Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Haladmirer wrote: »
    I remember stories in SW from the early 90s about a big heroin dealer from cork who's name escapes me now,paddy Sheehan or something like that, nickname cowboy
    Can only imagine lots more since

Paddy mcsweeney I say

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AlCapone1

The Flynn’s were one of the biggest crews in cork years ago but not anymore.
    Seanie died and Kieran was shot dead by dissidents.

Plenty of heroin in cork the place is full of it. There would be a lot of people flying under the radar because there’s no turf wars and shootings etc

Some fellas tried to get to big for their boots and were taken out such as topper Staunton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Business as usual from Monday boys
    A lot of lads were safe with the 5km rule but now its county wide it opens it up nicely
    Big has a few inter county feuds going on so he's still alright for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Jeff2 wrote: »
    It's mad how bad this PR stunt has gone for Danny and is highlighted in the media when celebs are trying to get noticed but very little coverage.

Great IMO.

There is a name for it that I can't remember what it is where you try lie your way out of something and make it worse.:)

I remember now what it's called.

The Streisand Effect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Once the Gardai issue them with a Garda Information Message they then automatically qualify for a LID (life in danger) allowance on top of the normal Jobseekers Allowance bringing it from €203 up to €450 i think and it gets paid into their bank account rather than them having to go to the post office

Is this a new scheme the LID?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Is this a new scheme the LID?

I heard Healy Rae got it introduced back in March 2017 after he was attacked and his life was in danger.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

That's the chap

Yep lives in a fine big house on the waterfall rd although it's been left run down as his money was seized

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Who is ‘ shooter ‘ in the cartel book ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

brady12 wrote: »

Check your PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Found this an interesting article

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/25-criminal-gangs-control-irish-underworld-says-garda-chief-martin-callinan-28904190.html

It's a few years old now but how many would be there now and based where? I imagine by "gangs" it refers to groups involved in importing kilo amounts or buying them here for cutting and wholesale selling by the ounce (coke, heroin)/ 9 bar (hash)/ kilo (weed) and who aren't afraid to use a gun, as opposed to the localised groups of little feckers who have made the news lately who get their supply off these bigger lads (Darndale kids, the ginger Corduff lads etc)

Off the top of the head would be

Importers- Kinahan, Penguin, "The Family"

Finglas- "Gucci", Mulvey, "Monkey Gang" (Gucci, Monkey, the media loves daft names for Finglas

Coolock/ wider NE Dublin- Big, is the Joyce traveller gang around there still operating?

D15- Westie remnants and their younger acolytes. Only hear of the J'OC led faction, is DG and the brother faction still active?

Ballyfermot- O'Driscoll, "The Family"

Clondalkin- D22 still in existence? "The Family"

Crumlin/ Drimnagh- Byrne OCG. Rattigan elements still active?

Tallaght- Kinahan backed lad with a name that rhymes with cold as ice be the prominent one? The Andy Connors traveller burglary mob are heavily based in Tallaght but I've not heard of them being linked to organised crime

North Wicklow/ South Dublin- Bray based mob been operating for years. I was told the leader became a junkie very late in life while serving a sentence but it's still going strong.

Wicklow- The Businessman. The GAA connected family.

Cork- I recall seeing somewhere the O'Flynn mob were the only game in town, their influence being why feuds and shootings in Cork are relatively rare. God knows how true it is but that they never engaged in heroin dealing to keep the respect of the public and avoid the ire of dissidents. Cork is full of heroin but it's brought by junkies doing runs to Dublin and Lithuanians.

Limerick- Dundon- McCarthy are still active, as seen by the events in Belfast and the charges in the Christy Keane hit this week. I'm assuming the Ryan and Keane gangs are either still active or merged into newer names like the Collopy McNamara one

Drogheda/ North Co Dublin- Maguire/ Price, Boylan

Sligo- two feuding gangs there from memory

Longford- two feuding traveller gangs

Cavan- https://www.herald.ie/news/locked-up-mobsters-fury-as-rival-gang-take-over-his-patch-34625360.html makes reference to a Traveller mob moving between there and Blanch

Dundalk- has one serious outfit according to one local news article.

That would make about 27 although I'm obviously missing a few. There would also be a handful of E European ones who seem concentrated in selling smokes, yokes, speed to dealers within their own communities. I'd imagine probably an African crew or two doing the same.

Stokes Gang Waterford...although less active uh recent yearss

• Advertisement

If there's 20-30 cars pulling up daily then they won't be around for long. Even if they have their drugs hidden, it wont be long until the Gardai are all over them if theres that much activity happening daily. And they will be got eventually.

Without waiving anonymity, can you give us a rough idea what area this is taking place in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

brady12 wrote: »

Either KH or TB, or someone else entirely

Saw some Danish Drug trafficker got arrested in Dubai, DK must be very worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

Saw some Danish Drug trafficker got arrested in Dubai, DK must be very worried now

Yea I just seen the video of the surveillance and the raid ! Fair play they put a mask on him 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

d-don wrote: »
    Yea I just seen the video of the surveillance and the raid ! Fair play they put a mask on him 😂

Here’s a link to the vid lads enjoy :-)

https://mobile.twitter.com/DubaiNameShame/status/1268870935852941312

Very quite week on the scene again lads. Do we expect an up in action now with the tier change tomorrow ?

In fairness Gardai been doing some raids in recent weeks. That just shows what they can do when they have the over time money from the COVID

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

DK take note
    He is currently being investigated and preparations are under way to hand him over to the relevant authorities.

According to the spokesman, Mr Mekky is wanted for murder, drug trafficking and money laundering. In Europe, he evaded arrest for several years as he used multiple passports to travel.

“The high-profile arrest sends a clear message that Dubai will not tolerate international criminal activities even if the crimes have not been committed in the UAE. It also emphasised the UAE’s commitment to fulfil its responsibilities towards combating transnational crime,” the spokesman said.
    https://www.thenational.ae/uae/government/danish-crime-boss-amir-mekky-arrested-in-dubai-sting-operation-1.1029240

Theres a literal shifting of the sands going on at the moment in Dubai. They were happy to turn a blind eye to criminals using the country as a refuge from European authorities and Interpol arrest warrants. Now they're arresting and extraditing them. Bahrain here we come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

The global hq moved to Bahrain before the summer's out. You can smell the ****e in his jocks from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Does any police force actually have a warrant out for DKs arrest? Surely Irish or Spanish police would need to be very sure they could seal a conviction before trying to extradite him.

Does anybody know what level this Danish lad was at? Would he be as big a player as DK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

Muahahaha wrote: »
    DK take note

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/government/danish-crime-boss-amir-mekky-arrested-in-dubai-sting-operation-1.1029240

Theres a literal shifting of the sands going on at the moment in Dubai. They were happy to turn a blind eye to criminals using the country as a refuge from European authorities and Interpol arrest warrants. Now they're arresting and extraditing them. Bahrain here we come!

Are Ireland, Britain and Italy the only states in Western Europe that have an indigenous gangland culture?

The Dutch Kinahan associates are all Moroccans.

The French ones all seemed to be North Africans.

Amir Mekky doesn't sound like he's of Viking descent.

Gang feuds in Sweden seem to always involves former Yugoslavs, Somalis etc etc.

Why is this? Is it simply that when demand for cannabis kicked off big style in the late 60's/ 70's these immigrants were the people with the connections to where it is grown, whereas in Ireland we had essentially none so our lads had to do their own work? We have had immigration for nearly 25 years now yet there is little to no sign of any foreign groups posing any sort of serious rivalry, any existing ones seem happy enough to operate within their own communities for the most part.

Or are most West Europeans just very by the book, and they don't really have a native underclass?

• Advertisement

Are Ireland, Britain and Italy the only states in Western Europe that have an indigenous gangland culture?

The Dutch Kinahan associates are all Moroccans.

The French ones all seemed to be North Africans.

Amir Mekky doesn't sound like he's of Viking descent.

Gang feuds in Sweden seem to always involves former Yugoslavs, Somalis etc etc.

Why is this? Is it simply that when demand for cannabis kicked off big style in the late 60's/ 70's these immigrants were the people with the connections to where it is grown, whereas in Ireland we had essentially none so our lads had to do their own work? We have had immigration for nearly 25 years now yet there is little to no sign of any foreign groups posing any sort of serious rivalry, any existing ones seem happy enough to operate within their own communities for the most part.

Or are most West Europeans just very by the book, and they don't really have a native underclass?

I think there's a lot of merit to what you are saying. I assume it is as you say, although I know there is Native Dutch traffickers at least back in the day and France I think has the Corsican Mafia who are fairly big time. I always get the feeling that there's someone bigger in each country and these guys are working for someone even higher who no one knows about and all stay under the radar. But I could be wrong and maybe the guys like Kinahan and Clerkenwell type cartel's really are the highest level.

Mago MVP wrote: »
    Is it true the K’s work for a scouse gang?

I know Paddy Doyle worked for Colin Smith who was big player in the Liverpool trafficking scene and both were shot near enough time frame to one another. I've never got a definitive motivator as to why Paddy Doyle was killed but one theory is that it is related to a revolt by guys in the Liverpool Cartel unhappy with Smith and got rid of Paddy Doyle and some guy called Cowmeadow as they were loyal lieutenants of his. Also heard he was killed by Russian's or Turks after not paying for heroin shipments and also heard the Kinahan's did it for some reason so who knows. Regardless of that, I think GC was caught in Holland with some lads from Liverpool I think trying to kill someone. I always assumed they worked together the same way the Kinahan's worked with that guy from Birmingham who was a cousin of Gerard Kavanagh. I assume they are associated with a lot of large organisations in the UK and further a field guys in Holland and also heard of DK meeting with some Calabrian mafia guys

Mago MVP wrote: »
    Smith used to like to Lord it over people and was always slacking with work payments - so I’ve heard like.
    The story of the coke going missing was a cover.
    There’s a few scousers now living in Dubai who wield big power and they’re never mentioned in the press - guess that’s the aim haha

Ye I read a book about the Liverpool Cartel a few years ago, seemed like Colin Smith was resented after awhile and amongst other things, being greedy is what did him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Ye I read a book about the Liverpool Cartel a few years ago, seemed like Colin Smith was resented after awhile and amongst other things, being greedy is what did him in.

what book?

Larsso30 wrote: »
    what book?

I think it was called Young Blood. Very street name

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

In the post which listed the gangs, there was no mentioned of “Dunne’s”. Which of there relation or who is heading this gang now. I know of a contractor in recent years had a site in summer hill going on and in which had to pay the Dunne’s for site security.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

John_D3 wrote: »
    In the post which listed the gangs, there was no mentioned of “Dunne’s”. Which of there relation or who is heading this gang now. I know of a contractor in recent years had a site in summer hill going on and in which had to pay the Dunne’s for site security.
    As far as I was aware,and I'm open to correction here,only couple linked to Larry were street level,your mate must have just built on their street
    Never heard of any other dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TruthHurts1

I think there's a lot of merit to what you are saying. I assume it is as you say, although I know there is Native Dutch traffickers at least back in the day and France I think has the Corsican Mafia who are fairly big time. I always get the feeling that there's someone bigger in each country and these guys are working for someone even higher who no one knows about and all stay under the radar. But I could be wrong and maybe the guys like Kinahan and Clerkenwell type cartel's really are the highest level.

The Corsican mafia.... Anyone ever watched "a prophet"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tensimo

is the worst of the hutch kinahan war finished by now? got to think kinahans don't want anymore heat these days

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

As far as I was aware,and I'm open to correction here,only couple linked to Larry were street level,your mate must have just built on their street
    Never heard of any other dunnes

https://m.herald.ie/news/dead-hood-fails-to-show-at-brothers-wedding-29068038.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement