Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The suspected shooter of Garda Colm Horkan has been named in the media.

Apparently he stood over the Garda after the shooting & made no attempt to flee.

The 43 year old mechanic SS was doing push ups while in custody earlier today and has minor convictions, including for road traffic and public order, and was involved in half a dozen mental health incidents, garda sources said.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Apparently he stood over the Garda after the shooting & made no attempt to flee.

The 43 year old mechanic SS was doing push ups while in custody today and has minor convictions, including for road traffic and public order, and was involved in half a dozen mental health incidents, garda sources said.

I know him, Stephen Silver, has mental issues

Timmyr wrote: »
    I know him, Stephen Silver, has mental issues

15 rounds from the Sig Sauer handgun? I didn't think they held more than 11 rounds & maybe one more in the breech?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

The 43 year old mechanic SS was doing push ups while in custody earlier today and has minor convictions, including for road traffic and public order, and was involved in half a dozen mental health incidents, garda sources said.

That's so sad on both sides of the situation.

Been reported on twitter the suspect Stephen Silver shouted "Black Lives Matter" before shooting dead the Garda. Look it up I can't post links, that account is normally 100% accurate with info it's Tae Guevara been posted here before

https://twitter.com/mikenor61475494/status/1273755614909542401

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/garda-colm-horkan-murder-suspect-22216895

Very sad for all involved.

I wonder if he will go to prison or the central mental hospital (which last I heard it was at full capacity).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Chicoso

The Black lives matter thing prob doesn't mean anything

Be just the inane ramblings of a disturbed person

Shouldn't that say

"I haven't seen it reported anywhere, but allegedly Stephen Silver shouted "Black Lives Matter" before shooting Garda Colm Horkan dead in Castlerea. This American violence is seeping into global consciousness."And maybe follow up with "I heard it from my cousin who is friends with the sister of a Garda that listened to the audio from his unit."

They are also looking for the person that took the photos/video last night, maybe Tae Guevara knows who that is and saw the video
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/killing-of-det-garda-colm-horkan-was-random-and-for-no-purpose-commissioner-1.4282551

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Shouldn't that say

"I haven't seen it reported anywhere, but allegedly Stephen Silver shouted "Black Lives Matter" before shooting Garda Colm Horkan dead in Castlerea. This American violence is seeping into global consciousness."And maybe follow up with "I heard it from my cousin who is friends with the sister of a Garda that listened to the audio from his unit."

I have no idea, it's Tae Guevara's Tweet, take it up with him.

It was reported on RTE tonight that Gardai are satisfied they have tracked down the person behind the photo/video.

I have no idea, it's Tae Guevara's Tweet, take it up with him.

It was reported on RTE tonight that Gardai are satisfied they have tracked down the person behind the photo/video.

No, I know, wasn't accusing you of it. I just thought the tweet was bit stupid for a couple of reasons.

It could even be true, but I find it hard to believe that he shouted that out after a scuffle and then shot at him 15 times.

Suckit wrote: »
    No, I know, wasn't accusing you of it. I just thought the tweet was bit stupid for a couple of reasons.

It could even be true, but I find it hard to believe that he shouted that out after a scuffle and then shot at him 15 times.

I'm sure it will all come out eventually? So many lives devastated for nothing it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

He didn’t think twice about murdering the Garda so he definitely needs to be locked up forever. A scene from a nightmare played out in what I’d say was ultra quick. Wouldn’t say the Garda knew anything much he was killed so quickly I’d say. Absolutely scum of the earth to murder a man in cold blood like that.

If there was a scuffle then that would mean it was in warm, not cold blood.

Are all these Garda seizures actually achieving anything?

Guess it keeps drug use down and prices up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 protectyaneck

Chicoso wrote: »
    Are all these Garda seizures actually achieving anything?

Guess it keeps drug use down and prices up

Yeah it really makes a difference, The war on drugs will be won any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

Every seizure has to relax the pressure in communities and town centres.
    Plentiful supply causes havoc in my opinion as the junkies can be seen on the streets 24 hours a day.

2forjoy wrote: »
    Every seizure has to relax the pressure in communities and town centres.
    Plentiful supply causes havoc in my opinion as the junkies can be seen on the streets 24 hours a day.

That was my thinking

Usage goes up with unrestricted supply, think I read that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

From what I hear there is a bit of a shortage of green, but everything else is available. I'd imagine the demand for white is right down, and maybe when we start getting back to normal there might be a shortage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Seizures rarely if ever effect supply
    By there own reckoning they only get 10 %of gear,if you believe that
    Price of coke doesn't go up or down with any seizures,weed steady price too
    When you think about it they can't stop drugs getting into prisons,even tough no **** prisons,so how can they stop it in a porous country

• Advertisement

From what I hear there is a bit of a shortage of green, but everything else is available. I'd imagine the demand for white is right down, and maybe when we start getting back to normal there might be a shortage.
    There is a shortage of green only because it's been smoked so much in lockdown,not because of any seizures

Shortages and price increases on the Darkweb

covid panic.buying.the reason

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

Chicoso wrote: »
    Shortages and price increases on the Darkweb

covid panic.buying.the reason

I’ve quit alchohol for green. Best move.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

What’s the deal with drogheda. Surely the different groups see each other all the time in town? They can’t sit in their houses all year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Don Logan wrote: »
    What’s Mr Big at these days? He went from being in the papers non stop to vanishing like a ghost

I saw him out for a walk near his gaff during the warm weather. With his shirt off, Staff terrier on a lead and mott in a fancy tracksuit, he even looked like a dealer from a hundred yards out-I recognised him as I walked past.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

sabat wrote: »
    I saw him out for a walk near his gaff during the warm weather. With his shirt off, Staff terrier on a lead and mott in a fancy tracksuit, he even looked like a dealer from a hundred yards out-I recognised him as I walked past.

Amazing that he walks around like that, surely there are gangs everywhere that would love to take him out?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

sabat wrote: »

That’s gas haha, if I was a high profile gangster like that id have a treadmill bought so I would’nt have to leave the house. What is it with gangsters and staff terriers/ pit bulls ? Is it a common necessity amongst them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Amazing that he walks around like that, surely there are gangs everywhere that would love to take him out?

No idea but I doubt anything major like that would have taken place at the height of the lockdown-this was when there was almost zero traffic and checkpoints everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

Hard to know if you two actually believe that or are taking the p1ss

• Advertisement

Only a couple of pics of big online and he looks fairly different in them,hard to believe anyone would rec him at a glance from them,unless you knew him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement