Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

Haladmirer wrote: »
    As far as I was aware,and I'm open to correction here,only couple linked to Larry were street level,your mate must have just built on their street
    Never heard of any other dunnes

Dunes still have sellers in Drogheda would still be moving a bit of product I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Officer Figpucker

tensimo wrote: »
    is the worst of the hutch kinahan war finished by now? got to think kinahans don't want anymore heat these days

Unless he has done a deal with Maggo, I'd say he's still a bit uneasy - I believe Maggo said that this won't end until Daniel is in his grave, and as far as I know Maggo has put an end to at least one major Irish gangland boss already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

I just knew of Sean,not any gang of Dunnes
    U thought other post was about Larry and co,I presume these are no relation?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Cops swooped on the van owned by a couple of 'sub-contractors' who were washing trucks in well known distribution business in Palmerstown this morning and seized a large block in the back of their van wrapped in brown tape - cops had been watching them. Apparently one is from Drogheda and the other is from Balbriggan and they work for somebody from Coolock. It stemmed from a stop and search on Friday and the cops served the warrant this morning. They've been working on that site for a while I've been told. Could they be using this company to sneak product into the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

tensimo wrote: »
    is the worst of the hutch kinahan war finished by now? got to think kinahans don't want anymore heat these days
    From the outside the Hutches could do with a few bodies on their record as it wasn't even a feud more a slaughter. My guess is it'll be left as it is as the main man on the other side Mago hasn't had anything done to him or any of his close relatives like the Hutches did therefore why do anything stupid and potentially land yourself in hot water for something which has fizzled out..

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

Unless he has done a deal with Maggo, I'd say he's still a bit uneasy - I believe Maggo said that this won't end until Daniel is in his grave, and as far as I know Maggo has put an end to at least one major Irish gangland boss already.

How big do you think Maggo is? He is a great foot soldier, hitman & loyal. Yes he has access to money and certainly a few contacts for the life he lives in and out of countries, constantly traveling and on the move. Though no chance he can take on a cartel. It has already showed since the regancy no Brynes or anyone connected to the cartel has been harmed except for Keogh, who was an easy target. Maggo is not to in the same league as Big or that. Lucky he is alive, he is no powerful force, he has been on the run since the regancy

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    From the outside the Hutches could do with a few bodies on their record as it wasn't even a feud more a slaughter. My guess is it'll be left as it is as the main man on the other side Mago hasn't had anything done to him or any of his close relatives like the Hutches did therefore why do anything stupid and potentially land yourself in hot water for something which has fizzled out..

Maggo was shot but lived. Gerry is really his only threat, Gerry has the brains and money to have someone take him out though there is no chance of that happening where Daniel is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

John_D3 wrote: »
    Maggo was shot but lived. Gerry is really his only threat, Gerry has the brains and money to have someone take him out though there is no chance of that happening where Daniel is now.
    Yeah mate looks unlikely. I assume you're from Dublin based on the username so I'll ask if its known why the Hutches weren't more responsive when person after person related or associated to them was being wiped out. After the regency they took out one man to the K's 14 I think it was (if you take out the innocents) surely they could have got a few more than they did. Was it a case of not enough man power? funds? lack of willingness to engage?

Yeah mate looks unlikely. I assume you're from Dublin based on the username so I'll ask if its known why the Hutches weren't more responsive when person after person related or associated to them was being wiped out. After the regency they took out one man to the K's 14 I think it was (if you take out the innocents) surely they could have got a few more than they did. Was it a case of not enough man power? funds? lack of willingness to engage?

I honestly don’t know its a guessing game. There were plenty at the funeral of David Byrne that day in there shirts that would be easy targets in Crumlin even the likes of that young Nathan Biggie. They could of got a few. After the regency and the first few killings everyone cleared. Patrick and Mago were caught in a car chase, Patrick got lifted Mago cleared North, Nathan wen’t to Liverpool and up North, Patsy left, John left. They were coming in and out of the country in hiding. The cartel have to much money, money was been handed out at ease for a hit or info, people who grew up wit them turned on them for money. Cartel had access to technology to like trackers on cars and of course ammo. They had cars parked around the place loaded with ammo, got quick info on someone it was there to use.

Gerry has loads of money yes, though he doesn’t run a cartel. I am surprised Gerry didn’t pay a proper good hitman big cash to get Bomber or Liam or even a son of there’s for the suffering they have caused his family. Patsy, Maggo, Hanley have money yes to live comfortable lives though don’t have money to splash out on hitmen and guns etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Haladmirer wrote: »
    I remember stories in SW from the early 90s about a big heroin dealer from cork who's name escapes me now,paddy Sheehan or something like that, nickname cowboy
    Can only imagine lots more since
    Is it John Heaphy, now deceased, you are thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tensimo

thats what i was thinking- nobodie gains from more bloodshed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Un happy in rush

Any ideas why the businessman (AD) wanted to have the boxing coach (PT) killed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Any ideas why the businessman (AD) wanted to have the boxing coach (PT) killed

I thought that was a personal issue and the gunman is on remand. It seemed an extremely amateur job rather than a gangland hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

juno10353 wrote: »

It doesn’t really as Boxing is an underworld of its own. My guess is DK lives off the fact he was never convicted of any crime and everything else is rumor only. How many people are going to pull promoters to the side and give them the full story on DK and the video of his father getting arrested in his jocks. Very few if any, he’s in a country that didn’t give a crap about Ireland plus there’s no blood on his hands that anyone can prove atm. The interesting one is the FBI him on their wanted list if memory serves me correct if so I don’t know why that hasn’t been noticed by promoters but then again as I said at the start Boxing has a very murky underworld itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

I thought that was a personal issue and the gunman is on remand. It seemed an extremely amateur job rather than a gangland hit.

Any idea why ? Pete Lodged a court case to sue the boxing club over it and his mot is suing for ptsd over it , like you can’t make this ****e up of you even tried

d-don wrote: »
    Any idea why ? Pete Lodged a court case to sue the boxing club over it and his mot is suing for ptsd over it , like you can’t make this ****e up of you even tried

From what I heard he was throwing his weight around, thought he was big time. Even back when he was a bouncer he was up to it, especially to lads half his size. There's cctv videos of him somewhere kicking the **** out of a lad outside a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

It doesn’t really as Boxing is an underworld of its own. My guess is DK lives off the fact he was never convicted of any crime and everything else is rumor only. How many people are going to pull promoters to the side and give them the full story on DK and the video of his father getting arrested in his jocks. Very few if any, he’s in a country that didn’t give a crap about Ireland plus there’s no blood on his hands that anyone can prove atm. The interesting one is the FBI him on their wanted list if memory serves me correct if so I don’t know why that hasn’t been noticed by promoters but then again as I said at the start Boxing has a very murky underworld itself.

Haha even Roy Jones is vouching for DK. As you rightly point out, they don't care but the FBI thing is something that they would have to notice. I think it's common knowledge that boxing and organised crime are very closely linked throughout history and even to this day but for DK to be so out there and make sure everyone is saying good things about him seems a bit unprecedented. I've heard of Canelo having some connections but it's just that, something you hear that's unverified and always going to be a rumor, DK is openly getting involved and putting himself in the spot light. I remember in the Cartel book they spoke about how supremely arrogant he is and for most of his life he's lived above the law, that element of his personality must be spurring his actions here

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

What has puzzled me during DK’s rise to the top tier of World boxing, is that there seems to have been little or no mention of his (and his friends) links to horse race- fixing in the past.
    After all, it’s a lot easier to fix a ‘two horse race’.
    (Especially if you own one of the ‘horses’!)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/kinahan-gang-linked-to-uk-horse-race-fixing-criminal-outfit-34514107.html

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

From what I heard he was throwing his weight around, thought he was big time. Even back when he was a bouncer he was up to it, especially to lads half his size. There's cctv videos of him somewhere kicking the **** out of a lad outside a pub.

Ah seen him do that loads of time’s down the beach . Seen him hanging out before the shooting with the wrong kind of person , and thought here we go this lads moving into a different game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Yeah, Pete was notorious in Bray for being a scum bag, robbing houses, battering lads on the door. I saw that cctv video, fairly brutal stuff with the headbutt. Dunno why he was shot but wouldn't surprise me if he was acting hard around the wrong people. No doubt he's rough and would batter the majority of lads but when dealing with actual gangsters, it matters for nothing as he and some other boxers/martial artists eventually find out and there has been a fair few examples of it

d-don wrote: »
    Ah seen him do that loads of time’s down the beach . Seen him hanging out before the shooting with the wrong kind of person , and thought here we go this lads moving into a different game

Who was he knocking about with?

That car he was driving wasn't from being a personal trainer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ElZee

Who was he knocking about with?

That car he was driving wasn't from being a personal trainer anyway.

He broke some lads jaw in Club 92 that's what he was shot over. Carto was in his boxing club a good bit and everyone knows what he's like. Pete's a ****ing dickhead, shame he wasn't finished off that day tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Holly Hoxed

ElZee wrote: »
    He broke some lads jaw in Club 92 that's what he was shot over. Carto was in his boxing club a good bit and everyone knows what he's like. Pete's a ****ing dickhead, shame he wasn't finished off that day tbh

Who's carto and who's jaw did he break if you don't mind?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

chicorytip wrote: »
    Is it John Heaphy, now deceased, you are thinking of?
    H

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Pete was supplying coke into the Martello too. Bet the head off the ex wife down there before and the cctv magically disappeared. Cops spent a lot of time in the boxing club taking down the walls looking for money. Word of the claim coming out on the second anniversary of the shooting too? Bit rich that for a dirt bird like him !!

He’s always been involved with stuff going on in the town.

I love the way everyone in rathnew goes along with BD and AD like they’re saints.

I seen a picture of him and KT when she was younger, think it was taken during the 90’s and they have their guard up for a picture, he looks like a proper head banger with the wife beater vest on him and everything haha

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Pete is not a stand up citizen.
    But the bull**** posts on here are ridiculous.

Some ****e out of you lads.

Yea Pete is scum. But those bs posts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 tensimo

anyone good too follow on twitter to keep update with this stuff? I know whistleblower accounts etc but some of those seem a bit unhinged

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement