Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seantomo

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    Make no mistake about it lads, Robbie was a cunning ****er. He just got caught on the hop. He went to the gaff to collect the few bob and the killer came in through the back door. Robbie wasn't even carrying.

I've been in Ardoyne a few times, the back allies can easily be navigated if you have knowledge of the area. You can leave on house and run through and be in the opposite road in seconds. I've heard that the person Robbie was going to see got in contact with a certain Dublin criminal and then the foundations were laid from there.

Robbie was at ease going into the area because he's been up and down a few times collecting money, what I can't get info on is why the Dundon mob were with him. That's the strange part of it all
    Hes known the Dundons, hes been locked up thr best part of his adult life, and worked with them for years . 100% fact

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HairyFeet

Stooped wrote: »
    Any info on Carberry's 42 year old associate they're saying is next?

Picture of carberry and conor mcg on Robbie insta with a 3rd associate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

The connection here is Travellers, money and revenge. OM must of got word he was friendly with some of the Dundons, then hatched a plan and used money & RL’s reputation against him I would guess. Easy say look RL will take ye out himself at some stage & I’ve someone to do it, you just have to get him there and I’ll do the rest. How does 50k up front sound. I’m sure the minute the money was handed over The Lads bound for Belfast got the green light the money was handed over.
    The question is how was he connected with them and how long has he been associated with the Limerick lads.
    That’s alot of trust to travel to Belfast or have all of these made that trip together previously? I’m sure the intention was to make it look like they knew nothing about it in the aftermath but getting caught with the money has ended all hopes of that.

AH contacted a certain Dublin gangster to let them know Robbie was coming up weekly collecting money that's when the trap was set. They were all terrified of Robbie, I've heard theres a lot of people sleeping easier now. For those saying Robbie was a lone soldier, don't follow that narrative he was well connected. This is far from over, the Mr Big/Price mob have the upper hand for now but the business man is a shrewd bastard too. All I'll say is watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Talking about Drug Debt , here’s another young man with a new debt today in Waterford. 52k ouch, wouldn’t say his COVID19 payment will make a dent in that.

Gardai in Waterford seized a large quantity of drugs during a Covid 19 checkpoint.

Just after 11.30pm last night, gardai stopped a car at the Grannagh Junction Roundabout.

Gardai became suspicious of the drivers behaviour and the vehicle was searched and suspected cocaine,
    to the value of over 52 thousand euro was discovered.

The 22 year old male driver was detained and his vehicle taken to Waterford Garda Station for a further search.

He is currently detained under Section 25 of the Misuse of Drugs Act .

seantomo wrote: »
    Hes known the Dundons, hes been locked up thr best part of his adult life, and worked with them for years . 100% fact

But it's not like Robbie to be so at ease. He's always been a twitchy ****er, factor in that he wasn't carrying and it makes me think he was on the zimmos or something. He was too at ease and it far from his Modus Operandi. Everyone and their Ma knows what the Dundons are like. From what I'm hearing is he went up to collect 20 grand, knocked at the door walked in and the hitman burst in and blasted him. Also heard they were in Belfast from the day before, you hear a lot of ****e so it's hard to decipher it all.

• Advertisement

AH contacted a certain Dublin gangster to let them know Robbie was coming up weekly collecting money that's when the trap was set. They were all terrified of Robbie, I've heard theres a lot of people sleeping easier now. For those saying Robbie was a lone soldier, don't follow that narrative he was well connected. This is far from over, the Mr Big/Price mob have the upper hand for now but the business man is a shrewd bastard too. All I'll say is watch this space.

Any links to the business man? I think there was a Sunday World piece but I missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 whatsupcowpoke

Whats fascinating about it? Coked up knackers getting agitated and killing each other.

If its so boring and mundane, what are you doing on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Any links to the business man? I think there was a Sunday World piece but I missed that.
    Probably used that page during the toilet roll shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

Make no mistake about it lads, Robbie was a cunning ****er. He just got caught on the hop. He went to the gaff to collect the few bob and the killer came in through the back door. Robbie wasn't even carrying.

I've been in Ardoyne a few times, the back allies can easily be navigated if you have knowledge of the area. You can leave on house and run through and be in the opposite road in seconds. I've heard that the person Robbie was going to see got in contact with a certain Dublin criminal and then the foundations were laid from there.

Robbie was at ease going into the area because he's been up and down a few times collecting money, what I can't get info on is why the Dundon mob were with him. That's the strange part of it all

Ya agree 100% with you on this one.. I just cant get my head around him getting caught like this and anyone who knows him will agree.. he was always cute and sneaky about how he did things.. like this whole keane murder.. he was never going to get done on that and that's why he was never lifted on it.. cops might know he was involved but he didnt give them anything to bring him in on... like you said I cant believe he trusted the most untrustworthy bunch.. the dundons..

Cork_Langer1. They are an astute bunch, I get what you're saying but there's a reason we don't hear much about them. Very dangerous family too, but they're only allowed operate because a certain family say so. Like the majority of these mobs really. If one family say you can't play then it's curtains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Don't forget that none of them will see the light of day until they are elderly men.

AFAIK the AG / Minister for Justice will have the final say on any of them being let out?

Dessie is due for release next year but can't see him getting out anytime soon. Wayne and john will be kept locked up for 25years. 2 of the worst ***** in the jail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Don't forget that none of them will see the light of day until they are elderly men.

AFAIK the AG / Minister for Justice will have the final say on any of them being let out?

Was he released on license?

Lads, for any of you wanting to know about Wayne Dundon. Go to Bernard O Mahoneys YouTube page. There's a good video about Ger and Noddy Mccarthy stitching him up. The way Ger was convicted is very shady to say the least, there's good recordings of prison calls and the motives of certain people in wanting to get him done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

frag420 wrote: »
    I was at a wedding not long after that "shooting" and was speaking to one of the lead detectives on that case, friend of an uncle.

The supposed real story was that PC was a nonce and had been found to be getting too familiar and comfortable with some younger members of the family and extended family.

On the night of the "shooting" he was confronted by his brother and the rest of family and told that either he kill himself in front of them or they will shoot him, make it look like a suicide and tell everyone what he had been up to, there was apparently images/video on one of his phones too. His family filmed him shooting himself in the head...

I pasted over this,
    Hahaha, of course a "detective" would say that while coked out of it himself, state sponsored gangsters.

It was as simple as, one left in the chamber while coked, showing off.

Cork_Langer1. They are an astute bunch, I get what you're saying but there's a reason we don't hear much about them. Very dangerous family too, but they're only allowed operate because a certain family say so. Like the majority of these mobs really. If one family say you can't play then it's curtains.

Cnuts are always terrorising people, only dangerous because there's so many of them, aload of youngfellas put them back a peg of 3.

Which family are you on about, from what I see the keanes are still the biggest around at the moment.

Edgware wrote: »
    Probably used that page during the toilet roll shortage.

Business to the back haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Lads, for any of you wanting to know about Wayne Dundon. Go to Bernard O Mahoneys YouTube page. There's a good video about Ger and Noddy Mccarthy stitching him up. The way Ger was convicted is very shady to say the least, there's good recordings of prison calls and the motives of certain people in wanting to get him done.

**** me. What a joke of a documentary.

Actually trying to paint Dundon as a victim. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭beerbellybob

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Garda surveillance paid for by the taxpayer for the purposes of protecting his miserable hide?

**** that.

hadnt thought about it in them protecting RL but the general public against him.

as someone out trying to protect and serve the public i would want to keep tabs on someone who has killed a 5 or 6 at least one via dismemberment.

100% he was done in big time, surprised weren’t taken out after that but they have plenty of time on their hands and that debt will be settled at some stage I guess. Shady conviction at the very least but safer for the country that he is away by all accounts.

Far from a victim but he was deffo stitched up by those two, he was no innocent I totally agree on that.

Read between the lines mate. Wayne is far from innocent but he was done nasty on that. He was definitely involved but a lot of stuff was overlooked. Lots of ulterior motives and certain things overlooked. Sure look at the Collins one now she's with that rapist. You couldn't write it. The whole scene in Ireland is like one big fairy tale that someone concocted whilst on a bad acid trip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Far from a victim but he was deffo stitched up by those two, he was no innocent I totally agree on that.

**** him. Let him rot for whatever they got him on. I hope he feels the injustice hard.

100% he was done in big time, surprised weren’t taken out after that but they have plenty of time on their hands and that debt will be settled at some stage I guess. Shady conviction at the very least but safer for the country that he is away by all accounts.

Couldn't agree more lad. Everyone's bottom line was met with that conviction but there's so much shady stuff involved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Billhook wrote: »
    If you met them, they're the sort of guys who would open a door for you in a shop, or hold it open if you were behind them on the way in.
    Mannerly enough just like any other member of society.

Are you ****ing for real are you? Dundons youre describing in that? Had crecora avenue turned into Kuwait. Mannerly my hole

• Registered Users Posts: 8 User7890

HairyFeet wrote: »
    Picture of carberry and conor mcg on Robbie insta with a 3rd associate[/quote

Haven’t heard much on GT since KM murder first happened, is he a big player in the game? never heard of him until the KM murder

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

But it's not like Robbie to be so at ease. He's always been a twitchy ****er, factor in that he wasn't carrying and it makes me think he was on the zimmos or something. He was too at ease and it far from his Modus Operandi. Everyone and their Ma knows what the Dundons are like. From what I'm hearing is he went up to collect 20 grand, knocked at the door walked in and the hitman burst in and blasted him. Also heard they were in Belfast from the day before, you hear a lot of ****e so it's hard to decipher it all.

Could be other things going on. With all the media attention on RL maybe his family were being threatened and he was forced into doing. Could be a variety of things involved.

Also nobody has mentioned he got 2 headshots, that takes a bit of skill or luck?

Bullets are tiny things once the explosive is gone, almost become like peashooters. Easy to miss.

Anon165 wrote: »
    Could be other things going on. With all the media attention on RL maybe his family were being threatened and he was forced into doing. Could be a variety of things involved.

Also nobody has mentioned he got 2 headshots, that takes a bit of skill or luck?

Bullets are tiny things once the explosive is gone, almost become like peashooters. Easy to miss.

2 in the head and one in the back. 2 head shots when he was down, not easy as you said mate. Wouldn't say many would make public threats to him when he was alive, he had a gang running like scared children by himself. Says a lot about the man when you think about it. The only other death that's been celebrated by some like this was the Guinea Pigs

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

jbt123 wrote: »

Found an early case of a gangland criminal killing himself. Joe Skerritt (30) of 6 Glenmalure Villas, St. James's Walk, Rialto, Dublin accidentally shot himself with a shotgun during a robbery on an amusement arcade in Limerick in Sep. 1981.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Titan2020

bigpink wrote: »
    TheDundon Mcarthys seem to have come out of no where again.Are they related to the Casey crime family in Limerick

Ya there's a connection through marriage with a few of them, that family you just mentioned there are the worse breed of animals ever to come out of limerick, they're just to thick and inbred to do much more that rape rob and murder, google them and see, along running battle with Anthony Kelly from southill

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Titan2020

The Casey's have always been an astute mob. They've been the main mob for a while down there. They just stay in the shadows and let others take the spotlight.

Astute..hahahaha that's ****in a good one, they're in the papers fairly regularly for rape and robbing farmers and murder..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭beerbellybob

so RL was shot by the person he was picking up the debt from or someone else?

the general consensus is that the people he traveled with knew RL was being setup?

the shooter escaped and is not in custody?

thanks for any responses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement