Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Good old Pete. Anyone from the Bray area would know him and his exploits and seen him a lot walking around a lot. Some of the older generation were shaking their heads when he was getting somewhat famous as he had been a thief and ferocious scum bag for all the years previous (And still is) but RTE didn't care, he was Katie's dad

Fairly remarkable that he has churned out some very decent offspring. Katie's brother is a very well renowned prize winning physiscist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Prime Time on RTÉ ONE tonight, just said Crime Boss Daniel Kinahan to be talked about tonight on the show. On after 9pm news. Interesting to watch this.

Will watch it but wont be expecting any new information, most likely Nicola Tallent just re-hashing what is already well known

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Dk is up **** creek most countries over that part the world you need a letter from coppers from a country you lived in for 5 years to say your not a criminal then you can get a 5 year visa. Don't know how dk got round that coz he wouldn't be getting any bleedin character reference from coppers in Ireland or Spain. He's on his bollix if he gets kicked out of UAE he be hoppin round Asia like a backpacker doing visa runs every 3 months. He knows he be lifted if he comes to Europe and he can't go America. He ****ed to many people. In South America and Africa to he never be safe there. Dk just made the biggest mistake of his life the thick all the heat on him now he's red hot. Smcg be lifted first over duckegg Nicky be lifted now to over gh. Dk be last but he be landing in Baldonnel on a miltary plane the the half a head bastard

All those rules go out the window when your in bed with the royal family, and he’s running some sports company for them.
    The Middle east has been doing everything it can to get every major sport over there, and money is no object to get it. Golf, F1, MMA everything and anything they will flash the cash to get.

DK only has to make sure he keeps the royals on side and he can do whatever he wants out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Fairly remarkable that he has churned out some very decent offspring. Katie's brother is a very well renowned prize winning physiscist.

Yeah I'm surprised they all are respectable people, all to my knowledge went to college as well. From a housing estate in Bray full of junkies and scumbags as well, not only was Pete a bad influence but the mother's family were no angels either. But fair play to Katie and her siblings, they ignored their surroundings and did well in life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Un happy in rush

Ad had nothing to do with that he's terrified of the mtk crew why do you think gc is charged with it

Doesn't matter who was charged with it,, his older brother was very friendly with both sides, if it had anything to do with the hutches, they'd have better targets, AD ego is that big he's afraid of no-one

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm surprised they all are respectable people, all to my knowledge went to college as well. From a housing estate in Bray full of junkies and scumbags as well, not only was Pete a bad influence but the mother's family were no angels either. But fair play to Katie and her siblings, they ignored their surroundings and did well in life
    Pete was supplying them junkies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Oh dear, if that's legit, DK has messed up. Although he may be in Bahrain now. There's a fair few guys who have lived in Dubai for years (and are still there) that are much bigger fish then DK, if this causes his downfall you gotta think he's a completely inept arrogant daddy's boy

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Oh dear, if that's legit, DK has messed up. Although he may be in Bahrain now. There's a fair few guys who have lived in Dubai for years (and are still there) that are much bigger fish then DK, if this causes his downfall you gotta think he's a completely inept arrogant daddy's boy

I agree I imagine he dipped to Bahrain a number of weeks ago, and Bahrain is full of scum, perfect place for him, 40 odd degree cesspool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

I agree I imagine he dipped to Bahrain a number of weeks ago, and Bahrain is full of scum, perfect place for him, 40 odd degree cesspool

Yea sure he joined up with The Bahrain Sports Company a few weeks back. It’s great that this has all come up. We certainly don’t want him in this country cause if he was to get turfed out of everywhere and landed back on these shores then all hell will break loose has he would definitely have nothing to lose then. That’s my fear if all went up the creek with his Boxing promotion career.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Chicoso

Yea sure he joined up with The Bahrain Sports Company a few weeks back. It’s great that this has all up. We certainly don’t want him in this country cause if he was to get turfed out of everywhere and landed back on these shores then all hell will break loose has he would definitely have nothing to lose then. That’s my fear if all went up the creek with his Boxing promotion career.
    What are u on about

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Djpremier420

brady12 wrote: »
    I hear the young man of the notorious limerick crime family from limerick that was in Belfast with RL was slicing off lads ears in Kerry lately .
    To be fair the c*unt he sliced deserved it

Chicoso wrote: »
    What are u on about

Can’t you read?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Chicoso

Can’t you read?

I don't speak horsesh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Chicoso wrote: »
    I don't speak horsesh1t

Where'd you learn to type it so 😉

I wonder what happens if, hypothetically, he gets caught, extradited and potentially convicted of something. Would he run it in Portlaoise? Would one of his close associates step in and maintain the whole thing? I'm in no doubt that getting rid of DK will not stop drugs coming into Ireland but I'd wonder if alliances would still be in force if he's taken out of the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

Another headline that’s been sitting on the shelf, just waiting for the time to be right.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EaNyUd7XYAAY-qj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Prime Time did a good job on expanding thing tonight in fairness to them.

The more publicity it gets the better.

They also showed a clip of the film that was removed.over a week ago.

Thats big news, Daniel will be searching for one way flights to Bahrain right about now. Seems the UAE are done with turning a blind eye to criminals who use their country for sanctuary. It was never going to last forever, they have to trade with other countries at the end of the day.

The RTE Prime Time segment was interesting, especially the angle about putting pressure on Sky/BT and letting them know they're dealing with a drug cartel here who is promoting these boxing matches. Maybe Sky/BT wont care but there are laws in the UK about companies facilitating money laundering the proceeds of crime.

I dont know what DK is thinking here, I mean he is still running a drug cartel at the same time as trying to be a boxing promoter. He can do either one or the other but him doing both simultaneously is not going to work out well for him. The Hutch side could see this as weakness here, an attack on one of his UK based gyms in the lead up to a high profile fight would really throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

Another headline that’s been sitting on the shelf, just waiting for the time to be right.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EaNyUd7XYAAY-qj.jpg

Surprising that one of the many who have ended up in jail don’t go state evidence against him;

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thats big news, Daniel will be searching for one way flights to Bahrain right about now. Seems the UAE are done with turning a blind eye to criminals who use their country for sanctuary. It was never going to last forever, they have to trade with other countries at the end of the day.

The RTE Prime Time segment was interesting, especially the angle about putting pressure on Sky/BT and letting them know they're dealing with a drug cartel here who is promoting these boxing matches. Maybe Sky/BT wont care but there are laws in the UK about companies facilitating money laundering the proceeds of crime.

I dont know what DK is thinking here, I mean he is still running a drug cartel at the same time as trying to be a boxing promoter. He can do either one or the other but him doing both simultaneously is not going to work out well for him. The Hutch side could see this as weakness here, an attack on one of his UK based gyms in the lead up to a high profile fight would really throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

I was think that maybe Christy and Christy jr run it behind the scenes and let Danny play boxing promoter to keep him busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

You cant be sued for something you say in parliament, its called parliamentary privilege.

Not suing him but could be argued impossible to get fair trial with leader of country mentioning him by name..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Muahahaha wrote: »
    He can do either one or the other but him doing both simultaneously is not going to work out well for him. .

Surely being significant player in international boxing without paying his debt to society via a lengthy prison sentence AND a significant settlement with CAB is off the table period.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I was think that maybe Christy and Christy jr run it behind the scenes and let Danny play boxing promoter to keep him busy.

yeah I could be wrong but I get the impression that Christy snr is nowhere near the day to day running of the cartel anymore. Christy stayed under the radar his whole career whereas Danial keeps bringing heat upon himself, its like two totally different MOs and Id doubt that Christy would even approve of how he has been running things. Christy built that empire by keeping quiet whereas Daniel seems to be dragging it down by doing the exact opposite.

Either way Daniels problem is he cant lose the surname. They are officially known as the Kinahan Organised Crime Group and Daniels been named as the leader and now he is on the FBIs narco terrorist list too. Thats not a good look if you're trying to sell the PPV rights of major boxing fights to Sky/BT/ESPN, etc. Daniel can come out and say he is legit as much as he likes and throw money at Twitterbots to parrot the idea but at the end of the day if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck then it is a duck.

The fact the film was put up on a channel that post crime shows how much out of reality he is.

Putting it up was a mistake then taking it down means more people won't to know why and what is.

Streisand Effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

I’ll never understand why the K family didn’t ever pack it in once they had made tens and tens of millions they no doubt had and live a happy life (could be more € and most likely is but that reinforces my point - how much do you really need?!). I know these type peoples brains don’t work like ours but why they continued/continue doing what they do past the point of needing to actually do it baffles me as they risk MAJOR prison sentences year after year when they could have sailed into the sunset many moons ago before it went tits up.

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    I’ll never understand why the K family didn’t ever pack it in once they had made tens and tens of millions they no doubt had and live a happy life (could be more € and most likely is but that reinforces my point - how much do you really need?!). I know these type peoples brains don’t work like ours but why they continued/continue doing what they do past the point of needing to actually do it baffles me as they risk MAJOR prison sentences year after year when they could have sailed into the sunset many moons ago before it went tits up.

Greed

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Daniel Kinahan is James Saint Patrick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement