Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Trebhygt

gary550 wrote: »
    Take a look at RL's instagram page, the chap could barely put a sentence together coherently. Like most criminals at his level, he was by no means a brain box.

Although there are some criminals who are extremely intelligent they are not the ones running around the streets like brutes & running other peoples errands.

What is his Instagram page....thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Trebhygt wrote: »
    What is his Instagram page....thanks.

rocbottomsolutions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

so RL was shot by the person he was picking up the debt from or someone else?

the general consensus is that the people he traveled with knew RL was being setup?

the shooter escaped and is not in custody?

thanks for any responses

1, Someone else, apparently he was shot in the chest and two to the head, someone who has done it a few times.

2, yes, this was a set-up and the Addy is a scapegoat.

3, No one knows yet, we'll have to see, what he was shot with, how many times he was shot and where he was shot on his head and body and which direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

so RL was shot by the person he was picking up the debt from or someone else?

the general consensus is that the people he traveled with knew RL was being setup?

the shooter escaped and is not in custody?

thanks for any responses

Set up in Aidy's gaff, I've heard a name for who done it. Very prominent Republican from the area. Done it for cash not RA related as such.

Yeah they knew he was being set up, plans were laid a few weeks ago.Last weeks trip to Ardoyne was a trial run, they had it set up to a tee.

Shooter escaped though the lanes at the back of the area, they're like the little lanes in Coronation St. If you know that area you can navigate it easily and go from one street to the other in seconds.

Titan2020 wrote: »
    Astute..hahahaha that's ****in a good one, they're in the papers fairly regularly for rape and robbing farmers and murder..

You're not wrong in that department regarding the lowest level lads in that family but there's two at the top of the three that are cunning lads, have their fingers in a fair few pies and are very well connected and feared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Titan2020

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    You're not wrong in that department regarding the lowest level lads in that family but there's two at the top of the three that are cunning lads, have their fingers in a fair few pies and are very well connected and feared.

They are definitely feared, we went to southill boxing club for a spar, a few McDonaghs were part of the club, when the caseys walked in they pretty much got up and left they said after that they were just to ****in mental , boxed a few of them in Munchins years ago, Willie big bang always seemed fairly normal, hardy ****er for the size of him

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Billhook wrote: »
    If you met them, they're the sort of guys who would open a door for you in a shop, or hold it open if you were behind them on the way in.
    Mannerly enough just like any other member of society.

This whole thing is like a movie or novel, very intriguing and intense.
    And the wattsapp videos etc, I wonder is there going to be a book wrote about all this?

Those limerick guys seem to come out on top, you hear nothing about them next thing they're on top again.

I'd say if they played chess they'd be pretty dam good at it.
    Imagine them running a company, they'd be absolute geniuses.

I grew up in a housing estate and as a teenager I worked in Quinnsworth with real street wise lads in Cork City in the early 90's they were the best workers on the floor.
    Say one guy was on the mineral section, his patch it would be immaculate.
    He would have great time keeping and his t's were crossed i's dotted.

Some went on to become trainee managers others went to Amsterdam, that was a long time ago.

Ah come on, they shot a fella in a pub just because they didn't serve their 14 year old sister. I don't think they were exactly holding the door open for people on that occasion, or any other. They are animals.
    I think they are getting a bit too much credit here. They are no fools in the sense that they take an opportunity when it falls in to their lap. They got the jump on Kieran Keane because of a double cross, and the same on this occasion. All that proves is they don't play by anyones rules but their own. But since the KK murder the cops down there blew them away and as mentioned most of them will be lucky to see the outside of a jail again. They are opportunists, geniuses they are not

They are definitely feared, we went to southill boxing club for a spar, a few McDonaghs were part of the club, when the caseys walked in they pretty much got up and left they said after that they were just to ****in mental , boxed a few of them in Munchins years ago, Willie big bang always seemed fairly normal, hardy ****er for the size of him

Forgot about Willie, good lad him. Good bit of craic too. Are you still boxing or training mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭monty_python

Just a regular day for the lads. Send Gramsey in and they'd ****e themselves haha joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Titan2020

Forgot about Willie, good lad him. Good bit of craic too. Are you still boxing or training mate?
    Nope packed it in after getting married, away to often with work too, definitely met some headbangers on the rd doing it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

At least they are not Donald Trump would be the Rte Spin on that ! ! !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Cork will be lit tonight, must be sweating in those masks, fair play though conscious of the current COVID19 outbreak :D

Nope packed it in after getting married, away to often with work too, definitely met some headbangers on the rd doing it

Me too lad. Good sport but you meet a right few sorts doing it. Stay safe in the midst of all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seantomo

Myles sound lad aswel good little boxer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There's still a few aquaintances around, Noddy McCarthy and April Collins gave Evedince against Wayne Dundon so that's Definitely after causing a bit of a rift, There's alot of them married into big crime families in the city so they're not completely gone away, a young cousin of theirs was a target in a drive by this time last year so they're clearly not as feared as before

Phoenix did an article about April Collins last year. It said the Gardai & Dept of Justice wanted her moved out of Limerick because of the death threats but that she refused to budge. They would have set her up with a new house, life, etc somewhere else but she wont leave Limerick.

Shes in the state witness protection program and because she refuses to leave Limerick the Gardai have 2 detectives follow her everywhere 24/7, it costs the State hundreds of thousands per year for her protection. Shes not a fan of cops (has over 30+ convictions herself) and regulary shouts abuse at them in public. She also plays games of cat and mouse trying to lose them, sneaking out her back door, that sort of stuff. Also they've arrested her multiple times for driving to the pub, having a few and then attempting to drive home, no charges ever come from it. She married a convicted gang rapist Thomas o'Neill in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kiloofkarma

Set up in Aidy's gaff, I've heard a name for who done it. Very prominent Republican from the area. Done it for cash not RA related as such.

Yeah they knew he was being set up, plans were laid a few weeks ago.Last weeks trip to Ardoyne was a trial run, they had it set up to a tee.

Shooter escaped though the lanes at the back of the area, they're like the little lanes in Coronation St. If you know that area you can navigate it easily and go from one street to the other in seconds.

There wasn’t just one trial run, he was up often and the first place he went to after KMW was belfast moving from hotel to hotel. He was collecting debts up there, they knew this and decided to set him up with another “debt” as he became relatively comfortable collecting in Belfast...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Phoenix did an article about April Collins last year. It said the Gardai & Dept of Justice wanted her moved out of Limerick because of the death threats but that she refused to budge. They would have set her up with a new house, life, etc somewhere else but she wont leave Limerick.

Shes in the state witness protection program and has 2 detectives follow her everywhere 24/7, it costs the State hundreds of thousands per year for her protection. Shes not a fan of cops (has over 30+ convictions herself) and regulary shouts abuse at them in public. She also plays games of cat and mouse trying to lose them, sneaking out her back door, that sort of stuff. Also they've arrested her multiple times for driving to the pub, having a few and then attempting to drive home, no charges ever come from it. She married a convicted gang rapist Thomas o'Neill in 2017.
    Sounds like a right Charmer ! Have you her number :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Muahahaha wrote: »

Shes in the state witness protection program and because she refuses to leave Limerick the Gardai have 2 detectives follow her everywhere 24/7, it costs the State hundreds of thousands per year for her protection. Shes not a fan of cops (has over 30+ convictions herself) and regulary shouts abuse at them in public. She also plays games of cat and mouse trying to lose them, sneaking out her back door, that sort of stuff. Also they've arrested her multiple times for driving to the pub, having a few and then attempting to drive home, no charges ever come from it. She married a convicted gang rapist Thomas o'Neill in 2017.

you'd think that if someone explicitly didn't want protection, the gardai would be able to leave them alone

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Coollio

I pasted over this,
    Hahaha, of course a "detective" would say that while coked out of it himself, state sponsored gangsters.

It was as simple as, one left in the chamber while coked, showing off.

Cnuts are always terrorising people, only dangerous because there's so many of them, aload of youngfellas put them back a peg of 3.

Which family are you on about, from what I see the keanes are still the biggest around at the moment.

Had to laugh at the part about his family confronting him, this is the same family that left their own father get nearly beaten to death in their own front garden. Collopys are the biggest wimps going, so much so that one of the lads that gave evidence in the murder trial against a young relative of theirs still lives in the St Mary's Park area and they won't do anything about it bar give some smack head a small bag of brown to smash his windows once in a blue moon.

McCarthys on the Northside would be the biggest crowd in Limerick atm

• Advertisement

seantomo wrote: »
    Myles sound lad aswel good little boxer too.

Defintley a good boxer, heart of a loin he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

I can't make head nor tail of that Drogheda feud and the motivations for the last few months, to be honest.

I know there are two gangs in the area - the Maguire gang and the Price gang. But how exactly do the Coolock gangs fit into that picture? Are they the suppliers?

For what reason did Price dislike Lawlor? Woods worked for the Maguires, didn't he? So, Price is against the Maguires, I can only assume, so it shouldn't be the killing of Woods that Price is against, exactly, unless it's because the act itself was just so barbaric in nature and he takes umbrage with that.

Why was Mulready Woods with the crew who had a go at Lawlor before Christmas, and what was their problem with Lawlor at this time?

I heard that the killers of Woods were on their way to deliver certain, ahem, mementos of the killing to a relation of Woods'. If that's accurate, who was this relation?

There wasn’t just one trial run, he was up often and the first place he went to after KMW was belfast moving from hotel to hotel. He was collecting debts up there, they knew this and decided to set him up with another “debt” as he became relatively comfortable collecting in Belfast...

The run the week beforehand was the final one with no turning back I have to say thhey done it to a tee. I didn't think he'd get caught off guard like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Konig

briany wrote: »
    I can't make head nor tail of that Drogheda feud and the motivations for the last few months, to be honest.

I know there are two gangs in the area - the Maguire gang and the Price gang. But how exactly do the Coolock gangs fit into that picture? Are they the suppliers?

For what reason did Price dislike Lawlor? Woods worked for the Maguires, didn't he? So, Price is against the Maguires, I can only assume, so it shouldn't be the killing of Woods that Price is against, exactly, unless it's because the act itself was just so barbaric in nature and he takes umbrage with that.

Why was Mulready Woods with the crew who had a go at Lawlor before Christmas?

I heard that the killers of Woods were on there way to deliver certain, ahem, mementos of the killing to a relation of Woods'. If that's accurate, who was this relation?

Price against the Maguire’s?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

Konig wrote: »
    Price against the Maguire’s?!

Yeah, I'm even more confused about this thing than I thought. Who exactly are the two factions involved in the Drogheda feud, then? Maguire/Price on one side, who's on the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

Why was Mulready Woods with the crew who had a go at Lawlor before Christmas, and what was their problem with Lawlor at this time?

I heard that the killers of Woods were on their way to deliver certain, ahem, mementos of the killing to a relation of Woods'. If that's accurate, who was this relation?

Read this...

https://m.herald.ie/news/courts/gang-war-feared-after-thug-lawlor-is-released-38791248.html

Carioco wrote: »
    Those Drogheda lads couldn't string together 150k and no one would pay that much for a hit anyway.

Even if your talking big and flashy I can't see them teaming up and forking that money over
    You could get anyone done even top lads for under 30k.

Pretty sure the cost of getting the Hutch in his apartment block was as little as 5k each for the two hitmen

Those drogheda lads couldn’t string together 150k???? Hahahah they ran drogheda for years when maguire was raided in July or April 2018 can’t remember which they got 250k in cash in there mobile homes along with a lot of other stuff and god knows how many hiding spots they had in the quarry across the road

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    Those drogheda lads couldn’t string together 150k???? Hahahah they ran drogheda for years when maguire was raided in July or April 2018 can’t remember which they got 250k in cash in there mobile homes along with a lot of other stuff and god knows how many hiding spots they had in the quarry across the road

And doubt price is short of money either there at crime there whole life and actually survived getting killed/ haven’t done much jail

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

I heard that the killers of Woods were on there way to deliver certain, ahem, mementos of the killing to a relation of Woods'. If that's accurate, who was this relation?

Price and the Maguires are allies. They’re on one side of the equation. I don’t know who supplies them, but Dublin’s Mr Big is known to have a hand in a large chunk of the drug game from Dublin 5 all the way up to the border.

On the other side are a local breakaway Drogheda faction who apparently sourced their product from Carberry and another fella who has been mentioned here. Lawlor being Carberry’s bro-in-law. Carberry and Lawlor both originally from Coolock but living up near Drogheda.

Just so happens Mr Big and Lawlor appear to have a personal dispute over the murder of one of Big’s friends.

All the above is widely reported in the media, it’s really not difficult to get some idea of the factions from just a few articles and reading between the lines a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Konig

Yeah, I'm even more confused about this thing than I thought. Who exactly are the two factions involved in the Drogheda feud, then? Maguire/Price on one side, who's on the other?

You’ve a lot to catch up on!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement