Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Lfc1988 wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree with this more it is an open air market down there. Blatant all day everyday.

But that’s odd about Barry drive is that it is one road of maybe 25 houses, not that close to Finglas village or charlestown so it’s an odd place for it to be so blatant

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    All things that are serious of course.

Average murderer serves 22 years in this country, this wasn't murder and sentence should reflect that.

He will serve 9or 10. It will reflect the crime in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

But that’s odd about Barry drive is that it is one road of maybe 25 houses, not that close to Finglas village or charlestown so it’s an odd place for it to be so blatant

And the place is a swarm of crack heads through out the day getting their fix outside the shops. A few safe houses close by that the little runarounds operate from.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

he was a few inches away from killing a garda. he had a live hand grenade. he was firing a machine gun in the middle of the street.

I think he got off lightly enough too, especially given he has previous for possessing guns. Had that grenade gone off he would have killed three Gardai. He was firing shots out in the street and then fired another five shots when Gardai were in the bathroom, one of which narrowly missed a Gardas head. Thats attempted murder in my book and to be only serving 10 years for it given his previous is an easy sentence all things considered.

I think if someone has a conviction for weapons charges and then goes and does it again then the book needs to be thrown at them. Get them off the streets till at least their mid 60s because its clear they have no intention of reforming.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think he got off lightly enough too, especially given he has previous for possessing guns. Had that grenade gone off he would have killed three Gardai. He was firing shots out in the street and then fired one off which narrowly missed a Gardas head, thats attempted murder in my book and to be only serving 10 years for it given his previous is an easy sentence all things considered.

not forgetting what happened to the people who owned the house he went in to. they couldn't move back in for months after bomb disposal made the hand grenade safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 StevomcD1987

Mrlouth wrote: »
    That whistleblower page on twitter gone who was the guy that caught giving Info AK any links?

Do you have a link to the twittter page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Lfc1988 wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree with this more it is an open air market down there. Blatant all day everyday.

Yep has been getting ridiculous in the last couple of years. Worst spot for it in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Pardon my ignorance but if it’s such a small road wouldn’t a Garda car parked there put a stop to drug dealing there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Video of a garda pointing a gun at some lad in Oliver Bond up on North Dublin Checkpoints. Something going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

does be sitting in his car every morning out in Clontarf on the coast

Long way from Greystones to Clontarf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

he had a live hand grenade. he was firing a machine gun in the middle of the street.

That sounds like my kind of party

"I was just internally chortling about the idea of how enjoyable life might be if we were all a little bit more like the Arab."

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭beerbellybob

This one has always confused me as well. Strange how they would go through that trouble over a comment but yet were never successful in getting cs.

He must have been an easier target?

looks like he weighs 90LBS soaking wet...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe Kane

Pardon my ignorance but if it’s such a small road wouldn’t a Garda car parked there put a stop to drug dealing there?

Parked there all day, like?

They'd be as well off putting up a scarecrow dressed as a Garda outside the shop

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 153 ✭✭MrFlashy92

https://mobile.twitter.com/Chris78335010/status/1286725890601295874

There’s that vid at Oliver Bond today, anyone know what happened, young fella looks very young

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JohnDough

The dynamic is changing now with the drug trade

Online and mail order are both big business

JohnDough wrote: »
    The dynamic is changing now with the drug trade

Online and mail order are both big business

On the bus just before lockdown there, the two young lads just behind me were discussing paying the drug dealer in the local nightclub with Revolut. It's nice to see them move with the times.

On the bus just before lockdown there, the two young lads just behind me were discussing paying the drug dealer in the local nightclub with Revolut. It's nice to see them move with the times.

I was half joking, mail order and online get it

There's something about this country lads just want a bag of weed and a line from the lad around the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Judge doesn't decide that, Prison service do.

No they don't. The Judge passes down the sentence knowing that he will automatically be granted one quarter remission.
    BTW, 15 years is 180 months so quarter off that is 135 months so he'll do 11 years and three months. With his record he'll to it to the day or as close as dammit..
    Didn't see the full sentence report but I'd imagine that it was backdated to when he went into custody. If he's been in custody since the offence then he has almost exactly 10 left to do.
    The sentence was actually 17 years but the Judge suspended two which is nuts. I can't see any justification for suspending any of it for a lifelong serious criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

Thesiger wrote: »

Something about CAB

Always makes me think of taxis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Thesiger wrote: »

That is surely just about CP gang. Obviously the Gardai are watching him like a hawk 24/7. Silly boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Word round Dublin tonight that Stee Browner took over for Cancer Kinahan up in Dublin, he’s the go to man now so he is.

Don Logan wrote: »
    Word round Dublin tonight that Stee Browner took over for Cancer Kinahan up in Dublin, he’s the go to man now so he is.

Sausie sambos he sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Why would you try to slander that young fella who has been an overnight success?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Is it Barry Drive that's the problem, or Barry Close? Barry drive is from the shops to Cappagh Avenue. Barry Close is kind of behind the shops.
    I lived in Finglas most of my life (moved to Australia 7 years ago), and that area was quieter than it had ever been. You'd see 3 or 4 blokes and the shops, but not the gang loads there used to be 20 years ago.
    Barry Close was always a bit out of the way, but I'd always go through Barry Drive on my way to Cappagh Avenue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Akesh wrote: »
    That is surely just about CP gang. Obviously the Gardai are watching him like a hawk 24/7. Silly boy.

Not that gang

Why would you try to slander that young fella who has been an overnight success?

It’s a joke you wet wipe try not being offended by everything for 5 minutes give yourself a break

It’s a joke you wet wipe try not being offended by everything for 5 minutes give yourself a break

Some attempt at a joke, don't give up the day job if you ever manage to get one.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Some attempt at a joke, don't give up the day job if you ever manage to get one.

You’ve a great sense of humour I see

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement