Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Any truth from the papers that GW (The Wig) is running things in Ireland on behalf of DK after spending years in Birmingham?

Seems like another feared guy, I assume he was heavily involved in Crumlin-Drimnagh Feud murders. I'm dubious when the papers say that someone is running something in Ireland though.They alleged I think at one stage Freddie Thompson was the head guy for them in Ireland and that is more than likely untrue and not to mention I'm not sure the organisation runs like that. Don't they just have a Kinahan distributor in Ireland who will sell the stuff onto gangs? Do they really care about anything else as long as gangs buy their drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thesiger wrote: »
    One surname I’ve only ever heard of in the context of Irish gangland is Sugg. What the feck is that?

Also it’s gas that one of our most feared gangsters is called Cornelius.

yeah Cornelius wouldnt exactly strike fear into anyone. Presumably he had very religious parents, Cornelius being a Roman general who was converted to Christianity by St.Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭patsyrockem

I was reading this article this morning over breakfast: https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2020/0529/1143486-inside-kinahan-gang/

I've asked before, but why do so many of the people involved in crime have planter/tan surnames? Capper, Hutch, Thompson, Curtis, Price, Davis, Little, Parker
    Not a single Gael surname amongst them.
    Descendants of the black and tans??? Which would explain a lot! Same in a lot of our towns and cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SSLil

I wonder if Patsy appreciates the efforts made to keep him alive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

And how did they catch EVERY hit team,must have been 4 or 5 different teams
    And according to that last court case they all operate IRA style small cells, unaware of each other
    Obviously a rat at the next level up from those guys
    Is branno in their wing now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Fat freddies mate Mad Dog's house got raided today. Guards were taking no nonsense! threatened to pepper spray anyone who got in their way ���� another kinahan foot soldier being targetted

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Possibly a rat, why every Hit team is failing.

But it appears cops are bugging lots phones/ cars / houses - far more than we think. i thought Whatsapp and Messenger were pretty secure. Cops with fancy tech, could only intercept plain old text messages.
    Anyone know, has it been declared in a case yet, that cops can listen to calls? Where's Gdpr when need it.

If they can listen in to calls, is it all recorded for podcast replay or must they listen live like netflix narcos?
    Haven't heard proof in any court cases, revealing cops ability to listen to calls.
    But why else would top crimos opt for special encrypted phones, unless no harm being extra safe.

Some recent news, lads were caught with signal jamming device. Which stops their calls and everyones nearby. Unless they suspect their phones are listening to them when chatting and jammers prevent that listening in.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Fat freddies mate Mad Dog's house got raided today. Guards were taking no nonsense! threatened to pepper spray anyone who got in their way ���� another kinahan foot soldier being targetted

Is that his former driver who he was looking for money off or the lad who saw the Sunday World taking pictures of him and dropped his trousers and let them take pictures of his Mickey haha. I know that sounds strange to read but I remember bursting out laughing when I saw it, no f**ks given by that guy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Saw that on Facebook. All the family so used to the raids just sitting there chilling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

kotou2 wrote: »
    Possibly a rat, why every Hit team is failing.

But it appears cops are bugging lots phones/ cars / houses - far more than we think. i thought Whatsapp and Messenger were pretty secure. Cops with fancy tech, could only intercept plain old text messages.
    Anyone know, has it been declared in a case yet, that cops can listen to calls? Where's Gdpr when need it.

If they can listen in to calls, is it all recorded for podcast replay or must they listen live like netflix narcos?
    Haven't heard proof in any court cases, revealing cops ability to listen to calls.
    But why else would top crimos opt for special encrypted phones, unless no harm being extra safe.

Some recent news, lads were caught with signal jamming device. Which stops their calls and everyones nearby. Unless they suspect their phones are listening to them when chatting and jammers prevent that listening in.

They are listening to everything. It's not being mentioned in court because the info they obtain is inadmissible. They use the info they obtain to catch their targets in the midst of a crime and then when it comes to charging them for x,y & z, they dont mention the listening etc.
    This is why a lot of criminals are using encrypted phones, there are several types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 The enlightened one

They are listening to everything. It's not being mentioned in court because the info they obtain is inadmissible. They use the info they obtain to catch their targets in the midst of a crime and then when it comes to charging them for x,y & z, they dont mention the listening etc.
    This is why a lot of criminals are using encrypted phones, there are several types.

Another example of inadmissible evidence would be if they had intercepted a bunch of phones at the airport that they knew were coming in. Switched the phones while questioning the courier for 2 hours before eventually letting them go through. Harvest a huge amount of Intel from the phones while sitting back and watching the lads accuse each other of being a rat..

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

What do the informants get off the Garda for information? Money and protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Another example of inadmissible evidence would be if they had intercepted a bunch of phones at the airport that they knew were coming in. Switched the phones while questioning the courier for 2 hours before eventually letting them go through. Harvest a huge amount of Intel from the phones while sitting back and watching the lads accuse each other of being a rat..
    Bull crap, switching phones bul****, the phones would be encrypted. Could not be broken by brute force (brute force is a very old code breaker) within a couple of hours.
    So much ****e being posted.
    Please stop with you ****e.

You watch way too many movies.
    And know fook all about encryption.

Your posts are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Thesiger wrote: »
    One surname I’ve only ever heard of in the context of Irish gangland is Sugg. What the feck is that?

Also it’s gas that one of our most feared gangsters is called Cornelius.

That’s often abbreviated to Con which fits fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shellshooter

Anyone update on who or why the AT ****ting happened in Coolock the other day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 The enlightened one

Notdeco wrote: »
    Bull crap, switching phones bul****, the phones would be encrypted. Could not be broken by brute force (brute force is a very old code breaker) within a couple of hours.
    So much ****e being posted.
    Please stop with you ****e.

You watch way too many movies.
    And know fook all about encryption.

Your posts are hilarious.

I know more about encryption and the related technology than you ever will. I also know more about surveillance and counter surveillance than you ever will. However, I am not one to stick around where I'm not wanted. I won't share anything else here in future. Keep believing everyone is a rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I know more about encryption and the related technology than you ever will. I also know more about surveillance and counter surveillance than you ever will. However, I am not one to stick around where I'm not wanted. I won't share anything else here in future.

I personally appreciated your input Mr Neeson.

Tallant was always fascinated by the Penguin. He's defo her favourite criminal

Is that his former driver who he was looking for money off or the lad who saw the Sunday World taking pictures of him and dropped his trousers and let them take pictures of his Mickey haha. I know that sounds strange to read but I remember bursting out laughing when I saw it, no f**ks given by that guy

Defo the second one. Pure lunatic. Involved in all sorts of armed robberies back in the day. For such a loose cannon I'm suprised we dont hear much about him

What do the informants get off the Garda for information? Money and protection?
    From my experience they offer both,cops give you to CHIS and they offer cash and get out of jail cards,up to 20 something grand if memory serves me right but I was under pressure at the time and might be misremembering
    Back in the day before CHIS they'd offer **** all only if you help them at your sentencing we will tell judge you were helpful and he'll go easy on you
    I was only ever caught for drugs not criminal stuff like robbery or violence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Haladmirer wrote: »
    I was only ever caught for drugs not criminal stuff like robbery or violence

News to me that we’ve decriminalized drugs!

News to me that we’ve decriminalized drugs!
    I live my life like they were legal anyway and so do a lot of other people

Defo the second one. Pure lunatic. Involved in all sorts of armed robberies back in the day. For such a loose cannon I'm suprised we dont hear much about him
    Wasn't it Jamie Griffin or his brother that flashed the Mickey?
    Mad dog is Ian Maloney who's house was raided

I live my life like they were legal anyway and so do a lot of other people

Feeding the problem. You must DK is legitimate so? He has no convictions just runs a drug empire

Possibly. I hadn't heard that story before. Mad dog wasnt just a driver anyway

Feeding the problem. You must DK is legitimate so? He has no convictions just runs a drug empire
    I think of DK same as you prob
    A mass murderer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I think of DK same as you prob
    A mass murderer

Having a bit of a poke around Barhain media to see how they’re reacting to the news of DK over there, they’ve one publication Gulf Daily News which lists a number of MTK press release type articles on its site as well as a report of the Regency killing.

http://www.gdnonline.com/Details/823989

http://www.gdnonline.com/Details/822998

http://www.gdnonline.com/Details/64476

You’d think at this point they’d have joined the dots over there especially for a country that carries the death penalty for drugs possession with intent to resell.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TruthHurts1

It was Leon

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

If so many people, at all levels of life, consume so much drugs. Why solely blame the dealer?

Fair enough blame them if being scumbag with violence and intimidation to rest of society.

But darkweb dealing is safer and less violence. Way to go
    https://www.thejournal.ie/dark-web-3113785-Jan2017/

But 2 lads doing darkweb were anonymous - until cops busted him. IP address and he must not have used a vpn I presume. Should brush up IT skills.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/dark-net-drug-dealer-loses-appeal-over-jail-sentence-1.2853540

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

AmberGold wrote: »

You’d think at this point they’d have joined the dots over there especially for a country that carries the death penalty for drugs possession with intent to resell.

I wonder do the lads recreationally use their own gear in these places with no fear of the law, given the mad punishments a Joe Soap would face if caught with same.

This is what happened to British DnB DJ Grooverider. Nearly a year in prison for 1/14th of an ounce of smoke.
    On 24 November 2007, Grooverider was arrested at Dubai International Airport for possession of 2.16 grams of cannabis, which he claimed he had forgotten was in a pair of his trousers.[6] "I must have forgotten the spliff," he said in an interview. "It was a small amount. Back home I would not even get prosecuted."[7] On 19 February 2008, he was sentenced to four years' imprisonment, to be followed by immediate deportation (four years is the mandatory sentence for drug possession in the United Arab Emirates).[7] He was pardoned and released on 3 September 2008, during the holy month of Ramadan that traditionally sees the pardoning of select prisoners in UAE.[6] In an interview with BBC, Grooverider described his experience and the conditions in which he was placed as "appalling".[8]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement