Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Wonder is big Joe Joyce involved?

Who is this Mago fella by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Zion420 wrote: »
    Dont know who the main players are but to give you an idea of the area when i was a kid i used to go to clara-market dotcom (cant post link) for pellet guns and fireworks,
    Huge traveller presence there and in all the surrounding towns. Guards used to do laps of the place and youd often see lads running while getting the heads up on the phone. If anything was ever stolen clara market was the place to go, better chance of finding your stuff there than going to the guards! Place seems to be improving tho :p

Place is a kip. Full of junkies that moved out from Athlone and Tullamore.
    Most of the main players wouldnt have got any media attention that i can link.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/anger-as-man-charged-with-murder-of-christy-daly-1.1795003

Above would have been a fairly big player in the area but since he got off his murder charge he claims to have turned his life around.

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2020/0305/1120476-offaly-drugs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Thethunder

I might be misremembering something, but didn't Mago narrowly escape getting whacked a few years ago (long before Smithers shot him at the petrol station). I seem to remember he was lured to a meeting by someone he trusted, but realised something was wrong and got the flip out of there.

Did that happen, and who was it who set him up?

Heard that too. Went to a car park to meet someone after Gary was shot. Felt something want right. Drove away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Everyone at their sentencing hearing has turned over a new leaf
    Which usually lasts til they get to the doors

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Alderbuck

I might be misremembering something, but didn't Mago narrowly escape getting whacked a few years ago (long before Smithers shot him at the petrol station). I seem to remember he was lured to a meeting by someone he trusted, but realised something was wrong and got the flip out of there.

Yeah, there was a report in the papers (don't have a link now) that he went to meet someone, but had a bad feeling and left - and shortly afterwards someone turned up to kill him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Alderbuck

Is this the story.... https://www.thesun.ie/news/985757/james-gately-targeted-kinahan-hit-feud/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Officer Figpucker

Alderbuck wrote: »
    Is this the story....

No, I think it was earlier than that, back around the time Gary Hutch was killed, and I think before the Regency job.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

No, I think it was earlier than that, back around the time Gary Hutch was killed, and I think before the Regency job.

DK takes 200k to keep Gary Hutch alive. Kills Gary. Tries to take out the Monk in Lanzarote. Also tries to take out Mago? He was trying to wipe out that whole gang before the regency even happened

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just reading the article on the seizure of 700k the other day on the Penguin and it really is remarkable how well he has stayed under the radar. Hes on the go since the 1980s and has only every done a single stint in prison for stolen computers. Also of interest is that his gang members who were caught with the cash were not known to Gardai at all and had clean records.
    There was intense garda pressure on those involved in organised crime following the murder of journalist Veronica Guerin in June 1996, which resulted in John Gilligan's drugs gang being dismantled and its members, including Gilligan, Brian Meehan and Patrick Eugene Holland, being given lengthy prison sentences.

The west Dublin criminal got out in time and set up in the Netherlands where he continued his involvement in organised crime. He lived quietly with his family in Amsterdam. Apart from the relatively minor inconvenience of being caught with stolen computers in the late 1990s and having to serve a two-year jail sentence, he has managed to continue to keep a low profile. And that is the way he also likes to run his network.

When the feud erupted between the Hutch and Kinahan gangs, which has so far resulted in 18 people being shot dead in Dublin and Spain, this man stayed out of it. He also tried to employ people not associated with either side, preferring to use those like himself who could stay under the Garda's radar.

He was aware that much of the Garda's resources were focused on the feud, particularly on life-saving operations where hit teams were intercepted. More than 75 lives have so far been saved.

He was not, however, aware that an operation had also been set up to target his criminal gang which focused on the movement of large sums of money that could be linked back to drugs. His gang was under surveillance here and last night gardaí moved in.

The three men in custody are trusted figures in the gang leader's organisation, trusted to move his €700,000. They do not have serious convictions and are not well known to gardaí. They have successfully kept the requisite low profile - until now.

"One of the three is a successful businessman who lives in a large, luxurious, expensive house"

It has emerged that one of the three is a successful businessman who lives in a large, luxurious, expensive house. He and his family have access to properties abroad, including in Portugal and the UK.

Gardaí believe he helps to launder the cash through his own company, effectively operating "a clearing house" for the drugs money. They also suspect much of it has been invested in his and his family's properties. The Criminal Assets Bureau will now be investigating the source of his wealth.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/0527/1142987-midlands-arrest-analysis/

The Penguin obviously runs a very quiet ship, at least compared to Daniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

DK takes 200k to keep Gary Hutch alive. Kills Gary. Tries to take out the Monk in Lanzarote. Also tries to take out Mago? He was trying to wipe out that whole gang before the regency even happened

Wasn’t Mago after the regency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Can anyone shed some light on how/where Jim Mansfield Snr. fitted in to the whole organised crime scene in Ireland, and what if any involvement his descendants have?

Theres a whole big untold story there with Mansfield Snr. All we know for sure is that his own private jet and his own Weston airport were being used for heroin trafficking for decades but there has to be much more to it than that. He was a big funder and supporter of Fianna Fail and Citywest hotel held all their party conferences right through the Celtic Tiger years. Not to go all the Wire on it but its conceivable that he had Gardai and politicians in his pocket.

He has an interesting past, he made his initial fortune from the Falklands War. After it was over there was tons of spent military equipment like tanks on the islands and the British royal navy needed to clean it up. Mansfield tendered and won the contract from the Thatcher led British government and shipped thousands of tons of scrap metal from Argentina to the US where it was sold. It was said that he was practically getting it for free so when he imported it to the US his profits were vast, he bought thousands of acres of land including Citywest, Weston Airport and Tasaggart House off the back of that one deal in the Falklands. This was all in the early 1980s when Ireland was in a deep recession and Mansfield was turning over millions at the time, he was a very big fish when the country was broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

begbysback wrote: »
    DK giving JC orders, lol

I just read that from the Whistleblower account,dunno how true it is. It seems like JC was pretty much jointly in command with Christy for years. I assume he's retired now and not wanting to get involved in anything anymore

I dunno how true it is but I heard something like that as well. Considering alot of others in Gary's crew abandoned him I'd say one of them could have set up Mago when he thought he was still loyal like one of the brothers. To my knowledge it wasn't clear who was on who's side at that particular stage.

Mago MVP wrote: »
    Wasn’t Mago after the regency?

There was an alleged meeting just after Gary Hutch died that Mago suspected was a bit fishy and subsequently ran away from. I'd say DK would rest a lot easier knowing if he was killed or in prison, seems like a smart ruthless guy you don't want as your enemy and is highly respected and feared going off the comments on here although I think at the moment DK has bigger worries with his friend getting imprisoned in Holland and UAE authorities potentially coming for him one day

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

There was an alleged meeting just after Gary Hutch died that Mago suspected was a bit fishy and subsequently ran away from. I'd say DK would rest a lot easier knowing if he was killed or in prison, seems like a smart ruthless guy you don't want as your enemy and is highly respected and feared going off the comments on here although I think at the moment DK has bigger worries with his friend getting imprisoned in Holland and UAE authorities potentially coming for him one day

Is his mate who got arrested in Holland GC ? The fella who got arrested for gun possession few years ago? cleared off an attempted murder charge aswell

Don Logan wrote: »
    Is his mate who got arrested in Holland GC ? The fella who got arrested for gun possession few years ago? cleared off an attempted murder charge aswell

No this guy was some Moroccan-Dutch drug trafficker, pretty big fish. If you look up 'DK Holland' you'll find an article about a super cartel. I think he's an associate of the guy arrested in Baggot street in 2016 with the ludicrously expensive shoes and jewelry on him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

It’s not really all worth it really, what comforts would you ever have, then again these guys think their invincible and have a very different thought process in their minds. Probably thinks he’s the greatest entrepreneur ever and that people think he’s a legitimate business man.

It’s not really all worth it really, what comforts would you ever have, then again these guys think their invincible and have a very different thought process in their minds. Probably thinks he’s the greatest entrepreneur ever and that people think he’s a legitimate business man.

Yeah very true, especially if you are born into it like DK or GH, your mindset must be completely different to normal folk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Headline in the Herald this evening about a female civilian worker in An Garda looking up details on the pulse system and leaking to Mr Big. Raids across north Dublin inc.Malahide amongst others because of it.

This is just the small part I picked up from the front page, no doubt some here will have the full story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I just read that from the Whistleblower account,dunno how true it is. It seems like JC was pretty much jointly in command with Christy for years. I assume he's retired now and not wanting to get involved in anything anymore

Whistleblowers attempt to divide & conquer

• Advertisement

Haven’t read must posts the last few weeks now but one thing I’m seeing is people saying Daniel will get caught now for being too invovled in the boxing high profile etc etc ? Do yous not think he’d be caught by now if they could catch him ? Do you not think he’s high profile already ? Do you not think him showing the kinahans dominance and power in the hutch Kinahan feud was a big enough **** you to the state for them to take them down if they could ? They’re clearly not able to .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    Haven’t read must posts the last few weeks now but one thing I’m seeing is people saying Daniel will get caught now for being too invovled in the boxing high profile etc etc ? Do yous not think he’d be caught by now if they could catch him ? Do you not think he’s high profile already ? Do you not think him showing the kinahans dominance and power in the hutch Kinahan feud was a big enough **** you to the state for them to take them down if they could ? They’re clearly not able to .

Tend to agree. I think a lot of people are hoping for it to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Fedcba321 wrote: »

Think its made more countries aware of who he is and especially the boxing world. He's on FBI's radar too. Been a bad week for him

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Think its made more countries aware of who he is and especially the boxing world. He's on FBI's radar too. Been a bad week for him

If the yanks want you they'll get ya. Look at Assange, slowly but surely gettin closer to extradition to the States, Daniel should go to Russia they don’t extradite their citizens to any country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Any idea who mr A Is in the cartel by Stephen breen and Owen Conlon ?

brady12 wrote: »
    Any idea who mr A Is in the cartel by Stephen breen and Owen Conlon ?

Freddie Thompson

Don Logan wrote: »
    If the yanks want you they'll get ya. Look at Assange, slowly but surely gettin closer to extradition to the States, Daniel should go to Russia they don’t extradite their citizens to any country.

Yeah, if The U.S. have a serious problem with you, it's the beginning of the end, El Chapo, Pablo Escobar, El Mencho's son. Granted I don't think DK is on their level and America isn't hunting him but they're the last people you want coming after you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Phantom0999

So who's the boxer with the initials involved in the regency? Love my boxing so quiet interested. I'm guessing he must have boxed on early mtk shows?

So who's the boxer with the initials involved in the regency? Love my boxing so quiet interested. I'm guessing he must have boxed on early mtk shows?

I wasn't aware there was a boxer who was involved in the hit itself. It was Jamie Kavanagh's fight but I didn't know there was a boxer involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Phantom0999

I wasn't aware there one who was involved in the hit itself. It was Jamie Kavanagh's fight but I didn't know there was a boxer involved

Someone posted that dk was actually in his corner for a fight, sure they said he was dressed as a garda might be wrong mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement