Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Lads how come sky news of the daily mail never comment on dk, I can’t wrap my head around it, especially the daily mail as it seems like a potential article right up there street.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AcerJacer

Irish government and gards are a laughing stock. They should of gotten kinihan years ago. Same with the Drogheda feud everyone and their dog knew who was dealing and they weren’t hiding it either. Not working and cruising about in high end motors. Community reported drug dealing on their door step and not one raid. Not until feuds start and communities shout that they put up the resources only cause they now have to. Government solely rely on them whacking each other out. A small country should of got a better hold on it years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Lads how come sky news of the daily mail never comment on dk, I can’t wrap my head around it, especially the daily mail as it seems like a potential article right up there street.

If he is providing intelligence to the MI5 then they would have the power to censor what the media say about him

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

As someone who detests everything that DK, and every one of his money grabbing MTK boxers and associates stands for, I have to admit that as every month passes, I see him getting away with all of his past misdemeanours.
    If the Gardaí (or any other intelligence agency) had enough on him by this point, he’d have been in custody long before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

I presume they don't know who he is. I've also been thinking the same thing but I presume it's because they don't know who he is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

As someone who detests everything that DK, and every one of his money grabbing MTK boxers and associates stands for, I have to admit that as every month passes, I see him getting away with all of his past misdemeanours.
    If the Gardaí (or any other intelligence agency) had enough on him by this point, he’d have been in custody long before now.

Its obvious that its pay offs and snitching that's keeping him where he is the past few years. As he's trending on Twitter today a lot more people from the UK and other places are looking him up, who otherwise would've never heard of him, asking why he's turned into some sort of celebrity in boxing.

His little arrangement in the desert might just come crumbling down before this fight happens. What he thought would be a massive PR boost for himself today has actually had quite the opposite effect and there's more heat on him now than ever before.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

DK has done it, made it to the top. From attending a funeral of Byrne and pictured with Freddie Thompson who now lays in a cell. Daniel has risen to the top from a penthouse in Dubai, today his name was published to the world before Eddie Hearn or Frank Warren as the man who organised the biggest fight in sporting history. Bob A, Fury etc, boxing tops names talking about him publicly in the media.

Daniel has risen to the top, four years ago he was in hiding. He has now got his clean name. For those who think - though he has nothing in the south, Peter Taylor is keeping that alive with maybe 10 pro mtk boxers in based and training in Dublin, so he still has a base in Ireland and the south and keeps alive the mtk name, they might not fight in the south but can hold fights two hours down the road. Mick Conlan head lining europes biggest community festival, Bob said in media it was Daniel organised that.

He can’t get any higher up the ladder unless he attends this fight and gets in the ring after with the fighters for the world to see, which could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

John_D3 wrote: »
    DK has done it, made it to the top. From attending a funeral of Byrne and pictured with Freddie Thompson who now lays in a cell. Daniel has risen to the top from a penthouse in Dubai, today his name was published to the world before Eddie Hearn or Frank Warren as the man who organised the biggest fight in sporting history. Bob A, Fury etc, boxing tops names talking about him publicly in the media.

Daniel has risen to the top, four years ago he was in hiding. He has now got his clean name. For those who think - though he has nothing in the south, Peter Taylor is keeping that alive with maybe 10 pro mtk boxers in based and training in Dublin, so he still has a base in Ireland and the south and keeps alive the mtk name, they might not fight in the south but can hold fights two hours down the road. Mick Conlan head lining europes biggest community festival, Bob said in media it was Daniel organised that.

He can’t get any higher up the ladder unless he attends this fight and gets in the ring after with the fighters for the world to see, which could happen.

F***in gas aswell ya see Mick Conlan giving out about Mr Trump on Twitter but is very tight and good buddies with DK, the irony.

Started from the bottom now we here. But what changes for him regarding day to day? He'll still have to be careful 24/7 of potential threats living in whatever sun prison he's in

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Don Logan wrote: »
    F***in gas aswell ya see Mick Conlan giving out about Mr Trump on Twitter but is very tight and good buddies with DK, the irony.

All hypocrites. Wasn't long ago Eddie Hearn cried on camera after Patrick Day's death - now look at him making deals with a mass murderer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

All hypocrites. Wasn't long ago Eddie Hearn cried on camera after Patrick Day's death - now look at him making deals with a mass murderer.

They’re just saying stuff like that to fit in and score brownie points for their team, pathetic. Money talks so it does

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

As far as I know DK has never been convicted of anything, for a fella that is spoken about in such bad terms you would think he would have a few penalty points or something.

Some of the language that is being used about him would make many people seek legal advice.

The regency hotel has effectively ended High level boxing in this country for fans, Apparently it’s all linked into the reason Katie has never fought here so for people to glorify his Dealings on the global stage what happened at the Regency was hugely detrimental to boxing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

Started from the bottom now we here. But what changes for him regarding day to day? He'll still have to be careful 24/7 of potential threats living in whatever sun prison he's in

The potential of threat is pretty slim with the security and guards he has with him unfortunately. I wonder how all his mates who are living in prisons through out the world feel.

The potential of threat is pretty slim with the security and guards he has with him unfortunately. I wonder how all his mates who are living in prisons through out the world feel.

That threat will always be there though. That's why he'll have security with him at all times, I imagine that must get draining, if I was someone like him I'd be worried 24/7 no matter how powerful or untouchable I got and would be paranoid all the time of potential hitmen or the police. Living the life he lives he always will have to look over his shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

Mad thing is this is just a distraction tactic by Hearn to take the heat off Joshua being racist.
    The fight is honestly no closer to being on than it was yesterday but DK won’t mind

Mago MVP wrote: »
    Mad thing is this is just a distraction tactic by Hearn to take the heat off Joshua being racist.
    The fight is honestly no closer to being on than it was yesterday but DK won’t mind

Same with maddie mc cann, brits love a good nonsense distraction, mind you, this is the most wide spread kinahans name has been yet, he’s trending on twitter as Daniel Kinahan and not the Kinahan cartel as it was during the regency shooting etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Kinahan is wanted for questioning in relation to a number of serious offences, including conspiracy to murder and drug crimes. Yet, as far as I can see, there is no warrant, international or otherwise, out for his arrest. If the Gardai had enough on him there would surely be an international warrant out for his arrest, Even if he was to fly openly back into Dublin in the morning I suspect the worst he would get is to be arrested and held for a couple of days while he sang dumb. .

I've always believed it was more the Byrne- Hutch feud than the Kinahan- Hutch feud.

Of the 18 odd murders I would seriously wonder if DK was even asked for his approval of most of them, let alone ordering and paying for them.

I'd wager the bulk of them were paid for by one man/ family who suffered a personal loss. And that man is residing in an extradition treaty country.

I've always believed it was more the Byrne- Hutch feud than the Kinahan- Hutch feud.

Of the 18 odd murders I would seriously wonder if DK was even asked for his approval of most of them, let alone ordering and paying for them.

I'd wager the bulk of them were paid for by one man/ family who suffered a personal loss. And that man is residing in an extradition treaty country.

Lb? He would have needed the say so from dk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Along with that spice stuff which is rampant in cities like Manchester.

It certainly doesn't seem as endemic here as in the UK, but today I drove past three lads around 2pm outside the Big Tree, completely spreadeagled wide on the footpath seemingly fast asleep. Wonder is it in use here if heroin is in short supply with Covid.

Strangely I've never heard of Spice being seized in bulk by the guards. Smoked it once when it was in the head shops about 12 years ago, horrible stuff altogether, no buzz just a crippling sense of tiredness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Lb? He would have needed the say so from dk

Yea can't see them happening without his go-ahead

• Advertisement

Yeah I assumed that as well as there was petty low level hutch family members who were targeted which lines up with the thinking that LB wanted to get back at the Hutch family for killing his brother rather then strictly those involved in the Regency. I imagine one or two were DK planned, like the Mago attempt and such but I assume the attacks on DCH and GH were LB authorized, again I don't know for certain just a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

Rumours that ESPN / DAZN / Scarcity Studios are sharing the PPV split for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Rumours that ESPN / DAZN / Scarcity Studios are sharing the PPV split for it

2/3 anyway. Doubt Scarcity are, then again nothing is impossible it’s 2020 and crap is gone nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Technique

Are the Byrnes and the Kinehans related? The whole Byrne gang seems to be made up of cousins and in-laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

2/3 anyway. Doubt Scarcity are, then again nothing is impossible it’s 2020 and crap is gone nuts.

It was a joke man but yeah i wouldn't rule anything out in 2020

Technique wrote: »
    Are the Byrnes and the Kinehans related? The whole Byrne gang seems to be made up of cousins and in-laws.

Could be, wouldn't be surprised, from near enough areas in South Inner City

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheRookie82

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Along with that spice stuff which is rampant in cities like Manchester.

I read about that the spice thing constantly. It used to be sold here in the head shops. It must have got stronger since then as it was pretty harmless then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RY4

I presume they don't know who he is. I've also been thinking the same thing but I presume it's because they don't know who he is
    Big write up in the Daily Mail, says DK has links to a gang involved in drugs and weapon smuggling on a global scale!!!
    Can't post the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Question for the Dublin lads.

The likes of LB, Fat Freddie, the deceased Paddy Doyle etc. were/are genuine psychos (all you have to do is read the books or google articles from the early - mid 2000’s about them) and DK ended up their boss. Was he like them on the streets or is he who he is mainly cause his dads money? Or a combination of both?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement