Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

ACAguy wrote: »
    Rooted him out myself but didn't want to post it.just in case
    A close associate is usually brother or son depending on age

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Rooted him out myself but didn't want to post it.just in case
    A close associate is usually brother or son depending on age

So have we come to the conclusion, there was 2 rods in the car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

Who's side are Pat and Ian Lawlor

PLATOBONG wrote: »
    So have we come to the conclusion, there was 2 rods in the car ?
    Made me titter.a bit
    He wasn't in the car tho
    But two rods on the same team
    How gay is that

juno10353 wrote: »
    Who's side are Pat and Ian Lawlor
    The penguins

• Advertisement

Made me titter.a bit
    He wasn't in the car tho
    But two rods on the same team
    How gay is that

:D

The penguins

Is Ian the son

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Local drug dealers in my estate with like 20-30 cars a day pulling up

How would i find out who's selling to them ?

Whats the best course of action to get rid of them ? Cute feckers house was turned over 4 times and found nothing ( but 100 % they are dealing ) just a good hiding spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Whats the best course of action to get rid of them ? Cute feckers house was turned over 4 times and found nothing ( but 100 % they are dealing ) just a good hiding spot

Sorry man as much as I disagree with some of the lowlife crime of the scum involved in Irish gang and drug scene I would never stoop to being a rat in the fashions you are describing. Sorry man, call me old fashioned but **** right off with that **** please.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

If you start opening a can of worms they will be looking at the best course of action to get rid of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ask them ? They'll gladly share info with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

Found this an interesting article

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/25-criminal-gangs-control-irish-underworld-says-garda-chief-martin-callinan-28904190.html

It's a few years old now but how many would be there now and based where? I imagine by "gangs" it refers to groups involved in importing kilo amounts or buying them here for cutting and wholesale selling by the ounce (coke, heroin)/ 9 bar (hash)/ kilo (weed) and who aren't afraid to use a gun, as opposed to the localised groups of little feckers who have made the news lately who get their supply off these bigger lads (Darndale kids, the ginger Corduff lads etc)

Off the top of the head would be

Importers- Kinahan, Penguin, "The Family"

Finglas- "Gucci", Mulvey, "Monkey Gang" (Gucci, Monkey, the media loves daft names for Finglas

Coolock/ wider NE Dublin- Big, is the Joyce traveller gang around there still operating?

D15- Westie remnants and their younger acolytes. Only hear of the J'OC led faction, is DG and the brother faction still active?

Ballyfermot- O'Driscoll, "The Family"

Clondalkin- D22 still in existence? "The Family"

Crumlin/ Drimnagh- Byrne OCG. Rattigan elements still active?

Tallaght- Kinahan backed lad with a name that rhymes with cold as ice be the prominent one? The Andy Connors traveller burglary mob are heavily based in Tallaght but I've not heard of them being linked to organised crime

North Wicklow/ South Dublin- Bray based mob been operating for years. I was told the leader became a junkie very late in life while serving a sentence but it's still going strong.

Wicklow- The Businessman. The GAA connected family.

Cork- I recall seeing somewhere the O'Flynn mob were the only game in town, their influence being why feuds and shootings in Cork are relatively rare. God knows how true it is but that they never engaged in heroin dealing to keep the respect of the public and avoid the ire of dissidents. Cork is full of heroin but it's brought by junkies doing runs to Dublin and Lithuanians.

Limerick- Dundon- McCarthy are still active, as seen by the events in Belfast and the charges in the Christy Keane hit this week. I'm assuming the Ryan and Keane gangs are either still active or merged into newer names like the Collopy McNamara one

Drogheda/ North Co Dublin- Maguire/ Price, Boylan

Sligo- two feuding gangs there from memory

Longford- two feuding traveller gangs

Cavan- https://www.herald.ie/news/locked-up-mobsters-fury-as-rival-gang-take-over-his-patch-34625360.html makes reference to a Traveller mob moving between there and Blanch

Dundalk- has one serious outfit according to one local news article.

That would make about 27 although I'm obviously missing a few. There would also be a handful of E European ones who seem concentrated in selling smokes, yokes, speed to dealers within their own communities. I'd imagine probably an African crew or two doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

KM792 wrote: »
    Which barbershop is that?

could it be the one that GL goes to ? (near where DD was killed)

Are you mad
    Keep your head down and mind your and your families business

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/25-criminal-gangs-control-irish-underworld-says-garda-chief-martin-callinan-28904190.html

It's a few years old now but how many would be there now and based where? I imagine by "gangs" it refers to groups involved in importing kilo amounts of buying them here for cutting and wholesale selling by the ounce (coke, heroin)/ 9 bar (hash)/ kilo (weed) and who aren't afraid to use a gun, as opposed to the localised groups of little feckers who have made the news lately who get their supply off these bigger lads (Darndale kids, the ginger Corduff lads etc)

Finglas- "Gucci", Mulvey, "Monkey Gang" (Gucci, Monkey, the media loves daft names for Finglas

Coolock/ wider NE Dublin- Big, is the Joyce traveller gang around there still operating?

D15- Westie remnants and their younger acolytes. Only hear of the J'OC led faction, is DG still active?

Tallaght- Kinahan backed lad with a name that rhymes with cold as ice be the prominent one? The Andy Connors traveller burglary mob are heavily based in Tallaght but I've not heard of them being linked to organised crime

North Wicklow/ South Dublin- Bray based mob been operating for years. I was told the leader became a junkie very late in life while serving a sentence but it's still going strong.

Cork- I recall seeing somewhere the O'Flynn mob were the only game in town, their influence being why feuds and shootings in Cork are relatively rare. God knows how true it is but that they never engaged in heroin dealing to keep the respect of the public and avoid the ire of dissidents. Cork is full of heroin but it's brought by junkies doing runs to Dublin and Lithuanians.

Limerick- Dundon- McCarthy are still active, as seen by the events in Belfast and the charges in the Christy Keane hit this week. I'm assuming the Ryan and Keane gangs are either still active or merged into newer names like the Collopy McNamara one

Cavan- https://www.herald.ie/news/locked-up-mobsters-fury-as-rival-gang-take-over-his-patch-34625360.html makes reference to a Traveller mob moving between there and Blanch

That would make about 27 although I'm obviously missing a few. There would also be a handful of E European ones who seem concentrated in selling smokes, yokes, speed to dealers within their own communities. I'd imagine probably an African crew or two doing the same.
    I didn't read article yet or your post but no heroin dealing in cork caught my eye
    I've never been to cork and I know nothing about its drug scene but I know economics and there has to be many big heroin dealers in cork.
    And if there wasn't there would be a war to see that there was

I didn't read article yet or your post but no heroin dealing in cork caught my eye
    I've never been to cork and I know nothing about its drug scene but I know economics and there has to be many big heroin dealers in cork.
    And if there wasn't there would be a war to see that there was

Just something that I either read or that I picked up somewhere, that Cork is dominated by one large, family based gang for the last 25 plus years, and that they decided to avoid the drama that heroin brings.

Cork is full of junkies, but they are supplied by small time addicts doing runs from Dublin/ Limerick and by Lithuanian street dealers.

Just something that I either read or that I picked up somewhere, that Cork is dominated by one large, family based gang for the last 25 plus years, and that they decided to avoid the drama that heroin brings.

Cork is full of junkies, but they are supplied by small time addicts doing runs from Dublin/ Limerick and by Lithuanian street dealers.
    I remember stories in SW from the early 90s about a big heroin dealer from cork who's name escapes me now,paddy Sheehan or something like that, nickname cowboy
    Can only imagine lots more since

I remember stories in SW from the early 90s about a big heroin dealer from cork who's name escapes me now,paddy Sheehan or something like that, nickname cowboy
    Can only imagine lots more since

I'm fairly sure Cork has only had a serious heroin problem in the last 15 to 20 years. Limerick's first heroin arrest was in 1999 after all.

Anyone reading this from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

I'm fairly sure Cork has only had a serious heroin problem in the last 15 to 20 years. Limerick's first heroin arrest was in 1999 after all.

Anyone reading this from here?

I used to go to Cork every summer when I was a kid and had not been for 4 years but went there last summer. I was shocked at how it felt like a mini Dublin now, along with all it's problems. Very sad stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

It's a few years old now but how many would be there now and based where? I imagine by "gangs" it refers to groups involved in importing kilo amounts or buying them here for cutting and wholesale selling by the ounce (coke, heroin)/ 9 bar (hash)/ kilo (weed) and who aren't afraid to use a gun, as opposed to the localised groups of little feckers who have made the news lately who get their supply off these bigger lads (Darndale kids, the ginger Corduff lads etc)

D15- Westie remnants and their younger acolytes. Only hear of the J'OC led faction, is DG and the brother faction still active?

Do the ‘Hutch gang’ fit in anywhere or are they a thing of the past?

• Advertisement

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Do the ‘Hutch gang’ fit in anywhere or are they a thing of the past?

I always wondered what exactly this was. After all Gerry was retired and never involved in drugs to most people's satisfaction, and most of the nephews who end up in the court pages are petty criminals/ junkies. Burgling offices, sticking up a pharmacy with a bicycle seat, stealing drink from an offy, it isn't exactly Northern Bank level is it. The Regency from what I gather was a mix of Hutch family members, loyal friends of Gary Hutch and the odd dissident republican for hire.

I think I read earlier a relative has a tablet selling operation going if someone can elaborate? Seems odd it would be strictly tablets, what was he at before they became so endemic a decade ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

Grass

I always wondered what exactly this was. After all Gerry was retired and never involved in drugs to most people's satisfaction, and most of the nephews who end up in the court pages are petty criminals/ junkies. Burgling offices, sticking up a pharmacy with a bicycle seat, stealing drink from an offy, it isn't exactly Northern Bank level is it. The Regency from what I gather was a mix of Hutch family members, loyal friends of Gary Hutch and the odd dissident republican for hire.

I think I read earlier a relative has a tablet selling operation going if someone can elaborate? Seems odd it would be strictly tablets, what was he at before they became so endemic a decade ago?

Ye I think the whole gang aspect is overstated. Seems like they are family members plus some guys who were friends with Gary Hutch who were heavily involved in armed robberies and also taking part in murder as an outsourced arm for the Kinahan Cartel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

If there's 20-30 cars pulling up daily then they won't be around for long. Even if they have their drugs hidden, it wont be long until the Gardai are all over them if theres that much activity happening daily. And they will be got eventually.

But your signing your death warrant going around snooping about them. I'd only recommend taking them on if 1. Your suicidal. And 2. You are isolated in life with no friends or family because they will be targeted also.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Ye I think the whole gang aspect is overstated. Seems like they are family members plus some guys who were friends with Gary Hutch who were heavily involved in armed robberies and also taking part in murder as an outsourced arm for the Kinahan Cartel

Yeah even if it’s overstated they still have a few people who are out there. PH snr who’s involved with Hanley from a business POV and you hear stories of him having certain operations up and running. Mago who’s perhaps the most ‘big time’ of them all and will defo fit in somewhere in the gangland circle. Then you have PH jr and NCH who are handy from what I’ve read and won’t be signing on the dole to get by. Would be interesting to see if anyone knows more.

Yeah even if it’s overstated they still have a few people who are out there. PH snr who’s involved with Hanley from a business POV and you hear stories of him having certain operations up and running.

Given his age has he been involved decades or is it a new thing?
    . Then you have PH jr and NCH who are handy from what I’ve read and won’t be signing on the dole to get by. .

Isn't Jr a qualified electrician?

It's a handy front job to have if you the CAB want to know how you can afford a house and nice shirts :pac:

Yeah even if it’s overstated they still have a few people who are out there. PH snr who’s involved with Hanley from a business POV and you hear stories of him having certain operations up and running. Mago who’s perhaps the most ‘big time’ of them all and will defo fit in somewhere in the gangland circle. Then you have PH jr and NCH who are handy from what I’ve read and won’t be signing on the dole to get by. Would be interesting to see if anyone knows more.

I wonder do they all sign on?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

I wonder do they all sign on?

Once the Gardai issue them with a Garda Information Message they then automatically qualify for a LID (life in danger) allowance on top of the normal Jobseekers Allowance bringing it from €203 up to €450 i think and it gets paid into their bank account rather than them having to go to the post office

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MrSanchez

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/drug-dealer-is-granted-legal-aid-for-court-battle-with-cab-39264388.html

Would not have known much about him and his brother but seems he’s big time from all the properties mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Once the Gardai issue them with a Garda Information Message they then automatically qualify for a LID (life in danger) allowance on top of the normal Jobseekers Allowance bringing it from €203 up to €450 i think and it gets paid into their bank account rather than them having to go to the post office

Sound that - reward them haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement