Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Oh yea thought he was still in remand, my bad. So they’re on their tod so RL gone and PC behind bars. I’m sure they’ll band together a faction for one last go.

Yea I think JB is out too and gone into hiding (low profile) PC might try get off with the Brothers back if the two of them are back in town. Surely if the B brothers are killed then PC will only have himself when he comes out. Surely they’ll all go down fighting, they don’t know anything else. Can’t be too many places for them to hide. Maguire is mad to kill this feud I’m sure.

There a good few other foot soldiers in that faction. I heard PC was kickin it in the Joy with his buddy Karlito Brigante recently although I'm not sure how true that is. Traveller faction definitely much stronger esp with RC and RL dead. The Anti-Mag side are basically just a collection of young street thugs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

Are KB and LB related?

One thing I always meant to ask.
    When Noel Boylan was in the news after being shot, I read that he sometimes visited Christy in Dubai.
    Knowing that Christy’s first wife (DK’s maw) was a Boylan, is Noel related to the Kinahan’s through her, or is that just a coincidence?

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Isn't he locked up on tiger kidnapping charge?

Sorry I was referring to when P Irwin and Davin Flynn were on B wing together.
    Couple of years back. I believe Irwin gave him Kelly a hiding and Kelly went into protection

Are KB and LB related?

Drogheda and Blanchardstown Boylans are un-related

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Going off topic a bit but the crumlin drimnagh fued between Freddie and Rattigan sides. Was freddie actually top dog on that side? Seems in recent years he was a bit down the line and his cousins the Byrnes were higher up the ladder. Would the Byrnes have been involved much in that fued i know they were at abrakadabra when Brian stabbed Declan Gavin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/mid-louth-independent/20200303/281543702970004

Keith Boylan got a charge of threating to kill struck out at the start of march. The injured party did not show up.
    What's that about?

Going off topic a bit but the crumlin drimnagh fued between Freddie and Rattigan sides. Was freddie actually top dog on that side? Seems in recent years he was a bit down the line and his cousins the Byrnes were higher up the ladder. Would the Byrnes have been involved much in that fued i know they were at abrakadabra when Brian stabbed Declan Gavin.

Well you neee to think of it this way. Freddie was the head of the faction at street level...but who were they getting their drugs off? who did they take over specific territory from? What older criminal had links to the gangs in the fork of sons, nephews and in-laws. The Crumlin faction in that feud was a very early first line of foot soldiers for the Kinahan-Cunningham Cartel that was quickly emerging in the very early 00’s

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

He took over after Declan Gavin was stabbed

Well you neee to think of it this way. Freddie was the head of the faction at street level...but who were they getting their drugs off? who did they take over specific territory from? What older criminal had links to the gangs in the fork of sons, nephews and in-laws. The Crumlin faction in that feud was a very early first line of foot soldiers for the Kinahan-Cunningham Cartel that was quickly emerging in the very early 00’s

I think they had connections through John Gillian, not sure how true that is though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/mid-louth-independent/20200303/281543702970004

Keith Boylan got a charge of threating to kill struck out at the start of march. The injured party did not show up.
    What's that about?
    The only charges I heard of him due up on was for when the 3 of them had that guy in the bath,but he killed himself after so that will be struck out
    Could it be about that

• Advertisement

Don Logan wrote: »
    I think they had connections through John Gillian, not sure how true that is though
    Who's John Gillian?

They took over a large proportion of his market, but these young gangsters had numerous links to older established criminals, the older Byrnes and Kinahan among others. They were schooled well coming up and took over a large, lucrative territory stretching from the Coombs and Thomas Street over into Crumlin and Drimnagh. But they were still basically street dealers for the big traffickers who were supplying them.

By the late 00’s as more was known about the Cartel, things started to become a lot more clear..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

What's that about?

A member of the gang the other side of the feud gave a statement against him and others. Discussed thoroughly on this thread since it first surfaced online over 12 months ago.

Who's John Gillian?

Gilligan, you know well what I meant haha

A member of the gang the other side of the feud gave a statement against him and others. Discussed thoroughly on this thread since it first surfaced online over 12 months ago.

Is that the same guy in the bath or a different guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Is that the same guy in the bath or a different guy?

Different person

https://m.herald.ie/news/feud-hood-branded-a-rat-as-claim-to-gardai-leaked-by-gang-rivals-38323199.html

Tensions have increased in the bitter Drogheda feud after a statement of complaint made to gardai by a close associate of paralysed mob boss Owen Maguire was leaked on to social media by his feuding enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Madmax03

No he was never top dog . Himself and his cousins ran it and each had smaller dealers running for them . Dan and Christopher were friends with them all so that was the connection to the Kinahans and the older generation were friends aswell . Liam was locked up so it was only really dots . Most of them were cousins and a few of their trusted friends formed that gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

Sorry I was referring to when P Irwin and Davin Flynn were on B wing together.
    Couple of years back. I believe Irwin gave him Kelly a hiding and Kelly went into protection

Yeah Kelly was starting to throw his weight around and Paddy heard he was gonna attack him to try get a bigger name for himself and undermine him in the process so he went in and closed off the cell door and smashed Kelly around which is no mean feat he's well built. Flynn had great time for paddy and basically told kelly he was to leave the landing or else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

TallyRand wrote: »
    Is KBoy any relation the Boylan chap who had drug trafficking claims, collusion and cover-ups from Gardai around the late 1990's?

Never seen that mentioned here and I know from the same neck of the woods

Others will confirm but I dont think they are the same person. You're thinking of Kieran Boylan, an international haulier who was convicted for importing heroin. Gardai covered up for him and even helped him get his international hauliers license back after his conviction so he could keep on trucking the heroin into Ireland. Theres still no conviction of him or of rogue Gardai in that case. Its so high level that its been swept under the carpet completely. The most senior Garda in the Louth Monaghan division where it happened was Martin Callinan who later went on to become Garda Commissioner.
    I would say so,cartel aren't going to forget about that debt when still do many assets there
    Cartel seem to have had a free run of the place in lieu of the cash

Are we talking a stately home hotel with a mini golf course in Lucan?
    A Garda Commissioners daughter had her wedding in Citywest...

Which Commissioner was that, read it before in the Indo but it slips me now. Another Garda Commissioner in the late 90s was involved in a property deal in Ashbourne where he sold a house to a known criminal. CAB existed at the time but a blind eye was turned, I guess they didnt want to upset their boss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

https://m.herald.ie/news/feud-hood-branded-a-rat-as-claim-to-gardai-leaked-by-gang-rivals-38323199.html

Tensions have increased in the bitter Drogheda feud after a statement of complaint made to gardai by a close associate of paralysed mob boss Owen Maguire was leaked on to social media by his feuding enemies.

Any link to those statements they are meant to be on the interweb someone

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Period Hotspod

Muahahaha wrote: »
    . Another Garda Commissioner in the late 90s was involved in a property deal in Ashbourne where he sold a house to a known criminal. CAB existed at the time but a blind eye was turned, I guess they didnt want to upset their boss

I worked for ALLSIDES.

Find this thread juvinile to say the least. Reminds me attending "events" where postpubescent boys would try to impress the bigger guys with "my da sold ten major in moore street - wat did your da do?

to get on point,

I dealt with putting this together.

Not the first one to have to move to South africa.

The house was split in 2 and byrne shared it with his sister.

w w w .independent.ie/opinion/analysis/garda-commissioner-talks-about-forces-black-sheep-26249916.h t m

new user cant post urls so use your imagination

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SSLil

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/tangled-up-in-a-network-of-death-26262074.html

Christopher `Bud' Dwyer, from a family of street traders based in the Markets area, was in the same pub with his girlfriend. He too had been in the habit of drinking heavily since his stepson Mark Dwyer had been abducted, tortured and shot dead a year previously in a dispute over a missing drug consignment. And he had heard that Beatty was boasting of being involved.

Gilligan, you know well what I meant haha
    Gilligan had nothing to do with that crew
    They might have bought a bit of hash off him ,that's all Gilligan ever sold,but Freddie and co were mostly always coke and H
    Gilligan had no territory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I was reading this article this morning over breakfast: https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2020/0529/1143486-inside-kinahan-gang/

I've asked before, but why do so many of the people involved in crime have planter/tan surnames? Capper, Hutch, Thompson, Curtis, Price, Davis, Little, Parker?

Not a single Gael surname amongst them.

I was reading this article this morning over breakfast: https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2020/0529/1143486-inside-kinahan-gang/

I've asked before, but why do so many of the people involved in crime have planter/tan surnames? Capper, Hutch, Thompson, Curtis, Price, Davis, Little, Parker?

Because they are mostly jackeens
    And Dublin would have traditionally had more Brits than rest of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

I don't think a surname should or can define how "Irish" someone is. Does it really matter if someone's family has been on the island for 1,000 years or 500 years or 100 years?

I think Irish criminal figures who are second generation Italian or are newly arrived Polish or Brazillian migrants or who have uncommon surnames are an interesting topic to look at it but it sounds like you're trying to suggest that good true Gaelic Irish families don't get involved in organised crime and it's mainly or all the descendents of English Protestant planters? Which is of course is bull****.

I think it's a useless and dead end argument to get into but one only has to look at some of the names of people killed in ganglang hits in the few years for evidence of "Gael" surnames - Wayne Whelan (anglicised version of O' Faolain), David Lynch (anglicised version of Ó Loingsigh), Robbie Sheridan (anglicised version of O'Sirideáin), Mark Desmond (anglicised version of Ó Deasmhumhnaigh), David Bryne (Ó Broin) and so on and so on.

Nor should it be forgotten how many gangsters in Boston, Chicago, Montreal, London, Manchester, Australia etc. etc. descend from Irish families who emigrated there. From Ned Kelly to Whitey Bulger to Dessie Noonan to the current lads in Amsterdam and Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Thesiger

Obviously you’re being selective, there’s a good mix in reality - Kinahan, Cahill, Ward, Foley, Boylan, Dunne, Byrne, Doyle, Hennessy, etc, etc. Dublin’s just like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Because they’re from dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Thesiger

One surname I’ve only ever heard of in the context of Irish gangland is Sugg. What the feck is that?

Also it’s gas that one of our most feared gangsters is called Cornelius.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement