on. Patrick has serious backing he was best friends with Davin flynn on B wing running the show alongside him

Good call high tower you seem to have got that info on the button now that the Brazilians have been linked to the Traveller gangs in regards to the link provided here. These traveller gangs are powder kegs all over the place, they for the most are a wild beast anyway but now add drugs, even more cash as they love cash, paranoia, grown up living feuds as a normal occurrence. These are absolutely lethal and it’s a hugely explosive mix. Coming from West Dublin I wonder also who the links are in Dublin to this feud?

What travellers are involved in the Longford feuding? Nevins, Doyles, Stokes, Hannafins....?!!!

What travellers are involved in the Longford feuding? Nevins, Doyles, Stokes, Hannafins....?!!!

Quick google search gives light to bit of what’s going on.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/longford-gang-feud-4842042-Oct2019/%3famp=1

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/local/longford/judge-warns-people-engaged-longford-traveller-feuding-will-face-jail/

This stands out that they have this thing about graveyards in allot of the issues over the years. No place is sacred and all they profess about loving God is all BS.

“At one point, a man is seen speaking to the camera saying that they had “just missed” the rival gang and that they wanted to carry out attacks on that group in the graveyard.”

• Advertisement

Not often you see women from the traveller community or most communities at the business end as we say.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/women-directing-feud-violence-as-gardai-patrol-247-38817434.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

John_D3 wrote: »
    Are people like Slab, the Surgeon, Caraher still people still to be feared, not to be messed with around that part or have they lost there power / respect? Seen a documentary which a bar was raided in Cross over drugs.

All multimillionaires who have tea and crumpets meeting with the PSNI. Frank McCabe would be the head Provo around those parts the story goes that it was his son Quinn chinned and had to pay the price for interestingly the dissident group ONH pipe bombed his son a few years back and **** all was done about it only crying to the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Many factors remain, DK’s relationship with his father and other senior figures. The boxing “jobs” he can’t go whacking big fish while trying to legitimize himself in the Middle East and worldwide. Is JC still at the top table and what’s he role these days? Christie, JC, Penguin & Monk are the last of the old guard really. If all goes tits up for DK with the boxing then it’ll unleash hell I’d say.

I would have thought JC is retired at this stage. Although I read in the whistleblowers twitter that DK is forcing him to stay active. I'm not sure if he lives in Dubai as well but it's hard to know how the older guys fall into the current DK led operation. I wonder as well how connected the Kinahan organisation is to other UK syndicates as I know Paddy Doyle worked for some and I think GC was caught in Amsterdam with some lads from Liverpool trying to kill some guy and the fact Bomber lives in Birmingham leads me to believe that they are more intertwined then they look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Gardai suspect a female civilian Garda in her 20s has been leaking info to Mr. Big gang according to today's Herald. 8 homes raided at Dawn yesterday. It's in the newspaper, article should appear on Herald and/or Indo website at some stage today. She is suspected of providing the gang with info about them that is on the Garda Pulse system.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Officer Figpucker

Can anyone shed some light on how/where Jim Mansfield Snr. fitted in to the whole organised crime scene in Ireland, and what if any involvement his descendants have?

There seems to be a lot of little threads connecting 'the auld fella' to both the Kinahan and Hutch factions.

At one point Daniel and Christopher Jnr were apparently living in one of his estates either in Citywest or Saggart.

Also, 'the Banker' who was shot at by Paul Rice seems to have been mixed up with the Mansfields and possibly taken over the 'gangland bank' from Jim Snr.

Apparently Gerry Hutch has been seen visiting 'The Banker' at his home in the past.

Also there were numerous incidents such as CAB raiding one of the Mansfield's hotels, and a wedding being evacuated due to a bomb scare.

You can't libel the dead as far as I know, so why is nobody exposing the truth about what Mansfield Snr was up to, and who in the Gardaí and government were in his pocket?

Quick google search gives light to bit of what’s going on.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/longford-gang-feud-4842042-Oct2019/%3famp=1

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/local/longford/judge-warns-people-engaged-longford-traveller-feuding-will-face-jail/

This stands out that they have this thing about graveyards in allot of the issues over the years. No place is sacred and all they profess about loving God is all BS.

“At one point, a man is seen speaking to the camera saying that they had “just missed” the rival gang and that they wanted to carry out attacks on that group in the graveyard.”

So we can add Dennigans to the above list so. Papers saying 6 main different families involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Thelooneygoone

So we can add Dennigans to the above list so. Papers saying 6 main different families involved.

Mcdonaghs are involved heavily with the Nevins too.

Mcdonaghs are involved heavily with the Nevins too.

We’ve got the set now so Nevins, Doyles, Stokes, Hannafins, Dennigans & Mc Donaghs. Dennigan and Hannafins are new traveller names to me. One feud is bad enough with two families but 6 holy hell the numbers must be huge and now it’s to find out whose aligned with who plus who’s aligned to who then in Dublin or elsewhere in the country. Nevins & Mc Donaghs is a start. Business is about to pick up I’d say on this thread. Anyone have any info on these feuds?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

We’ve got the set now so Nevins, Doyles, Stokes, Hannafins, Dennigans & Mc Donaghs. Dennigan and Hannafins are new traveller names to me. One feud is bad enough with two families but 6 holy hell the numbers must be huge and now it’s to find out whose aligned with who plus who’s aligned to who then in Dublin or elsewhere in the country. Nevins & Mc Donaghs is a start. Business is about to pick up I’d say on this thread. Anyone have any info on these feuds?

Some of the main fellas in Clara wouldnt be travellers and i would say some of them were involved in this attempted murder. Wouldnt believe half
    that has been reported in media about it.

Some of the main fellas in Clara wouldnt be travellers and i would say some of them were involved in this attempted murder. Wouldnt believe half
    that has been reported in media about it.

Whose the main players in Clara? Unfamiliar with this part of the country.

• Advertisement

SSLil wrote: »

Mark Capper got 71/2 years

Capper by name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Thethunder

Can anyone shed some light on how/where Jim Mansfield Snr. fitted in to the whole organised crime scene in Ireland, and what if any involvement his descendants have?

There seems to be a lot of little threads connecting 'the auld fella' to both the Kinahan and Hutch factions.

At one point Daniel and Christopher Jnr were apparently living in one of his estates either in Citywest or Saggart.

Also, 'the Banker' who was shot at by Paul Rice seems to have been mixed up with the Mansfields and possibly taken over the 'gangland bank' from Jim Snr.

Apparently Gerry Hutch has been seen visiting 'The Banker' at his home in the past.

Also there were numerous incidents such as CAB raiding one of the Mansfield's hotels, and a wedding being evacuated due to a bomb scare.

You can't libel the dead as far as I know, so why is nobody exposing the truth about what Mansfield Snr was up to, and who in the Gardaí and government were in his pocket?

Apparently when he owned weston Airport, it was being used to get drugs into the country.

Thethunder wrote: »
    Apparently when he owned weston Airport, it was being used to get drugs into the country.

Presumably he needed to have quite a few important people in his pocket to be able to get away with that...

Was he 'professionally' involved with either Christy Kinahan or Gerry Hutch?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Alderbuck

One thing that always s interested me is how did Mago make so much cash relative to other members of the faction? He is obviously much smarter and more ruthless. Various armed robberies and he would have received decent pay outs for some of the big hits. But even so he still seems to operating in a much higher bracket then the rest of the mob...even the way he was able to live away in Belfast and stay alive. I mean think how much it must cost to avoid being killed by Cartel for a year period as one of their top targets

He has to be pretty smart. If you are to believe what is written about him, he has been involved in very serious crime since a very young age, and has never been convicted of anything substantial.

Also, until the Regency he has almost no public/media profile. If you read Gangland books published before the Regency, he hardly gets a mention.

That's quite an achievement.

And I have no doubt he is a ruthless criminal, but because of Mago's loyalty to friends, and the way he refused to back down or be bought, it is much easier to "like" him - than say someone like Daniel Kinahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

I would have thought JC is retired at this stage. Although I read in the whistleblowers twitter that DK is forcing him to stay active. I'm not sure if he lives in Dubai as well but it's hard to know how the older guys fall into the current DK led operation. I wonder as well how connected the Kinahan organisation is to other UK syndicates as I know Paddy Doyle worked for some and I think GC was caught in Amsterdam with some lads from Liverpool trying to kill some guy and the fact Bomber lives in Birmingham leads me to believe that they are more intertwined then they look.

Who’s JC ?

Don Logan wrote: »
    Who’s JC ?
    John Cunningham, I'd assume. Christy Snr's right hand man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zion420

Whose the main players in Clara? Unfamiliar with this part of the country.

Dont know who the main players are but to give you an idea of the area when i was a kid i used to go to clara-market dotcom (cant post link) for pellet guns and fireworks,
    Huge traveller presence there and in all the surrounding towns. Guards used to do laps of the place and youd often see lads running while getting the heads up on the phone. If anything was ever stolen clara market was the place to go, better chance of finding your stuff there than going to the guards! Place seems to be improving tho :p

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

John Cunningham, I'd assume. Christy Snr's right hand man.

Oh yes, don’t think DK would ever do anything to him if his father dies, I’m sure he has more connections than Daniel

• Advertisement

Alderbuck wrote: »
    He has to be pretty smart. If you are to believe what is written about him, he has been involved in very serious crime since a very young age, and has never been convicted of anything substantial.

Also, until the Regency he has almost no public/media profile. If you read Gangland books published before the Regency, he hardly gets a mention.

That's quite an achievement.

And I have no doubt he is a ruthless criminal, but because of Mago's loyalty to friends, and the way he refused to back down or be bought, it is much easier to "like" him - than say someone like Daniel Kinahan.

I might be misremembering something, but didn't Mago narrowly escape getting whacked a few years ago (long before Smithers shot him at the petrol station). I seem to remember he was lured to a meeting by someone he trusted, but realised something was wrong and got the flip out of there.

Did that happen, and who was it who set him up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement