Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm fascinated by this idea that if say my son or nephew lost €250K of a shipment that his people would feel it ok to come after me for the debt if they knew I had my own house/car etc.

Is this a uniquely Irish thing? I'm thinking of something like The Wire where it never seemed to be a concept - if Avons crew had a setback I don't recall them ever deciding they could go after relatives to make it good. It was just taken on the chin as being part of the business.

I don't know if it's an Irish thing. I doubt it. But it is getting much worse in recent years in my experience. I even know of youth workers trying to pay off debts to keep young lads safe.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/drug-debts-first-come-bullets-in-the-post-then-the-family-home-is-firebombed-1.3784369

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm fascinated by this idea that if say my son or nephew lost €250K of a shipment that his people would feel it ok to come after me for the debt if they knew I had my own house/car etc.

Is this a uniquely Irish thing? I'm thinking of something like The Wire where it never seemed to be a concept - if Avons crew had a setback I don't recall them ever deciding they could go after relatives to make it good. It was just taken on the chin as being part of the business.

that's because it's showbiz, reality is very different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Personally I know a cousin of mine ran up a very small debt for weed. One night a young lad called to his parents door and demanded the money was paid. His older brother told the young lad to get away from the door as he was getting nothing. The young lad at the door just shrugged and said "I'm only here to collect, when I go back without it the dealer will send someone else down to burn you car". My cousin knew he wasn't messing either. The family ended up throwing the son out as the heat to the door was too much.

My only concern would be, lets say a drug dealer claims your young lad owes them €200, and it turns to €400 if you don't pay etc.... but your son never got any drugs. You aren't dealing with Tesco here and you can ring to sort it out. If they claim he got them, you could be in a position to pay even though it isn't right. Families are always left with the Debt, in every sense. I have to say, the war on drugs has failed, the fact it's illigal creates a business for the dealers. I don't know should the government decriminalize drugs and will that fix these problems. Remember the headshops? Sure drug dealers were burning them down as it was hitting their bottom line.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 58 ✭✭Lfc1988

Mr big out to get him?

Them young lads who chased him in the video under orders from big is what I have heard. Dangerous little ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

WOC would be able to take anyone on

Why hasn't he done anything to the darndale kids or big yet if that's the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Some posters on here really hype up WOC. All I've seen is kids chasing him around town and his bike getting stolen from his garden every second week.

WOC would be able to take anyone on

Is that why he legged it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Some posters on here really hype up WOC. All I've seen is kids chasing him around town and his bike getting stolen from his garden every second week.
    Only one poster I see hyping him much here
    That Purpleandblue lad

Truly messing with the wrong one, the little boys must be terrified

Didn’t look terrified chasing him though town to be fair though did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Purpleandblue

Lfc1988 wrote: »
    Didn’t look terrified chasing him though town to be fair though did they?
    Size of him compared to them

• Advertisement

Size of him compared to them

Is that you Warren? Lol

I would say the darndale kids know he's not capable of hitting back that's why they recorded the incident in town for added insult

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hjup93

Is kboy still able to supply his side with drugs while on the run or have his side completely collapsed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

He can get coked up and go through houses of women and children but he'll do feck all to people that he knows will retaliate. He's a windbag. Spends too much time trying to get McGregor's attention on Instagram to be a hard man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 StevomcD1987

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ck988

Are the two Kilmore brothers often referred to in articles the Nortons or somebody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

Ck988 wrote: »
    Are the two Kilmore brothers often referred to in articles the Nortons or somebody else?

Norton’s is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Syndic wrote: »
    He can get coked up and go through houses of women and children but he'll do feck all to people that he knows will retaliate. He's a windbag. Spends too much time trying to get McGregor's attention on Instagram to be a hard man.

Exactly. All them young lads were hiding under their beds from Robbie Lawlor.They celebrated robbie's death like they won the world cup. They aren't afraid of WOC or anyone associated with him. Thats all paper talk trying to make WOC out to be a big player

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

Any updates from Drogheda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

leko99 wrote: »
    Any updates from Drogheda?

Yep can confirm it's still a sh*thole.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Un happy in rush

Exactly. All them young lads were hiding under their beds from Robbie Lawlor.They celebrated robbie's death like they won the world cup. They aren't afraid of WOC or anyone associated with him. Thats all paper talk trying to make WOC out to be a big player

I'm sure woc would batter them all,, one by one of course, those little scrotes think they're tough when they've a group with them or knives on them, pussies can't fight at all

I'm sure woc would batter them all,, one by one of course, those little scrotes think they're tough when they've a group with them or knives on them, pussies can't fight at all

Which would be beneficial if fist fights were still a thing 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Would Darndale be the worst spot in Dublin at the minute

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Roo must be the most honest dealer ever
    I was just out to make a profit ha
    Mustn't just give a ****
    I've read about this fued being complicated but looking at the individuals involved I can't seeing it being too complicated
    Any one know

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

Pretty sure it was measured as the most deprived part of the city quite recently. I dunno, I drive all over the city regularly, Darndale/Priorswood seems pretty bad, but Cherry Orchard, Neilstown and maybe South/West Finglas don’t seem much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭jay1988

It's been the worst spot in Dublin for a long time, only getting noticed now because it's where there's an active feud at the minute. It's always been a complete an utter dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrlouth

What ever happened to BF the guys with all videos going mad

• Advertisement

Mrlouth wrote: »
    What ever happened to Bernard fogerty

Still eating budweiser weetabix

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement