Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

LB's sister is married to Bomber so that is how the Byrnes got so high. They would have been directly reporting to Bomber who would have been at the top of the table just below CK and JC.

GH would not have seen himself below DK in the hierarchy. Probably what started their dispute.

I know we all love the Hutch crew especially Gary (Sarcasm By the Way) but he must have been very naive if he saw himself as equal to DK.

DK was always going to automatically be higher in the food chain then him due to who his dad is. I remember reading in that book Christy had a bit of distain for him and made him do deliberately remedial tasks just to show him he was on another level to himself. He seemed to dislike all the younger guys bar 1 or 2 for being incompetent or reckless, FT included in that

Deco Barry wrote: »
    I know they wanted to pay respect in all that but there were dozens of people at david byrnes funeral that the gardai had no idea were cartel members for example Declan Brady who the papers nicknamed mr nobody,they should have just stayed away

There you go. He was probably fairly high up as well, not Bomber level but still high up

There's probably more who we don't know about so ranking it all is a task even for the police

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I know they wanted to pay respect in all that but there were dozens of people at david byrnes funeral that the gardai had no idea were cartel members for example Declan Brady who the papers nicknamed mr nobody,they should have just stayed away

Would it be a thing you kinda had to show your face at it or it'd be taken as a snub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Would it be a thing you kinda had to show your face at it or it'd be taken as a snub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Any update on who was involved? Guy in a serious condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

Ridiculous trying to put a structure on it really but if you had to.

1. CK
    2. JC
    3. BK
    4. DK
    5. GH
    6. Jnr (....)
    7. Fred
    8. Ricer
    9. GK
    10. LB

Something like that - probably missed one or two.

None of us will ever know, but here’s my formation

Christy Kinahan (Retired) John Cunningham (Retired)
    Daniel Kinahan
    Christy Kinahan Jnr
    Bomber Kavanagh
    James Mulvey
    Garry Hutch (Deceased)
    Sean McGovern
    Liam Byrne David Byrne (Deceased)
    Ross Browning Gerard Kavanagh (Deceased)
    Paul Rice Freddy Thompson
    Liam Roe

with all of these strikers on the bench
    Johnny Keogh James Quinn Gary Finnegan Paddy Doyle (Deceased)
    Eamonn Cumberton Nicky McConnell Mago Gately (Transferred)

Granted, that formation wouldn’t win an All Ireland Final, but they could likely fill Croke Park with their ‘victims’.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Daniel Kinahan
    Christy Kinahan Jnr
    Bomber Kavanagh
    James Mulvey
    Garry Hutch (Deceased)
    Sean McGovern
    Liam Roe

Granted, that formation wouldn’t win an All Ireland Final, but they could likely fill Croke Park with their ‘victims’.

The Byrnes, Fat Fred and Bop are cousins, Bomber is LB brother in law and Mcgovern is/was Liams best friend so it’s easy to see how they all link up but with Gary’s patch mainly being the North Inner City and him spending a fair bit of time in jail from 01-06 if I recall, he must have done his fair share of proving himself to the cartel to get as trusted and rank as high as he was I assume. Was he well liked in and around Dublin or someone the average joe would have been best avoiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    The Byrnes, Fat Fred and Bop are cousins, Bomber is LB brother in law and Mcgovern is/was Liams best friend so it’s easy to see how they all link up but with Gary’s patch mainly being the North Inner City and him spending a fair bit of time in jail from 01-06 if I recall, he must have done his fair share of proving himself to the cartel to get as trusted and rank as high as he was I assume. Was he well liked in and around Dublin or someone the average joe would have been best avoiding?

Think College Green......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The Byrnes, Fat Fred and Bop are cousins

Liam Brannigan another cousin and probably well up the chain as well, was present the day the brains were being distributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

AmberGold wrote: »
    Can't imagine with all the resources at the Bahrain Royals disposal they'd be into washing cash for scum. Their leader Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa has done a lot for womens rights and is progressive.

If the UAE boot him that's it in the region, he'll be off to Somalia next.

The Bahraini Royal family are scum themselves, it wasnt that long ago they were torturing their own Olympic athletes and doctors, some of whom had trained and studied medicine here in Dublin in the Royal College of Surgeons on St.Stephens Green. That was a deal done between the Irish Government and the Bahraini royal family and it could yet prove telling in this saga. In the 2011 Arab Spring Bahraini doctors protested for democracy but instead of democracy they got kidnapped off the streets by the army, then tortured then convicted in show trials which handed them down prison sentences where they got tortured some more. This was all done to them on the orders of the Bahraini royal family, some of whose members have personally carried out the torture. Here is one of the doctors speaking in Dublin-
    At a briefing at the Mansion House in Dublin, she called on the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) to condemn the sentences handed down to the doctors yesterday.

“It’s not like the jails or prison in the modern world where a criminal goes in and gets rehabilitation,” Dr Dhaif said. “It is a facility used to punish and torture people. People are punished there for freedom of expression.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irish-trained-surgeon-given-five-year-jail-sentence-in-bahrain-1.1066319

When looking at Arab Royal families you have to completely ignore the Crown Prince and King titles, the media spin, the big army ceremonies and the fancy Arab dress- it is all a complete illusion. Behind the scenes Arab royal families are made up of thousands of competing royals who are each aligned to dozens of family tribes who are all competing for power. It is dog eat dog stuff

In Saudi Arabia the royal family has over 15,000 members. Behind the scenes each tribe is struggling to get to the top. Prison, torture, murder are regular methods that the ruling tribe will use to keep the other tribes in check, this all happens clandestinely with the use of secret police to carry out abductions. Right now Mohammed bin Salman has several of his own cousins and uncles under house arrest, all their phones and computers are tapped and they cant go anywhere because he suspects they were plotting to overthrow him.

The Bahraini royal family control and run the Central Bank of Bahrain which is awash with petrodollars. If the price of hosting the biggest boxing match in history is washing money for DK then I have no doubt that they will turn a blind eye to whatever needs to happen for the fight to go ahead on their soil. Daniel needs to tread carefully with them though, he doesnt want to find himself on a tiny desert island with no way out and a pissed off Bahraini royal family, they're not for messing with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There you go. He was probably fairly high up as well, not Bomber level but still high up

There's probably more who we don't know about so ranking it all is a task even for the police

I think there has to be a fair few more than just the 10 or 12 named as being in the structure here, there is more under the hood. The FBI and DEA put Danial AND 27 of his associates on their narco terrorist list. My guess is that the FBI & DEA are not interested in your regular kind of foot soldier and those 27 are all serious players in his gang.

Not sure if it was here I read it but pretty sure it was said that DEA agents operating out of the American embassy in Dubai showed up to Daniels wedding. I wonder how that went down because presumably his wedding would have been in a private suite of a 5 star hotel with armed security checking everyone on the door. I doubt the DEA were there dressed up as waiters and barmen, its not their style. Id say they just went straight up, flashed the badge and said we're here for the wedding and they had to be let in. They were probably standing there for the evening sticking out like a sore thumb at an Irish gangland wedding, observing everything and everyone and even taking photos as they pleased. Its probably a fair bet that the 27 associates that are on their nacro terrorist list now were all at that wedding.

Daniel Kinahan
    Christy Kinahan Jnr
    Bomber Kavanagh
    James Mulvey
    Garry Hutch (Deceased)
    Sean McGovern
    Liam Roe

Haha this made me laugh, I think GW aka the Wig would be high up as well. Since Mulvey is mentioned, would that Sines guy be thrown in as well as some other UK based guys?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think there has to be a fair few more than just the 10 or 12 named as being in the structure here, there is more under the hood. The FBI and DEA put Danial AND 27 of his associates on their narco terrorist list. My guess is that the FBI & DEA are not interested in your regular kind of foot soldier and those 27 are all serious players in his gang.

Not sure if it was here I read it but pretty sure it was said that DEA agents operating out of the American embassy in Dubai showed up to Daniels wedding. I wonder how that went down because presumably his wedding would have been in a private suite of a 5 star hotel with armed security checking everyone on the door. I doubt the DEA were there dressed up as waiters and barmen, its not their style. Id say they just went straight up, flashed the badge and said we're here for the wedding and they had to be let in. They were probably standing there for the evening sticking out like a sore thumb at an Irish gangland wedding, observing everything and everyone and even taking photos as they pleased. Its probably a fair bet that the 27 associates that are on their nacro terrorist list now were all at that wedding.

Interesting. I assumed the list of 27 were the leaders of other trafficking groups who DK was aligned with, just a guess though.

In the Cartel book it seemed like his cousin (Eddie Hutches deceased son)and a guy called Cervi got involved with the Kinahans and through them that's how he got into contact with the Kinahan's and then developed a relationship from there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

GH wasn't that high up
    He was a soldier like Freddie and paddy Doyle and only after college green and giving the proceeds to dk he thought and was let think he was higher up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

In the Cartel book it seemed like his cousin (Eddie Hutches deceased son)and a guy called Cervi got involved with the Kinahans and through them that's how he got into contact with the Kinahan's and then developed a relationship from there
    Bouncer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Un happy in rush

Haladmirer wrote: »
    GH wasn't that high up
    He was a soldier like Freddie and paddy Doyle and only after college green and giving the proceeds to dk he thought and was let think he was higher up

He was definitely a step above them two

He was definitely a step above them two

I'd say Paddy Doyle was respected more so then the guys he hung around with like GH and Freddie Thompson when he was alive anyway as he seemed to be a trusted associate of Colin Smith who would have been head of the Liverpool Cartel. Gary may have surpassed him after his death. Again I don't know for certain though, all from what I've read

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Bouncer

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The film Daniel got made is gas.

It starts as he's worried about public safety, why would you think this going to a weight in.

All the while flooding the place with drugs and killing people
    He is making phone calls to check it's ok.

If I go to bingo I don't check if it's ok..

Sorry to worry people that go to bingo,I don't go to bingo but same applies. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Un happy in rush

I'd say Paddy Doyle was respected more so then the guys he hung around with like GH and Freddie Thompson when he was alive anyway as he seemed to be a trusted associate of Colin Smith who would have been head of the Liverpool Cartel. Gary may have surpassed him after his death. Again I don't know for certain though, all from what I've read

Wasn't paddy telling detectives here about wanting to get out of all that stuff

Wasn't paddy telling detectives here about wanting to get out of all that stuff

I think that was Freddie Thompson who was speaking to Detectives referring to his friend Declan Gavin when he was actually talking about himself saying "Deco's in too deep...etc". Although you could be right as I think Paddy's dad said after his death that he now had two young kids and he wanted out and it was all becoming too much a few months leading up to his death. I have a feeling every parent of a dead gangster says that though, how they actually were good guys really and fell into this/wanted to be a normal average Joe. I wouldn't feel too much sympathy for Paddy either way, seemed like a psycho, got involved with a fair few organisations from the Crumlin side in the feud, to Hyland's gang, to the Dundon's, to the Kinahan's. to the Liverpool Cartel with lots of murders to his name and I think he was involved in the planning of the murder of the totally innocent Latvian mother on behalf of the Dundon's with Marlo Hyland's blessing (Who got a young relation of his to actually carry out the murder to my knowledge, not 100% sure on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

In the present cartel list where does matthew M ( sounds like cacklin) fit in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ratindubai123

Hahah - Mago (Transferred) that’s a good gag that.

The original question on formation I understood was the era circa 08-12.

LB, his brother and SMCG were not that high up at all. PR was very well respected. And Fred was heavier than LB.

DK knows the Byrnes are scrotes. CK wouldn’t even look at them. The only reason LB is involved at all now is because there’s nobody left. He has no power - he’s troublemaking scum. And He didn’t lick it off a stone.

Other posters mention GW and again he wouldn’t have been involved heavily back then. In the reserves.

Mulvey wasn’t involved in tactics either at all. As far as I’m aware he was more of a gilly for the UK market. Not overly respected. More of a short-term loan deal.

PLATOBONG wrote: »
    In the present cartel list where does matthew M ( sounds like cacklin) fit in ?

Nowhere. Purposely oblivious to it all.

Nowhere. Purposely oblivious to it all.

The whistleblower keeps bringing him up

PLATOBONG wrote: »
    The whistleblower keeps bringing him up

Because he was a respected sports person and sold himself out to DK. Whistleblower criticises him for turning a blind eye to the serious crime side of things.

But MM himself has no actual involvement in serious crime - probably facilitates money laundering such as the MTK business etc. But 100% not involved in drugs / arms trafficking etc.

Because he was a respected sports person and sold himself out to DK. Whistleblower criticises him for turning a blind eye to the serious crime side of things.

But MM himself has no actual involvement in serious crime - probably facilitates money laundering such as the MTK business etc. But 100% not involved in drugs / arms trafficking etc.

Ok cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wiz1001

I'd say Paddy Doyle was respected more so then the guys he hung around with like GH and Freddie Thompson when he was alive anyway as he seemed to be a trusted associate of Colin Smith who would have been head of the Liverpool Cartel.

Speaking of the Liverpool Cartel does anyone know the names off the low profile brothers supposedly at the top, I'll take anything initials etc https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/cantril-farm-costa-del-sol-17982211

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

Well the Irish Sun are making sure they keep the pressure on, guilty or not.
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/5536047/daniel-kinahan-person-of-interest-three-murder-plots/

That just sums up 2020 perfectly. Bat**** mental even The Sun are trying to do something honorable :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement