Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Question for the Dublin lads.

The likes of LB, Fat Freddie, the deceased Paddy Doyle etc. were/are genuine psychos (all you have to do is read the books or google articles from the early - mid 2000’s about them) and DK ended up their boss. Was he like them on the streets or is he who he is mainly cause his dads money? Or a combination of both?

I think DK hasn't had the same upbringing as them regarding getting in feud's and all that. I doubt he's been physically involved in a murder or any of the more brutal stuff but only ever ordered it. He grew up in a rough place as we all know but I don't think he's had the same experience as FT or Paddy Doyle. His dad eventually got all the connections and subsequent power and then was eventually groomed to one day take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

I think DK hasn't had the same upbringing as them regarding getting in feud's and all that. I doubt he's been physically involved in a murder or any of the more brutal stuff but only ever ordered it. He grew up in a rough place as we all know but I don't think he's had the same experience as FT or Paddy Doyle. His dad eventually got all the connections and subsequent power and then was eventually groomed to one day take over.

Cheers mate. Fair play to him being able control and tell a lot of people what to do over the years who were clearly more vicious/dangerous at street level than him.. I suppose throwing money around like sweeties helped keep them sweet haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Cheers mate. Fair play to him being able control and tell a lot of people what to do over the years who were clearly more vicious/dangerous at street level than him.. I suppose throwing money around like sweeties helped keep them sweet haha.

No problem buddy, I'm not as in the know as some other posters but from what I've read and heard he didn't have the same upbringing as the mentioned guys. That could have been a reason why he decided to murder GH amongst many other things. He had a crew of genuine hard cases from the North Inner City who had a lot of experience in armed robbery and murder and thought it was safer to eliminate the head of that. FT is a psycho but seemed to do anything to stay in Christy's good graces and doesn't have the competence to be a shot caller at the level of DK or his cousin in Birmingham. I assume after a certain point, it's really how many connections you have and how well you operate in the whole system is what get's you to the top of the pile rather than being vicious on the streets. Someone like RL for example, seemed to be largely feared and vicious but he was never going to be a real top dog trafficker like DK. Christy wouldn't have, to my knowledge, murdered someone with his own hands but he educated himself in prison, learned Spanish, Dutch (Possibly Russian and also heard Arabic) and when he got out made connections with the guys in Colombia and Holland and from that became the kingpin we all know and love lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

The Star not pulling too many punches tomorrow !!

Tweet from @mickthehack

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/1270846094533165058

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

See the uae embassy got tagged, dk’s name is gaining momentum for all the wrong reasons finally it seems. I’d say hutch is sitting back laughing watching all this play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The Star not pulling too many punches tomorrow !!

Tweet from @mickthehack

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/1270846094533165058

We are giving this no publicity, As they print it in their paper and tweet about it.

The Streisand effect.

Jeff2 wrote: »

I’ve watched some tripe in my time but that beats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Of all the talk regarding DK the last few years, where does Christy jnr fit into all of this? Assuming he has some sort of a say?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Question for the Dublin lads.

The likes of LB, Fat Freddie, the deceased Paddy Doyle etc. were/are genuine psychos (all you have to do is read the books or google articles from the early - mid 2000’s about them) and DK ended up their boss. Was he like them on the streets or is he who he is mainly cause his dads money? Or a combination of both?

Quotes from the trail in race fixing in 2007. Had a bit of a reputation back then so can only have got worse over the years.

"
    The jury heard one of the alleged organisers of the so-called "bet to lose" conspiracy, Yorkshire businessmen Miles Rodgers, refer to the Spain-based Irish businessman Daniel Kinahan in intercepted phone calls as a formidable character called "D".
    Mr Rodgers was heard on the intercept telling a person, whose account he has been using to lay bets to lose on online bookmakers Betfair, that while he had met many "menacing" people in the course of his business, they paled beside "D".
    He said he was "only a little fella, but you know when you've been spoken to".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

wardides wrote: »
    Of all the talk regarding DK the last few years, where does Christy jnr fit into all of this? Assuming he has some sort of a say?

He was in the papers last year remarried some young one from Dublin.Think she was 25.He buried a daughter by his first wife a few years ago.In fairness you never really get access to any of their three lives they are incredibly private.

We're only seeing Daniel's mush because of boxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

One of the books interviewed a Garda who claimed that while DK was always a belligerent knacker during their interactions CJ was quiet and respectful, essentially knew they were just doing their job.

Seems as if not for accident of birth he wouldn't be in this game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

See the uae embassy got tagged, dk’s name is gaining momentum for all the wrong reasons finally it seems. I’d say hutch is sitting back laughing watching all this play out.

I think it will be Daniel sitting back laughing, he is where he wants to be. At the top of the boxing game, top fighters, promoters using his name. Realistically the only bad press he is getting is here in the South by a few journalists, which he probably expected.

Lets not forgot boxing is Gerrys sport, he opened a club here, he loves it, the hutch family love it and a few of them are great boxers. This will sicken Gerry and the hutch clan to the stomach in my opinion. How can they sit and watch there favourite sport knowing there arch enemy is making money from it and be stated as the “man” in the boxing world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Is there going to be a major problem with locations here? Isn’t DK banned from US, can’t put on fights in Ireland, and UK would be an easy reach for anti DK protestors.

Can’t see an acceptable solution being to hold all fights in UAE

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

John_D3 wrote: »
    I think it will be Daniel sitting back laughing, he is where he wants to be. At the top of the boxing game, top fighters, promoters using his name. Realistically the only bad press he is getting is here in the South by a few journalists, which he probably expected.

Lets not forgot boxing is Gerrys sport, he opened a club here, he loves it, the hutch family love it and a few of them are great boxers. This will sicken Gerry and the hutch clan to the stomach in my opinion. How can they sit and watch there favourite sport knowing there arch enemy is making money from it and be stated as the “man” in the boxing world.

i thought daniel was no longer involved in MTK or have they given up that charade?

begbysback wrote: »
    Is there going to be a major problem with locations here? Isn’t DK banned from US, can’t put on fights in Ireland, and UK would be an easy reach for anti DK protestors.

That’s where the money is coming from for the purse so it makes sense that at least one of the fights will be in the Middle East, and maybe one in Wembley. They hosted Joshua and Ruiz out there so there is some experience / precedent.

Would post Brexit make it any easier for DK to travel to the Uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Mama Jean, a very decent well respected lady in Oliver Bond by all accounts, was very disappointed when the lads went off to join papaw in Spain, obviously had to accept it but not best pleased. I think I read somewhere that Christy Jr was supposed to be looking after the Brazilian property portfolio. I'd see Daniel as Michael Corleone (without the education) and Christy Jnr as Fredo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Officer Figpucker

The whistleblower / cancer account on Twitter mentioned something a while back about DK being molested by a relative (I think) and that DK subsequently had him shot in the legs - any truth in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i thought daniel was no longer involved in MTK or have they given up that charade?

recently admitted by just about everyone that he is involved at all levels (just not on paper)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

if you look carefully you will see that Ireland does not get the fights anymore

if katie was around 30 years ago she would have been in Croker by now.

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Mama Jean, a very decent well respected lady in Oliver Bond by all accounts, was very disappointed when the lads went off to join papaw in Spain, obviously had to accept it but not best pleased. I think I read somewhere that Christy Jr was supposed to be looking after the Brazilian property portfolio. I'd see Daniel as Michael Corleone (without the education) and Christy Jnr as Fredo.

I think Christy Junior is in charge or at least involved in the Money Laundering side of the operation. It's funny how the Whistleblower hates DK with a passion but seems to have time for Christy Junior haha. I think he got a job in the civil service years back if I'm not mistaken as well, maybe he's actually sound haha

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Officer Figpucker

I think Christy Junior is in charge or at least involved in the Money Laundering side of the operation. It's funny how the Whistleblower hates DK with a passion but seems to have time for Christy Junior haha. I think he got a job in the civil service years back if I'm not mistaken as well, maybe he's actually sound haha

I think she has referred to Christopher Jr as a simpleton on more than one occasion! Also made lots of allegations that he was talking to authorities.

I think she has referred to Christopher Jr as a simpleton on more than one occasion! Also made lots of allegations that he was talking to authorities.

I see, I remember reading tweets saying "I know you....etc" and remember positive things being said and encouraging to turn his back on his brother. But I guess I'm wrong. I've heard he's been described as simple but also heard he was involved in some important aspects so it's hard to know what to believe. Also heard someone tried to shoot him in Portugal as well, who knows whats going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

if you look carefully you will see that Ireland does not get the fights anymore

if katie was around 30 years ago she would have been in Croker by now.

Yea it’s a shame, I’m sure mick conlan would fill the 3arena down here too if he so wished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

there was a hilarious photo of him at his wedding a few years back.
    off his chops...jaw hanging off him.:pac:

Yea it’s a shame, I’m sure mick conlan would fill the 3arena down here too if he so wished.

My understanding is that Katie has been advised not to fight down here by the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

KM792 wrote: »
    He was in the papers last year remarried some young one from Dublin.Think she was 25.He buried a daughter by his first wife a few years ago.In fairness you never really get access to any of their three lives they are incredibly private.

We're only seeing Daniel's mush because of boxing.

He married some Dutch bird and she’s around the same age as him or a few years younger. CK never showed up to his ex wife’s funeral, DK & CK Jrs mother, he has a daughter with along with the two lads, and yes they’re all very private given the nature of the two sons line of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Irish boxing has moved up north
    https://www.irish-boxing.com/a-pointless-endeavour-the-true-cost-of-promoting-boxing-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Don Logan wrote: »
    He married some Dutch bird and she’s around the same age as him or a few years younger. CK never showed up to his ex wife’s funeral, DK & CK Jrs mother, he has a daughter with along with the two lads, and yes they’re all very private given the nature of the two sons line of work.

You're talking about Christy, he's on about Christy jnr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Haven’t seen it posted, What’s the Twitter name for the whistleblower?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement